00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

60d just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitar Hero Gang

93,240 Views | 1,593 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-03 06:00:41

At 8/2/07 11:52 PM, Jercurpac wrote: Also, new songs announced. As always, "as made famous by" indicates a cover.

BUT WAIT THERES MORE.
I just beat the custom version that looks easier than this.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-03 09:37:48

i beat medium mode but i cant play on hard yet. that 5th key keeps screwing me up. any tips?

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-03 11:29:59

I just snagged The Log in Encore. Many exultations of fuck, fuck yeah, and fucking yes ensued

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-03 15:58:06

What's really cool is, I live only a few hours away from two of the best Guitar Hero players in the world.

SArmstr0ng. The man who makes hit videos of his Guitar Hero playing (he's not really the best per se, but he's damn funny).
http://www.youtube.com/user/SArmstr0ng

As well as popemobile, he's an actual Guitar God.
Look at his scores on the first game. An FC 100% on Texas Flood Expert. That song is impossible with the broken Hammer Ons and Pull Offs.

I wish to meet these people... so they can kick my ass at Guitar Hero.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-04 14:44:39

At 8/2/07 11:52 PM, Jercurpac wrote: Also, new songs announced. As always, "as made famous by" indicates a cover.

Miss Murder (by AFI) ~ Kind of a "meh" song for me. I'm no fan of AFI but it could be fun.

I'm not the biggest fan, but sounds like a good song to play.

3's and 7's (by Queens of the Stone Age) ~ Sounds like it'll be fun. Plus it sports a nice sized solo.

Not a bad choice. Although, they should've gone with "Sick, Sick, Sick" in my own opinion...

Raining Blood (by Slayer) ~ A nice varied song. I'll look forward to it.

FUCK YES!!!

Reptillia (by The Strokes) ~ It will be one of the earlier songs, but it should be fun.

Never heard of it.

Paranoid (as made famous by Black Sabbath) Can't go wrong with Sabbath.

Hah...nice.

Cities on Flame (as made famous by Blue Oyster Cult) ~ :) Nice to see them go with an early BOC song.

Good choice. Like that song, and the band.

Mississippi Queen (as made famous by Mountain) ~ We were all happy to see it go into Rock Band and I don't think anyone's opinions have changed.

Never heard of it...but I guess when it comes out I'll try it.

AAAAAAAANNNND

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Wait...

Wait....

One by Metallica ~ I think my opinion is obvious here.

Good, but could they not get freaking MASTER OF PUPPETS?...just wondering.

My breath is still held for the Zeppelin and AC/DC announcements from Neversoft.

As much as I want songs from those bands in the game, I doubt it'll happen. But, you never know...

NG Mafia, Pokemon Club, Userpage.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-04 14:52:35

Hey,can i join?i freakin love gutiar hero!i don't own it sadly,but it has inspired me to want to start a band.....

In my middle school..........

(Awkward Slilence)

GO GUITAR HERO 3!!!

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-05 10:21:56

93% on Play With Me on expert. 260k :D

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-06 22:46:54

Raining Blood confirmed for GH3

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-06 23:55:02

At 8/6/07 10:46 PM, coolbian57 wrote: Raining Blood confirmed for GH3

Officially makes it the best game ever.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-07 04:15:15

So close yet so farrrr

Guitar Hero Gang

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-07 10:46:28

My 360 just updated today with a feature so that it'll be able to use the Wireless Guitars coming out in October.

YAAAAAY!

Also, I reserved the game if I didn't say I did.

There's... a personal reason why I stick with Guitar Hero. I won't say what it is. But it's very strong.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-07 16:54:38

Awww crap!!

Once I got home after a month I come to find out that my little brother and sister broke my Guitar Hero 2 game. I then decided that I was going to go to the mall to pre-order Guitar Hero 3, which comes out October 29th, and buy either Guitar Hero or Encore: Rock the 80's.

I asked the clerk which should I buy and they both said 1 since the songs are better and it cost less. Now I just can't wait for 3 to come out so I can unlock the Dragonforce song and fail it. On a side note I own an actual guitar but I have yet to buy strings. Hopefully sometime next week I will have them.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-07 19:19:52

I'll be getting both Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-07 21:31:36

Well, I thought about it very carefully and decided to stick with the Guitar Hero franchise, despite the fact it's changed developers. I saw Rock Band, but I'm too sure about the whole thing. I mean, it looks good, but to buy new controllers and stuff? A bit pricy, if I say so myself.

Maybe if I saw some more trailers in the next few months, I might change my mind. But, until then, I'll be sticking with the Guitar Hero franchise.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-08 16:27:13

Cowboys From Hell is so difficult to four star. It is only because of the difficult way the Hammer-ons and Pull-offs are.

I actually enjoyed the Freezepop song Get Ready 2 Rokk. I especially love the solo.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-08 19:58:46

At 8/8/07 04:27 PM, Some-Stupid-Idiot wrote: Cowboys From Hell is so difficult to four star. It is only because of the difficult way the Hammer-ons and Pull-offs are.

No kidding. I hear you on that. The first games Hammer-ons and Pull-offs sucked so bad, it isn't funny. I still haven't beat it because I rely heavily on HO-PO and the GH1 system sucks with that.

Maybe one, I might beat it...we can all dream.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-08 20:13:40

At 8/8/07 08:05 PM, TECh2o wrote: Lol, yeah I was just playing GH1 today. I finally beat Bark At The Moon, but didn't do so good. The old Hammer-on's and Pull-off's really piss me off.

Bark at the Moon wasn't too difficult for me. I was able to beat it on my second try and now I have 4 stars on it. When I first got it I was expecting it to be like GH2 with the money. I beat it on normal then went to hard and discovered that I was wrong. So I went to expert and beat the first 5 sections then I went to sleep. The next day I beat the last section along with everyother song.

The only normal songs I have left to 5 star is the Queens of the Stoneage song, Texas Flood, Frankenstein, Cowboys from Hell, and Bark at the Moon. Cowboys from Hell are my only 3 star.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-08 21:12:51

I beat "Thunderhorse" on expert today. I am very happy.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-08 21:30:06

At 8/8/07 09:12 PM, Twone wrote: I beat "Thunderhorse" on expert today. I am very happy.

I beat that and everything before Freebird, besides Six and Jordan. I beat six but I still couldn't beat Jordan. Thunderhorse is pretty difficult though. I can't wait till October 29th.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-08 22:41:43

At 8/8/07 09:30 PM, Some-Stupid-Idiot wrote: I beat six but I still couldn't beat Jordan. Thunderhorse is pretty difficult though.

Jordan on guitar hero is harder than playing it on a real guitar. I got like, 75% on Thunderhorse. At least I beat it.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-08 22:47:10

At 8/8/07 10:41 PM, Twone wrote: Jordan on guitar hero is harder than playing it on a real guitar. I got like, 75% on Thunderhorse. At least I beat it.

I'm also happy because it's like, my favorite song and I have it down. On a videogame.

Damn, I need a life.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-09 01:58:18

At 8/9/07 01:56 AM, TECh2o wrote: Yeah!!! Dethklok is a really great band. I need to get that when it comes out!!!!

It would be awesome if they put something like Mermaider or some other song on 3.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-09 11:22:09

Yay my third FC

Guitar Hero Gang

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-09 11:25:36

At 8/9/07 11:22 AM, EtchASketchClock wrote: Yay my third FC

My only Expert FC was on I Lovr Rock N' Roll.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-09 11:49:50

I have two songs left on 80's that I have to five star to get the log guitar.I got five stars all the way down the list until Caught in a Mosh so that and Play with Me are those songs. Also, I have a goal to beat Jordan before GH3 comes out.

I hate you. Get over it

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-09 13:49:53

At 8/9/07 01:27 PM, RageOfOrder wrote:
At 8/9/07 11:49 AM, NarutoFanatic wrote: Also, I have a goal to beat Jordan before GH3 comes out.
Yup. That's the one song I cannot beat on expert, and that's my goal too. :)

After I finish getting the Log of course. I figure if I can get that, I can handle Jordan.

Is guitar hero 3 gonna be for the ps2?

</thread>

[-*EducateYourself*-] [-*Listen*-] [-*Obey*-]

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-09 13:58:45

Quick question... I've played guitar hero 2 a lot recently and I want to buy it. I have a PS2, but not an XBox360. Is it worth it for me to spend $50-$70 dollars on a used controller+game (guitar hero 2, not 3) for the PS2, especially since it has less songs? Or should I wait until GH3 comes out. I really like the songs on GH2 tho. Can someone tell me which songs get left out in the PS2 version?

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-09 14:41:50

At 8/9/07 01:58 PM, gregaaron89 wrote: Quick question... I've played guitar hero 2 a lot recently and I want to buy it. I have a PS2, but not an XBox360. Is it worth it for me to spend $50-$70 dollars on a used controller+game (guitar hero 2, not 3) for the PS2, especially since it has less songs? Or should I wait until GH3 comes out. I really like the songs on GH2 tho. Can someone tell me which songs get left out in the PS2 version?

Depends, do you want a Red Gibson Sg or a Black Kramer Pacer. I would buy GH2 and 3. The question is though which guitar do you want.

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-10 00:36:17

Zelda Club :D

Sig done by Circle-Nine Studios

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar Hero Gang 2007-08-10 15:41:07

At 8/10/07 03:06 AM, RageOfOrder wrote: Damn!

Keep at it, once you master the intro or at least get lucky enough to get through it 100% it's a really easy FC. Also, excellent band name. Now here's a new FC. I reccomend the song for anyone who wants to snag a high place for a song on Score Hero.

Guitar Hero Gang

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature