00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

domvip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitar Hero Gang

93,426 Views | 1,593 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-24 14:17:28

so yea, i was driving home from a buddies house and i left my cd case for my games on the top of my car

turns out they dont make very good speed bumps

they were on the top and slid off when i was in heavy traffic...by the time i realized what had happened i retraced my steps but i found only the case and the torn up sleeves to my games on the side of the road with nothing but the sound of cars passing by and shards of plastic discs tumbling down the street like confetti

at least i got the 5* for cowboys and became a guitar god, i would have been really pissed if that shit didnt happen but at least i can take enjoyment in the fact that i get to go re-purchase ALL the other games i had . . . including such gems as guilty gear x2 , capcom vs snk 2 , dbz tenkaichi , both GH1 and GH2 , tekken 2 , twisted metal 2 , and several others that took me several years to collect

whatever, just thinking about this situation pisses me off, im unemployed so itll be a while before i can see my games again

the most important thing is that i still have my memory cards, it would have been a real kick in the nuts if i became guitar god and have no one believe me

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-24 23:58:07

I played the 360 version for the second time noww and lat time I didn't 5* the trooper and dead, now I Fced Dead and 5* the trooper and FCed Possum Kingdom Hush, Salvation, and Rockin Roll Hoochi Koochi Koo, Tournament fr Guitar Hero 2 Tomarrow, wish me luck!

GH1 5 stars: 47/47 Goal: 100% 20 Encore Songs [15/20]

GH2 5 stars: 64/64 Goal: Get GH3 The Day It Comes Out.

GH Encore: Rocks the 80's 5 stars: 30/30

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-25 00:49:27

At 8/24/07 11:58 PM, Adikar wrote: Tournament fr Guitar Hero 2 Tomarrow, wish me luck!

Sounds like it's going to be an awesome experience. Is it going to be judged purely on score or is it going by the WSVG rules where style counts towards an overall score? Take pictures and kick some ass.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-25 00:57:21

WOW YOU PEOPLE ARE OBSESSED WITH GUITAR HERO!!!! Here's another game you ppl's might like that was made by that same company (Harmonix) in 2003.
Amplitude

HENSHIN A GO-GO BABY!!!

Thanks to Hebacheba for the sig!

Read Hallways, my science-fiction epic that takes place, NOW!

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-25 07:52:32

At 8/25/07 01:51 AM, RageOfOrder wrote:
At 8/25/07 12:57 AM, Viewtiful-Chris wrote: WOW YOU PEOPLE ARE OBSESSED WITH GUITAR HERO!!!! Here's another game you ppl's might like that was made by that same company (Harmonix) in 2003.
Amplitude
Fuck you and die. Shitty tracks, no special controller :D

You use a regular controller? That's lame. I could just play some rhythm games here on NG for free instead.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-25 12:16:02

just to let you all know (if you already didn't know) pre-orders for the highly anticipated GH III are available at local gaming shops everywhere, so go down and make your order today

i got mine 4 days ago

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-26 15:29:14

At 8/25/07 01:51 AM, RageOfOrder wrote:
At 8/25/07 12:57 AM, Viewtiful-Chris wrote: WOW YOU PEOPLE ARE OBSESSED WITH GUITAR HERO!!!! Here's another game you ppl's might like that was made by that same company (Harmonix) in 2003.
Amplitude
Fuck you and die. Shitty tracks, no special controller :D

The tracks are NOT shitty! It has a Freezepop song that's really great. : ) AND WHO GIVES A FUCK IF YOU DON'T USE A SPECIAL CONTROLLER??? YOU PAY LESS AND CAN PLAY MULTIPLAYER WITH ANYONE WHO HAS A PS2! REGULAR CONTROLLERS=MORE CONVENIENT MULTIPLAYER.

HENSHIN A GO-GO BABY!!!

Thanks to Hebacheba for the sig!

Read Hallways, my science-fiction epic that takes place, NOW!

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-27 13:53:50

A question about whammying for star power in case anyone might know.

I was trying out the optimal star power guide for Parasite and I cannot for the life of me get enough star power from the second set of long holds (if anyone is familiar with the path it's the hold that gets you enough power for your third activation). I don't know if this is traditionally hard to get, but it's really bugging me. I tried various methods of gripping the strum bar while draping my fingers over the whammy bar, but every time I was the slightest bit away from earning enough star power.

Any tips that might get me that extra bit of SP?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-28 02:40:12

At 8/27/07 03:45 PM, RageOfOrder wrote: Wooo, another FC ;)

Congrats!

Hey I have a question that has sort of been bugging me for a while now.

Is there a point in using the whammy bar on regular long notes?

I used to think it gave me extra points but I'm pretty sure it doesn't now. I think that GH3 should implement something that gives the whammy more of a purpose in regular modes (I know it has uses in those special mini games you can play on it on GH3)

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-28 02:57:30

Oh snap, forgot to ask.

Do any of you know if there is a way to see what scores you need to 5 star a song. Like a list of the mode, the song and the score nessesary?

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-28 10:39:53

At 8/28/07 02:57 AM, Sterockicy wrote: Oh snap, forgot to ask.

Do any of you know if there is a way to see what scores you need to 5 star a song. Like a list of the mode, the song and the score nessesary?

I read a breakdown of how the game calculates your ranking once. It takes the total possible points you can get if you hit every note without a multiplier as base score. If you get twice that you earn four stars and three times the base score is a five star. Although I think in GHII and probably Encore the five star cutoff is closer to 2.8 times the base score.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-28 21:46:45

At 8/28/07 02:40 AM, Sterockicy wrote: Hey I have a question that has sort of been bugging me for a while now.

Is there a point in using the whammy bar on regular long notes?

I used to think it gave me extra points but I'm pretty sure it doesn't now. I think that GH3 should implement something that gives the whammy more of a purpose in regular modes (I know it has uses in those special mini games you can play on it on GH3)

Heh, I used to think the same thing. But, I realized that whammying does nothing. Only thing the whammy is good for, other than making cool sounds, is to rack up Star Power on SP phrases that have long notes.

As for pre-ordering GH3, Imma hold on that. While it does look great and all, I was thinking about other things first. Who knows, I might see what I do when it comes out.

NG Mafia, Pokemon Club, Userpage.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-29 13:24:44

A new FC plus it made the 79th place in the Score Hero rankings.

Guitar Hero Gang

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-29 23:01:59

At 8/29/07 07:22 PM, RageOfOrder wrote: Here's what I (and probably most people) do once I hit hard.

Slide your hand down so your index finger rests on red, and your pinky sits on orange. When you have to play a green note, move your index finger up (or slide your hand up if there's lots) instead of using your pinky for both blue and orange.

I'm all about hand movement. I tried the index finger on red thing, but I found moving my hand works better. I hardly use my pinky because it just doesn't respond as well as my other fingers. If I have to though, I occasionally use it.

It will take some time to get used to, but it will make you a lot better at the game.

And if that technique doesn't work, use practice mode (GH2; GH1 doesn't have one, so if that's what you're talking about, you're pretty screwed). It can be quite the helper.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-30 08:30:58

At 8/28/07 03:10 PM, RageOfOrder wrote: No, the whammy bar does nothing except bend the sound on regular notes :)

Yes, you can find a list of 5* cutoffs, I read a list some months ago, but I don't remember where. Scorehero would be the first place to check.

Sweet, that had the 5* cut offs. Now I can see what I need. 30 out of 40 done on hard. I tired Monkey Wrench on expert and got within 1000 points of getting 5* and the song ended :'(

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-09-01 14:29:36

Late nights on practice mode, watching Guitar Hero vids on Youtube, and a case of Mountain Dew finally paid off. I managed to get my first FC on Parasite (I know, easy, but it's a start!). I screwed up the SP path, but it'll do for now.

(Proof; Enjoy)

Guitar Hero Gang

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-09-02 23:45:35

I went back to a few easier songs and FC'd Laughtrack and Soy Bomb. Not much of an achievement, but they really frustrated me back when I had a little less practice. I put the on the back burner and completely forgot that they were easy FCs. I also made some headway towards FCing Message in a Bottle. I got the crazy ending solo down pat in practice mode. I was a little too tired to pull it off in-song tonight, but I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-09-03 17:44:24

At 9/3/07 05:03 PM, TECh2o wrote: Man...I still don't have any FC's. I'll keep trying, maybe go for Parasite or Red Lottery.

Best go for Parasite. Red Lottery is a tad boring. I fell asleep playing that song and still managed a 5 star. That's how bad it is.

(In honest opinion, Yes We Can is a better song than Red Lottery)

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-09-04 00:01:59

I pulled off the FC for Message in a Bottle today. Sorry for the shit picture, but I only had my webcam to take the photo with. I think all the pertinant information is visible. In lesser news, I also snagged FCs on Laughtrack and Soy Bomb. Next up on my plate is Collide or Strutter.

Guitar Hero Gang

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-09-04 00:17:48

can i join too? I just beat GH2 on Expert and I 5*ed Jordon (beat the first game)

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-09-04 00:22:47

At 9/1/07 02:29 PM, StevensA wrote: Late nights on practice mode, watching Guitar Hero vids on Youtube, and a case of Mountain Dew finally paid off. I managed to get my first FC on Parasite (I know, easy, but it's a start!). I screwed up the SP path, but it'll do for now.

(Proof; Enjoy)

:Cool I just got 100% on Six. My God, my hands hurt so damn badly

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-09-05 13:36:39

I've been working on FCs for Strutter, Collide and Elephant Bones.

Strutter is really annoying me. I can nail solos one and two individually, but I can never seem to get them in the same run. I'll start doning really poorly on a certain part of one solo and by the time I fix it I start screwing up another and I have to concentrate on fixing that part again.

I'm the king of stupid mistakes on Collide. I've lost count of how many -1 runs I've had on it.

I don't know if Elephant Bones is just deceptively challenging, but I make way too many mistaks on it. I don't think I should be having trouble with it, but I just can't manage a perfect run.

Oh well.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-09-05 13:41:46

LOL@ironicNGads

Guitar Hero Gang

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-09-05 15:50:35

I just 5*'d Misirlou. That leaves Pschobilly Freakout as my lone impedement on the path to the log.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-09-05 20:16:00

At 9/5/07 03:50 PM, Jercurpac wrote: I just 5*'d Misirlou. That leaves Pschobilly Freakout as my lone impedement on the path to the log.

Well, I got a long way to go if I ever want the Log. But, on Hard (still on it :( ), I've still got Carry Me Home (3,000 points short, which sucks), and Institutionalized. I now hate that song. I mean, it's a good song, but it's just so damn difficult (especially on Expert).

Good luck on Psychobilly Freakout. It's about 160k for a Five Star...

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-09-11 19:08:08

No luck on the Psychobilly Freakout front yet, so I decided to take a stab at some 80's song. I pulled off an FC on What I Like About You. Unfortunately I have no picture as proof of my exploits.

So instead I offer this video of the FC.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-09-12 01:54:53

Hm, interesting. Anyways, I FINALLY beat Cowboys From Hell on GH1. Took about five tries, but I finally got it. Granted, my score sucks (70k-ish), but it's those broken HO/PO's and that damn chorus riff. But, I finally beat it and got the Battle Axe for that game. Now I just need to beat Jordan and all in the world will be right...

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-09-12 13:38:37

awesome(not joining by the way, i just love the game) im on expert right now, and its so FUCKING hard, im gonna kill myself after i complete freebird and all the songs 5 stars(by drowning myself in celebration alchahol)

i'm an asshole

this is my asshole page

thats my asshole signature down there

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-09-12 15:01:42

i wanna join

reading sigs is so dumb...............................

......STOP READING

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-09-14 02:35:51

I'm taking a little break from playing Guitar Hero songs to make one. There are some really brilliant people over at the Score hero forums. One of them actually took the time to create a program that streamlines the process of creating your own note chart. Pretty much anyone can make a custom song with this if they take a half hour to read the tutorials provided. It will still take a while to polish off a song, but it's cool that people who aren't gifted in music or technology can do it. Getting the song in the game takes a little more work, but the site has the details on that too.

Check it out if it sounds cool to you.

BBS Signature