00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

jouwmaatsenna just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

metal gear solid club

141,212 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-02 12:40:43

At 9/2/05 11:29 AM, RAB109 wrote: Can I Join

I already said you could and asked you a simple introductory question. What's your favorite installment in the series?

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-02 13:28:50

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater Is My Favorite

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-02 13:32:26

At 8/29/05 08:23 PM, da1lilthug wrote: What's the url for that wierd thing about the colonel in MGS2?? The "I need scissors 61" thing lol.

"I hear its amazing when the famous purple stopped worming flap jaw space, with the tunning fork! Does a raw blake on harry carry rock! I need scissors... 61!

Lol, the crazy Colonel and his lust for scissors...

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-02 14:27:02

At 8/30/05 08:56 PM, Fafey wrote:
Make a 3 disk game starting with Metal gear solid 3 then 1 then 2 and make the story line change form what you do in the game, I know it would be big but that would be the best game ever. imagine if you could kill Ocelot in the fist then he wouldnt be in the rest. Or even if you could do different storylines such as be Liquid and play through the game. Who knows maybe it could have over 100 different endings. i know its a pipe dream but hey that would be something to drool about.

don't wnnt to sound mean, but that idea is bad.
the work put into it will be insane, and don't forget, if ocelot is killed RIGHT AT THE MOMENT HE SHOWS HIS HEAD IN MGS3, MGS1 will never hapen.
and besides, who wants to play a game over 100 times just to see 100 difrent endings?(and don't forget that it's insane to finish all 3 MGS games in a row)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-02 15:44:58

At 9/2/05 01:32 PM, AshfordPride wrote: Crazy stuff!

Oh thanks man! That's the one I was looking for!

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-03 06:53:40

At 9/2/05 12:40 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: What's your favorite installment in the series?

Mine has to be MGS1. Maybe I've enjoyed playing MGS2 more, but MGS1 is the original MGS game and I think it deserves the most respect from me. Also, I've had the game for over 6 years now.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-05 05:17:09

At 9/3/05 06:53 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
Mine has to be MGS1. Maybe I've enjoyed playing MGS2 more, but MGS1 is the original MGS game and I think it deserves the most respect from me. Also, I've had the game for over 6 years now.

well, i also like it, but it lost somthing in the remake...(maybe it's becuse of it's age, or the faqt that they wanted to put PS2 controles on a GC controler).

anyway, what's your favorit metal gear?

mine will forever be the metal gear rex.
why? becuse it's the only metal gear that actualy can bring doun the world.
think about it, all metal gears in the series needed outside suport to actualy be of anny real use, but the rex is a walking death tank that fire nukes AND defend himself.
the shagohod* and the metal gear version 1 & 2, did not even get close to it, the shagohod was still to limited that it needs to speed up for 3 miles to 300 miles P/H, and that it can only fire one missile at a time.(that problem was gone wen there were more shagohods, and they fire all at the same time at the US)
and the metal gear version 1 & 2 were just horibel at self-defence.
sure, the metal gear RAY was made to counter the rex, but the ray is not actualy a metal gear.
becuse all metal gears are equiped with nukes, and the metal gear ray does not, it's somthing made to protect arsenal gear, and that's even nothing without help of the RAYs or any other form of outside suport.
now you will say"but the marines made it!"
yeah, they made it, but i never believe that they made it without the patriots knowing, i even think they staged it all so even IF it leaked, that only the marines were to blame.

*note: the shagohod was not named a metal gear, but it was the begining of the MG era.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-07 16:02:10

yeah i found a metal gear solid club
can i join
im a very big fan
i beat all 3 games at least ten times
i even got toys
can i join plz

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-07 21:15:18

At 9/7/05 04:02 PM, sotar wrote: yeah i found a metal gear solid club
can i join
im a very big fan
i even got toys
can i join plz

You sure can, man. Welcome.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-08 11:52:01

At 9/5/05 05:17 AM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: anyway, what's your favorit metal gear?

I'm gonna have to say Rex. It sounded more threatening than Ray and Arsenal.

At 9/7/05 04:02 PM, sotar wrote: yeah i found a metal gear solid club
can i join

Sure, welcome.

Heh, I've completed MGS1 tons of times. MGS2 seven times in two months and not played MGS3 yet.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-08 14:29:59

hey i love mgs 1, not so much 2, but 3 rocked.
can i join???
i have mgs for gameboy as well
im gonna get acid for psp even doh i tink it might suk.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-08 14:37:35

At 9/8/05 02:29 PM, stealth_stick wrote: can i join???

Sure, welcome.

I forgot to mention. The last time I went through the MGS2 game, I did enter my name as Solid Snake. At the scene when Snake asks about the dog tags. Raiden says "No. I've never heard of the name before." That made me laugh since Solid Snake was right there.

Another thing, the Cast Theatres Demo 1, have the person as any woman. Snake turns from a man to a woman in the scene, LOL. Heh, cast theatres are very fun. They can be hilarious as well.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-09 16:34:38

At 8/29/05 08:23 PM, da1lilthug wrote:

"I hear its amazing when the famous purple stopped worming flap jaw space, with the tunning fork! Does a raw blake on harry carry rock! I need scissors... 61!

Lol, the crazy Colonel and his lust for scissors...

Yeah thats what it says on the preloader for Metal Gear Crisis 1.1

And btw they finally made MGC2!!! but it was short and sweet.
U should check it out.

Also I found a totally addicting MMORPG and if u dont get the premium verison its free!!!
Its called runescape and u can find it
here .

If u do play it my user account is MGS1BestFan
So put me on ur friends list.

Just checkin on the club,
MetalGearSuperFan

P.S. Damn. i wish MGS3 : subsistance came out already.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-13 16:24:33

I really want MGS for my game boy
i went to EB and i saw it
it is the only copy i think
so i really want it bad
its for 20 bucks to
the only prob is that i dont have money
so when i save up my money
i hope its still there

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-14 05:38:37

Metal Gear Solid Club... ok, I think, I'll join!

After all, I make MGS parodies:) That reminds me, be so kind and see my movies (and help me improve them). They are in my profile(obviously). Few things I want to settle here.

1. Snake's real name/code name isn't accurate due to a plot twist that was ment to happen, but was later on cancelled, since it got so much negative attention...

2. The story doesn't really fit anywhere in the timeline, because that way I have free hands to include better jokes and parody all three games at once!

3. Most of the characters at this point are made up by yours truly and especially the Major is a fusion between Campbell and Major Zero.(No, not the DBZ-kind of fusion...)

4. If you are offended by Metal Gear Solid parodies, there's no real sense seeing them...

5. Yes, I'm still a n00b, in my own opinion, so feel free to give out hints on things...

6. If you have ideas for MGS- jokes, I'd be happy to hear them. Remember though this is my series and I'm proud of my work, so if your gag doesn't fit it, don't take it personally. ;)

Waiting for your opinions and reviews!

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-15 16:35:17

At 9/13/05 04:24 PM, sotar wrote: I really want MGS for my game boy
i went to EB and i saw it
it is the only copy i think
so i really want it bad
its for 20 bucks to
the only prob is that i dont have money
so when i save up my money
i hope its still there

Yeah i saw it in a magazine about 3 years ago.
Never really lookes into it that much. But i dont think nintendo and MGS dont mix very much. anybodybody agree with me? huh?

Lol, well anyways does anybody know when subsistence comes out exactly?

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-15 16:38:47

At 9/14/05 05:38 AM, Tuovila wrote: Metal Gear Solid Club... ok, I think, I'll join!

Well... i dont know if i have the power in this club to let u join....but like who would say no? Just post and keep this forum about mgs, thats all.

And does anybody know if i have the right to let people join?
Im askin Twilight_venom or Pure Lionheart or somebody like that.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-15 16:44:42

I found some info on MGS4 . I had a few screenshots... But I seemed to have misplaced the url...

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-15 16:52:24

At 9/15/05 04:44 PM, AshfordPride wrote: I found some info on MGS4 . I had a few screenshots... But I seemed to have misplaced the url...

Sorry for the double post. Someone else seems to have found them here.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-15 20:45:45

Forgive my recent absence. Video games, school, sickness, etc. have been keeping me busy. :-P

At 9/15/05 04:38 PM, MetalGearSuperFan wrote: And does anybody know if i have the right to let people join?
Im askin Twilight_venom or Pure Lionheart or somebody like that.

All are welcome, and anyone can let anyone in. I'm not too worried. If we get a spammer, flamer, etc. I have no problem getting a mod in here about it.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-16 01:27:09

Just letting you all know:

- Check out www.GameSpot.com for lots of info on MGS3: Subsistence and MGS4: Guns Of The Patriots.

- Go to www.GameTrailers.com for the MGS3: Subsistence trailer from TGS, complete with the list of details on the game(Including it having THREE discs.) and one of those trademark strange/funny endings.

- Keep an eye on the Official MGS4 website for the MGS4 TGS trailer, which should be up tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-16 11:40:09

At 9/15/05 04:44 PM, AshfordPride wrote: I found some info on MGS4 . I had a few screenshots... But I seemed to have misplaced the url...

Ah, some info about MGS4 I havn't seen yet. Thanks for pointing that out! :D I read quite a lot of that and damn, it makes me want to get the game more.

At 9/16/05 01:27 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: - Keep an eye on the Official MGS4 website for the MGS4 TGS trailer, which should be up tomorrow.

Tomorrow? Nice! I might forget about it, but I'm really looking forward to see this trailer.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-16 12:33:53

All I've seen on MGS4 is the trailoer that they released at E3. That llooked awesome and I can only imagine that the actual game will blow away all other Metal Gear Solids.

So MGS4 will be be called Guns of the Patriots. Cool name. Maybe finally we will get to Kill Ocelot and end the Patriots once and for all.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-16 14:35:27

At 9/16/05 12:33 PM, DRD1982 wrote: All I've seen on MGS4 is the trailoer that they released at E3. That llooked awesome and I can only imagine that the actual game will blow away all other Metal Gear Solids.

I found a site where it showed that trailer. The trailer looks really good! :D Can't wait to get that game. I also found another MGS4 video. It was about no place to hide with the staff names and Snake and Raiden in it.

So MGS4 will be be called Guns of the Patriots. Cool name. Maybe finally we will get to Kill Ocelot and end the Patriots once and for all.

Yep, I mainly want Ocelot dead since he's still surviving. Also, I want to know what happens to Colonel on that game.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-16 14:39:25

www.GameTrailers.com has the MGS4 trailer for those who didn't see it yet.

At 9/16/05 02:35 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 9/16/05 12:33 PM, DRD1982 wrote: So MGS4 will be be called Guns of the Patriots. Cool name. Maybe finally we will get to Kill Ocelot and end the Patriots once and for all.
Yep, I mainly want Ocelot dead since he's still surviving. Also, I want to know what happens to Colonel on that game.

Blasphemy! You're all kicked out of the club and NewGrounds! I hereby ban you from palying any MGS games! :-P

Ocelot and the Patriots/Philosophers are so great! :-D

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-17 13:58:06

At 9/16/05 02:39 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
Blasphemy! You're all kicked out of the club and NewGrounds! I hereby ban you from palying any MGS games! :-P

wait! i don't want to kill ocelot/liquid yet...

and don't forget, the patriots are ESENTIAL to let america function normaly, so i don't think much can be done about it.
and ocelt is just...odd right now.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-17 14:05:39

At 9/16/05 02:39 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: www.GameTrailers.com has the MGS4 trailer for those who didn't see it yet.

I saw the trailers from that site as well.

Oh really? I'm still here, ROFLcopter!

Ocelot, I'm surprised he's survived for a long. I thought someone like him would die on MGS1. And the Patriots, they're a group of twelve people that I find weird!

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-17 15:54:29

At 9/17/05 01:58 PM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: wait! i don't want to kill ocelot/liquid yet...

Damn straight.

and don't forget, the patriots are ESENTIAL to let america function normaly, so i don't think much can be done about it.
and ocelt is just...odd right now.

Yeah, just like they said in SOL, imagine the power struggle, not to mention the fallout.

And, well, Ocelot can be a bit odd, but I love him. He's the ultimate manipulator being manipulated by another.

At 9/17/05 02:05 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: Oh really? I'm still here, ROFLcopter!

Curses! Not a mod yet. >:-(

Ocelot, I'm surprised he's survived for a long. I thought someone like him would die on MGS1. And the Patriots, they're a group of twelve people that I find weird!

But Ocelot's one of the Patriots agents. He's probably well informed and looked after.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-17 17:38:46

At 9/17/05 03:54 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
Yeah, just like they said in SOL, imagine the power struggle, not to mention the fallout.

and don't forget...they are all dead.
now what will be the final battle be? the patriots IA in a metal gear FINAL?
OMG i'm BRILIANT! =D

And, well, Ocelot can be a bit odd, but I love him. He's the ultimate manipulator being manipulated by another.

but now he is getting kinda old...and don't forget that he is a child stolen from the boss in the 40's(he was 20 in MGS3) and now olga's son was stolen from them...and one of the characters from MGS4 is holding a child?
that child can only be:
a) olga's child, raized by the patriots.(but it might be a bit to old for that, depending wen MGS4 is...)
b) raiden's child, but that might not be posibel becuse raiden knows of the patriots and looks out for them.
can it be that they are planing to make another ocelot?

But Ocelot's one of the Patriots agents. He's probably well informed and looked after.

more than that, he might be there "right hand" man.
HA!"right hand"! i made a funny...

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-09-17 17:58:33

By the way, folks. Please mark spoilers. Not every user here has played every Metal Gear, so being safe is always nice. Don't wanna ruin it for anyone.

SPOILERS BELOW!

At 9/17/05 05:38 PM, -Majin-Wilder wrote: and don't forget...they are all dead.
now what will be the final battle be? the patriots IA in a metal gear FINAL?
OMG i'm BRILIANT! =D

*Snake pull plug on computer*

You've Defeated The Patriots!

but now he is getting kinda old...and don't forget that he is a child stolen from the boss in the 40's(he was 20 in MGS3) and now olga's son was stolen from them...and one of the characters from MGS4 is holding a child?

Actually, he'd be in his 60's then, since the SE was during 1964 and SOL took place in 2009. Oh, and he was in his 10s then. Probably around 18 or 19, I think, or so I heard.

that child can only be:
a) olga's child, raized by the patriots.(but it might be a bit to old for that, depending wen MGS4 is...)

Well, no one knows when. X years after SOL, remember. I think that's the most reasonable one.

b) raiden's child, but that might not be posibel becuse raiden knows of the patriots and looks out for them.

Possible. Rose was pregnant after all.

can it be that they are planing to make another ocelot?

If they're smart. Look how the first one turned out! Raiden as well, since he's basically the same minus some differences.

more than that, he might be there "right hand" man.
HA!"right hand"! i made a funny...

XD

BBS Signature