00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

blakenator9872 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Great idea

42,876 Views | 1,083 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Great idea 2003-12-02 18:26:26

At 11/29/03 08:09 AM, Az3r wrote: Damn, why ain't anyone responding.
I tought this could be a cool main character...
Didn't took too much time, so you could animate it, even it's going to be a tough one.

dude these are ur drawing make ur own flash there great im telling you ill even help you if you want

Response to Great idea 2003-12-02 18:34:24

thanx for complementing his work. but i have a few issues

1 dont triple post, as if you are talking in reallife u could have said all that in one post.

2 no one will steal his work were all freinds round here, if the do i will personally break their legs.

3 read the topic first, i dont want to waste my time giving u a story. this topic is noting to do with that

4 go away unless you have something intelligent to say.

i rest now good night.

Response to Great idea 2003-12-02 22:58:50

I have just about no flash talent whatsoever, but i think its a great idea. Has a genre been decided on yet? im sure this has been said already, but i didn't have time to read through 35 pages of posts.

Response to Great idea 2003-12-03 00:42:36

Sorry i havent been on for awhile, i had this horrible ass flu, and i was in bed for 3 days, and im just getting over it.

Response to Great idea 2003-12-03 02:16:51

Ok, i read the new pages, and im back up to speed.

Response to Great idea 2003-12-03 02:30:12

wb rombie :)

Response to Great idea 2003-12-03 13:57:42

hey rombie

I wanna get goin on just making some levels now. i have realised this aint gonna be goin any where fast unless we get down to some serious work.

I need some images, basically mario characters, u know all the enemies (main characters, mushrooms, turtles, items etc (not coins) everything) i've had a go at drwing them but i cant do a very good job so i would greatly appreciate it if some one would do them for me, all in 45 degrees.

Thanx upfront

[LN]

Response to Great idea 2003-12-03 14:04:16

hey waste, and limp. awsome sig, my best freind draws shit like those worms always fighting and shooting and stuff....

yea.....

ill make some objects for the mario level today. ill start right now and ill have somthing to post in a couple hours, depends on how much i work and shit.

Response to Great idea 2003-12-03 17:09:10

(psst: dont call them levels otherwise the waste may go off his rocker, now u dont want that do u) i thought areas was a good word to call them.

Yah cheers could u post 'em and send the flas via e-mail or summink to me cheers.

night night xxx (aww init cute)

Response to Great idea 2003-12-03 20:54:34

LEVELS?! RRRWAAAAAGHHH!!! YOU DONT WANNA SEE ME WHEN IM ANGRY!! *clothes rip, i turn green, then somehow change into a pale scrawny british man sipping a cup of coffee*... damn! that never works!

hehe.

anyways, we arnt ready to clone levels yet. we basicly need the coding for the entire game before we do this. we need...

- The entire inventory system, with EVERY SINGLE item added. i mean, what would happen if you went to a scene without a certain item in your inventory

- Physics for the entire game, including any land obsticles, (such as making long grass) and we still need code to compare the y position of the player to see whether the player is over or under it.

- A way of easily changing which screen the player walks off and goes to

- A working diolouge system, even if its just a popup that displays what the person says to you without being able to choose what you say or talk back.

- A popup for encounters (such as picking up items found in the wilderness, or going into combat, or for events)

- A trigger to make the game pause for cutscenes. All we need for this one is a killswitch that stops all the events so we can make stuff move. alterntivaly we could make intro scenes for every event that happens in the game, which i fink people would find more fun to make)

- Random enemy encounter events, which means we need every monster in the game programmed and ready to change so all we have to do when we want to make a forced combat event is enter a couple of variables and goto the combat screen. we have to have the same combat screen each time otherwise the game will be huge. of course the battles will be fully customizeable.

- All the attributes available to the player via the menu

- A menu that pauses the game.

Once we have all this we can all go nuts cloning levels and the game will be together helluva quick! this is the hardest part of the games production, and we need scripters
WE NEED SCRIPTERS
WE NEED YOU!
ENLIST IN THE NGRPG TODAY!

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-12-04 00:00:39

I made some Bitchin lego people with my friend.
Just an example, Ill make more.

Tell me what you think.

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-12-04 00:13:30

those are pretty good. but we are more in need of sprites at the moment...

Response to Great idea 2003-12-04 00:36:52

At 12/4/03 12:13 AM, thewasteofwebspace wrote: those are pretty good. but we are more in need of sprites at the moment...

You mean like putting it into the template? (attacking, standing, blocking, running, etc.)

Well, I'll do that tomorrow.

In the mean tim enjoy.

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-12-04 01:09:59

well yeah. talk to the guy in charge of the battle system (who i believe also made the battle sprite template) before you go rushing off

Response to Great idea 2003-12-04 10:11:26

Another zombie dude... Heh heh!

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-12-04 11:45:22

- The entire inventory system, with EVERY SINGLE item added. i mean, what would happen if you went to a scene without a certain item in your inventory

If your bored any one, MAKE ITEMS and to s certain height and width and style (not to sure just yet what we'll do for this)

- Physics for the entire game, including any land obsticles, (such as making long grass) and we still need code to compare the y position of the player to see whether the player is over or under it.

i'm taking physics A--level so id find his easy

- A way of easily changing which screen the player walks off and goes to

Does any one in this world know how to do this?

- A working diolouge system, even if its just a popup that displays what the person says to you without being able to choose what you say or talk back.

I say do the simle one, thinking of file size people, anyway in RPG's you get told stuff very little amount of RPGs allow you to talk back

- A popup for encounters (such as picking up items found in the wilderness, or going into combat, or for events)

hmmm sort like the dialoge i think, which would make it easier

- A trigger to make the game pause for cutscenes. All we need for this one is a killswitch that stops all the events so we can make stuff move. alterntivaly we could make intro scenes for every event that happens in the game, which i fink people would find more fun to make)

I'm gonna leave that to hard core scripters, i'm currently doing a favour for eviLudy so i could get him to do us a favour if u want

- All the attributes available to the player via the menu

???

- A menu that pauses the game.

cant be hard

[LN]

Response to Great idea 2003-12-04 13:16:51

At 12/3/03 12:42 AM, MrRombie wrote: Sorry i havent been on for awhile, i had this horrible ass flu, and i was in bed for 3 days, and im just getting over it.

snap, me too, loads of people have whatever i have aswell, so i dont feel left out.

anyway. just posting to say i'm not dead... yet, and i would read through all that i missed but most of it seems to be limp and mexxa flaming someone, and az3r showing off more of his handywork.

Response to Great idea 2003-12-04 18:29:26

hmmm...fings are running a bit slow.

as for the items, which im sure anyone would lurve to do, make them any size as long as they are drawn within a square (not a rectangle) so we can scale them down later -- so they can take up the whole screen if you like.

and I forward to work on my previous popup engine -- the way it was designed could make shops, diolouges, monster attacks, people talking, or events, merely by changing the variables before it pops up. id prob need scripters to make this screen pause the game tho.

we also need finalization on what attributes are going to be in the game and what calculations they use.. (ie: inflicted_damage = strength + weapon_damage + (luck / 5) + (speed / 5)) In this case, the strength and the weapon damage are the main factors to cause damage, with a bonus for luck and speed.

we need people talking now more than ever!

Response to Great idea 2003-12-05 00:48:00

on a lighter note, here is the sprites we have so far. WE NEED MORE!

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-12-05 01:01:46

Hmmmm... I really like the idea of something like this, im a very basic scripter i can do stuff like basic cars, hitests etc, etc. I think im pretty good. LOL. Naa... anyways im 13 and it would be awesome if we had a large group of people, but we would have to keep updating eachother via e-mail, sending in movieclips and that type of stuff... but if we had different people working on different scenes and that, all the scenes would be different, so i think there should be one person looking after the animation of the main char, one doin an animation for a baddie, and more people making baddies, one script designer, backround pruducer, maybe voice actors, sound supplyers...

M m eeeee h h
mm mm e h hhhh
m m m eeeee h h
m m m eeeee h h
m
m
m

Response to Great idea 2003-12-05 01:02:43

I found the enemy template but can someone send me a link to the sprite template?

heres M-bot again (sorry, im bored)

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-12-05 01:10:08

At 12/5/03 01:01 AM, Tha_Biddle wrote:

:but if we had different people working on different scenes and that, all the scenes would be different, so i think there should be one person looking after the animation of the main char, one doin an animation for a baddie, and more people making baddies, one script designer, backround pruducer, maybe voice actors, sound supplyers...

We are 35 pages into this and you honetly don't think we have already arranged all of this?

Read the pages before posting a comment like this,

Grr...

Response to Great idea 2003-12-05 04:49:00

Prejustice, ahoy!!

Response to Great idea 2003-12-05 05:01:09

NEE

I'm working on a sprite lego man and the clocks if some one would like to do clocks with me seein as there are sooooooo many, i'll do the obvious ones and someone could do the others unless my drawings are cack and yours are better than mine.

Peace and Love

Oh and JUSTIN WAAAAAAOOOOO is at Earls Court tonite yay!

[LN]

Response to Great idea 2003-12-05 14:03:55

Wow, there actually IS another BBS which is much better than this one, because ppl can't look in it! So plz use it...

Response to Great idea 2003-12-05 16:41:58

Hi all!

Its been a while. Well, let me say, i simply dont know what to post, so until someone will need my help, i think ill just help with the ideas for the game.

Response to Great idea 2003-12-05 19:01:30

Heres an animation i worked on for a little bit. It's supposed to be him raising his staff and attacking.

Tell me what you think, criticism and comments

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-12-05 20:14:58

rage, the pic is good but the animation is cheesy. just because its lego doesnt mean u cant jazz it up a bit... :P

Response to Great idea 2003-12-06 08:26:15

if you're going to do enemies, use the template that i lovingly crafted a while ago:
http://jafitman.h0ed.net/rpg.html

but the animation could be better

Response to Great idea 2003-12-06 09:30:54

Just sayin hi.alot of posts are taking off in my foum get on there and start putting your views forward. Alot of things are getting decided in there.

1 thing waste can u get on with the dialoge, do it that popup way so we can use it then we are another step forward.

[LN]