00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BoneMarr0w just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Altered Reality Colab

69,634 Views | 1,732 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 10:34:36

Cool stuff so far guys! Jack's is lookin good :D

I REALLY WISH I COULD WORK ON MINE! oh well..

The walk cycle is pretty good, but you shoulda done it frame by frame :-/

Oh well, still good.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 11:13:09

At 8/3/05 10:34 AM, Starogre wrote: Cool stuff so far guys! Jack's is lookin good :D

I REALLY WISH I COULD WORK ON MINE! oh well..

The walk cycle is pretty good, but you shoulda done it frame by frame :-/

Oh well, still good.

Just because it uses lines and not brush strokes doesnt mean it's not frame by frame. Believe it or not fbf looks alot better with thin lines rather than with uneven brushstrokes if you do it well. I'm pretty sure his is fbf though.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 11:24:02

At 8/3/05 11:13 AM, -Aztec- wrote: Just because it uses lines and not brush strokes doesnt mean it's not frame by frame. Believe it or not fbf looks alot better with thin lines rather than with uneven brushstrokes if you do it well. I'm pretty sure his is fbf though.

Right you are, it is Frame by Frame.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 11:58:43

well, I'm still having trouble with my guy running, sideways and towards the cam, I'll still try but so far things aren't going good :-(

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 12:50:39

FUCK! I was fucking working on my second background and fucking BAM! "flash has perfomed and illegal operation" "debug" "close" So fucking gay. It was about 99% done too and I was about to save it. 2 and a fucking half hours of solid work down the drain. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have to start that whole fucking thing over again! FUCK FUCK FUCK.

P.S. Sorry I was just venting...

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 13:04:49

hey jack, just letting you know im still in. Ill try and get things moving before the deadline.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 13:13:41

At 8/3/05 12:50 PM, -Aztec- wrote: FUCK! I was fucking working on my second background and fucking BAM! "flash has perfomed and illegal operation" "debug" "close" So fucking gay. It was about 99% done too and I was about to save it. 2 and a fucking half hours of solid work down the drain. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have to start that whole fucking thing over again! FUCK FUCK FUCK.

P.S. Sorry I was just venting...

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Something I learnt at college over the past year was to make sure you save atleast every 15 minutes just incase something like that happens. It's a right pain in the arse when it does happen though! I'd work on something else instead and come back to that tomorrow. That way, you aren't spending 5 hours straight on one picture.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 13:18:15

Yea I'm just downloading/listening to music/playing games right now...god it pisses me off though. I just can't work on it right now though.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 14:49:03

At 8/2/05 08:31 PM, -Aztec- wrote:
K.

Here's a car I'll be using...just another progress update...what do you guys think?

Ahh! Hahaha it's not what I was expecting, but much better than what I was expecting so =D

http://www.zippyvide..100309884770835.html

I made that as a beta text drawing thing, I'm gonna do a new robot though

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 14:55:41

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 15:47:29

Tystarr: MSN = Jack@jacksmack.com I had already posted it but it's easy to miss I'm sure. And yes I like the sig. I think it's neat that everyone is taking thier own angle on the sig... works well for "Altered Reality" concept.

Project_Stasis: Your walk cycle looks really good but you have a few small problems. Mainly with the legs. They don't look like they are popping into place. Your arms have pretty good flow only small pop on the back arm when it goes behind him. You are just a few tweeks away from a great walk cycle. If you are stumped on how to fix it you can email me the fla and I'll fix it. It's just a small problem.

True_Darkness: Uh oh. having major problems? You can do it. The first guy you made wasn't badly animated. It was just drawn wierd. show me a drawing of your new character and I'll see if I see any problem areas. If it is a template human and you don't want to do fbf another option is high style tweens. something like this would have an interesting organic feeling. http://img103.images..rsaryanimation7k.swf

Neeko: Good to know you are still interested, You need to pick a part from the list at the bottom of this post... and then post here on the forum what part you want. You got my email with all the details right?

-Aztec-: Been there done that... very agrivating to have Flash do that to you. I learned in college to save often by using an Egg Timer, just the kitchen timer variety. Saving my work and resetting it to 5 min every time it went off. Eventually it just became a habit that I haven't broken. I only used the egg timer for 3 days until I was a saving fiend.

-snare-: You are gonna need to work bigger if you can or at least increase the size of the robot in the movie. Your outlines were way to thick... almost makes him look like a plush toy. I think you can handle it you will just need to put time in and tweek your drawings. Oh yeah, BETA tests are done in the gaming industry, in animation they are just called tests... we could call them Delta Tests or Fi Beta Gamma tests if you like. :P J/K.

------------------------------------------
---------------

Without farther rambling by me... The list.

Part1 Dusty_h Animatic
Part2 Buzzwerd No Animatic Yet
Part3 -Aztec- No Animatic Yet
Part4 -snare- No Animatic Yet
Part5 paoloproduction No Animatic Yet
Part7 FlashKid Animatic
Part10 Jacksmack Animatic
Part11&12 AppleT No Animati Yetc
Part13 True_Darkness Animatic
Part14 Project_Stasis Animatic
Part15 Sims_freak No Animatic Yet
Part17 Starogre No Animatic Yet
Part18 Fafara No Animatic Yet
Part19 Tystarr Animatic
Part20 craze3 No Animatic Yet

If You want to be a part of the collab send me a message here on the forum. Please include samples of your work and the part you would like if you are accepted.

Part6 Not yet Taken No Animatic Music
Part8 Not yet Taken No Animatic Music
Part9 Not yet Taken No Animatic Music
Part16 Not yet Taken No Animatic Music
Part21 Not yet Taken No Animatic Music

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 15:51:08

At 8/3/05 03:47 PM, JackSmack wrote:
-snare-: You are gonna need to work bigger if you can or at least increase the size of the robot in the movie. Your outlines were way to thick... almost makes him look like a plush toy. I think you can handle it you will just need to put time in and tweek your drawings. Oh yeah, BETA tests are done in the gaming industry, in animation they are just called tests... we could call them Delta Tests or Fi Beta Gamma tests if you like. :P J/K.

Ugabuga?

It was gonna be made smaller, in the distance, I enlarged it for the showing TEST

Yeah I'll scetch some more ideas, I did that quickly, I didn't do that much work today

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 15:53:04

At 8/3/05 03:47 PM, JackSmack wrote: -snare-: You are gonna need to work bigger if you can or at least increase the size of the robot in the movie. Your outlines were way to thick... almost makes him look like a plush toy. I think you can handle it you will just need to put time in and tweek your drawings. Oh yeah, BETA tests are done in the gaming industry, in animation they are just called tests... we could call them Delta Tests or Fi Beta Gamma tests if you like. :P J/K.

Just so you know for his purposes that's actually exactly what we needed. He was mainly just showing it to me and trust me it works. You've seen my work I know what's good and that's what it was supposed to be for our purpose of that.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 15:55:42

At 8/3/05 03:53 PM, -Aztec- wrote: Just so you know for his purposes that's actually exactly what we needed. He was mainly just showing it to me and trust me it works. You've seen my work I know what's good and that's what it was supposed to be for our purpose of that.

Well if that's the case it's all good. I'm just saying that if that is the base design of the robot when he is that close to the screen... he looks kinda wierd.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 17:13:35

http://img350.images..image=gurneca6jk.swf

dude here is my pic you asked for

Altered Reality Colab

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 17:17:17

At 8/3/05 03:55 PM, JackSmack wrote:
Well if that's the case it's all good. I'm just saying that if that is the base design of the robot when he is that close to the screen... he looks kinda wierd.

It was more about the turning around I was trying to show

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 17:24:11

At 8/3/05 05:13 PM, RANTish wrote: http://img350.images..image=gurneca6jk.swf

dude here is my pic you asked for

Thanks, you can have part 16 not bad for 30 min work there bud. I'll give you a shot. You are on the list now.

------------------------------------------
----------

Part1 Dusty_h Animatic
Part2 Buzzwerd No Animatic Yet
Part3 -Aztec- No Animatic Yet
Part4 -snare- No Animatic Yet
Part5 paoloproduction No Animatic Yet
Part7 FlashKid Animatic
Part10 Jacksmack Animatic
Part11&12 AppleT No Animati Yetc
Part13 True_Darkness Animatic
Part14 Project_Stasis Animatic
Part15 Sims_freak No Animatic Yet
Part16 RANTish No Animatic Yet
Part17 Starogre No Animatic Yet
Part18 Fafara No Animatic Yet
Part19 Tystarr Animatic
Part20 craze3 No Animatic Yet

If You want to be a part of the collab send me a message here on the forum. Please include samples of your work and the part you would like if you are accepted.

Part6 Not yet Taken No Animatic Music
Part8 Not yet Taken No Animatic Music
Part9 Not yet Taken No Animatic Music
Part21 Not yet Taken No Animatic Music

Only 4 Parts left... -Neeko- you still need to call your part...

Anyone else is welcome too! Click the music links to listen to what is available.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 17:26:41

EVERYONE! I need those animatics. I can't even tell if you guys are started or not with them. Either post your links on here or EMAIL me the links at jack@jacksmack.com

Trust me it will be used. not only will it help you make a better final product but I'm going to include the animatic in a special feature on the movie where people can see the collab in animatic. Come on guys.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 17:36:19

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 17:38:56

At 8/3/05 05:36 PM, RANTish wrote: http://img13.imagesh..image=gurneca5vz.swf

this is my animatic

I would have the guy look over his sholder and when the cymbol crash... schoooo..... in the beat I would have that be the explosion in slow mo.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 18:39:02

I really like the menu for this collab. it looks pretty cool http://www.newground..m/portal/view/255817

Perhaps we can do something even more kickass.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 19:54:23

If you need any help with it, Jack, i can do some scripting and design and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 20:00:21

For the menu I was thinking about having a robot hanging on a wall and as the movie loads he powers up. then at the end have him jump down and punch the camera cracking the screen.

Then the menu loads. It doesn't have to be the cracked screen. but I thought that up the preloader.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 20:07:23

sweet

Altered Reality Colab

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 20:41:31

Project stasis do you have MSN or AOL? Contact me. MSN = jack@jacksmack.com AOL = jacksmackcom

Thanks I want to point out what was wrong with your animation. nothing major just stuff you overlooked.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 21:05:35

At 8/3/05 08:41 PM, JackSmack wrote: Project stasis do you have MSN or AOL? Contact me. MSN = jack@jacksmack.com AOL = jacksmackcom

Thanks I want to point out what was wrong with your animation. nothing major just stuff you overlooked.

Just so everyone knows... he asked me to take a look. I'm not being an ass on my own. :) Anyway Project Stasis drop me a line.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 21:11:57

yea...Jack can you tell me when you're online on MSN cuz I just tried and my message didn't go through. Just message me when you can. I'm Tystarr2k5@hotmail.com . I'm online 24/7.
~Starr Out~

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-03 22:59:02

At 8/3/05 09:11 PM, Tystarr wrote: yea...Jack can you tell me when you're online on MSN cuz I just tried and my message didn't go through. Just message me when you can. I'm Tystarr2k5@hotmail.com . I'm online 24/7.
~Starr Out~

Sorry, I had it set to appear offline... should have still come through though...

Seacrest... out.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-04 00:24:04

hey jack that lil thing i did was my animatic..just to flashy for my own good.
so you can use that and fill it in for the missig space next to my name. i think the link was on page 6 or 7

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-04 00:33:57

300 posts!!!!

Yeah sims I'll look for it.

BBS Signature