00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

metal gear solid club

140,140 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-14 14:04:16

I have all the MGS2 figures.They each came with a part of metal gear rex and i built that too.I have ocelot,raiden,snake,solidus,fortune,(sorry for spelling)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-14 14:30:50

At 6/14/05 02:04 PM, Liquidmaycry wrote: I have all the MGS2 figures.They each came with a part of metal gear rex and i built that too.I have ocelot,raiden,snake,solidus,fortune,(sorry for spelling)

You mean Metal Gear RAY. :-P

Cool beans having them all. You have a webcam or whatever? I'd love to see your collection all together.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-14 15:25:47

At 6/14/05 02:30 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
At 6/14/05 02:04 PM, Liquidmaycry wrote: I have all the MGS2 figures.They each came with a part of metal gear rex and i built that too.I have ocelot,raiden,snake,solidus,fortune,(sorry for spelling)
You mean Metal Gear RAY. :-P

Cool beans having them all. You have a webcam or whatever? I'd love to see your collection all together.

no but i do have a camera.I'll take a picture and upload them soon.

P.S. Thanks for the reviews on retrogade (Im liquidsnake)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-14 20:13:50

At 6/14/05 03:25 PM, Liquidmaycry wrote: no but i do have a camera.I'll take a picture and upload them soon.

Nice.

P.S. Thanks for the reviews on retrogade (Im liquidsnake)

I noticed. They're good ones. Might want to check out the "Official Submission Topic" in General on RG, though. Theories your stuff might be stolen and only slightly altered are on the rise.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-14 21:49:43

Ugh......I wish MGS4 wpuls come out sooner......but ill be worth the wait!!!
MGS has NEVER let me down.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-14 21:53:50

At 1/31/03 05:24 PM, <deleted> wrote: HELL, i made a site for us! http://www.freewebs.com/ngffclub2

uh.....I know its old but im just saying thats weird.....

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-17 13:43:27

I think they should make an alternate metal gear series.

Obvious choice for me

Metal Gear Liquid since he is THE best warrior according to the game it would be cool to see what drove him to want to make Outer Heaven.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-17 16:55:54

At 6/17/05 01:43 PM, Liquidmaycry wrote: I think they should make an alternate metal gear series.

Obvious choice for me

Metal Gear Liquid since he is THE best warrior according to the game it would be cool to see what drove him to want to make Outer Heaven.

You mean Big Boss made Outer Heaven. And just saying that i thinks solid snake is the best warrior. But anyways, that is a good idea!
P.S. what about Metal Gear Acid

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-17 18:22:22

At 6/17/05 04:55 PM, MetalGearSuperFan wrote:
You mean Big Boss made Outer Heaven. And just saying that i thinks solid snake is the best warrior. But anyways, that is a good idea!
P.S. what about Metal Gear Acid

What i meant is Liquid Snake wanted to recreate outer heaven.I want to know why he wanted to make it again.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-17 19:09:03

At 6/17/05 04:55 PM, MetalGearSuperFan wrote: P.S. what about Metal Gear Acid

Without a PSP, I have little interest in it. Plus, supposedly, it doesn't effect the story MGS.

At 6/17/05 06:22 PM, Liquidmaycry wrote: What i meant is Liquid Snake wanted to recreate outer heaven.I want to know why he wanted to make it again.

To ressurect the area where warriors such as him lived as they should, and were valued and needed. He would use Outer Heaven and REX to achieve this goal.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-17 19:18:17

At 6/17/05 06:22 PM, Liquidmaycry wrote:
At 6/17/05 04:55 PM, MetalGearSuperFan wrote:

What i meant is Liquid Snake wanted to recreate outer heaven.I want to know why he wanted to make it again.

Oh....

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-17 22:20:00

At 6/17/05 07:18 PM, MetalGearSuperFan wrote: Oh....

Please try to make your posts a bit more longer and worthwhile. Posts like that are kinda against the rules.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-17 23:42:36

Another thing is that they said that Liquid Snake was the stronger brother while Solid Snake was the left overs.That MUST mean he's more skilled at something.I want to know what that is!

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-18 02:59:52

At 6/17/05 11:42 PM, Liquidmaycry wrote: Another thing is that they said that Liquid Snake was the stronger brother while Solid Snake was the left overs.That MUST mean he's more skilled at something.I want to know what that is!

In technical merits, probably at birth, Liquid was the greater creation, but that has long since changed. Meme+Gene+Scene, people. Genes aren't everything. There is also situation. Let's not forget what Ocelot describes at the end of Sons Of Liberty.

~~~SPOILERS~~~
"Given the right situation, the right scene, anyone can be transformed into Solid Snake."
~~~END SPOILER~~~

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-18 17:00:43

At 6/18/05 02:59 AM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
At 6/17/05 11:42 PM, Liquidmaycry wrote: Another thing is that they said that Liquid Snake was the stronger brother while Solid Snake was the left overs.That MUST mean he's more skilled at something.I want to know what that is!
In technical merits, probably at birth, Liquid was the greater creation, but that has long since changed. Meme+Gene+Scene, people. Genes aren't everything. There is also situation. Let's not forget what Ocelot describes at the end of Sons Of Liberty.

~~~SPOILERS~~~
"Given the right situation, the right scene, anyone can be transformed into Solid Snake."
~~~END SPOILER~~~

Oh yeah i remember now.Thats why they did the whole raiden experiment.i think they messed up.I think it should have been "Given the right situation,the right scene, anyone can be transformed into
Big Boss " That would make more sense.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-19 04:00:40

I heard that they are making a Metal Gear movie.While i highly doubt it they say its gonna be colin farrell is going to play Snake.I hope they don't make it into a movie because that would kill it.I think that if they were to make a movie it should be Matt damon looks like a better snake

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-19 15:05:36

I personally don't want a Metal Gear movie, regardless of actors. Splinter Cell is coming out with a movie, and I'm sure that's gonna be slighting the preverbial wrists right there. I'd much rather it stay a game.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-19 15:58:22

sorry about the absence guys. anyways, this club looks like it's a bit more active now. good stuff.

about the movie, games and movies are very different forms of entertainment. games are typically longer than movies because they have more content. just imagine trying to get all the content of metal gear solid into a movie.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-21 23:56:10

At 6/19/05 03:58 PM, twilight_venom wrote: sorry about the absence guys. anyways, this club looks like it's a bit more active now. good stuff.

about the movie, games and movies are very different forms of entertainment. games are typically longer than movies because they have more content. just imagine trying to get all the content of metal gear solid into a movie.

if you look at it Hideo wanted to make metal gear a movie.YOu can tell in the way the story is made.Great gamplay and then the cut scenes actually teach you something.I think i have learned more from metal gear than i did from school about war and all that good stuff :0)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-22 00:05:38

if you look at it Hideo wanted to make metal gear a movie.YOu can tell in the way the story is made.Great gamplay and then the cut scenes actually teach you something.I think i have learned more from metal gear than i did from school about war and all that good stuff :0)

that may be so, but there's still WAY too much content in the series to make a movie of metal gear solid. the story is just so huge that a movie wouldn't be enough to realize kojima's ambitions. maybe it would work if it was a three-hour movie, but movies are typically more fast-paced than video games. kojima is used to making video games, so making a movie might not be the best idea.

just look at final fantasy the spirits within. that movie was horrible. in a CG movie, i didn't think that bad acting was possible. spirits within was trying to be like all those cliche sci-fi movies. it seemed to be exactly like the alien movies. it used the same cliche characters.

the movie didn't even ressemble the games. it was all sci-fi mostly. if kojima tried to make a movie about metal gear solid, it might end up like the spirits within. metal gear solid should stay on consoles.

metal gear solid also taught me a lot of stuff that i didn't learn in school. plus, it offers a pretty cool perspective of history, even it isn't true.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-22 00:53:07

still they saw that the spirtis within was made wrong so they are making Advent Children.When it comes out it might be the best Video game based movie ever.Maybe a movie like that would be cool.A FULL history of Big Boss to Solid Snake

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-22 01:25:48

At 6/22/05 12:53 AM, Liquidmaycry wrote: still they saw that the spirtis within was made wrong so they are making Advent Children.When it comes out it might be the best Video game based movie ever.Maybe a movie like that would be cool.A FULL history of Big Boss to Solid Snake

if kojima was to make a metal gear solid movie, i would prefer it if he made an original movie instead of a movie based on the games. it could elaborate on the storyline and make it even more complicated. all the characters that appeared in the series would be in the movie, unless their presence doesn't make any sense.

also, one movie wouldn't be enough. it would have to be at least three movies, like the lord of the rings. i still don't think it would be a good idea, but if kojima is smart enough, he could actually pull it off.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-22 02:05:09

There is a metal gear book.I would love to find that but i doubt i would find it in New York.That could be the alternitive.A metal gear series book.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-22 15:16:55

Well, there are Metal Gear Solid comics, depicting only Shadow Moses that I know of. Couldn't tell ya where to find them, though.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-22 16:12:17

At 6/22/05 03:16 PM, -Anti-Hero- wrote: Well, there are Metal Gear Solid comics, depicting only Shadow Moses that I know of. Couldn't tell ya where to find them, though.

I forgot about those.There supposed to be 4 dollars if you can find them.I think theres an number to find the nearest store on the MGS3 booklet..

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-06-22 17:16:40

At 6/22/05 02:05 AM, Liquidmaycry wrote: There is a metal gear book.I would love to find that but i doubt i would find it in New York.That could be the alternitive.A metal gear series book.

now that's what i'm talking about. i would love a novel about metal gear solid, since i'm a bookworm.

there are short stories in mgs2 though. there's in the darkness of shadow moses and a couple of other short stories. they're fun to read if you're patient. still, it would be cool to have a collection of metal gear solid short stories including the ones i just mentioned. i don't think a novel about one adventure would work. short stories would be better.

does anybody know where i can find the mgs comics? i'd love to get my hands on those.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-02 11:24:00

well when i got a stratgy gudie for christmas it had part of one of the comics like a preview.
by the way can i join

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-02 14:00:40

geez, do i have to revive this topic again? come on guys, you could help a little. i don't get it. a lot of topics that i post suddenly die. am i cursed or something? oh well.

we need a subject to talk about, so i guess we can talk about MGS4. what do you guys think of the characters? i think raiden looks pretty cool with his katana. what's up with the big boss look-alike? he looks a bit like psycho mantis too.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-02 14:53:48

Let me join. I beg of you!
I've played MGS 1-3 on the Playstation console format.
I have no idea what number member I am.
I simply skipped to the last page.
But that doesn't matter it?

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-07-02 16:47:22

At 7/2/05 02:53 PM, TBot_Alpha wrote: Let me join. I beg of you!
I've played MGS 1-3 on the Playstation console format.
I have no idea what number member I am.
I simply skipped to the last page.
But that doesn't matter it?

sure you can join. by the way, the topic starter isn't around anymore. also, numbers don't matter to me.