00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Heln966 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew

87,097 Views | 949 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-24 20:59:14

May I join the club sir?

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-25 00:46:27

At 3/20/06 10:04 PM, LamboFactor wrote: So i just found out today that like theres a "limited edition" version of The Curse with like some extra songs or something... Grr...

Does anyone know why cds always come out on like tuesdays?

It came out a while ago actually. There is a re-issue though that came out like last year.I searched all over for the first limited edition one. I wanted it so bad.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-25 00:52:05

At 3/24/06 08:59 PM, xmetallicax1 wrote: May I join the club sir?

Name some bands you're into ;)

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-25 02:04:37

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-28 05:49:09

Hello everyone. If I recall correctly, I was allowed in some time ago, but haven't really been posting, mainly for the lack of things to say.

Anyways, I have a band called Misguided, which has gone through some changes lately. First of all, we used to have two guitarists, but yesterday we kicked out one of them for his lack of motivation and inability to compromise OR train the same songs others did. So he parted ways with us, and now we will do our first two live gigs with only one guitarist. Not that we NEEDED more, it's just a much more fuller and richer sound with two guitars.

In the news regarding Misguided also: The training on TWO DISTURBED SONGS nearly affirmed! We first decided to train and play "Prayer", but our ex-guitarist just trained some AC/DC and didn't show up to rehearsals(he was skiing), while our other, more skilled guitarist had to study for an examn and had accidentally trained "Believe" in its full. Now, we are still going to keep Prayer on our playlist AND add Believe there as well, if I believe my vocals are up to the task, since Believe is quite a high-note song to sing.

On a side note, I love Disturbed's vocals! No screaming, only a little groaning(which can be passed if needed, since it's only there to give atmosphere) and still very powerful singing.

What's up here? Anybody dead? Anybody with a courtcase? Anyone at all?
I feel like talking weird things now so I'll just pass on this box of muffins. Here, have some.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-28 06:10:40

I'm here. Been busy with my project 'arterial hemorrhage' though.

It's a mix of death metal, grind, metalcore, hardcore, deathcore and mathcore. I like to call it...'millcore'.

Arterial Hemorrhage is officially the first millcore band EVER, and is soon to be the band holding claim to the DUMBEST BREAKDOWN EVER.

http://www.myspace.com/ahgrind

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-28 08:48:58

At 3/28/06 06:10 AM, jarrydn wrote: I'm here. Been busy with my project 'arterial hemorrhage' though.

It's a mix of death metal, grind, metalcore, hardcore, deathcore and mathcore. I like to call it...'millcore'.

Arterial Hemorrhage is officially the first millcore band EVER, and is soon to be the band holding claim to the DUMBEST BREAKDOWN EVER.

I if I wasn't in school right now, I'd check it out :(
I'll do it tonight, I'm too curious :P

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-28 10:21:16

New cd from Atreyu comming out today!!! I'm hoping to get my hands on it later today...

I look forward to checking out those bands later today :D

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-28 10:41:39

it's weird, we've had TONS of hopefuls in the Metal Hell the last few days that didn't qualify, but would fit in here perfectly. We (the metal hell) directed them all to this place but none of em seem to have joined... any thoughts Jarrydn?

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-28 11:07:09

At 3/25/06 02:04 AM, LOLIMKEWL wrote: Stick To Your Guns

Decent... I didnt really like the vocals...

Abigail Williams

More my cup of tea...

Through The Eyes Of The Dead

I like 'em and have been planning on seeing them at the Ottobar for a while...

ANTAGONY

Reminds me a lot of As I Lay Dying... I like 'em...

UNLEASHED

Usually metal from Sweden is great but these guys were too death-metal for me...

Hacksaw To The Throat.

Eh... Didnt really like them...

Underneath The Gun

I disliked the vocals and they seemed a little slow for my taste...

A Textbook Tragedy

Haha... For some reason they made me laugh... I guess they are decent... I like them better than most of the bands you've posted...

Despised Icon.

I might be seeing them at Sonar when they are in my area... I like them ok...

Evergreen Terrace

I love Evergreen Terrace... I have one of their cds if anyone is interested (cough cough just im me for it)...

Calico System

Great find... This is truely a band i could get way into... Thanks for introducing me to them :D

I Killed The Prom Queen

Another great find and another band i could get way into... Thanks for that too :D

Elysia

Too death-metalish for me...

Suicidal Silence

Couldn't access their page on myspace or purevolume...

As for jarrydn... Thats incredible that you could do that by yourself but its not really my style...

Here are some bands you guys might like:

Sound Riot: Sound Riot is my friend's band but they broke up a few years ago... Still they play some good music...

HeyKid: I dont really know if these guys fit in here or if you guys will like them... They are ok in my book but i'd like your opinion...

Adair: Adair is a band i saw on tour with From First To Last and Story Of The Year... They are ok, dont really know if they fit in with this genre but here they are...

Forgotten Screams: Forgotten Screams is more of a screamo band but they dip into the whole metalcore thing every now and then...

Bless The Fall: More of a post-hardcore type band but they are pretty good...

Greeley Estates: This is a band i met and saw at Warped Tour last year... They are a great band but once again a little more post-hardcore than metalcore...

Every Time I Die: These guys fit in more with what you've been posting... They are an amazing live band... I highly recommend them...

The Chinese Express: I dont think they have any music up but they are a good band more like what you guys have posted than what i've posted...

On Broken Wings: I love these guys... I think they are really your cup of tea...

Embrace The End: I'm getting tired of writing about each band... But i think you guys would like these guys...

Scars Of Tomorrow: Another band i think you guys would like...

Darkest Hour: i wouldnt be suprised if you guys have heard of these guys, but im pretty sure you'll like them...

Thats all i got for now...

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-28 12:59:21

At 3/28/06 08:48 AM, duffeknol wrote:
I if I wasn't in school right now, I'd check it out :(
I'll do it tonight, I'm too curious :P

dude, I love you
it's SO good

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-28 23:22:45

These guys are incredible... They are young and just amazing... They are like ages 18-21 and are as good as if not better than As I Lay Dying and Atreyu or even Aiden...

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-29 01:33:33

At 3/28/06 12:59 PM, duffeknol wrote: dude, I love you
it's SO good

Hehe thanks dude :)

I find I tend to write better music when I don't take it seriously.

As for referring people to this club from Metal Hell, I guess people just don't really care too much about belonging to a club ;). I check Metal Hell from time to time and alot of the people that want to join seem to be like the kind of dudes who would only post once or twice anyway.

As for the massive lists of bands posted in here, I'll have to check out a lot of them. Quite a few familiar faces (Suicide Silence are fucking brutal cunts. Only 'core' because of the breakdowns), but lots of stuff I haven't heard either.

millyourheadoff.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-29 03:14:06

I dunno if i've joined before,but i don't have enough metalcore that I like to even bother joining,therefore eliminating all purpose of this post.Unless I name a few bands i have interest in.

Chimaira
5 Star Prison cell
Killswitch Engage
Bury your dead

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-29 03:42:55

At 3/29/06 03:14 AM, NGHRHGHHGRINDGRIND wrote: I dunno if i've joined before,but i don't have enough metalcore that I like to even bother joining,therefore eliminating all purpose of this post.Unless I name a few bands i have interest in.

Chimaira
5 Star Prison cell
Killswitch Engage
Bury your dead

Welcome aboard fgt. I highly highly HIGHLY reccomend you check out Job For A Cowboy and Suicide Silence. They can be found on myspace, along with a swag of other ultra kick-arse Metalcore.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-03-31 05:00:41

At 3/28/06 10:21 AM, LamboFactor wrote: New cd from Atreyu comming out today!!! I'm hoping to get my hands on it later today...

Atreyu are a bit Emo for my liking

However I checked out Devil Driver the other day and they are mad!

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-04-03 23:17:53

At 3/31/06 05:00 AM, Dark-Teck wrote:
At 3/28/06 10:21 AM, LamboFactor wrote: New cd from Atreyu comming out today!!! I'm hoping to get my hands on it later today...
Atreyu are a bit Emo for my liking

Atreyu isn't really emo... I mean i guess you could say so but i dont really think they are...

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-04-06 20:38:47

Same here i have been listening ot Atreyu for a while.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-04-12 21:14:53

At 3/28/06 11:22 PM, LamboFactor wrote: These guys are incredible... They are young and just amazing... They are like ages 18-21 and are as good as if not better than As I Lay Dying and Atreyu or even Aiden...

Cough cough... You should check out the above...

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-04-15 21:51:59

What happened to this place? Its died down a lot...

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-04-15 22:14:57

Nu-metal and metalcore are the children that nobody loves :P

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-04-15 22:47:49

At 4/15/06 10:14 PM, jarrydn wrote: Nu-metal and metalcore are the children that nobody loves :P

I took em under my care with you, I don't love em though :P

we need more metal hell dropouts joining here :/

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-04-15 23:22:56

At 4/15/06 10:47 PM, duffeknol wrote:
At 4/15/06 10:14 PM, jarrydn wrote: Nu-metal and metalcore are the children that nobody loves :P
I took em under my care with you, I don't love em though :P

we need more metal hell dropouts joining here :/

suppp

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-04-16 17:56:21

Hey guys,
I've been looking for a metal core forum for fucking ages and, from the sounds of what you guys listen to, I'll fit in fine here so long as you don't mind a bit of Grind Core mixed into the batch.

Some bands I listen to... in no particular order.

On Broken Wings
The Agony Scene
Botch
Remembering Never
The Red Chord
Evergreen Terrace
Every Time I Die
Strapping Young Lad & Old Man Gloom (I like doom, it sends me to sleep)
Pig Destroyer
Please Inform The Captian, This is a Hijack
Melt Banana

What I'd like is some names mentioned, bands you guys listen to so I can get hold 'em and increase my playlist beyond 6000 :P
Cheers

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-04-16 18:01:39

At 4/16/06 05:56 PM, Nikolai_medic wrote: What I'd like is some names mentioned, bands you guys listen to so I can get hold 'em and increase my playlist beyond 6000 :P

If you look up the page you'll see 2 lists... The one by me isn't really metal core till the end of the list but there are still some metal core bands up there...

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-04-16 18:11:17

At 4/16/06 06:01 PM, LamboFactor wrote: If you look up the page you'll see 2 lists... The one by me isn't really metal core till the end of the list but there are still some metal core bands up there...

Yeah, I've been browsing the prev pages and I'm making a rather expensive looking list >_<

And I don't really care about genre boundries as some others do. If I listen and like it then it gets bought and added to the playlist!
Metalcore, grindcore, death, doom, screamo, thrash or otherwise it's all somewhere on this damn pc!

Hell, the gf's prolly hidden some mainstream indie on here without me knowing about it
*mental note, change pc password*

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-04-16 23:34:02

Welcome to the crew Nikolai!

Great list of bands. Death/grind influenced Metalcore is the best kind in my opinion :)

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-04-16 23:41:32

I think metalcore is pretty freaking sweet in general...

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-04-16 23:44:11

At 4/16/06 11:34 PM, jarrydn wrote: Death/grind influenced Metalcore is the best kind in my opinion :)

Weird considering you like fagcore.

lol :P.

To be in the topic I downloaded some AX7 and Chimaira... both very good. Although Sevenfolds singer sounds gay.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-04-16 23:48:15

Hahaha fagcore...

Congrats on 6000 posts!

BBS Signature