Credits & Info

Uploaded
Dec 30, 2011 | 8:26 AM EST

If you liked this, check these out!

High Scores

This board is currently empty.

Author Comments

"The owl men are here, and they're so very hungry."

Gary Mason, former head of security, Outpost:Haven.

A distress call wakes you and your crew mate from C-Sleep. A suspected rad leak at the nearby Outpost space station needs investigating. Don't worry, it should just be a quick jump in, jump out job...

Enjoy.

< Edit - Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone whose taken the time to play, vote and review the game. We may not have replied to all the comments but we have read them all, even the mental ones. Cheers - Squize >

V1.1
- Level 3 made easier. Also forcefield is triggered during vulnerable sections of the level.
- El presidente medal fixed.
- Challenges fixed, no more broken numbers.
- Various tweaks and fixes.

V1.2
- Bug with weapons unavailable in Swarm mode fixed.
- Turrets accuracy fixed.
- Console intro can be skipped by clicking.
- Level 3 tweaked so its less likely to break ( Yet again )
- Shout out to the NG boys who helped with bugs in the credits.
- Various tweaks and fixes.

V1.3
- Challenges should be less buggy.
- Reduced the chance of being stuck in a spawn hole.
- Invisible objects fixed.
- I'm sure someone said faster running would be nice ? Done.

V1.4
- A bit of retconning ready for Outpost 2, plus a little teaser.
- Minor tweaks and fixes
- Full screen mode if you've got Flash 11.3 or greater installed.

Just a note on the quality settings, its already running in low quality, hence the lack of in-game option for it.

Reviews

SuperSapitoSuperSapito

Rated 3 / 5 stars

If I had to use a metaphor to define this game, it would be "Double edged sword". Or maybe "Golden garbage"? Whatever, it has big positive points AND very negative points.

The plusses are obvious: Nice story, fun gameplay and excellent sound effects and, to some extent, graphical effects.

The negatives are: Lack of enemy diversity/specialization - they basically make a beeline for the player, and the hidey one tends to stay put even after taking bullets. Weapons are also basically the same overall, only the shotgun and CL are really different (vulcan is absurdly underpowered).

Controls are bad, simply put. Why not reload with "R"? No hotkeys for weapons either? What the hell?

The "break" point (and what makes this game rate low) is the final medal req (all challenges completed) because it "forces" the player to play the swarm and story mode so many many times and kill so many many many enemies. This makes the game get old really fast. 5 waves for a round, 3 rounds for a set etc. is an absurd and will require many days to complete. so, in short, FAIL.

I hope the sequel is better, since you seem to pay attention to feedback.

People find this review helpful!
Squize responds:

"Golden garbage", love it :)

Thanks for the review mate. I don't disagree with your points, but this came out in what, 2011 ? The sequel ( Lost Outpost ) is much richer and just all round better in every way, but I think it's fair to say that'll be dated now too.
You learn and grow as a game dev, also expectations change, so what may have been fine for a Flash game in 2011 wouldn't be now, so yeah it's going to have lots of rough edges.

FloGrownGatorFloGrownGator

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars

Terrific sound effects! Enjoy the top-down viewpoint! Customization was key to a positive rating here!

evilcarlpalenciaevilcarlpalencia

Rated 5 / 5 stars

It's a good game.

orion1220orion1220

Rated 5 / 5 stars

should be alot more views cool game

mushfekmushfek

Rated 4 / 5 stars

Last mission is the scariest!