00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tdpreston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

422,759 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-05 15:09:11

Satanic Samurai...how extensive is you Wing Chun knowledge and backgroun?

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-05 15:11:20

At 7/5/06 01:24 PM, thedarkeye wrote: dude
i love martial arts
but have no idea where to get lessons if you live around wolverhampton please tell me a good place to learn martial arts
thanks

Dude, I love martial arts too :P

I think it's great you want to take lessons and we should be able to recomend a style but first a question:

Why do you want to take martial arts, or better yet, which of the following best describes why you want to take martial arts? Do you want to learn how to defend yourself? Do you want to compete someday? Do you want to do it for the spiritual aspect? Do you want to be a teenage mutant ninga turtle?

Also, your profile says 'n,england' which tells me 'New England', however the only Wolverhampton I could find was in Great Britian England, by Birmingham, is this where you're talking about or is there another Wolverhampton in the USA that I can't find?

--------------

Yay, Satans back!
I'll let someone else fill you in on all the juicy details, it's not pretty.

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I just thought you all should know :)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-05 15:43:42

Cool club, iv been taking Tae Kwon do for about 5 years and have earned a 1st degree black belt.

Projekt Rev '07 - Be there

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-05 19:52:10

To: Theban -

Happy to help as much as I can. And yes, you should treat every knifer as though he is experienced. Simply by looking at someone or, how they hold the knife, tells you nothing of their experience level. (I want to deal with the points and questions you raised in your last post about knifers. But I will soon post a quick reference guide to the most common types of knifers that someone is likely to encounter. Believe it or not, skill-level is not the most dangerous aspect of dealing with a knifer).

Regarding your first question: An experienced knifer will NOT take an exaggerated, downward swing; such as the one you described. His movements will be in-close and very tight. He'll generally prefer a stabbing-motion, rather than one designed to cut. Why? Because he knows, from experience, that a cut or slash tends to be shallow and therefore, surviveable...... even if it seems a lot of blood is lost. (That's the weird thing, a deep and fatal puncture wound may appear tiny or insignificant, from the outside, with VERY little blood-loss. [Usually as the flesh closes around such a wound easily]. But the person bleeds to death, internally. A cut that produces a great deal of blood, might not be life-threatening. Cut someone across the forehead, there'll be a ton of blood, but it's a completely non-lethal part of the body).

But let's say an inexperienced knifer tries such a swing, stepping TOWARDS a knifer is never a good idea! Keep in mind, he's still got another hand! His free-hand (opposite from the one holding the knife) can pose a real threat. I'm surprised that a lot of schools never bother to take into account a knifer's free-hand. He WILL hit you with it! He swings, he misses with the knife, you take a step in...... and he nails you with his fisted free-hand. Very easy to do, if your concentration is on his weapon-hand. NEVER step TOWARDS a knifer. You want to use a technique that will help you to increase your distance from him, by as much as possible.

Keep your belt on! Chances are, you're not wearing a pair of really tight-fitting pants that would cause your belt to just be a fashion accessory. Fighting off a knifer with one hand, while holding onto your pants with the other = Very bad tactic. Also there's a very simple defense against someone who uses a belt. Stick out the arm of your free-hand up, bend at the elbow, wait for the guy with the belt to swing it, let it wrap around your arm, then charge in with your knife! A variation of this is, try to grab the belt with your free-hand (after it wraps around your arm), give a good stong pull, and let the guy impale himself on your knife....... as he stumbles forward, off balance. Also, you're going to need a helluva lot more than a couple of seconds to undo your belt. If you have time to undo your belt, chances are, you have enough time to run away!

(Keep an eye out for my post about common types of knifers).

That's it?! ........ Nothing about attacks directed to the kidneys, the base of the brain, or (especially if dealing with a knifer trained in Kali) attacks launched subtly towards the femoral artery; located in the groin. Nothing at all?! Damn.......

I'm still glad you responded.
A) Always the best option against a knifer. Fight him only if there's no exit.
B) A distance weapon can be a great alternative. Stop the knifer from closing on you. For example: If you're trained with a Bo staff, a nearby broom or mop makes a good improvised one. Hell, stand up, grab the chair you're sitting on and swing it back and forth. Or hold it with the legs out and try to pin him to a wall with it. (Works well if he's alone, otherwise; swing it back and forth)!
C) Not sure about this one. Watch out for his buddies thinking you're just bluffing.

Welcome back! Yay! :)
The very latest topic is about knifers and how they actually use their blades. With info on how to counter. No flame wars in the traditional sense of the word. Still not 100% sure what happened myself. Hopefully, Faces will be back. After he left, I encountered him on General, and we had a very short but pleasant exchange about a station-wagon. (Long story). BTW, Sarah is an insomniac too!

Here's something funny, I'm still looking for that R.B.S.D. school I heard about in Manhattan. Left Monday night from firearms class, walked to the subway station, stumbled across a Hapkido School; by accident! (Will check it out when I have time).

That 3-on-1 arm-grab sounds interesting. There'll probably be some lessons on multiple attackers later on.

I wouldn't be surprised if your Instructor starts reading from the club's latest page. (I wonder what he thinks of my Knife Combatives advice)? Oh well, that's just how things are on an internet forum. Sometimes, people who know you in Reality will find your posts.

If you're living in Great Britain, I've got some bad news for you. Most of the really effective martial arts are probably banned! You might have luck with a more obscure Art that is not instantly identified as being good for self defense. (If that's what you want to study). Meditative Arts are still legal. But the sad truth is, I know quite a bit about Great Britain. Got some horror stories about people who were just defending themselves, and ended up in prison! There's no law on the Books that says it, but for all practical purposes......... self defense is illegal in your country. As bizarre as that might sound, it's true.

If you actually meant New England, I recommend looking in your local Yellow pages, going to local martial arts schools, asking what their Art emphasizes, (if it appeals to you) ask to sit in on a class. Usually it's no problem and you sit in for free. Like what you saw? Consider joining.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-05 21:04:56

I wouldnt be bluffing. See i have no problem hurting someone if necessary. Would i kill him? No. I dont believe in murder. However, i would slice him a few times and maybe a few stab wounds. If they where really worried about their friend they would take him to the hospital. If not that means one less person to worry about.

Also concerning the forums, I'll be in charge of them and you can go ahead and start posting. Please read the rules first, they where very effective before and so we are gonna keep them.

As for making mods and admins, for the meantime ill be the only one as well as shin, but he doesnt really care for it. If you guys have any suggestions you may post so, on that forum. I will take all suggestions into consideration.

Also please keep martial art related stuff in here to keep this alive. You still may post in there about martial arts but if you do bring it up here as well to keep this place alive.

There is nothing mandatory about that forum since it is supposed to be for fun.

Well hope you like it and heres the link. NG MAC Forums.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-05 22:48:18

DSM: I'll post...

Mono: We are expected as black belts to be able to adapt to those situations. All of the techniques in my specific branch of Kenpo are very adaptable. I take Ken-Ryu Kenpo, Ken-Ryu means 'Versatile System". WE have a couple techniques that come to mind in those situations Mono. Also, we already have a knife technique for groin strikes.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 00:24:32

At 7/5/06 03:43 PM, tkd93champ wrote: Cool club, iv been taking Tae Kwon do for about 5 years and have earned a 1st degree black belt.

Would you like to join then?

Mono:

Regarding your first question:

I should have further elaborated, you would step to the outside of his swing. If he was in a position to punch you it would be after you had finished your technique, from there you could easily block a punch even though the techniques don't cover that contingency. As far as the likelyhood of that type of swing, having done the technique I believe it could be used against a stabbing motion, we practice it mostly against a swing like the one I initially described because it's easier for students, especially younger ones, to pick it up. I'll work with it, see if there are any adjustments I need to make to the technique to make it work better.

About the belt:
For me personally I don't wear pants that are falling off if I don't wear a belt, I wear a belt so that they fit a bit more tightly around my waist instead of resting a little lower. I'm not a gangster wanna be, I don't like my pants around my knees. Still, if possible I'm going to have to be a proponent for using a belt as a weapon. We actually have a few techniques where you do just that, they seem to work quite well even though I probably wouldn't think to use them in enough time :p

I can't think of any more questions for the moment so if I think of any I'll post them later.
Anyway, thanks again :)

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I just thought you all should know :)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 01:33:25

R3d- My Wing Chun background isnt that extensive. I havent trained in it in almost a year. The saying "If you dont use it, you'll lose it" is very true for martial artists. When I was inbetween states and out of Hapkido I was going crazy not training so I checked out this Kung Fu school and ran into a private sifu who invited my brother and I to train with him. Not sure what he saw in us, but it was either insanity or potential. We trained with him for 6 months in Wing Chun and Hap Gar Kung Fu and I started to work on his horse ranch with his wife. Personally I had more interest in training her horses than I did myself in the soft style. I didnt enjoy it as much then as I think I would now. Im a hardcore Hapkido junkie, Wing Chun didnt have enough breakfalling for my taste. While I was training in the style I did get into some JKD and Kali at a ton of Dan Inasanto's seminars. In Hapkido I always felt like I was missing something and training in Kung Fu seemed to fix that. I will probably get back into the system in the future, but right now I have way too much on my plate. Im familiar with the basic principles of the art but I've never gotten into any advanced training. Honestly you guys seem to know more about it than I do. I hope that answered you question.

Theban- Thank you for the energentic welcome. As you can probably tell, Im very happy to be back. I got bored this morning with my usual insomnia so I started reading through some previous posts and noticed that it wasnt pretty, it was rather childish on both parts if I may say so.

Monocrom- Glad to see a knife topic, Im actually catching up on Bladeforums atm. Hopefully Faces will be back, I havent gotten to chat with him lately, he tried to catch me on messenger a while back but that was when my kb was still fried. I emoticoned him to death. :P Other than your little disagreements with Faces you both seem to be very nice, well rounded gentlemen and you will work things out. Please come back Faces. We miss you! You should definitely check out the Hapkido school, let me know what you find out and what the instructor's name is, I know at least 3 Hapkido people in every state. As for the other Sarah, please feel free to call her Sarah and not worry about getting me confused. My name doesnt have an 'H' on the end and I much prefer to be called satan. Not even people I know in person call me Sara, they thing the satan title fits my personality better. :P

Sarah- Welcome to the NG MAC. I've been reading some of your previous posts. I noticed in one of your posts you mentioned training in Aikido and you felt as if you were missing something so you were checking out Kung Fu. When I moved I found an Aikido school and from wht I was understanding it seemed like the style was very similar to Hapkido. The only obvious difference I found was the country it came from. Im completely turned off by the idea of organized religion from some presonel experiences with it, but I am a very spiritual person, Hapkido doesnt really have that spiritual/internal martial art thing going, so I started cross training in Kung Fu and Tai Chi. The soft style combined with the rigid style of Hapkido seemed to fill in everything I felt was missing. Adding the soft style training to the hard style complimented one another. What was weak or lacking in the hard was made stronger by the soft and visa versa. Simple theory of yin and yang and opposites attract. This worked out really well for me and hopefully it will for you. Despite my lack of knowledge in Aikido, I was told that the movements were a lot softer than what I train in Hapkido, and how everything was much more fluid. We use non resistant, water and circular philosophies. How different is your style?

From reading your posts I have to ask you this, will you marry me? *please note this as a joke* If I have a twin sister that Ive never met you are it. Its creeping me out. I generally dont get along well with other women, from my experiences with them they tend to be very gossip and back stabing oriented. I tend to hang out with the guys. But I have the feeling we're going to get along just fine. XD

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 02:45:10

At 7/6/06 12:24 AM, ThebanLegion wrote:

We actually have a few techniques where you do just that, they seem to work quite well even though I probably wouldn't think to use them in enough time :p

My school teaches two techniques with a belt too.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 03:31:15

At 7/4/06 01:17 AM, Shadowist wrote: Hey everyone! Sorry about the quoting and not posting very soon (I was away!). I believe that if you study pressure points that fights can be very easy. I learned this at the TKD sparring tournament when I did a nice out-in (bend you led toward the outside of the combatent, and "shoot" your foot out while moving it towards your attacker, and downwards...can be very fast and effective!) and was aiming not for the head gear but for a pressure point on his right near the colar (sp?) bone. I hit it with heavy force and resulted in his arm being rendered useless temporally (sp?) for a couple min. When it was over I showed him how to recover from a hit like that (it's hard to recover while fighting so I showed him out to do it while resting). He wondered how I did that and all I said was pressure points ^_^ This happend a few months ago. If used the right way, pressure points can heal, hurt, or kill. Becareful if you are to study them!

Btw you can call me by many names. In a list:

Steven (real name)
Ninja (a general nickname for me anywhere)
Shadowist (or Shadow)
King Of Noobs (mainly if you know me from gaming on Steam)
or Nightmare (for those I play with on SoF2)

You guys pick ^_^ I answer to all of them (mostly to Ninja though O_o) and sorry for the semi-long post!

Ninja!

Nice to meet you Ninja! Im satan. Sorry for just now responding but Ive missed a few pages so Im catching up. Your alias 'Shadow' caught my attention because you mentioned gaming. Do you have an alias of Shadow Monkey on xbox? If so have you heard of havoc reaker? Im am his sister. XD And Im bored so Im saying hello for no particular reason. Now Im off to play with the new pm system that I havent tried yet. :D

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 03:51:15

At 7/5/06 11:29 AM, R3dF0x wrote: mmm...well in China things are more traditional...Chinese arts are only taught to Chinese...it's racism, but what can you do...
what sort of things is he teaching that he's not supposed to? that interests me cause it sounds trumped up a bit...

also, what sort of things are you learning at the Sui Nim Tao level, and do you know the difference between Siu Lim Tao and Siu Nim Tao?

we get taught how to follow through from a defencive block in to grapples and heavy hits, and attack off a floating move. thaere is all kinds of pins that are plain evil such as knee in the balls while pinning his arm behind the back.he started an academy in australia and here in the u.k. he taught the australian S.A.S in close combat. hes got a web site too
here

and no i dont know the difference between Siu Nim Tao and Siu Lim Tao. please explain.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 10:15:17

At 7/6/06 03:31 AM, Satanic_Samurai wrote:
Nice to meet you Ninja! Im satan. Sorry for just now responding but Ive missed a few pages so Im catching up. Your alias 'Shadow' caught my attention because you mentioned gaming. Do you have an alias of Shadow Monkey on xbox? If so have you heard of havoc reaker? Im am his sister. XD And Im bored so Im saying hello for no particular reason. Now Im off to play with the new pm system that I havent tried yet. :D

Ooooo a girl (lol j/k) Anywho. I never have used Shadow Monkey on Xbox (although that was-when I first started xbox live on my origional xbox-was one of my ideas being a crazy monkey that I am ^_^). My Gamertag was NightZeroX for the original xbox. When I moved up to my Xbox 360, my Gamertag changed to Shadowist ^_^ It's on my myspace: Myspace! I think you can only reach it by becoming friends with me if you have one too. Anywho it's nice meeting you :D

Ninja!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 13:07:48

To: DSM -

Good to know you wouldn't bluff with a knife. I think your idea for keeping this club more serious and the other forum for fun, is a good one! BTW, with your status on the other forum, does that mean if I post something you don't like, you'll ban me? ;)

Thank you for the clarification. (Had me a bit worried there for a sec).

Do any of your techniques emphasize preventing a knifer from closing the distance?

The technique used against a stabbing motion would be viable, if we're talking about being able to stop several stabbing motions coming at you in very rapid succession. Keep in mind, the single, static knife-thrust is a myth........ If you do come up with more questions, just post them. I'm always happy to help out a fellow club member. :)

Glad you're back! But to be honest, Bladeforums seems to have more collectors than users. I still look for good topics on there, but am usually disappointed. Yeah....... "satan" does seem to fit you better. ;)

It's not just a Hapkido school, they seem to teach a couple of different Arts there. I'll have more free time next week to check it out.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 13:22:50

Ninja- I sent a friend request on myspace. I just had to get another acount on myspace because they deleted my old one for saying I was 100 years old. Fuck them. I'll see if I can add you on xbox. Im a bit of a gamer, but my brother is the hardcore Halo freak. He added you too if you're wondering who Havoc is. Thanks! Nice to meet you too. XD

Mono- My best friend who is a hardcore knife collector/martial artist posts frequently on Bladeforums and Im usually amused by his posts. I dont post a lot but Bladeforums seems to help my boredomness. Its interesting that the Hapkido school teaches a few other arts. Thats really cool. Ive noticed that some of the Korean practitioners that Ive met have the 'I am all that matters' attitude. I havent gottten that vibe from the 'Koreans' on this forum, so no offense to any of you out there.

Ive been up for about 2 days now so I think Id better get some sleep. Catch you guys later. Toodles.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 13:34:57

Mono the only reason i would ban you is if you just go in there and start causing problems. The forum is supposed to be just for fun but if people start being jerks then I will ban you. If i do ban it would be for a little bit and not permanently unless it keeps happening. And I'm very lenient about warnings. So dont worry to much about being banned.

It's thursday and that means its sparring night. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully more than just purple belts spar this week cause the only challenge i got last week was from one of my Master instructors. O well i gotta stillspar.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 13:35:49

To Ever Vigilant: I looked at that link and noticed that he was using butterfly swords...is that taught at your school? B\c in my school, when one of the instructors tested for 4th Degree Black, they gave him butterfly swords and told him to make up a form.

To Mono: We are taught to run. If the dudes faster than us, then a quick kick in the balls should slow him down.

Also, sometimes, it is necessary to move in on a knifer and take away his space. If you are right next to him, then it will be hard for him to reach you with the knife.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 13:36:09

To Everyone: Whats the point in Martial Art if i have a shotgun?

Not sarcasm, serious question.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 13:39:54

At 7/6/06 01:36 PM, Idocreating wrote: To Everyone: Whats the point in Martial Art if i have a shotgun?

How many people walk around with a loaded and cocked shotgun? I've fired those things, they're loud and big, I don't think thats a practical street weapon.

On the other hand, if someone has a pistol, martial arts can be very useful. Opposed to contrary belief, it is a lot harder to hit someone with a pistol than almost any other gun, and if someone were on the street, they would probably have a pistol. A skilled martial artist could probably take on an amatuer with a pistol.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 14:36:21

At 7/6/06 01:36 PM, Idocreating wrote: To Everyone: Whats the point in Martial Art if i have a shotgun?

and you plan on shooting us? then not to get shot obviously! it doesnt take a genius to figure that one out!

seriously though, it would really depend on your distance on what I would do.. if theres a couple feet between us then there probably wont be enough time for me to do something.. if your within arm reach i could probably move enought to the side enough that i could hit you before you could shoot me.. though if i was close enough a simple disarming technique oughta do the trick..

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 14:58:52

what good is a shot gun against a helicopter...?
not sarcasm, serious question.

I lied </sarcasm>

why ask a question you already know the answer to...?

a shotgun is an armed projectile obviously it has an advantage, but you can take that advantage away by being in close range in a grappeling situation...

sorry for any sarcasm, but come on... >.<

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 15:09:53

At 7/6/06 01:35 PM, fremen13 wrote: To Ever Vigilant: I looked at that link and noticed that he was using butterfly swords...is that taught at your school? B\c in my school, when one of the instructors tested for 4th Degree Black, they gave him butterfly swords and told him to make up a form.

i dont get to use them yet as im only a begginer but Sifu will eventually teach us how when we are high enough level.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 15:26:49

At 7/6/06 03:09 PM, ever-vigilant wrote:
At 7/6/06 01:35 PM, fremen13 wrote: To Ever Vigilant: I looked at that link and noticed that he was using butterfly swords...is that taught at your school? B\c in my school, when one of the instructors tested for 4th Degree Black, they gave him butterfly swords and told him to make up a form.
i dont get to use them yet as im only a begginer but Sifu will eventually teach us how when we are high enough level.

At our school we learn a couple weapons: Bo staff, Kama, Sai, Nunchuks (sp?), Tonfa, Screamer Sticks (I think those are also called Jo staffs), and some others.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 15:53:53

Satanic_Samurai : okay, just figuring out what kind of Wing Chung history you have...

ever-vigilant : took a look at the site posted...and pictures...

I am not sure how things are done in different parts of the world...but from what I know from my Wing Chun knowledge, the foot work in almost every photograph is questionable...to me they look like they are off balance...a lot of focus in Wing Chun for many people are the Hands...but in reality, the key to good Wing Chun is in the horse orgood foot work...

then again, Im not suggesting it is wrong, it just looks odd to me from my experience with training in Wing Chun...

it certainly looks though that if you gave them some foward energy they would have to regain their footwork to recover...perhaps that's what they want, idk...

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 17:00:39

What is the point of posting in a Martial arts club, if you obviously have no interest in martial arts?

If you say to make people mad then you have no life.

We only teach three weapons at my school. Bo-staff, screama sticks, and nun-chucks. We do teach things with knifes but those are mainly for self defense.

To satan:

Why you gotta be hating my greatness. Seee i just talk like an asshole but i really dont put myself on the high level as you say. Not sure if you where talking about me but if you where, i cry. Join the new forums guys.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 20:13:06

well, for me, its partly to keep me fit and strong, and keep me in on top of certain situations. Plus, what if you are already grappled and have no control over your arms... what good is a shotgun then? also... a shotgun takes a little more time to take out than a punch to the face does. And dont even get me started on reload times, incase you miss :p

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-06 22:54:02

AH! lots of pages.

Anything special i should know? did we ever come up with a Club symbol? Any Parkour related people/activities/discussions?

Sorry i've been inactive. As school looms, i have lots of stuff to do. So the closer school gets, the more inactive i'll be. sorry guys.

Cya round
Deadly

Oh Snype, you're such a fag.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 00:01:19

what's the point of martial arts if you have a shotgun? well...

if you have a shotgun to my head, i can pull some defensive technique i've learned to deflect it/ disarm you.

i can use my gained knowledge of peoples mentalities in combat/hostile situations to defuse whatever the situation is.

i could get the fuck out of the way.

or i could go and ask questions that have any point whatsoever.

today i learned that a friend of a friend had been doing Krav Mega for 15 years, and she had just gotten her sixth level black belt. her father started a school when he moved here form whatever country they came form or something, so she was raised with the art. i was also told that her favorite thing in the world is sparring. so i asked her if she wanted to spar, and she was hesitant because she had no idea how good or bad i was in a fight. i was kind of expecting her to follow the old krav mega trick of resist with all of your strength in the opposite direction, so i was planning to go for her midsection so she'd fold. when it started off she lurched forward with her right fist then pulled back and used her left hand to smash me in the head. i was going to grab her right wrist and pull on it, bending my arm so that my elbow would have hit her in the face or chest. i didn't expect her to turn the move around so she got a really good cuff to the side of my head. she stopped fighting here because she thought i had no fighting experience at all. i reassured her that i was perfectly fine to go on, and not to go easy on me. so she tried what looked like the same thing, except she actually swung with her right hand and i moved inside too close for her to hit me. normally i am sure she would have been able to avoid being trapped into this, but she had put so much power into her right arm that she coldn't move back too quickly. so i wrapped my arm around her neck and used my hand to block my face while my left wrist locked with my right, reinforcing the hold quite a bit. (we spend a whole day trying this in one systema class because of some random tangent question, just for something like this, so i knew she would probably swing at my head.) and i put my knee into her stomach right above her hip and pulled back and down on her head and pushed forward and down with my knee and she tried to flip me but couldn't manage it because of how i was pulling her head down towards my stomach. at the same time she was trying to pull my arm off of her by putting hers inside and peeling mine off of her neck, but she just ended up poking under her own chin. she got completely winded from she hit the ground. then we decided to stop because at that point a real fight would have most likely been decided. i was right in thinking that her ehad would be very hard to manipulate, and that her legs would be rooted well. i'm sure that if i hadn't known to try to break her balance like i did that i would have had a very hard time with the fight. i plan to spar her again because i watched her show this big firefighter guy some stuff and she was throwing him around like a ragdoll. it was the first good spar i've had in a long time and i felt like sharing it.

wow, i dont think i recall anyone telling their spar stories in here... hey that's an idea, if you've ever gotten into a really good spar (win or lose) share the story, i'm always up for a good story about these things.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 00:06:46

At 7/7/06 12:01 AM, tom3rulz wrote:
wow, i dont think i recall anyone telling their spar stories in here... hey that's an idea, if you've ever gotten into a really good spar (win or lose) share the story,

could have been broken up into paragraphs though XD!!! that was a long read....

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 00:26:34

At 7/6/06 01:22 PM, Satanic_Samurai wrote: Mono- My best friend who is a hardcore knife collector/martial artist posts frequently on Bladeforums and Im usually amused by his posts. I dont post a lot but Bladeforums seems to help my boredomness. Its interesting that the Hapkido school teaches a few other arts. Thats really cool. Ive noticed that some of the Korean practitioners that Ive met have the 'I am all that matters' attitude. I havent gottten that vibe from the 'Koreans' on this forum, so no offense to any of you out there.

Dsm- As you'll notice I added that I havent gotten a conceeded vibe from the Korean practitioners on this forum in the quote. A few of my previous instructors have had a problem with me cross training in other arts because they think Hapkido is the one and only art that matters. This has nothing to do with you. So leave me alone.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 00:30:53

At 7/6/06 10:54 PM, MrDeadly wrote: Anything special i should know?

Probably nothing you want to know about...

did we ever come up with a Club symbol?

Nothing official yet, I haven't been able to come up with anything for reasons I will explain in a moment but Mono said he was working on something so I'm still waiting on that.

Any Parkour related people/activities/discussions?

Nope, because you haven't been around to start them :P

------------------

Well, I haven't posted or read anything in the club all day until now, I haven't even voted on more that a half dozen submissions :P I just got a new computer and I was trying to set it up, just got to the point where it's usable (and I've been teaching half the day). That is also why I haven't been working on the slub symbol too much, I didn't want to install a program just to have to reinstall it later and transfer all the files, etc...

And don't worry DSM, I'll be posting in the new forums soon, I'm busy until sunday but I hope I'll find some time before then.

Mono:
Are you still working on a club symbol?