00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RozenShadow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Great idea

42,999 Views | 1,083 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 21:12:35

I was just looking at the concept flash. You should make 'DarkTween' the land of OutWar!! The ruler can be the anti-christ himself. The terror...

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 21:17:53

At 11/15/03 09:12 PM, DaveS2357 wrote: I was just looking at the concept flash. You should make 'DarkTween' the land of OutWar!! The ruler can be the anti-christ himself. The terror...

Ok I'm not even gonna touch that one!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 22:06:29

Ta - DAAAM!
I finished the weapons. Youll notice there;a weird looking weapon next to the hand axe, thats supposed to be nun-chucku but i cant draw the chain.

Anyways, tell me what you think. I'll be sure to add more weapons at your request. Im now working on health items. so ill post in a few.

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 22:16:11

Heres my shitty ass version of the store.

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/gproject/store.swf

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 22:33:27

im a decent drawer in anime w/ flash. i could help w/ that but somebody gotta teach me how ta make them move. and i could help with the maps and land and stuff. leave one if you want some art help, AIM -- Guess7274

i made a cool logo.... but all ya probaly think it sucks

Great idea

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

BBS Signature

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 22:54:45

Hello folks I got a dilema. I'm tryin to do backgrounds but I don't know what the stages r and what you expect they should be like. If someone could please take some time off of their busy schedual (how ever you spell that damn word) and fill me in... it would clear up much confusion.

P.S. It has come to my attention that we will be having a clamation level and I was just wondering if it was going to have clamation backgrounds... if so I can't make the B/G's to that level. Otherwise I'm good.

P.P.S. Also I was wondering how many back grounds we need for each level. Didn't you say 5 somewhere Rombie?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 23:01:00

Heres all the health related stuff.

I put a pic of a blank bag with random symbols that you could use to denote what it does. (Health, MP, ATK, STR, etc.)

Most of the health stuff goes in 3's. On the top you have Medkit, Medkit plus, and finally Super Medkit.

OK Im gonna go work on armors. Cya

Tell me what you think.

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 23:17:29

There i am finally of banned! Again if you want more madness just e-mail me! O and check out a movie ac==called Wraith by a friend of mine and tell me what you think of the anime!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 23:18:48

At 11/15/03 11:01 PM, Ragingflame99 wrote: Tell me what you think.

Looking good man, keep up the good work.
send the .fla to me once your done, im going to post those pictures on the site, if its ok with you?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 23:26:40

we dont know -- we dont know the movement engine yet.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-15 23:49:09

Yo Rombie... am I on the site yet? I can't check right now cause I'm busy so I just wanted to know.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 00:09:58

At 11/15/03 10:06 PM, Ragingflame99 wrote: Ta - DAAAM!
I finished the weapons. Youll notice there;a weird looking weapon next to the hand axe, thats supposed to be nun-chucku but i cant draw the chain.

Those are really cool. But, I was kinda hoping we could stay away from all those crazy swords and stuff. Just keep it too kinda more realistic stuff like machetes, kitchen knives, corwbars, i like that plank w/ a nail in it, etc... But those are nice drawings.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 00:10:47

Heres the kick ass armor!

I love the one on the far left.

Tell me what ya think.

Things left to do:
1)SHields
2) Guantlets
3)Boots
4) Helmets????

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 00:15:51

whats up all.
my computer crashed again before i posted this huge message. i cant be funked typing it again so ill make it breif.

My shop engine / speech system is faulty. and unless someone can tell me why, im going to scrap my script and start from nothing, because i know alot more about AS then when I started, and could probably make it alot cleaner and more efficient.

The problem is, I cant make multiple shopkeepers. When I make one, it works perfectly, but if i make 2, or 3, or whatever, only one of them will work. Here is the code for a shopkeeper/person to talk to:

on (keyPress "<Enter>") {
if (_root.newspeech._visible == false) {
if (_root.theguy._x == this._x && _root.theguy._y == this._y+40 && _root.direction == 2 || _root.theguy._x == this._x+40 && _root.theguy._y == this._y && _root.direction == 3 || _root.theguy._x == this._x && _root.theguy._y == this._y-40 && _root.direction == 4 || _root.theguy._x == this._x-40 && _root.theguy._y == this._y && _root.direction == 1) {
// This code compares the Shopkeeper and the Players position and direction to check if he is next to him and facing him
_root.newspeech._visible = true;
_root.newspeech.face = 2;
_root.newspeech.speech = "Hello my freind. You look a little lost... can I help you with something?";
_root.newspeech.name = "Bob";
}
}
}

Aside from that, I have school exams for the next week, and will be pretty hard out studying. after that, i have 7 weeks of holidays, and any time im not hung over, i will try and work on the game.

So in short:
- If someone doesnt know why my script doesnt work when applied to multiple MC's, I will start from absolutly nothing. (Unless someone wants to make the engine themselves and i will turn to graphics or something -- or you can just straight out remove me from the project)
- I wont be seen much for the next week, but after that i will have more free time than Kenny Logins record producer.

Ill be here for a while if anyone has anything to say

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 00:27:51

At 11/15/03 11:18 PM, MrRombie wrote:
At 11/15/03 11:01 PM, Ragingflame99 wrote: Tell me what you think.
Looking good man, keep up the good work.

ok

send the .fla to me once your done, im going to post those pictures on the site, if its ok with you?

Done, and yeah sure just gimme credit.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 01:08:05

This is just a thought i had earlier... and I know that we won't need voices for a long while... but who is willing and able to do some voices? I would gladly do some... but my microphone is quite broken. Maybe ill get a nice new one in time to do some voices...

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 01:57:55

Here are the shields.
Not that great.
Things to do:
1) Gloves and boots
2) Helmets (< i cant do!)

tell me what ya think

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 02:04:35

At 11/16/03 01:57 AM, Ragingflame99 wrote: Here are the shields.
Not that great.

pretty kool I think!

Things to do:
1) Gloves and boots
2) Helmets (< i cant do!)

Helmets are easy... all you have to do is make half of a helmet that would look kool copy it then flip it horizontaly.unless you just can't make the right shape for the head...

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 02:22:07

It's all about symetry... Make half the helmet, copy it, flip it, connect it, color it, shade it, save it... lol but check this one out anyway!

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 02:44:17

enjoy

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 02:46:00

here's another one like a trojan's with the same procedjure.

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 04:24:21

Ragingflame please send me all your artwork! (including badasstoad) I need it for my shop system!

And, maybe today, maybe later i will update my shop system, so it wont go into negatives, and i will put a background in!

phpgud@hotmail.com

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 04:26:26

well I'd normaly love to stay up all night and post stuff but I've gotta go to sleep because tomorrow's my sister's Birthday Party! oh Yea she turned 17 on thursday so we're celebratin well I guess it's today since it's like almost 4:30 lol peace out and good night!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 04:29:41

I am not bad at making music, you might notice that some of my earlier audio submits arent as good as the later ones, comes to show it, you learn from experience :x
heres a trance loop i made

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 05:17:13

did i stutter?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 05:39:12

At 11/16/03 05:17 AM, thewasteofwebspace wrote: did i stutter?

No. While at the subject, check out my Clay fighter!

(copy the URL and paste it into your browser)

http://www14.brinkster.com/axelbeta2/Clay.swf

-Axl

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 07:04:31

Yep

that battle engine is great. (check out jafit mans one for multiple fighters on my sound site)

The yoshi shop was the kinda the best but if u linked it with the toad one(i.e. when he walks in the shop toad is there) then it would be heavy!

i'll put a .fla download page on my site so u can download the .fla files.

Er and KNOX liked the clay men i drew for when in movement mode, but i need to sort out the heads, here they are below.

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 07:13:48

id do it
i am crappy at actionscript
but i am fairly good at animating

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 07:18:32

axel, thats a sweet battle system, i LOVE the animations
limp, those are really good sprites. I could use them, can u send please?
(thewasteofwebspace@hotmail.com)
and here is my teaser shot of a soon-to-be-shop:
http://www.geocities.com/thewasteofwebspace/teaser.JPG
im goin to bed. wish me luck on my exams.
peace.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-16 08:23:54

Join my BBS now!

My new BBS is set up perfectly, with passwords, polls, and properly set up boards.

Use the link in my sig or click here.