00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tang-tations just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Altered Reality Colab

69,888 Views | 1,732 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-11-04 14:45:08

i would love to help with any graphics for the menu you need

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-11-04 23:51:46

At 11/4/05 06:16 AM, Starogre wrote: Ramses, you'll have to resend it to me in MX format please.

Crappers, the camera does not work with MX format. I'll go re-tween 2 spots manually tomarrow and send it over.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-11-05 00:31:40

I'll be sending both parts in now, we might have to make a thread at NG collabs to get more ppl incase we're short...

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-11-05 17:16:19

Well Starogre and I just got flash 8 so there should be no problem with file submission formats anymore, flash 8 can handle all of them. I'll be doing the menu in flash 8 too, it's got some neat effects! But Rawr if you want to help with some art for the menu, your more than welcome too.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-11-05 21:50:05

At 11/5/05 05:16 PM, dusty_h wrote: Well Starogre and I just got flash 8 so there should be no problem with file submission formats anymore, flash 8 can handle all of them. I'll be doing the menu in flash 8 too, it's got some neat effects! But Rawr if you want to help with some art for the menu, your more than welcome too.

Do you have any suggestions, I'm pretty good at the whole techy sorta thing in photoshop. So let me know, I'll see what i can do.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-11-06 20:31:58

At 11/5/05 05:16 PM, dusty_h wrote: Well Starogre and I just got flash 8 so there should be no problem with file submission formats anymore, flash 8 can handle all of them. I'll be doing the menu in flash 8 too, it's got some neat effects! But Rawr if you want to help with some art for the menu, your more than welcome too.

I don't have flash 8 YET! I'm having computer installation wizard problems with the flash 8 demo. Once my dad has time, he'll fix it. THEN i will have flash 8...

mwahaha

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-11-10 21:30:10

At 11/6/05 08:31 PM, Starogre wrote: I don't have flash 8 YET! I'm having computer installation wizard problems with the flash 8 demo. Once my dad has time, he'll fix it. THEN i will have flash 8...

Yeah I did too, I just had to download an update for it and it worked.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-11-14 21:33:34

Bump*

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-11-14 22:35:58

nice bump, what happend to this, did it just die, is jack almost done with that tournament, it feels like he fell off the face of the earth

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-11-15 18:04:45

So uhh... Can you give us the info on the progress of the collab, Starogre? I'd appreciate it if you made some sort of list telling us what you need, or want us to do, cuz it seems to be going a little slow lately. Just let us know, I'm sure we'd all be glad to help finish this thing.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-11-15 18:16:55

sorry i havent posted in a while, im still in though.

is there some kinda updated list?

im having troubles with my PC with flash on. it lags a lot as its kinda old, and flash likes to crash. i'll send the .Fla to my laptop, and then continue on it this Monday (updating PC to xp on the weekend, then hanging with mate)

this is gunna be crazy when its finally released. i think we should hold on though once we have the finished thing and update it a little, say add to parts that could be better etc.

i usually hate collabs, and would hate to come off as a hypocrite after criticizing so many of them.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-11-15 20:14:02

Well I started on the menu. Rawr, I am gonna send you an email of something you can help me out with.

As far as I know, Jack hasn't sent anything to StarOgre yet and fell off the face of the earth again, so we all have to send StarOgre our parts. If you can send him both your part AND your animatic file, do that, because one of the extra features of the movie was going to be an option to watch the movie in animatic form. If there are any other little extra's or outtakes you would like to be included in the extra's send those also. The more, the better. Any cool graphics, sig pics, wallpapers, behind the scene type of stuff, like author commentary on the collab and the parts, snapshots of storyboards, and any information about yourself you might like to have included in the bio section. That is optional though, for otherwise I will just use information from your NG profile. You can send all of this crap to me, since I'm making the menu I'll be compiling all of that shit. dustoe@gmail.com

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-05 20:55:47

so.... uhh... any updates or anything? Been very very slow lately

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-05 21:01:33

lately, like maby no posts fer like a month. lets get this shit goen!!!

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-06 02:51:37

I sent all my parts in a while ago, the collab has lots of good parts done. So it'd be a pitty for it to keep dieing like this... How many parts have actully been put in so far?

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-06 03:55:23

At 12/6/05 02:51 AM, FlashKid wrote: I sent all my parts in a while ago, the collab has lots of good parts done. So it'd be a pitty for it to keep dieing like this... How many parts have actully been put in so far?

Last time I checked, starogre's flash version was too low to open most of the files. Dunno whats going on now.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-10 17:32:11

Ill contact dusty about it.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-10 17:42:15

Is there anyone missing from this list?

Ill try and contact JS too. He still posts on the forums.

Part1 ART_TRON 19 seconds
Part2 RamsesThePigeon No Animatic Yet 20 seconds
Part3 NOT TAKEN No Animatic 20 seconds
Part4 Wogoat 20 seconds
Part5 animatorjones 15 seconds
Part6 MC_Booga 15 seconds
Part7 FlashKid
Part8 Mogly 15 seconds
Part9 Astropuff 20 seconds
Part10 Jacksmack 20 seconds
Part11&12 RAWR_Drawings 10+10 seconds
Part13 NOT TAKEN 15 seconds
Part14 Fierras No Animatic Yet 15 seconds
Part15 BrandonPClark No Animatic yet 15 seconds
Part16 RANTish 10 seconds
Part17 Starogre 15 seconds
Part18 Dusty_h No Animatic Yet 10 seconds
Part19 Tystarr 14 seconds
Part20 NOT TAKEN No Animatic 15 seconds
Part21 -Neeko- 20 seconds

Anyone added on, please post up.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-15 17:24:45

Ok. So far, I am done with a lot of the stressful workings i have been working on... >_>

So anway...I'm back in this and I think we can still complete this thing. I will try and make a list of files and such/parts for people, soon, so that we can all see where we stand progress of the collab.

I think this thing can be beautiful once done, but some people have to finish yet.

I'll post a list ASAP.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-15 18:28:12

This is my updated list. (Using neeko's edited one a bit)

Part1 ART_TRON HAVE
Part2 RamsesThePigeon HAVE
Part3 NOT TAKEN No Animatic 20 seconds - EMPTY! TAKE IT!
Part4 Wogoat 20 seconds - haven't heard anything from this guy for awhile
Part5 animatorjones 15 seconds - it's finished but haven't gotten the file yet
Part6 MC_Booga HAVE
Part7 FlashKid HAVE
Part8 Mogly 15 seconds - seen and has started something.
Part9 Astropuff HAVE
Part10 Jacksmack 20 seconds - he hasn't finished his own part yet from what he sent
Part11&12 RAWR_Drawings HAVE
Part13 NOT TAKEN 15 seconds - EMPTY! TAKE IT!
Part14 Fierras No Animatic Yet 15 seconds - seen 'half animatic, half movie'
Part15 BrandonPClark HAVE
Part16 RANTish HAVE
Part17 Starogre HAVE
Part18 Dusty_h HAVE
Part19 Tystarr 14 seconds - has started and is currently working on it more
Part20 NOT TAKEN No Animatic 15 seconds - EMPTY! TAKE IT!
Part21 -Neeko- HAVE

Like I said, i think, I don't have or know anything about animatics at this point but don't really care, as long as I get everyone's finished movies first.

And also, filler. I have one filler submission from Astropuff. (The robot crashing the door.)

I believe Flashkid also did a filler part of some sort. I don't have that one though.

Get anything you have that is not on the list in fast!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-15 19:58:36

I have got a hold of Jack.

He says for me to keep collecting, and he'll be finishing up his piece while doing so.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-15 20:01:47

awsome how

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-15 20:03:30

Through email...Finally...

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-15 20:35:52

Hi everyone sorry I've been hard to get a hold of. Working my ass off lately... I'm trying to make some money in other ways to free up some time so I'm going to be on more.

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-15 21:52:13

OMFG, YOURE BACK MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-16 15:15:17

I got TOXICBOMB to take part 3.

So right now parts 13 and 20 are still available.

JOIN NOW!

seriously =_=

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-16 17:39:58

Buzzwerd is trying out part 13, so 20 is still up for grabs.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-16 18:55:16

GET SQUEEZY

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-16 21:20:23

I think all the parts are full already. I'm thinking about putting the last part full of filler that we do. I think it will look better, especially being at the end of the movie.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-16 22:02:11

Yippee! Now that this thing is back up and running, I got in the spirit and made a filler. It's very *graphic intesive* for a 5sec. clip but you may like it. Also, I used flash 8 effects in it, so I'm not sure if that will go down well for starogre. I still have Flash MX 2004, so I can convert it into that if that helps. Gimme some input, I'll change something if you want me to.

Mech Filler