00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BigRev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Altered Reality Colab

69,623 Views | 1,732 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-30 22:12:38

Can I please make the menu and stuff if no one has offered allready. I think that I could do a good menu. I'll post a preview when I've got a bit done.

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-30 22:16:27

oops, so sorry! The line i downloaded was 13, and thats the one i want. It says 13_15 and i thot the line was 15. I want 13! thanks, so far mine is going swell, and i DONT use that word a lot hehe.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-30 22:18:47

Sorry my post got bumped its the last post on the previous page.. could anyone comment on my animatic please?

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-30 22:36:38

it looks good. i really lie how you did your animatic.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-30 22:52:03

Heres what I have so far, I still have a wayyys to go but this is how it starts, http://img306.images..robotsketches4em.swf

tell me what you think plz

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-30 23:10:53

i like how you got your dude running in the city but i would like to see your design for the robot

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-30 23:14:23

what he said, only one other thing, fix the loop of the arms swinging, it doesn;t look qquite right

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-30 23:20:04

there seems to be alot of parts but not alot of people joining. what is gonna happen if we get to the date line and we still have missing parts?

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-30 23:32:03

I've got a really cool backdrop for my robot and guy, it's like a warehouse, abandoned heavy industry factory. You get the idea! I'm still working on what part I'll have I'll be back on that one soon. Don't forget to add me!!

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-30 23:45:27

well i know that the dude that started this collab is either at work or asleep so when he gets back i am sure he will update and stuff. if this altered reality project goes well do you think he will start another one?

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-30 23:53:49

At 7/30/05 11:45 PM, sims_freak wrote: well i know that the dude that started this collab is either at work or asleep so when he gets back i am sure he will update and stuff. if this altered reality project goes well do you think he will start another one?

I hope so, his idea was really cool.

I HAVE GOT PART 7!!!!

PART 7 for FlashKid!!!

Almost finished my animate thingy, scetch, whats it's name agin?

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-30 23:55:40

an animatic or storyborad. one of those. yeah i hope he does another

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 00:10:59

Alright then, well heres my Animatic
the start is already Animated so It just cut that out.
http://img305.images..mage=animatic1nn.swf

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 00:18:57

looks good. a hulking robot and a small boy...looks good.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 00:30:35

I hope he gets back on soon so I can talk to him about the setting around the charactors! :(

at one stage it could be on the moon at others In a country farm! That'd be weird!

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 00:39:21

Heres the animation bit at the start you missed if you saw the animatic! http://img301.images..?image=collab2ev.swf

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 02:00:10

sorry but im out, i hate the idea of there being a lot of authors in it, alot of authors = alot of newbs. sorry and bye, unless it changes then contact me.

- Mogly

p.s off topic- wow, theres a site called GoGay.com (or .co.uk ) that is a travel company, what a stupid name to pick.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 02:50:42

At 7/31/05 02:00 AM, Mogly wrote: sorry but im out, i hate the idea of there being a lot of authors in it, alot of authors = alot of newbs. sorry and bye, unless it changes then contact me.

- Mogly

p.s off topic- wow, theres a site called GoGay.com (or .co.uk ) that is a travel company, what a stupid name to pick.

Fine be that way!

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 05:07:42

Flashkid: I checked your work and sure you can be in but can you do frame by frame? I took a look at your animatic... it looks like a good start but the camera shaking is to violent. Tone it down a bit. I know you are doing it for dramatic purposes but you might think about shaking it less and putting some stuff in the movie that shakes and falls over like trash cans or rubble.

True_Darkness: I liked your idea. and that you are going frame by frame. You might make the background more interesting... change the shapes of the buildings and add some atmosphere. Right now as it stands it's a great start. Fix the animation so it is smooth and make it more visually interesting and you will be golden.

sims_freak: I took a look at your NG stuff... ok but not great. Can you show me any frame by frame work or any work that you are really proud of? Post samples here or email me links to them. Thanks.

Mogly: I emailed you, I am going to be pushing to have everyone make this as good as they can. I don't want people to slap some stuff together in 20 min and expect it to be in the collab. So if you are worried about that don't worry, I'm picky when it comes to stuff I would blam being in the collab. Also there are alot of people asking about the amount of spaces and if they can do more than one. FOR NOW JUST DO ONE. But as we go along if the spaces don't fill with good artists I will be giving more time to everyone that wants it. Just right now I'm wanting to give as many quality artists that want to join the chance. You understand right?

dusty_h: Nice animatic. Should work out nicely...

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 05:57:42

At 7/31/05 05:07 AM, JackSmack wrote: Flashkid: I checked your work and sure you can be in but can you do frame by frame? I took a look at your animatic... it looks like a good start but the camera shaking is to violent. Tone it down a bit.

Alright then, It's sort of half and half, parts are frame by frame others are motion:
I've done pretty much everything, all now is to do tweaking, but don't be fooled, this is the hardest bit.

Heres the none tweeked version:

None tweaked

I really really wan't to make the menu!!!
I'll do that now, and then do the tweaking later.
Plenty of time to go!

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 06:05:25

At 7/31/05 05:57 AM, FlashKid wrote:
At 7/31/05 05:07 AM, JackSmack wrote: Flashkid: I checked your work and sure you can be in but can you do frame by frame? I took a look at your animatic... it looks like a good start but the camera shaking is to violent. Tone it down a bit.
Alright then, It's sort of half and half, parts are frame by frame others are motion:
I've done pretty much everything, all now is to do tweaking, but don't be fooled, this is the hardest bit.

Heres the none tweeked version:

None tweaked

I really really wan't to make the menu!!!
I'll do that now, and then do the tweaking later.
Plenty of time to go!

Very nice... good work. You have plenty of time so you should tweek the hell out of it and make it sing. work on the 3d spin a little more it could be really great. Right now it is awesome but raise the bar for yourself.

Go ahead and make a menu if you would like. The only thing is that it will be basicly a play button. and artist bios. Just so you know it might not get used but it might get used... still a long way off from having anything to put into a menu.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 06:50:31

Right well I can't start the menu tonight, It's getting pretty late.
I'll do the menu tommorow then start the tweeking process!
Gnight!

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 07:25:25

/part18_10s.mp3

http://www.jacksmack..ieces/part19_14s.mp3

http://www.jacksmack..ieces/part20_15s.mp3

:: I like the music and took some time to find it and edit it so please if you don't like the music try to tell me in as nice a way as you can.

The reason I changed it is because the other one is over used... StarOgre is right on that one.

I GOT PART 17!!

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 07:38:36

Make sure that when you submit your work in .FLA format that your ENTIRE SUBMISSION is in a Movie Clip that can be transfered to another movie easily.

how do you make it in a movie clip (teh whole movie) or do i just get every object f8 movie clip?

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 07:45:15

i see 17 is take...ill take 5 then

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 07:46:11

At 7/31/05 07:38 AM, paoloproduction wrote:
Make sure that when you submit your work in .FLA format that your ENTIRE SUBMISSION is in a Movie Clip that can be transfered to another movie easily.

Ok make the whole movie in one main movie clip. so I can just take one Movie clip that contains your whole movie when I'm putting them together... that way I don't have to worry about what layers you used or other headaches like that.

you do know that I won't accept video for this right? it has to be flash. that means animated in flash and not some other program then imported.

I'm just checking cause you never answered before.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 08:14:02

At 7/30/05 10:52 PM, True_Darkness wrote: Heres what I have so far, I still have a wayyys to go but this is how it starts, http://img306.images..robotsketches4em.swf

tell me what you think plz

Hey there... I have a little artistic advice again... Just things I've learned over the years that almost everyone overlooks.

Your guy doesn't look like he is running he looks like he is waving his arms on the back of a truck.

I drew this to help you. http://img256.images..mage=runangle8nh.swf

Basicly it adds alot more believability to the run if the character is ballanced right. I'm not doing this to be bitchy or anything I'm just trying to help ya.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 08:17:01

Part1 Dusty_h Animatic
Part2 Not yet Taken No Animatic
Part3 Not yet Taken No Animatic
Part4 -Aztec- Animatic
Part5 paoloproduction No Animatic
Part6 Not yet Taken No Animatic
Part7 FlashKid Animatic
Part8 Mogly No animatic yet
Part9 Not yet Taken No Animatic
Part10 Jacksmack Animatic
Part11 Not yet Taken No Animatic
Part12 l1fty No animatic yet
Part13 True_Darkness Animatic
Part14 Project_Stasis No animatic yet
Part15 Not yet Taken No Animatic
Part16 Not yet Taken No Animatic
Part17 Starogre No animatic yet
Part18 Not yet Taken No Animatic
Part19 Tystarr No animatic yet
Part20 craze3 No animatic yet
Part21 Not yet Taken No Animatic

If this is all messed up looking I'm sorry I'm testing this.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 08:54:58

Everytime I leave this forum for a sec everybody starts writing. Lol, well my animatic will be up soon. I just woke up so wait a few hours. soo....
~Starr Out~

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-07-31 09:07:07

yeah i do know of the video thing