It's a good game. The only problem is my stations keep disappearing every time I build them.
Overall, this game is what I would want it to be, or very close.
It has some notable bugs though, and difficulties with game mechanics:
1) The seek and destroy button tells the fleet to gather at the planet. Makes it impossible to get a fleet attack going.
2) The select nearest ship will pick a friendly also.
3) if you scroll the mouse wheel while in battle, the page goes up, making it hard to see the battle that is off screen. No full screen mode.
4) Visibility is of a very close area, enemies frequently fire from off screen.
5) First time I played, I didn't realize I was buying plans for system buildings, and bought multiples of habitats and mining stations. This lead to errors of them not starting construction properly, leading me to have to restart the game.
6) No option to enter name, etc, when I restarted. All planets I owned had blank for owner name, leading to confusions.
7) A couple systems said I was there when I tried to warp to them from close by systems. Cargo missions were not deliverable there, and had to be dropped.
8) The commands to follow the flagship or stay in a system seem to be ordered at the fleet level, making it hard to place ships to defend a specific system.
9) Only 8 ships could be issued orders at a time, even when many more were in system.
10) After purchasing ships from another empire, some ships would often not follow the flag ship when warping out.
11) Having to tell the fleet to follow the flagship before every warp.
I would like to have seen the crew skills come into play a bit more in tangible ways.
Near as I could tell, you just train up navigation to 100 so you can enter nebula, similar for away teams and inhabiting planets.
I would like to have seen some indication as to where war zones were that news mentioned.
Red circle around the planets on the jump map would have helped.
Text was overall hard to read, and important news (completion of system structures, etc) be logged for reference. When window was full, the scroll down didn't work to be able to see all details.
Strategy games are not for everyone but this one was quality
I don't really care for strategy games like that. I've seen nearly all the "Star Trek" movies. You'd think I would be more familiar with this! Instead, it was mostly alien. Hee hee, pun. I do appreciate the game's atmosphere.
It was just a bit too complicated for me. Yeah, I'm too lazy to look into games like this. The sounds were nice. It could have used more music. It should please bigger fans.
I love this game although their is some bugs that i wish were fixed and maybe more features but what's their i love