00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KermittTheGr8 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew

87,190 Views | 949 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2007-09-14 16:06:12

This looks a little dead but my hardcore crew was a failure and everyone here seems to like most of the bands I do so i'll join.

My favorite bands are:
Suicide Silence
Job For a Cowboy
As blood runs black
Bury your dead
All that remains
The devil wears prada
As I lay dying
Underoath
Beneath the sky
The Irish front
Emmure

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2007-10-16 17:06:41

It seems a lot of people here like Suicide Silence, and with their new CD out, they could hit it big.

They are the only band who uses the record label Century Media that have made it in the top two hundred bill board awards.(Ninety third)

Also, their video got officially banned from Mtv for " graphic lyrics and images" What pussies. Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpsNdqzIe DM

It's sort-of NSFW. As in, you see some skin peeling off of the face. I wouldn't watch it in front of your mom.

And if you haven't figured it out yet, this is a bump.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2008-05-30 12:42:17

Talking of lo-fi black metal

At 5/28/08 7:02 PM, Earfetish wrote: my braincells have only recently rubbed together enough to realise that your alias is one of Black Metal's biggest songs ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvlSTL4FO zg

intentional?

Nope, never really heard of him also. Just thought this up, that's all. It's more of a spur of the moment thing.

----------

I like black metal but it's often a bit repetitive, Amon Amarth song structures, who I also like despite being a bit repetitive. It's such a massive genre tho; Dimmu sound nothing like Silencer and neither sound anything like 'true black metal' like 1349. But it's pretty much all awesome.

And it might have been better in the past but black metal isn't all symphonic nowadays, there are still bands coming out with old fashioned raw black metal.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2008-05-30 12:44:00

oops wrong thread

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-01-30 21:41:59

Metal's shit.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-01-30 21:52:58

At 5/6/07 06:03 PM, Hoov3r wrote: the thread starter makes me fucking sick. You are a disgrace to all that is metal, and that also goes for the other pussy's who followed this prick.

ouch... you suck... and your net even good at it... that's sad...
as the other guys said... your only reference to metal is metallica... go away... you just don't know what Metal is...

I'd like to join also

here's a short list of my favorite core bands:

As I Lay Dying
Through The Eyes Of The Dead
All That Remains
All Shall Perish
Despised Icon
Atreyu
Protest The Hero
Overcast
The Agonist
Shadows Fall
Bullet For My Valentine
Throwdown
The Agonist
Breaking Benjamin

and Cryptopsy's most recent work is deathcore :P
sorry, I'm just saying this for my friends of the metal hell :P
but Cryptopsy was better before, when they played real Brutal Death Metal.

and for nu-metal... in don't know... I think Nu-Metal sucks...
except for Slipknot and Ill Nino.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-01-30 21:57:26

At 1/30/09 09:52 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I'd like to join also

I don't think jarrydn comes on much anymore and if he lurks the turd never posts enough anyway (cause he's a turd... but I love him <3) so you may as well just perform a coup d'etat on this place. You've established your passion for this genre quite enough.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-23 15:14:56

I think that it's time we take over this place !!!

If anyone's still interrested in Metalcore, or any core genre, such as mathcore, deathcore, metalcore and any nu-metal music, they should post.

Maybe we could try to establish a system that would be similar to the system used in the Metal Hell.

To accept new members and keep the club going.

Who's with me ?

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-23 15:23:37

At 3/23/09 03:14 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Maybe we could try to establish a system that would be similar to the system used in the Metal Hell.

That kind of goes against the original point of this club. Jarrdyn doesn't like the way the Metal Hell is run, hence this place.

Who's with me ?

I'm all for bringing this back to life. I love me some Linkin Park :D.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-23 15:38:07

At 3/23/09 03:23 PM, Nev wrote:
At 3/23/09 03:14 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Maybe we could try to establish a system that would be similar to the system used in the Metal Hell.
That kind of goes against the original point of this club. Jarrdyn doesn't like the way the Metal Hell is run, hence this place.

I'm not talking about copy+paste the model of the Metal Hell here.
But taking the concept of the ten bands of core and nu-metal subgenres to join.
Choosing a few leaders that would keep the thing going.

Of course Jarrdyn would still be the leader of the crew and would have the power to take decisions in here anyway.
But the last post made was made by you... two months ago... and if mister Jarrdyn doesn't care... we will try to revive this place.

Who's with me ?
I'm all for bringing this back to life. I love me some Linkin Park :D.

lolz

LP's so awesome !!! Especially when they auto-rape their own music by mixing it up with Jay-Z's mastershitspieces :)

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-23 16:18:23

At 3/23/09 03:38 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: But taking the concept of the ten bands of core and nu-metal subgenres to join.

It was that specific elitism that Jarry dunt like. He just wanted to let anybody in.
I don't know much about core (as I like Nu-Metal, not core) so I don't know if an elitist attitude can be done in terms of core.
If you think it can, then sure, do what you want.

LP's so awesome !!! Especially when they auto-rape their own music by mixing it up with Jay-Z's mastershitspieces :)

I don't really care for anything but Hybrid Theory. But that album is tits. Its just good music :).

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-24 00:01:17

At 3/23/09 04:18 PM, Nev wrote:
At 3/23/09 03:38 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: But taking the concept of the ten bands of core and nu-metal subgenres to join.
It was that specific elitism that Jarry dunt like. He just wanted to let anybody in.
I don't know much about core (as I like Nu-Metal, not core) so I don't know if an elitist attitude can be done in terms of core.
If you think it can, then sure, do what you want.

Not really elitism... even if I hate bands like Bring Me The Horizon, the still are core and should be allowed in.

But I'm talking about stuff like Limp Bizkit... I mean, are these guys really Nu-Metal?

I don't really care for anything but Hybrid Theory. But that album is tits. Its just good music :).

Hybrid Theory was great. Mike Shinoda is probably one guy that made me able to listen to some rap music... like is side project with Fort Minor. He's "the" MC !!!

and Meteora was also kind of good.

So em... we are not going to be "horseman" as this is a reference to Metallica... but we could work together to revive this place :)

talking about Nu-Metal... what do you think about Ill Nino ?

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-24 00:34:04

This is easily the best club on NG.

I need to hang out here more.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-24 00:35:36

At 3/24/09 12:34 AM, jarrydn wrote: This is easily the best club on NG.

I need to hang out here more.

funny name...

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-24 00:50:48

well... welcome back sir...

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-24 09:55:18

At 3/24/09 12:01 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: But I'm talking about stuff like Limp Bizkit... I mean, are these guys really Nu-Metal?

Of course. Break Stuff is the epitome of Nu-Metal amazingness.

So em... we are not going to be "horseman" as this is a reference to Metallica... but we could work together to revive this place :)

We've got to work for a better future, we've got to join hands for tomorrow...

Never listened to them. Well I heard them in a friends car but they're that kind of Disturbed style. I like my Nu-Metal melodic like Linkin and Limp :). Not all macho.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-24 18:36:23

At 3/24/09 09:55 AM, Nev wrote:
At 3/24/09 12:01 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: But I'm talking about stuff like Limp Bizkit... I mean, are these guys really Nu-Metal?
Of course. Break Stuff is the epitome of Nu-Metal amazingness.

really?... I guess I'm not that much of a Nu-Metal fan than...

We've got to work for a better future, we've got to join hands for tomorrow...

if there was some other members... we could start something... really.

Never listened to them. Well I heard them in a friends car but they're that kind of Disturbed style. I like my Nu-Metal melodic like Linkin and Limp :). Not all macho.

They are not tha much like Disturbed
I really do not see it this way

the studio version is better still.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-24 21:59:39

Job for a cowboy isnt metalcore
its more grindcore than it is metalcore.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-24 22:59:15

At 3/24/09 09:59 PM, JesusWasHere wrote: Job for a cowboy isnt metalcore
its more grindcore than it is metalcore.

it's more like deathcore than anything else.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-26 23:00:34

I've been listenning to a lot of Progressive Metalcore and Deathcore for the last few days.

I've been into Protest The Hero for a while

but I just fell in love with Between The Buried And Me and The Human Abstract.

These two bands are great and I just can't stop listenning to their stuff.

I also discovered some more stuff about August Burns Red.

In fact, I have been listenned to a lot of technical music recently, bands like Necrophagist, Blotted Science, Decapitated, Spastic Ink and some other metal bands.
That just led me to some Prog Metalcore and Mathcore.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-27 01:35:31

At 3/26/09 11:00 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: That just led me to some Prog Metalcore and Mathcore.

Jesus. You think after listening to the music for more then 2 minutes, people would learn that these 2 sub-genres/hybrid genres are the same thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-27 10:33:59

At 3/26/09 11:00 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: That just led me to some Prog Metalcore and Mathcore.

Ever listened to SikTh? Really good stuff, two vocalists, amazing drummer/guitarists/bassist. Its very original stuff.

Their Myspace.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-27 17:27:31

At 3/27/09 01:35 AM, Dark-Phire wrote:
Jesus. You think after listening to the music for more then 2 minutes, people would learn that these 2 sub-genres/hybrid genres are the same thing.

In fact I was kind of wandering if their even was a difference between these two genres. I just wrote them down in case someone would have noticed any kind of differences.

At 3/27/09 10:33 AM, Nev wrote:
Ever listened to SikTh? Really good stuff, two vocalists, amazing drummer/guitarists/bassist. Its very original stuff.

Their Myspace.

I'm going to check this out later this evening. I still have some stuff to do right now.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-28 02:12:59

I would like to join and I am in a Nu-Metal band

myspace.com/malginant

My PC Specs | Steam Profile Page |

"English Mother Fucker, Do You Speak It?"

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-28 03:17:45

At 3/28/09 02:12 AM, JuggaloRB wrote: I would like to join and I am in a Nu-Metal band

cool :)
maybe you could name us a few of your favorite bands, 10 to 20 or something like this.
So we could know what you like :)

myspace.com/malginant

there's only one track that I've been able to listen to on your myspace, is that normal?

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-28 11:56:41

At 3/28/09 03:17 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 3/28/09 02:12 AM, JuggaloRB wrote: I would like to join and I am in a Nu-Metal band
maybe you could name us a few of your favorite bands, 10 to 20 or something like this.

myspace.com/malginant
there's only one track that I've been able to listen to on your myspace, is that normal?

Ya, we recorded that yesterday and I made the site last night really quick after we got that done. That song is a real rough demo but that is what we got for now. We will be putting up new songs as the rest of the band can find time from college to get together. And bands I like are

Adema, SlipKnoT, Static-X, Drowning Pool, old Korn, MuDvAyNe, Disturbed, System of a Down

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-28 12:44:20

If you guys like those hardcore bands try a band called Spies Like Us, its my roommates band. I am not to found of them but they are really popular in the NH, Ma area.

And I don't know about you guys but LP has gone done the crapper so badly. Mike made the band and the newest album just did not feel like it had any connections to the original sound of LP's mood and theme. Before it was rap, DJing, Japanese influenced art, and now it feels emo.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-28 16:19:43

At 3/28/09 11:56 AM, JuggaloRB wrote:
At 3/28/09 03:17 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:

myspace.com/malginant
Ya, we recorded that yesterday and I made the site last night really quick after we got that done. That song is a real rough demo but that is what we got for now. We will be putting up new songs as the rest of the band can find time from college to get together. And bands I like are

Tell us anytime you add something new to your myspace so we can see how your band is doing :)

Adema, SlipKnoT, Static-X, Drowning Pool, old Korn, MuDvAyNe, Disturbed, System of a Down

I have listenned to a lot of stuff by Slipknot when I was in High School. I have all their albums except for Mate, Feed, Kill Repeat. But I think that it really isn't that much of an awesome album. And their live album is so shit... Corey is getting so lame...

I also really like Disturbed and SoaD

At 3/28/09 12:36 PM, JigginWitDaWiggin wrote: I love Slipknot, KoRn, Disturbed, and SOAD
D

Papa Roach and Linkin Park? anyone? :P

At 3/28/09 12:38 PM, BareNakedMike wrote:
Ill Nino - From New Jersey though I haven't really listened to them but they seemed worth mentioning.

:)

They really are awesome, you should really listen to them carefully. Revolution Revolucion is the album to get :)

At 3/28/09 12:44 PM, JuggaloRB wrote: If you guys like those hardcore bands try a band called Spies Like Us, its my roommates band. I am not to found of them but they are really popular in the NH, Ma area.

And I don't know about you guys but LP has gone done the crapper so badly. Mike made the band and the newest album just did not feel like it had any connections to the original sound of LP's mood and theme. Before it was rap, DJing, Japanese influenced art, and now it feels emo.

Well... LP has always been like a roller coaster.

Hybrid Theory was awesome... but Reanimation (if thats the correct name) was shit...
than Meteora came out, and it was pretty good... and than they butchered it with their Collision Shit Tour with Jay-Fag. Now they made a so-so album... let's just hope that the next one will be better.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-28 16:51:45

At 3/28/09 04:19 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:

Tell us anytime you add something new to your myspace so we can see how your band is doing :)

Will do.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-03-28 17:38:41

At 3/28/09 04:19 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: But I think that it really isn't that much of an awesome album

Idio claims its good.

Well... LP has always been like a roller coaster.

A rollercoaster than starts with the biggest drop and then never lives up again... kind of like the one in my home town.

But yeah, Hybrid Theory won't be topped.

BBS Signature