00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PsyKing77 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Altered Reality Colab

69,624 Views | 1,732 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 21:42:09

At 7/31/05 08:11 PM, True_Darkness wrote: ok well, I've updated mine just a bit, I'm almost near completion! w00t. I'll probably add effects after the movie is done, and then maybe add more. I have 4 weeks so I want to put as much effor into it as I can.

Heres what I have so far!

http://www.putfile.c..php?n=robot-sketches

Be sure to have him breathing heavily when he goes around behind the corner, not just standing there lifelessly.

Also, -snare-, do you have MSN? If you do then add me or tell me your e-mail.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 21:45:41

http://img192.images..ge=runnindude4dt.swf

Yea i kno. It didnt let me double post.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 21:52:15

At 7/31/05 09:45 PM, Tystarr wrote: http://img192.images..ge=runnindude4dt.swf

Yea i kno. It didnt let me double post.

Just so you know your stick man's animation cycle isn't complete. you need to have him crossed up the other way as well.

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 21:55:08

yeah he's right. it was very hard for me to notice but the loop isn't complete.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 22:07:24

Yea, now I notice it too. Well back to work for me...

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 22:09:23

Lol Darkness, darkness, darkness.

Ok. You really need your guy to look a bit better. First of all, his abs don't go below his belly button... Lol...Second, his legs only go down then up backwards. The knee never goes in front of him to bring his leg up in front. He looks like he's doing step aerobics like my mom. Third, the human body moves up and down, ie. his head. His head stays on the same plane of space just like your robot head.

Improve the overall character animation and look at it a bit more closely to get it more right. Overall, still good.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 22:16:40

What about me? I need all the comments i can get. I need to make this hot.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 00:02:36

At 7/31/05 08:11 PM, True_Darkness wrote: ok well, I've updated mine just a bit, I'm almost near completion! w00t. I'll probably add effects after the movie is done, and then maybe add more. I have 4 weeks so I want to put as much effor into it as I can.

Heres what I have so far!

http://www.putfile.c..php?n=robot-sketches

Darkness, can you try just doing the run cycles over again with just a scribble man... kinda like what I have done here to show you.
These are base movement samples I whipped up for you to try you hand at.

http://img133.images..age=frontwalk2zt.swf
Front walk

http://img100.images..mage=runcycle4lk.swf
Side Run Cycle.

Be quick and nasty with your drawings if you want to, not to nasty but don't worry about detail or anything... just worry about getting the general movement right. Trust me on this one you have the drawing ability you just don't know much about anatomy yet.

And that isn't something that most people pick up on thier own without hours of life drawing courses with naked models.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 00:07:29

I don't want to come off like I'm fussing. I just want to see if after you learn this information if you would want to do it over again or not. If not that's fine... but if you could just try your own scribble run cycle and front walk you should learn something.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 00:10:07

At 8/1/05 12:07 AM, JackSmack wrote: I don't want to come off like I'm fussing. I just want to see if after you learn this information if you would want to do it over again or not. If not that's fine... but if you could just try your own scribble run cycle and front walk you should learn something.

I understand. I will probably do it all over again, seeing as how I have 4 weeks. I'll try and perfect it. Thanks a lot for all the help, I really appreciate it. I'll work more tomorow, g2g sleep now. good night all

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 00:28:35

I'm off to fall into my nightly coma... getting an early start tonight... cause it's still yesterday!

See you on the flipside everypeoples.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 06:48:40

I think this project could be really really good, I mean we have the potential to make this frontpage top 50, I mean it! I'm putting all the skills I have into makeing the movie as good as I can, and If everyone did the same this could be fantastic. Aim for a really high callabor.

If you make a bit that looks crap don't stick with it, work it out and make it good.
Now would you excuse me, I'm going back to my making movie, and you should do the same.

haha,I sound like a coach. I'm such a try hard aye!

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 11:28:39

At 8/1/05 06:48 AM, FlashKid wrote: I think this project could be really really good, I mean we have the potential to make this frontpage top 50, I mean it! I'm putting all the skills I have into makeing the movie as good as I can, and If everyone did the same this could be fantastic. Aim for a really high callabor.

If you make a bit that looks crap don't stick with it, work it out and make it good.
Now would you excuse me, I'm going back to my making movie, and you should do the same.

haha,I sound like a coach. I'm such a try hard aye!

I'll try my best, im gonna redo some stuff, maybe look up a few animation tuts. I mean I know I'm a good author, but I know that my actual drawings are wrong, joints, muscles, positions. Yea, I need to learn some stuff. Next year I'm probbaly taking cartooning in highschool so that will help. Well I'm off to watch some tuts, maybe some by you jack smack, although I've seen them, but awhile ago. I'll refresh my memory with them. I really want to make this collab good so with 4 weeks I'll do my best,

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 12:24:06

well, heres a little running sketch I did.

http://img294.images..runningsketch1eg.swf

I circled all the joints and labled things, like when there is a right angle of the arm theres a right angle of the leg, and the foot and arm both land/stick out at the same time.

I drew each movement by standing up and pretending to run, then drawing it in a sketch. Well I hope its better. Right click and press foward to see everything frame by frame

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 12:25:09

a good animation tip that works great for me.. smoke a little weed before you start going. produces a good outcome. oh yes indeed.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 12:27:08

At 8/1/05 12:24 PM, True_Darkness wrote: well, heres a little running sketch I did.

I circled all the joints and labled things, like when there is a right angle of the arm theres a right angle of the leg, and the foot and arm both land/stick out at the same time.

I drew each movement by standing up and pretending to run, then drawing it in a sketch. Well I hope its better. Right click and press foward to see everything frame by frame

your joint movements in the legs dont seem quite right. the cycle is alright, no missing parts, but fix some of the joint positions.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 12:28:34

At 8/1/05 12:27 PM, dusty_h wrote:
At 8/1/05 12:24 PM, True_Darkness wrote: well, heres a little running sketch I did.

your joint movements in the legs dont seem quite right. the cycle is alright, no missing parts, but fix some of the joint positions.

Well its only a sketch, I see what you mean though. I'm just trying to get how it works exactly, where things go, how the joints move. That way I can redo the templates in my flash ^-^

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 14:09:32

well i did my animatic. it is a mix of what i was doing before then i just started to less animate and do rough motions of what i wanted my characters to do. if i can get in i will no doubt do a major overall on all the animation and movements of my characters. this is my animatic so far

http://img212.images..age=untitled10jp.swf

i have no doubt in my mind that i can do this over better and in more quality stly animation.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 14:15:15

id just suggest adding more animation inbetween all the frames, even towards the beginning in the colored parts. make it as smooth as possible. other than that, looking good.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 14:18:21

i know and i do plan on doing that. that was basiclu my animatic. the reall thing will be far beyond better then that. it was just a quick example of the sequence i plan on useing in the real thing. i am sorta a begininger in the frame by frame motion but i know the basics like walking and fighting. i will start on my full version soon as i can

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 15:07:37

I've worked with frame by frame before, but not much. So far so good though. Will post something here soon so that you can all tell me how to improve.

Everyone has created some great work so far :)

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 15:09:19

Oiii AZTEC

I don't.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 15:45:16

Alright this is the start of the actual animation, when he stops walking that is where the robots foot is going to come slamming into the ground behind him.

I decided to do my part in black in white style.

I might add scratch marks type of things to make it look like an old movie, or something. maybe that is how i will cut off the ending part of where they are just running for 2 seconds, i will make the film fall off the reel effect.

Anyway I think the walking might need a little work it looks a little rough but, tell me what you think.

http://img54.imagesh..tydustyhpart14yf.swf

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 16:21:43

I agree, I think the walking needs work...I'm sure Jack can help you out with that though, it seems he really knows quite a bit about walking and running animations. I also think you should work on the character a bit more too...it looks kind of sloppy. Realism in character design always makes it more dramatic which is probably what you should be going for with something like this.

Oiii AZTEC
I dont

:(

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 16:25:01

At 8/1/05 04:21 PM, -Aztec- wrote:
(

http://www.chatzy.com/497963809311

GO NOW!

I'm on for about a an hour still so we can talk if you are too

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 17:14:50

Jack, me and -snare- talked for a while and decided we'd combine our parts. We came up with a storyline for the two parts together and agreed he'd do the robots and I'd do the guys, then we'd overlay them. Just want to make sure it's alright. So we'd each get 40 seconds of screen time basically...What we thought up is gonna be killer though trust me.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 18:16:02

where is jack at anyway? he is the only one who can tell me if i am allowed to even be in this collab or not.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 18:24:37

At 8/1/05 12:25 PM, dusty_h wrote: a good animation tip that works great for me.. smoke a little weed before you start going. produces a good outcome. oh yes indeed.

Dusty_h... not cool in my book. I went to art school and there was a lot of kids who were like that. I have to say that thier work wasn't as good as the kids who put thier heart into it.

It's like being drunk and telling a joke. usually it's not as funny when you are sober.

I don't condone the ganja... I use to smoke it in college for a while but then I started to feel like I was stupid and stopped. It won't stop you from functioning but it doesn't sharpen your perceptions as much as dull your critical side on your own work.

at least in my opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 18:40:17

At 8/1/05 02:09 PM, sims_freak wrote: well i did my animatic. it is a mix of what i was doing before then i just started to less animate and do rough motions of what i wanted my characters to do. if i can get in i will no doubt do a major overall on all the animation and movements of my characters. this is my animatic so far

http://img212.images..age=untitled10jp.swf

i have no doubt in my mind that i can do this over better and in more quality stly animation.

I think if you can do more frame by frame you will be fine... I'll put you on the list. There are some things that will need work though.

Your character design is pretty rough. I still don't like the inverted right angle for a nose on the guys profile.

I'm sure you will add more frames to your movements. this is an animatic.

Your colors need more work. See how when you turn it to grayscale the only things that pop out at you are the head and the sword. Perhaps thickening the lines and changing the colors on the main character will help you... Though the design overall needs a good overhaul.

Altered Reality Colab

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-01 18:44:00

At 8/1/05 05:14 PM, -Aztec- wrote: Jack, me and -snare- talked for a while and decided we'd combine our parts. We came up with a storyline for the two parts together and agreed he'd do the robots and I'd do the guys, then we'd overlay them. Just want to make sure it's alright. So we'd each get 40 seconds of screen time basically...What we thought up is gonna be killer though trust me.

Yeah that is cool with me. you will get a double credit. Just know since there are two of you working it might be hard to get it to flow. What I would do is both of you start working on the same 5 seconds of the piece... and get it where it is good. Do the whole animation 5 seconds at a time. don't try to do the whole thing seperately and then put them together. I know from expiriance that doesn't work to well.

BBS Signature