00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

stupidvampire just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

424,441 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-06 20:19:21

At 2/6/05 05:55 PM, Tombulgius wrote: If some gang came up to me, I would use a technique that I can actually do. (Run away:))

You know that actually is a style of fighting to that. If you are outnumbered run. Now you must be faster than the pursuers to work. When you get far enough stop the fastest one will get to you first. He will be the toughest one most likely. Take him out then keep running. Stop again get the next person to go after you take him out. Keep doing this till you win or lose. Entirely depends on you.

I took up kenjutsu for self-confidence.....every time one of my parent laughs at me trying it, I just try harder. If you've actually got anyone trying to hurt you, self-defence is good....but as someone said, you don't learn it to lower your ability to hurt. Even if I claim my kenjutsu to be based on self-confidence, I'm still essentially teaching myself how to kill people.

I do tae kwon do strictly as a self defense but i still know how to kill in many ways. I know ways to cripple, paralyze, stun, dramatically weaken, and kill but i would only use them in diar needs. And if your parents laugh ask if you can practice with them ;)

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-06 21:46:35

At 2/2/05 08:52 PM, dsmking wrote:
At 2/2/05 06:35 PM, nr5714k wrote: well anyways he said that since we had no money and didnt want us to get hurt in the future he would teach us for free. he was pretty cool to he was pretty much my dad untill I was adopted. and afterwards he was still a very good freind and still is to this day.
You know i actually talked to my Master about stuff like that. I was thinking one day how some kids would never be able to do stuff like that. So i asked him if we could go to orphanages and homeless shelters to teach tae kwon do. He said we could but we still need to get the school back in order after we moved. I cant wait till we can though.

hey thanks for givin kids that are in the same position that I was a chance man, tell your sensai I said thanks too.

but thats kinda an interesting story that you have its kinda funny to man, if some shit like that woulda happend at my junior high when I was a kid sombody probablly woulda got jumped just for bein stupid... that would still be funny to watch though see some scrawny kid jump up after hitting his head on a table cuss out the kid that put him there and then chase him down. lol

Note: I didnt go to a public or private school, when I was in Jr high I was in Juvie. not 6th grade but 7th and 8th and part of 9th

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-06 21:58:35

At 2/3/05 02:21 PM, -PelvicThrust- wrote: Haha I have been to several Tae Kwon Do clubs, and I've defeated their "Masters". My favourite is when then move up to me with their arms pointed down covering their torso and I punch them in the head, then they say "Hey your not aloud to do that!" Wow what a genuine martial art that is.

hey everybody sorry for the double post but I have to say somthing, lood dude I have been in TKD for 10 1/2 years now and I would probablly kick your ass without even using my skills because I am 6"9' and 335 lbs so if you were to fight me go on and try to punch me in the head I would just grab you by the neck and pop you like a fucking pimple you little asshole. and I am also a blackbelt in Jui Jitsu and just received my black in Shoto Kan (I do Shoto Kan just for fun) so as much as a bad ass warior you think you are I would still crush you with brute strength and unparalelled techniqe. so please do yourself and every bode else a favore and DROP THIS NOW YOU LITTLE PRICK. ok?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-06 22:21:02

At 2/6/05 05:55 PM, Tombulgius wrote: If some gang came up to me, I would use a technique that I can actually do. (Run away:))

I took up kenjutsu for self-confidence.....every time one of my parent laughs at me trying it, I just try harder. If you've actually got anyone trying to hurt you, self-defence is good....but as someone said, you don't learn it to lower your ability to hurt. Even if I claim my kenjutsu to be based on self-confidence, I'm still essentially teaching myself how to kill people.

dude if im about to get jumped, since im in the reseerves I am aloud to cary a fire arm on me. and where I live it is legal to shoot sombody if you think your life is in danger, therefore I would just pull out my beretta and shoot one of them in the foot and if they started firing back I would simply kill them all as best I could. (im not saying it would be a gimmie kill im just saying chances are there would only be two or three so I would probablly easilly win... well the super bowl half time show is over so Im sighning off for a few hours

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-07 11:49:07

At 2/6/05 10:21 PM, nr5714k wrote:
...and where I live it is legal to shoot sombody if you think your life is in danger, therefore I would just pull out my beretta and shoot...

You tell that to the judge and jury.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-07 14:10:59

Half an hour ago i finished my test.
Im a blue belt now :P

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-07 15:04:34

At 2/7/05 02:10 PM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: Half an hour ago i finished my test.
Im a blue belt now :P

Congrats, dude!
But still...

Martial Arts Club

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-07 15:06:19

That picture showed up alittle lame...
Here...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/Lethality/akardhund.jpg

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-07 15:10:22

At 2/7/05 03:06 PM, Letahlity wrote: That picture showed up alittle lame...
Here...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/Lethality/akardhund.jpg

OMG if so, thx btw, *runs in circle*
By the time i get to the army i might immated being a black belt ^__^

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-07 15:30:54

At 2/7/05 03:10 PM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: OMG if so, thx btw, *runs in circle*
By the time i get to the army i might immated being a black belt ^__^

What country's army?
I'm drafting to the swedish military when the time comes, but sweden's so-called military force is really quite pathetic.
But it's something allright.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-07 20:45:40

Well I know i haven't posted here in very long time but im so happy i won in a fight today at my school it only lasted 10 second but it was fun I got the asshole down with like 12 punches and I only got punched twice!!!!. You guy's probelly do not care but im happy that guy desevered it.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-07 21:24:15

To camel congrats on your blue belt, keep on going or ill jump you.

To leth your an asshole and nothing but dog food ;p

To pie pie or whatever the hell your name is now....... we still hate you;p. Welcome back and junk. Always one of the favorites. YOu want your position back as village idiot

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-08 01:11:40

At 2/7/05 03:30 PM, Letahlity wrote: What country's army?

Israel. Sux. Indeed. I know O_o

I'm drafting to the swedish military when the time comes, but sweden's so-called military force is really quite pathetic.
But it's something allright.

Well, as long as wars wont be while im in the army it'll be just fine :P

At 2/7/05 09:24 PM, dsmking wrote: To camel congrats on your blue belt, keep on going or ill jump you.

Yay, thanks! ;P

To leth your an asshole and nothing but dog food ;p

I need to bring food and drinks so that everyone will eat and drink because i have a blue belt. On thursday :P

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-08 01:53:51

At 2/8/05 01:11 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: Israel. Sux. Indeed. I know O_o

Ohh, hardcore, man!
There's alot of good people coming out of middle-eastern countries for alot of reasons.
Hardship and whatsoever. You appreciate life abit more.
I could need that right now.

Well, as long as wars wont be while im in the army it'll be just fine :P

Yeah :P
Every generation of soldiers must think that :P
But then again, we must prepare ourselfs for it.
Be men of the old school who won't be useless when war breaks out.
We are fighting to protect something, right?

I need to bring food and drinks so that everyone will eat and drink because i have a blue belt. On thursday :P

Tough luck. As long as you don't have to clean up afterwards... it's your blue belt after all :)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-08 02:42:24

At 2/8/05 01:53 AM, Letahlity wrote: We are fighting to protect something, right?

Im not sure what.
Something like 'country' hmm.. dont remmember much ;D

Tough luck. As long as you don't have to clean up afterwards... it's your blue belt after all :)

Haha, well i hope ppl will help :P

Oh yes, i wanted to start Kung-Fu, so i told my teacher, and he said thats mostly ppl arent starting two ways before black belt, not to get mixed..
I totally understand, altough the Kung-Fu teacher said he's actually teaching THE SHAOLIN KUNG FU WAY!! If it would be Chi-Gung, i am just gonna snap O:O

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-08 06:50:22

At 2/7/05 09:24 PM, dsmking wrote:

. YOu want your position back as village idiot

sure why not at least people will remember me and I visted the boards and man does that hurt your eye's.... well my name is now ROSSI now I think it is better than Pie. Glad to be back

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-08 14:41:13

At 2/8/05 02:42 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: Im not sure what.
Something like 'country' hmm.. dont remmember much ;D

A country is just a piece of land in the end... important for goverments, but not for us. It's the people that makes the country.

Haha, well i hope ppl will help :P

Never trust "people"... >:(

Oh yes, i wanted to start Kung-Fu, so i told my teacher, and he said thats mostly ppl arent starting two ways before black belt, not to get mixed..

So they teach more then one style at your school or something?

I totally understand, altough the Kung-Fu teacher said he's actually teaching THE SHAOLIN KUNG FU WAY!! If it would be Chi-Gung, i am just gonna snap O:O

I don't know, I don't think the McDojo's have spread all the way to Israel, doubtly that it would pay off anyway, but hey, if it's the real thing... more power to you.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-08 15:02:25

At 2/6/05 10:57 AM, Letahlity wrote:
At 2/5/05 03:11 PM, MasterStalker wrote: Actually I dont want a law suit because a dude tried to hit me so I broke both of his arms and a rib. Besides, most grapples tend to be submissions. I'm pretty sure Submissions are painful if applied properly.
Well, if you're the mad dog you claim to be, you should manage if you broke both of the guy's arms.
But then again, fluke here, fluke there.
There's something in martial arts for everyone.

Actually I tried to do some shit from a movie and screwed up horribly. Besides one arm was "fractured" not broken. personally I think they're similar enough to both be considered broken. A cup is never fractured, its broken sam rule should apply to body parts.

And no adrenaline isnt always that good. When your adrenaline is pumping you can go full out and not feel a thing until its over. Its a whole nother story when it hits you all at once.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-08 17:40:04

At 2/8/05 02:42 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote:
At 2/8/05 01:53 AM, Letahlity wrote:

I had a friend in gym class last year who took Shao-Lin! He was awesome. He kept sneaking up on me and attacking me. He told me some cool stuff, like about how he was taught temperature control for his body.

The year before that I had a black belt Tae Kwon Do friend in gym. (figures. there are some really young Tae Kwon Do blackbelts out there)

And this year I have a tier-3 blue-belt Ninjitsu friend in gym. He plays ping-pong with true reverse-grip :).

What's next, an Aikido friend?!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-08 21:31:26

At 2/8/05 06:50 AM, ROSSI wrote:
sure why not at least people will remember me and I visted the boards and man does that hurt your eye's.... well my name is now ROSSI now I think it is better than Pie. Glad to be back

I liked pie better. Just was a cool name. Well i could change your name on the forums to whatever for you just say the word.

As to camel wanting to do kung fu. Thats cool and all and your master is totally right, not good to do more than one style at a time. For all you new members if you want can you put a link of this club in your sig. Totally optional. And if you want i can put you on our site. Its in semis sig. Also sign up for the forums outisde of ng... also in semis sig. And go to chatzy are chatroom, also and semis sig. So ya

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-09 03:34:02

hey, cool. another one with shaolin kung fu :)
I just got myself started yesterday... and this was tough. If not to say one of the toughest trainings I ever had. But not as tough though as I prepared for recruitement for the USMC (I didn't sign in yet, because of my two cousins who signed up were sent immediately to Iraq (of course after passing basic training).. and well. That's not for what I wanna die for, I certainly must say..).
Anyways, no doubt he's authentic, because proof remains on his site online with displayed pics showing his master in the shaolin temple and practicing with monks and his master and him together on other pics.

But one thing really irritated me.. I don't know what attitude the higher graded monks in China have... but this guy has a really cocky one. And he's 'only' the master student.. I'm really curious how his master (Huang Carlos Aguilar) is like.
But this really bothered me, because I know from Tae Kwon Do as a teacher there's nothing more wrong than looking down on your students or wearing the nose so high that you gotta watch out that it dos not rain.. and/or giving them the impression that you're the best and they can't even see the land with a telescope. Not right to me. But maybe the Chinese mentally is different? Well, there's a little chance I could imagine that they give you indeed a tough time in the shaolin temple I mean in the attitude way. But hm.. playing this Mr. Bigstuff is shit *lol* Isn't it the thing that when you're able to do a lot of stuff you don't need attitude anymore?.. Well, for sure. One time, when I'll have the 2nd master's degree in shaolin kung fu, I won't bother anyone with attitude ;) promise :D

Nevertheless, it was quite fun and really exhausting (if running is a welcomed 'pause' then you can say you had some wicked training *lol). I think that's the only reason I'll stick up with them, I mean.. the fun part. Those movements are really something complete different than TKD. I mean sure, you see it when you watch movies and stuff.. but you really get into a complete different feeling when performing them. Amazing. And yeah, amazing that I need a new pair of foot soles, cause there are rubbed off *ouch... hurt hurt

+++
Another thing. I wanted to start off with Capoeira, too. But I came to my conclusion, that's no style for me. I was annoyed of being the whole time bended. Sure, the acrobatics are cool, but crawling around on the floor... Ok ok ok.. I take that back, the crawling ;) But the bending nevertheless is the big thing and I don't feel comfortable with it. I guess, I'm too used with the upright standing from TKD, kickboxing, dim mak and stuff.
What do you guys think about Capoeira?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-09 03:51:37

oh yeah... and carmelhadinosaur, congratulations on your blue belt :)

I remember how happy I was when I got mine.. to me that was something like: hey cool, I made it beyond the beginners =)

so have a great party! enjoy it, cheers ;)

and btw... you should not say that your country sux! I mean you want to get into the army there, so you seem to stand for it and are ready to give your life for it.. obviously, for you, your country rules and what other people think is beyond 2nd place, don't be afraid of bad comments 'cause there are lots of idiots that even don't know what they're talking about. so, no 'it sux, indeed, i know'.. otherwise I really would advise you not to get into the army there.. 'cause why getting killed for a thing I find that sux? ;)

+++

and before I forget again.. thanks dmsking for the great feedback :)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-09 04:21:32

At 2/8/05 02:41 PM, Letahlity wrote: So they teach more then one style at your school or something?

Nope, but im sure that if, lets say, you're 30 years in a martial art, you wont be in only one, that would be pretty ummm.... well i dunno but umm no idea 8-{

I don't know, I don't think the McDojo's have spread all the way to Israel, doubtly that it would pay off anyway, but hey, if it's the real thing... more power to you.

Im not sure what exactly is the name of the martial art, but on friday im going to see a practice (two hours) :P

At 2/8/05 05:40 PM, Tombulgius wrote: I had a friend in gym class last year who took Shao-Lin! He was awesome. He kept sneaking up on me and attacking me. He told me some cool stuff, like about how he was taught temperature control for his body.

Hehe, i have two doucomentry movies on my computer and saw more on TV, so i know pretty much about the Shaolin ^______^
They're doing such cool stuff :P

The year before that I had a black belt Tae Kwon Do friend in gym. (figures. there are some really young Tae Kwon Do blackbelts out there)

I hope i'll be a black belt at the end of 12th grade. Is it young to be a black belt in 12th grade? :P

And this year I have a tier-3 blue-belt Ninjitsu friend in gym. He plays ping-pong with true reverse-grip :).

Whats tier? :P

What's next, an Aikido friend?!

A Shaolin monk friend (;)

At 2/8/05 09:31 PM, dsmking wrote: As to camel wanting to do kung fu. Thats cool and all and your master is totally right, not good to do more than one style at a time.

He said that you need a base in one so you wont mix both before a base (base = black belt :P).

At 2/9/05 03:51 AM, BeserkerHaeschn wrote: oh yeah... and carmelhadinosaur, congratulations on your blue belt :)

Yay thanks! ;D

I remember how happy I was when I got mine.. to me that was something like: hey cool, I made it beyond the beginners =)

OMG im beta! ;P

so have a great party! enjoy it, cheers ;)

Cool

and btw... you should not say that your country sux! I mean you want to get into the army there, so you seem to stand for it and are ready to give your life for it.. obviously, for you, your country rules and what other people think is beyond 2nd place, don't be afraid of bad comments 'cause there are lots of idiots that even don't know what they're talking about. so, no 'it sux, indeed, i know'.. otherwise I really would advise you not to get into the army there.. 'cause why getting killed for a thing I find that sux? ;)

Yeah.. you're right... i might be a worse soldier if i will be like 'damn why am i even doing this' or something... :P
Thanks! I hope in 4 years it'll all be just fine :D

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-09 04:33:56

hooray hooray, another post from me. man, that was a long time since I've been posting ;P I tought, I didn't write enough, so here's more *lol*

no, actually, I forgot something. I wanted to comment on mixing up styles.

I don't think, you've to wait until you have you black belt, because first of all, there are soooooo many martial artists (sounds funny *gg) who have high ranks in different kind of styles.. so, if they hadn't started almost simultan, they couldn't be 25-30 and have master ranks in 3,4,5,7,8,9 (.. joking on the last numbers *oh ho ho.. sorry, I'm totally tired and actually go to sleep!) different kinds of styles. And second, I believe there's maybe a chance in mixing up with similar styles like TKD and Karate or so. Or muay thai and kickboxing... McDonald's and Burgerking. You know? And anyways.. being in different classes, you never have the same people around you. maybe same teacher, but different people. So, it's a different setting and you might connect these people (partners) with your techniques. And every martial art has it's own feeling. And you probably won't mix up Kung Fu with karate or TKD, because of really different (starting) positions..

well, and the commands or technique's names... same as making mixing up mistakes in only one style. As me, the first few times in TKD chaimiungchingchong .. it all sounded the same *LOL* "now we chingchongMcCheese" "and then do the kyungchongCheeseburger"... geez, I guess, I'm hungry..
just try, and you'll see :)

good night or morning or whatsoever!!! :)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-09 05:35:32

Mmmm.. Cheeseburger....
*cough* werent we're talking bout it?
.. oh yes, we were actually talking about mixing martial arts :O

Anyways, my martial art is Krav Maga - an israeli way to protect yourself on the street, or atleast, that's the purpose of it..
It doesnt have any greatly philosophy on it, its like Mui Thai, i think...
So learning Kung-Fu at the same time can cause lots of confusing due to the long difference between the two...

Anyways, its noon here, but goodnight!

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-09 17:36:31

hey guy's I need you advice in purchasing some items for this indian guy
he has numb chucks, 2 small swords that look like thigns to poke stuff with don't know what it is called and a steel toe tip thingy to put on my shoes so I can kick people.

Which one do you think is worth it I really want those numb chucks just the name makes you want to by them and does anyone know if numb chucks are easy to use????

He also has knives and such but I already ahve those.....

Your suggestions anyone...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-09 18:24:50

At 2/9/05 04:21 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote:
Whats tier? :P

A generic term mean t to mean "level" or "rank". My friend is an advanced blue belt in ninjitsu. Belts in Ninjitsu have 3 level, and he is level 3 in blue.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-09 20:58:10

Okay let me get started.

Berserker
I agree with the not getting a fat head thing. I also teach so i know from watching other people that getting a fat head makes it hard to teach. My master says that all the time to me and other instructors. The reason that one master had a fat head was cause he is just retarded. He'll probably stay that rank until he realizes that

To piepie
I wouldnt buy swords so get the chucks. But you should learn how to properly use them if you are gonna get them.

To camel.
I dont like my country either. America has to many problems. Well i should say the goverment. Same with all goverments. This is an observation by me. We judge another nation by its rulers but we forget that just cause they run the country doesnt mean that the people are the same way. To leth and beserker, nr, when you see america on the news do you think we are all crazy people who fight unjust wars. That doesnt mean all americans are.
Here is another thing i hate wars. They are fighting and dying for the few who ordered them to fight not their ideals. Then innocent people end up dying on both sides because of the goverment, and those innocents include soldiers. I know my words are a little confusing right now but im kinda tired so ill explain later

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-09 21:18:49

At 2/9/05 05:36 PM, ROSSI wrote: hey guy's I need you advice in purchasing some items for this indian guy
he has numb chucks, 2 small swords that look like thigns to poke stuff with don't know what it is called and a steel toe tip thingy to put on my shoes so I can kick people.

Which one do you think is worth it I really want those numb chucks just the name makes you want to by them and does anyone know if numb chucks are easy to use????

He also has knives and such but I already ahve those.....

Your suggestions anyone...

Umm.....since I'm kenjutsu, I'd go with the swords......ask him what kind. If they are wakizashi, buying them would be good. If they are Kodachi, tachi, or tantos, it depends on if you like long daggers and that type of thing. The nunchaku are probably really hard to handle. Don't kid yoursef with those things, hitting yourself will probably happen more than hitting anything else if you are untrained with them.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-02-09 21:26:33

At 2/9/05 09:18 PM, Tombulgius wrote:
Umm.....since I'm kenjutsu, I'd go with the swords......ask him what kind. If they are wakizashi, buying them would be good. If they are Kodachi, tachi, or tantos, it depends on if you like long daggers and that type of thing. The nunchaku are probably really hard to handle. Don't kid yoursef with those things, hitting yourself will probably happen more than hitting anything else if you are untrained with them.

Since you are new you dont know dante or whatever his name is now. He is really well stupid :p and shouldnt be trusted with sharp objects. Let alone dull ones. So i would rather have him have numchucks

BBS Signature