Reviews for "Outpost:Haven"

Great game.

I know people don't like comparing games because a lot of people want to be original, but this reminded me of 'Alien Swarm'.

That could have been your inspiration, I don't know. It also reminded me of 'Alien vs Predator' because it has the radar.

Squize responds:

It was hugely inspired by "Alien Breed", the original Amiga version not the nasty recent ones on XBLA / PSN.
I did watch a lot of Alien Swarm clips on youTube too, as it's such a fantastic looking game. I wish we could have done real time lighting like that.
Also the film Aliens of course, but nearly every developer has been to that well, Bungie especially :)

Not bad, great for closing the year.

Sad thing I had a small problem. Right after killing the first alien, I got earraped. Dunno what caused it.

Squize responds:

That is such a weird bug, I have no idea what could cause it.
Sorry about the ear rape, it's not the first time I've had to apologise for that.
( 2 hours into 2012 and a rape joke already, that's that resolution broken ).

Awesome

Nice game , i cannot beat the last level T_T because i get stuck and everything explodes , i cannot find the darn lift!javascript:submission_controller .GetReviewController().SaveReview();

Awesome

AS well as the sound effects and the visuals it was overall the best game I ever played this year. And the free movie helps too though it did kinda suck

Squize responds:

Plan 9 from Outer Space is a classic man ;)

Epic Alien Shooter...

This should deserve a 10/10 and a 5/5 coz of da work he made into this but the problem with this game is the pistol... it has low ammo and its firing rate is slow but i havent check if it is powerful for da aliens coz i dont wanna die in a lvl... but still 10/10 5/5 deserve it!!

Cheers.
The pistol is just there for when you've run out of ammo ( Hence no upgrades for it ). You can use it for opening doors when you're low on ammo / key cards too, but that's really its only use.