00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PlusOneGhost just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

metal gear solid club

140,439 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-20 10:35:25

I was on MGS2 last night and what mainly happened was myself getting spotted by the enemies. Otocon said to Snake that they're not terrorists and there I am, getting caught all the time causing trouble. XD Oh well, hopefully, I'll get somewhere the next time I play on it.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-21 06:53:18

Heh, I did a lot on MGS2 last night. Getting caught by guards as usual, but I at least got to the speech part and took the photos, although I didn't know what to take for the close up of the marines, so I decided to fuck around and take pictures of mostly the soliders and I did take a photo of the sleeping soldier's ass and a door. XD Seriously pissed Otacon off and I enjoyed it.

I'm now playing as Raiden and met up with Plitskin, which I think is Snake. I now need to dispose the bombs.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-21 16:22:09

sorry for not posting for a long time...

At 7/21/05 06:53 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Heh, I did a lot on MGS2 last night. Getting caught by guards as usual, but I at least got to the speech part and took the photos, although I didn't know what to take for the close up of the marines, so I decided to fuck around and take pictures of mostly the soliders and I did take a photo of the sleeping soldier's ass and a door. XD Seriously pissed Otacon off and I enjoyed it.

you have to send him a picture of olga (wet) wen she is passed out on her back. XD
or try to take a picture of a soldier in his boxers...or the capitan of the marines.
i love messing around...

I'm now playing as Raiden and met up with Plitskin, which I think is Snake. I now need to dispose the bombs.

Pliskin?
oh, he... >_>
well, i just say that he is dumb that he actuly mixes evrything up so that only raiden does not know who he actuly is...that makes riden more of a fool. =P

anyway, got metal gear solid: the twin snakes, and finished it.
i still think the original is better, but it was alright.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-22 06:58:15

At 7/21/05 04:22 PM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: well, i just say that he is dumb that he actuly mixes evrything up so that only raiden does not know who he actuly is...that makes riden more of a fool. =P

Heh, I saw his mistake. Spraying that bomb. I did get to meeting up with Ames. Heh, I played on MGS2 far too much last night and I noticed the time was 4:30AM, so I had to stop.

anyway, got metal gear solid: the twin snakes, and finished it.

I'm not sure if I will get that game or not. It's a remake, but I've heard there's extra things on it. Maybe when I can't find anything else to play, I will get the Twin Snakes. I have the PS1 version and I feel I would abandon it forever if I got the GC version. :S

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-22 10:41:57

At 7/22/05 06:58 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
I'm not sure if I will get that game or not. It's a remake, but I've heard there's extra things on it. Maybe when I can't find anything else to play, I will get the Twin Snakes. I have the PS1 version and I feel I would abandon it forever if I got the GC version. :S

well, it HAS extras(dog tags), bit nothing like VR missions...in fact, it's not in the GC version.

and the GC version is trying to hard, like most of the movies in the game are longer for matrix style fighting, and that looks realy strange.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-23 05:26:21

Last night on MGS2, I saw Emma dying, but later after that, Colonel started to say very weird, random and funny things. One part he told me to switch the game off. I thought he was actually serious and it scared me. :S Other weird things he said were the one with the Metal Gear game, some quotes from MGS1 and "I'm at home right now. Please your message after the beep. BEEP." That one was funny.

And when I decide to keep contacting Colonel, it kept showing him in a different position, like his back and the side of him. Also, I think I did see a bit of what he looked like on MGS1. Under a second, it appears, then goes. So anyway, other than that weird Colonel thing, I'm against loads of Metal Gear Rays. :S

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-23 06:50:53

At 7/23/05 05:26 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Last night on MGS2, I saw Emma dying, but later after that, Colonel started to say very weird, random and funny things. One part he told me to switch the game off. I thought he was actually serious and it scared me. :S Other weird things he said were the one with the Metal Gear game, some quotes from MGS1 and "I'm at home right now. Please your message after the beep. BEEP." That one was funny.

did you hear it wen he starts to talk fast, with those japanese words? that's from MGS wen "the ninja" kills all those gards in the room before you find otacon.

and those words are from........japanese train stations. =/

speaking about the ninja, did you guys know that he was not in the original script?

And when I decide to keep contacting Colonel, it kept showing him in a different position, like his back and the side of him. Also, I think I did see a bit of what he looked like on MGS1. Under a second, it appears, then goes. So anyway, other than that weird Colonel thing, I'm against loads of Metal Gear Rays. :S

if you are playing on extreme(or european-extreme) ,good luck. =P

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-23 07:06:06

I just finished KOTOR 2 and im bored. That means it's time to start metal gear all over again. Gotta go hook up the gamecube and pull MGS: Twin Snakes out of teh old game closet.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-24 07:30:56

I've completed the game, but I'm going to try again on Normal mode. Got to disposing some bombs. Also, I've tried some of the VR Missions. The low level ones I'm stuck on. I'll try and complete more VR missions tonight and go through the game again.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-28 05:01:23

I would join but nah...

Maybe when i've finished my current flash, about how 95% of todays gamers are twats who just want in on the "fad"

P.S I rock at MGS2, i clocked everything in it, i've got the HF blade, and the stealth suit, and clocked it on European Extreme.. and i'm only 12 yrs old :P.. took me 2 YEARS to finish it on European Extreme.

Oh and a tip for the person fighting the "rays" shoot em in the knees, then in the face, they get P**sed off and whine really loudly and it does like double damage, on very easy mode, that lil tactic kills em :)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-28 05:14:17

OMG can i please join your mgs club please mgs is my fav game series and i love to draw meatal gear stuff please!!.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-28 06:50:35

At 7/28/05 05:01 AM, Cubekid4000 wrote: Oh and a tip for the person fighting the "rays" shoot em in the knees, then in the face, they get P**sed off and whine really loudly and it does like double damage, on very easy mode, that lil tactic kills em :)

Managed to kill them on normal mode, so I havn't got much problem with the Rays now. Solidus I find a bit of a problem, but I've defeated him. I've completed the game twice and now on my third time. Playing on very easy, but I will play on hard mode after it, unless I get bored with MGS2. What I'm mainly doing is trying to get all the dog tags. Unfortunately, some guards saying "Are you going to shoot me?" or slowly put their hands up, I can't get dog tags from them. :|

At 7/28/05 05:14 AM, FlamingScorpion wrote: OMG can i please join your mgs club please mgs is my fav game series and i love to draw meatal gear stuff please!!.

Uh, welcome.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-28 07:03:05

Hey can I join?
I also have a qustion.
How do you beat THE FEAR by puting him to sleep?
I try the tranc...
But he keeps awake nomatter what.
Have any hints?

I'm the man with the plan, the man who will ban, and the man who will kick your can.

Don't turn around.... because I'm right there!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-28 16:10:36

can I join too?
In reponce the the other guys question about the fear:Use EZ gun and thermal goggals, keep him in site and shoot him when he's still

Sig orignaly made by Newgrounds sig makers, updated by Tahmatassu

I have no idea what I'm doing here, and why are you reading this?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-28 17:01:23

At 7/28/05 06:50 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Managed to kill them on normal mode, so I havn't got much problem with the Rays now. Solidus I find a bit of a problem, but I've defeated him. I've completed the game twice and now on my third time. Playing on very easy, but I will play on hard mode after it, unless I get bored with MGS2. What I'm mainly doing is trying to get all the dog tags. Unfortunately, some guards saying "Are you going to shoot me?" or slowly put their hands up, I can't get dog tags from them. :|

On Extreme you have to fight like 30 Rays. And after 2 hits ya dead. And theres only 2 rations. Its very difficult. However Soldidus is a piece of piss. I beat him first attempt on Extreme. And I suck.

But I have a good tactic and if you struggle at any part I'll help ya.

Also for the guards that refuse to give you tags, you have to do this:

Get your USP/Socum (or any machine gun, but thats really not advisable). And either shoot them; in their arm, or leg. Or anywhere. Just as long as they don't die (I.e. no groin, head or heart). If you like to be mercyful you can just shot into random air (I.e. between their head and arms - so you miss them). Then they will know you're serious and say 'Please don't hurt me.' They'll do their little dance, then you can torture them for being insolent! I torture them anyways :P.

I love MGS2, I got all the dogtags on it, every....last....one! :P

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-28 17:09:16

Cool ive compleated mgs1 onthe ps1.mgs2 ps2.mgs2 substance.mgs3.loved them all

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-29 05:35:30

At 7/28/05 07:03 AM, Light_Tim wrote: Hey can I join?
At 7/28/05 04:10 PM, x-wing_suprime wrote: can I join too?

Both of you are welcome to join! :D

At 7/28/05 05:01 PM, -Nev- wrote: On Extreme you have to fight like 30 Rays. And after 2 hits ya dead. And theres only 2 rations. Its very difficult. However Soldidus is a piece of piss. I beat him first attempt on Extreme. And I suck.

Heh, I defeated the rays on normal mode and I didn't find it very hard. I should try it on hard mode, but first, very easy mode, then Hard mode. If not, then easy or normal mode to get the remaining dog tags.

I love MGS2, I got all the dogtags on it, every....last....one! :P

MGS2 is very good, although the letdown of the game is the ending.

*****METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SPOILER*****

You have no fucking idea what happens to Colonel and you don't know what happens to Liquid either. I think the ending wasn't good, but if I want to know what happened next, I guess I should get MGS3.

*****END*****

However, MGS3: Subsistence is coming out sometime in 2006 (if not, 2007) for Europe. :( I either wait or get MGS3 very soon. I'll probably wait since there's other games I should try and get.

At 7/28/05 05:09 PM, FlamingScorpion wrote: Cool ive compleated mgs1 onthe ps1.mgs2 ps2.mgs2 substance.mgs3.loved them all

Ah yes, I've completed MGS1. Very good game, but too short. :( It could take only two hours to complete.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-29 07:15:45

At 7/28/05 07:03 AM, Light_Tim wrote:
How do you beat THE FEAR by puting him to sleep?
I try the tranc...
But he keeps awake nomatter what.
Have any hints?

-eat/capture evry animal in the area, so that he can't recover.
-drop rotten/poisen food.

look at him vomit! =P

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-29 08:00:20

I hate raiden why they put him in mgs2 i dont know he sucked and looked like a girl the president even grabed his crotch to see if he was a male.I can't wait for mgs4 but i hope raiden is'nt in it though and if he is i hope we dont have to play as him he was nothing compared to snake.Viva la mgs!

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-29 13:19:37

At 7/29/05 05:35 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Heh, I defeated the rays on normal mode and I didn't find it very hard. I should try it on hard mode, but first, very easy mode, then Hard mode. If not, then easy or normal mode to get the remaining dog tags.

On normal its easy. On Extreme (or Hard) its like experience gaming hell.

MGS2 is very good, although the letdown of the game is the ending.

Personally its my favourite. Although its nice to see someone not taking the piss outta Raiden.

*****METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SPOILER*****

You have no fucking idea what happens to Colonel and you don't know what happens to Liquid either. I think the ending wasn't good, but if I want to know what happened next, I guess I should get MGS3.

*****END*****

Sorry pal. MGS3 is set like 30 years before MGS, so you'll have to wait a bit longer. All though you must get MGS3. Its awesome.

Ah yes, I've completed MGS1. Very good game, but too short. :( It could take only two hours to complete.

They all are easy to complete. All very short. Unless you watch all the scenes and listen to all the codec calls, the gameplay is very short. But its sooooo good.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-29 16:21:18

At 7/29/05 08:00 AM, FlamingScorpion wrote: I hate raiden why they put him in mgs2 i dont know he sucked and looked like a girl the president even grabed his crotch to see if he was a male.

hideo kojima made raiden to show another side of snake, how people look up to him, wile he is nothing like people think he is. that's why raiden falls for the pliskin costume that snake made.
and that of the president, the president was thinking that he was olga, becuse they kinda look alike, and that she was in ninja gear to kill him.(she actuly had the job to kill him form the start).

I can't wait for mgs4 but i hope raiden is'nt in it though and if he is i hope we dont have to play as him he was nothing compared to snake.Viva la mgs!

if MGS4 is after MGS2, then you are fucked.
i'm sure they will put him in.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-29 19:56:26

There really isnt anything wrong with raiden . He's just not...umm.....solid. If i had to play with him again i wouldnt mind as long as its tactical espionage action. Anyway the next game is probably going to be about Solid Snake and Ocelot

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-30 04:49:23

At 7/29/05 08:00 AM, FlamingScorpion wrote: I hate raiden why they put him in mgs2 i dont know he sucked and looked like a girl the president even grabed his crotch to see if he was a male.I can't wait for mgs4 but i hope raiden is'nt in it though and if he is i hope we dont have to play as him he was nothing compared to snake.Viva la mgs!

I think Raiden was alright, although you don't play as Snake much in the game. :(

At 7/29/05 01:19 PM, -Nev- wrote: On normal its easy. On Extreme (or Hard) its like experience gaming hell.

That's something to look forward to.

Sorry pal. MGS3 is set like 30 years before MGS, so you'll have to wait a bit longer. All though you must get MGS3. Its awesome.

I'll still get MGS3. I have heard of it being in the past, but I wasn't too sure. I guess I'll be waiting for quite a long time for MGS4.

They all are easy to complete. All very short. Unless you watch all the scenes and listen to all the codec calls, the gameplay is very short. But its sooooo good.

True, I think there should be more gameplay on the MGS games. I think too much codec calls and scenes is quite long. So on MGS4, I hope to see more gameplay.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-30 05:19:49

(SPOILER IF YOU HAVE NOT PAYED MGS2)
Raiden did rock with a sword though that was fun to use in mgs2 and mgs2 substance when you get to use the sword in vr training.I did like the story about raiden it was a nice change to he is an interesting guy but i did prefur to use snake i wounder what is gonna be the story for mgs4 i mean rose is pregnant how is that gonna effect raiden in the game.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-30 07:58:34

Anywho who doesn't like Raiden is simple proving that they are shallow.

Snake and Raiden both handle the same. Neither are steady with a gun (whilst controlling). And personally Raiden is more useful, since his cartwheel is better than Snake's roll. I know Snake is the business, but really, its not like Raiden makes the game more difficult.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-30 17:36:33

I guess thats true his cartweel is more usefull i think i was just let down when i could no longer play as snake but his back story did leave me wanting to call rose more just to find out why he was the way he was with rose.He was very usefull with the sword he could deflect bullets that was always usefull.I did not mean it to be shallow im just a die hard snake fan i guess but im very curious abut the next mgs what path is raiden's story gonna take i cant wait for it to come out.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-30 19:45:58

even if Raiden made the game harder that would just make more MGS people want to play it more so they can say "I can do anything snake can do with a skinny female looking dude"

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-31 07:17:41

At 7/30/05 07:58 AM, -Nev- wrote: Snake and Raiden both handle the same. Neither are steady with a gun (whilst controlling). And personally Raiden is more useful, since his cartwheel is better than Snake's roll. I know Snake is the business, but really, its not like Raiden makes the game more difficult.

True, I found Raiden's catwheel better than Snake's roll. Also, I found Raiden's punch attacks better.

Last night, I got from disposing the last bomb to the end of the game. :S Skipped most of the scenes. That's the third time I completed the game and now, I need more dog tags. Got a brown wig and I was expecting a bandana. I guess Raiden has the brown wig for infinite ammo instead of a bandana. :(

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-31 12:12:03

Sorry to double post, but...

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/714/714044.html

It says MGS4 is set after MGS2, so this game, I expect to find out what happened to the following things (WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW):
Colonel
Liquid
Arsenal Gear
The Patriots

Those are the things I want to know what happened after MGS2.

Oh, look at the images for MGS4. One of the images, there's a group of people and I think I see Meryl.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-31 16:28:07

I like that Kojima started a company. Plus it has the coolest logo. I've always loved the Foxhound logo. Anyway is that Raiden with a broken arm and sword?