Good one. Was way too easy for me.
To those who don't understand the little box at the bottom I explain:
if it looks like 5>1 2<3 (5>1 being the top relation, 2<3 being the bottom one)
it means that you rolled 5 attack and your enemy rolled 1 defense for the turn, thus your enemy gets hurt for 4 hitpoints (5-1=4)
the bottom relation is vice versa - you rolled 2 defense and the enemy rolled 3 attack, thus you loose 1 hitpoint
1>1 or 3<3 would mean no damage
Good luck with your rolls and BEWARE OF THE CRAZY CHICKEN :D
Some people have crazy-good luck with the RNG it seems. Glad you liked it! Was intended to be a super-simple die-rolling system.
the only thing that bithers me is there is no music and there is no ending sorry but its silly to go through all that for nothing
Has a nice LOZ feel to it
The overhead view, old school NES graphics, and battle system are very well thought out. I also like the costume changes when he levels up, and the weapon, shield, and health upgrades.
One minor problem that I found is that the map doesn't scroll fast enough to keep pace w/ my chara when I'm moving in only one direction, so I often get in fights I don't want to get in or accidentally pick up the red things when my health bar is full b/c I can't see much of the screen ahead of me.
Otherwise this is excellent work, looking forwards to playing this a lot when I don't feel like studying :)
Yay for Flixel!!!
I have only two problems:
1. I have no sound. Is there supposed to be sound? If so, why not for me?
2. Too easy. I was extremely lazy with pickups starting with the third area, and still I felt like I was cheating. Either give less powerups, make them affect you gradually, or use a different method of deterimining your power.
Now for the pros:
1. Flixel. My computer doesn't lag with Flixel, so I like it.
2. RPG. My favorite genre.
3. Exploration. An important concept for RPGs.
4. Awesomeness. Self-explanatory. :D
5. I can't think of one right now, but I'll probably think of one later.
Make a sequel, please.
Rather long, for a Flixel...
but good none the less
Wish you could make the dude move faster... or teleport through needless walls