00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

444rgh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

metal gear solid club

139,919 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-02 22:23:27

Metal Gear solid solid snake was awesome. i also like Metal Gear Solid, patriots or sumthin, i cant remember what the name was but it was the first one that came out for ps2.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-02 22:25:29

At 6/2/05 10:23 PM, Prince_of_Whales wrote: Metal Gear solid solid snake was awesome. i also like Metal Gear Solid, patriots or sumthin, i cant remember what the name was but it was the first one that came out for ps2.

That would be Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty, but yeah, it focused all around The Patriots, some of the coolest cats ever.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-02 22:28:18

At 6/2/05 10:23 PM, Prince_of_Whales wrote: Metal Gear solid solid snake was awesome. i also like Metal Gear Solid, patriots or sumthin, i cant remember what the name was but it was the first one that came out for ps2.

i'm not sure about the first MGS that you mentioned, but the second one is named MGS2: Sons of Liberty. there's also an "improved" version named MGS2: Substance. there are lots of unlockables in this version and you get to play as snake more.

about splinter cell, the stealth part was decent, but it was way too frustrating. plus, the story was terrible. i still like the game, but not as much as MGS. i'm going to buy the other two games. i hope they're good.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-02 22:53:31

The first one for the PS 1. it was the one with merrel or however her name is spelled. And its got the psycho kenisis guy and all that and ur in Siberia. Its pretty fun but MGS 2: SOns of Liberty is my favorite. It is freaky to play early in the morning. I was playing at about 3-4 am and i had almost beat the game and it wen tto that little screen in the upper left corner. That was freaky, especially when it started explaining the patriots and crap.....could it be true? that would be kool lol.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-02 23:23:40

Ive never played MGS before but reading your latest posts I think I like Splinter Cell better when it comes to stealth and action. Especially Pndora Tommorow.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-02 23:29:14

At 6/2/05 11:23 PM, Jarr wrote: Ive never played MGS before but reading your latest posts I think I like Splinter Cell better when it comes to stealth and action. Especially Pndora Tommorow.

i have to disagree with you there. i wasn't a big fan of the first game and the controls clearly weren't made for firefights. i haven't played pandora tommorow and chaos theory, so the controls might have improved, but i still think the MGS series are better suited for combat as well as stealth. just check out MGS3. the firefights are far better than anything you would ever see in splinter cell. the assault levels in SC sucked ass in my opinion, mainly because it's hard to aim when you're running.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-03 20:30:42

Storyline=MGS
Stealth=Splinter Cell
Characters=MGS

so the winner is MGS

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-03 20:40:32

At 6/3/05 08:30 PM, Liquidmaycry wrote: Storyline=MGS
Stealth=Splinter Cell
Characters=MGS

so the winner is MGS

i actually like everything in MGS than i do in Splinter Cell, but that's just a matter of tastes and preference. i only played the first SC, so i don't know if Pandora Tommorow and Chaos Theory gives MGS a run for its money. i always thought that the story in Splinter Cell sucked ass, and the characters aren't appealing at all. i didn't care for them at all. the first game was way too close to reality in every aspect to even be remotely fun. the stealth part was decent, but the difficulty of the game was getting on my nerves. in my opinion, MGS is a much better series.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-03 22:25:04

At 6/3/05 08:40 PM, twilight_venom wrote:
i actually like everything in MGS than i do in Splinter Cell, but that's just a matter of tastes and preference. i only played the first SC, so i don't know if Pandora Tommorow and Chaos Theory gives MGS a run for its money. i always thought that the story in Splinter Cell sucked ass, and the characters aren't appealing at all. i didn't care for them at all. the first game was way too close to reality in every aspect to even be remotely fun. the stealth part was decent, but the difficulty of the game was getting on my nerves. in my opinion, MGS is a much better series.

MGS is a good series. Splinter Cell has really good stealth action. Its kinda stupid that its really dark and no one EVER TURNS ON A LIGHT! The storyline of MGS is so much better. Pandora Tommorow has good stealth action but i perfer MGS. I mean what would you rather do on a lazy weekend. Hide in a box or hang upside down waitng for a hour for the guy to get close enough? I like MGS because it shows a lot of things you wish you can do. Solid Snake is one of the coolest guys out there. Sam Fisher is boring and not cool.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-04 12:00:19

snake definitely beats sam in every aspect. he has a lot more weapons, he's a total badass, he's a super powerful clone of the best warrior ever, he can defeat a tank that's like five thousand times his size, etc. i'm not saying that sam is a bad character, but he barely said anything in the first game. in the instruction manual, it said that sam is a spy with a dark sense of humor, but he didn't say anything that i found remotely funny.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-05 13:39:58

i guess i'll have to bump this thing, huh? let's hope some users want to join this club.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-07 15:23:27

At 1/26/03 10:40 AM, scarface15 wrote: for any one who like to play mgs 1 or 2

I like to play all of the Metal Gear Solid games. They are my favorites.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-07 19:12:59

At 6/7/05 03:23 PM, Jitrinh wrote:
At 1/26/03 10:40 AM, scarface15 wrote: for any one who like to play mgs 1 or 2
I like to play all of the Metal Gear Solid games. They are my favorites.

welcome to the club. i hope you'll stay active, because there aren't many members around. with the new mgs games coming out, there will probably be more members joining this club. i hope.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-08 17:55:51

I just got my MGS Kubrix.They are the coolest

metal gear solid club

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-08 20:31:39

At 6/8/05 05:55 PM, Liquidmaycry wrote: I just got my MGS Kubrix.They are the coolest

holy crap that's awesome. where did you get those? what is kubrix by the way? i never heard of it before.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-10 00:18:59

Sorry I haven't been around. Computer problems. Kept myself busy by playing and beating Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. :-o
*Waits for the members to shoot him for betrayal*

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-10 00:30:00

At 6/10/05 12:18 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Sorry I haven't been around. Computer problems. Kept myself busy by playing and beating Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. :-o

haha, i won't say that. both games are good in my opinion, i just like mgs a whole lot better. still, it looks like chaos theory could give snake eater a run for its money.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-10 01:44:20

At 6/8/05 08:31 PM, twilight_venom wrote:
At 6/8/05 05:55 PM, Liquidmaycry wrote: I just got my MGS Kubrix.They are the coolest
holy crap that's awesome. where did you get those? what is kubrix by the way? i never heard of it before.

Kubrix are like little lego people.I bought mine on Ebay

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-11 11:25:06

dude, i have to get my hands on those. are there any other MGS toys or figurines? i'd love to have a collection of those.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-11 16:44:09

Can I Join?
I love metal gear!!!

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-11 17:10:33

At 6/11/05 04:44 PM, MetalGearSuperFan wrote: Can I Join?
I love metal gear!!!

who doesn't? :P sure you can join. just remember to stay active.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-11 18:59:49

At 6/11/05 11:25 AM, twilight_venom wrote: dude, i have to get my hands on those. are there any other MGS toys or figurines? i'd love to have a collection of those.

http://newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=46689&page=30

About half-way down the page I posted links to MGS and MGS2 figures. I've seen MGS3 ones, I think, but it's been a while.

I'd love to have the MGS2 Raiden figure. :-)

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-11 19:40:35

holy crap those look awesome. i'd love to get the revolver ocelot (mgs2), solidus snake, meryl silverburgh and vulcan raven figures. those are the best of the bunch. i might be able to find them on ebay. in fact, i'll run a search right now.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-12 10:43:53

I have a Metal Gear Solid 1 "Solid Snake" figure. =)
I have a Metal Gear Fan Club too, www.freewebs.com/mgsfanplace/ .

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-12 11:05:25

At 1/27/03 12:58 AM, The_Heartbreak_Kid wrote: MGS is gay. Its the worst one Ive seen next to Yoshi club. I put the mark of death on this club.

That's what you think.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-12 11:30:25

At 6/12/05 10:43 AM, MetalGearSuperFan wrote: I have a Metal Gear Solid 1 "Solid Snake" figure. =)
I have a Metal Gear Fan Club too, www.freewebs.com/mgsfanplace/ .

Nice site. Welcome to the club, man.

At 6/12/05 11:05 AM, MetalGearSuperFan wrote:
At 1/27/03 12:58 AM, The_Heartbreak_Kid wrote: MGS is gay. Its the worst one Ive seen next to Yoshi club. I put the mark of death on this club.
That's what you think.

Haha. It's great to defend MGS, but no need to reply to a two-year old post. :-)

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-12 18:52:38

Kept myself busy by playing and beating Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
haha, i won't say that. both games are good in my opinion, i just like mgs a whole lot better. still, it looks like chaos theory could give snake eater a run for its money.

Same Thing with me i own both games but MGS is better.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-12 18:54:41

I finally got my guestbook on my MGS fan site, www.freewebs.com/mgsfanplace/ .
Visit it and sign the guest book, please!

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-12 22:28:23

You Have to check out this thing I found on Ebay!!!

metal gear solid club

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-12 23:05:58

At 6/12/05 06:52 PM, MetalGearSuperFan wrote: Same Thing with me i own both games but MGS is better.

Yup. Looks like many of you share my opinion. :-)

At 6/12/05 06:54 PM, MetalGearSuperFan wrote: I finally got my guestbook on my MGS fan site, www.freewebs.com/mgsfanplace/ .
Visit it and sign the guest book, please!

Cool, I'll check it out later.

At 6/12/05 10:28 PM, MetalGearSuperFan wrote: You Have to check out this thing I found on Ebay!!!

Nice, a MGS2 watch. I wouldn't maind having that.

BBS Signature