00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pawnwolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

421,009 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 00:48:59

tom3: as much as i would love to share my old swordfighting sparring stories, i cant really. its been almost half a year since them, and alot of the times i couldnt remember all the details of them anyways. how they usually go happening is i just let my instictual self take over.. i won the spars about as much as i lost them, so thats not the best idea.. when i go back to washington ill get to kick my old kenjutsu buddy's ass and then ill be able to give all the gory details of a spar.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 03:06:41

At 7/7/06 12:48 AM, Tsuchiya wrote: tom3: as much as i would love to share my old swordfighting sparring stories, i cant really. its been almost half a year since them, and alot of the times i couldnt remember all the details of them anyways. how they usually go happening is i just let my instictual self take over.. i won the spars about as much as i lost them, so thats not the best idea.. when i go back to washington ill get to kick my old kenjutsu buddy's ass and then ill be able to give all the gory details of a spar.

this is true. i mean if you remember any. and now that i think about it mine was damn short. usually i like to drag things out and have more fun. unless it's a serious challenge spar. but whatever, a fight won is a fight won, and one lost is one lost. mono might have some trouble telling stories about his spars too, i dont think R.B.S.D. really spars...

i would have split it up into paragraphs, but my fingers were moving and i wasn't going to stop them.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 10:00:31

Hi everybody,

I haven't been around for along time... You guys probably already forgot me :P
I was busy with everything, sorry for that!

I've got a question here, does any of you have a special diet to stay fit (for your MA in example) ?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 12:18:56

At 7/6/06 03:53 PM, R3dF0x wrote: Satanic_Samurai : okay, just figuring out what kind of Wing Chung history you have...

ever-vigilant : took a look at the site posted...and pictures...

I am not sure how things are done in different parts of the world...but from what I know from my Wing Chun knowledge, the foot work in almost every photograph is questionable...to me they look like they are off balance...a lot of focus in Wing Chun for many people are the Hands...but in reality, the key to good Wing Chun is in the horse orgood foot work...

if you mean the image with the swords on the first page it does look a bit odd compared to usual but maybe you have to assume a different stance when weilding a weapon. i shall try to remember to ask him about it tommorow. and i dont get the comment about the horse. please explain. e-v

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 12:30:27

At 7/7/06 12:30 AM, ThebanLegion wrote: Nothing official yet, I haven't been able to come up with anything for reasons I will explain in a moment but Mono said he was working on something so I'm still waiting on that.

What about the one in Tom3Rules sig? That was pretty nice.

Nope, because you haven't been around to start them :P

Lol, i suppose your right. So i'll get started now.

Has anyone heard of a movie named B13, District B13 or Banlieue 13? Its a foreign film starring David Belle, the originator of Parkour. I played in select theatres throughout the US for about a month. I've yet to see it, but once it comes out on DVD i'm gonna buy it. Really cool movie about a nuke in france or something, and it has a lot of Parkour in it. check it out.

At 7/7/06 10:00 AM, Runetjuhhh wrote: I've got a question here, does any of you have a special diet to stay fit (for your MA in example) ?

Not really. I just Parkour a lot, and eat whatever i feel. Actually, i just ate an entire box of Mac and cheese. I dont even do sit ups or anything. Excersize and more excersize.

I think i may bike out to the high school and do some PK now...

Oh Snype, you're such a fag.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 14:50:12

To SatanicSamurai:

I just misinterperted your post is all. No offense taken. Thought you where talking about me or something.

To Tom3rulz:

Are you kidding me. I talk about sparring quite alot. But since you brought up sparring here is one of my favorite stories.

I was sparring 2 fellow instructors in a 2 on 1 match. Now when i do 2 and one i just get straight up sick at sparring. I guess i get more adrenaline or something.... I dunno. Anyways as the match went on they thought they got a littlle smarter and decided to attack together.

WRONG!!!!

As soon as they got close enough in, I jumped up and scissor kicked them both, which means i jumped in the air and simutaniously side kicked one and roundhouse kicked the other. It was truely a beautiful kick. We actually where recording that match at the time so once we figure out how to get it on a computer I'll show you guys.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 15:04:22

Well, i got about 10 minutes of Parkour in before it started pouring down rain. It was fun while it lasted. I worked on my Dash's and Kongs a little.

To DSM

I DEFINITELY want to see that. it sounds like it came out of a movie.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 15:40:37

Yeah, that sounds like a good movie kick right there...

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 15:50:42

To Dsm: Wow, that sounds like a dream kick to me, and like the others said, if it came right from a movie... I definatly want to see that!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 16:35:16

At 7/7/06 12:30 PM, MrDeadly wrote: What about the one in Tom3Rules sig? That was pretty nice.

Yeah, that was created by -TheFaces, I like it but no one decided on anything. If no one comes up with anything better then I'll start using it I guess.

Has anyone heard of a movie named B13, District B13 or Banlieue 13?

I'm afraid I haven't... I don't remember if anyone has asked you this before but is there a place on line where I can see a short video of some Parkour?

At 7/7/06 10:00 AM, Runetjuhhh wrote: I've got a question here, does any of you have a special diet to stay fit (for your MA in example) ?

Nope, I have no will power, if I want to get into shape i just excersize more.

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I just thought you all should know :)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 16:37:11

At 7/7/06 04:35 PM, ThebanLegion wrote:
Nope, I have no will power, if I want to get into shape i just excersize more.

Same with me....

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 17:55:29

At 7/7/06 04:35 PM, ThebanLegion wrote: I'm afraid I haven't... I don't remember if anyone has asked you this before but is there a place on line where I can see a short video of some Parkour?

Everywhere! google video has some nice clips of David belle, www.renzheparkour.com has videos, Youtube, and pretty much any place where people can submit videos. I've even found a few on myspace video.

But you say short? Your not gonna find much thats short. And for that matter, without flips. while watching these video's, know, flips are not parkour.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 18:14:03

At 7/7/06 05:55 PM, MrDeadly wrote:
At 7/7/06 04:35 PM, ThebanLegion wrote: I'm afraid I haven't... I don't remember if anyone has asked you this before but is there a place on line where I can see a short video of some Parkour?
Everywhere! google video has some nice clips of David belle, www.renzheparkour.com has videos, Youtube, and pretty much any place where people can submit videos. I've even found a few on myspace video.

But you say short? Your not gonna find much thats short. And for that matter, without flips. while watching these video's, know, flips are not parkour.

Are there any other sites with more parkour moves? THat urbanfreeflow one looked great, but I only noticed like 16 moves or something, I know that there must be more than that.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 19:34:40

At 7/7/06 06:14 PM, fremen13 wrote: Are there any other sites with more parkour moves? THat urbanfreeflow one looked great, but I only noticed like 16 moves or something, I know that there must be more than that.

Well...i know one site had a few more, but i forget the name of it...If i ever remember the name ill post it here.

Also, i counted more along the lines of 26. But once you get into PK, the "Moves" actually become more like, 8 or 9 standard vaults, depending on how good you are. The Cat balance thing is worthless, and balance is just...balancing, nothing special. So, after a while you only use the following "Moves" (dont think of them as that, think more...Vaults)

Kong
Monkey
Cat (and variations)
Dash
Reverse
Tic Tac (and variations)
Speed
Lazy
Turn

And mixes of the lot. Such as Kash (Kong and Dash), Thief (Lazy and Dash), and one i havnt found a name for. It's a mix between a Lazy and Turn vault.

And everything else jsut comes natural, such as rolls and crouching as you land.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 19:36:31

Oh i forgot to mention. You only need those vaults. Parkour isn't about being flashy or anything, its about moving.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 21:41:17

At 7/7/06 03:04 PM, MrDeadly wrote: To DSM

I DEFINITELY want to see that. it sounds like it came out of a movie.
At 7/7/06 03:40 PM, fremen13 wrote: Yeah, that sounds like a good movie kick right there...
At 7/7/06 03:50 PM, Runetjuhhh wrote: To Dsm: Wow, that sounds like a dream kick to me, and like the others said, if it came right from a movie... I definatly want to see that!

Hahaha. Alright ill try to get it up ASAP. The problem is it was recorded with a phone. But a very expensive phone with a very good camera. It really was a dream kick. When you guys here it you will here a bunch of yelling because it just made everyone fucking go nuts.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 21:47:30

Wow...Im suprised nobody had a good answer for this...I tend to follow a weight watchers plan. I started this about 5 years ago to support my Mom in her decision to lose a few pounds. I wanted to offer moral support so my brother and I went to meetings with her. It was funny because we told everyone we were going to AA just to get them to leave us alone, but thats a different story. The point plan is much better than the Flex plan, the point plan helps you watch what you eat and it controls a junk intake without taking it completely away. I dont know about you guys, but I like brownies. The recipes they have in the program are healthy and have a great nutrition base to them. With me going for my ND Im a huge diet and exercise freak. I dont really care for the high protein diets such as Atkins. The Atkins diet works on the foundation of changing fat into muscle. In this case you would gain more weight in the long run because muscle weighs more than fat. Atkins pushed carb intake and relaxed on starch and vegetables. This would result in a high rate of cardio problems with long term use. A weight watchers plan has an even balance of everything including vegetables, fruit, starches and proteins, therefore making it a great diet plan for martial artists and other atheletes. Heres the website, check it out.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/index.aspx

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 22:09:01

Sorry i havent been on here in a whil(again). ive had issues. like i said i went on vacation, so i couldnt access the comp. then. And when i came back... i had a BBS Ban!!! I got banned because a mod thought my friend ctrlF2 was an alt for me and i was using it to post on the ZSC because i got kicked off it. Anything new happining???

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 22:10:09

At 7/7/06 09:47 PM, Satanic_Samurai wrote: Wow...Im suprised nobody had a good answer for this...I tend to follow a weight watchers plan.

:P Marching band and Parkour worked for me. maybe a little help from puberty :)

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 22:17:28

At 7/7/06 10:10 PM, MrDeadly wrote:
At 7/7/06 09:47 PM, Satanic_Samurai wrote: Wow...Im suprised nobody had a good answer for this...I tend to follow a weight watchers plan.
maybe a little help from puberty :)

lol.

Anyways...

How many of you guys know any kung-fu? Cuz in my school we learn all sorts of arts and kung-fu is one of them. Also, there is one form I want to ask about: Its called Lin Wan Kyun, and we couldn't figure out how to spell that last word, any help?

Possible spellings: Kuum, quum, anything like that...

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 22:59:15

dsm: maybe you load it up onto youtube? ive never had a video to upload so i dont know how, but i dont think it would be too hard..

diets: i dont really know diets.. in one of the grandmasters books he said that the best diet for taijutsu (thats body techniques, so pretty much anything involving the body, MA included) is to eat uncooked food. so like.. veggies and whatnot, just not meat and things.. pretty much if its cooked its bad..except rice roasted in the sun on a rock is also OK. personally i dont follow any special diet, it usually includes Ramen noodles ( the poor peoples food) or a sandwich, whatever my mom makes for dinner and enough soda to make me sick sometimes.. so im not the best aurthority on diets..

fremens kung fu question: while i train at a kung fu school, i dont do any of it, so i have no actually training in it.. but i sometimes get to class early and watch the childrens class.. and once i went to a joint-locking seminar so i got to get some experiance in it.. thats about it though..

i may have "doomed" my class in a way.. i showed my instructer that i had brought my kyosetsu , and he said that we were gonna start training with them.. fine for him and I but i bet theres more students without one then with one.. well it'll be fun to use the traditional weapons anyway.. (ya, the site calls it a ninja shoge, the actual name is kyosetsu shoge, they are just trying to go off the whole ninja thing..)

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-07 23:42:31

At 7/7/06 10:59 PM, Tsuchiya wrote: diets: i dont really know diets.. in one of the grandmasters books he said that the best diet for taijutsu (thats body techniques, so pretty much anything involving the body, MA included) is to eat uncooked food. so like.. veggies and whatnot, just not meat and things.. pretty much if its cooked its bad..except rice roasted in the sun on a rock is also OK. personally i dont follow any special diet, it usually includes Ramen noodles ( the poor peoples food) or a sandwich, whatever my mom makes for dinner and enough soda to make me sick sometimes.. so im not the best aurthority on diets..

Thats really cool. The only problem with eating raw food is that is takes a toll on your digestive system. A lot of holistic practitioners suggest steaming the food because it still preserves the nutrients without cooking it out as frying, grilling or baking would and its sooo much easier to digest.

Tsuch, hun, you might want to take it easy on the soda, thats gonna kill your prostate if you ever want kids. Not to mention kidney problems and bladder infections, if it gets bad enough imagine pissing into a bag for a month. Thats why my little bro no longer drinks soft drinks. He's strictly a water finatic.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 01:11:28

dsm: when i spar people i tend to hold back because i dont want to hurt them. when i fight two people i take them as a more serious threat and i tend to hold back much less. i almost always hold back quite a bit because when i get serious in a fight i keep coming like a rabid dog until i have nothing left in me to keep me fighting. but that's just my natural violence and aggression. i know where you're coming from when you say you get better when you fight multiple people. (though i don't think it's the same reason)

about diets: i dont follow any diet really. i eat a shitload of meat and protein/carb heavy foods, and a lot of vegetables (usually steamed or in chinese food) and that's about it. i eat a lot of it too. you know that vietnamese guy that can wolf 50 hot dogs in 12 minutes? imagine that just not quite so exagurated. i am a naturally lean guy, and my metabolism keeps me thin no matter what i do or eat. i used to drink an assload of soda, then i basically O.D.'d on it one night and it's seemed fowl to me ever since. now i just drink water and orange juice, and rarely soda at work because i get it free all day. i don't think my diet makes a difference in my level of fitness (or at least i wont feel it until i'm 40) because i am ALWAYS active. so in essence i follow no diet. i eat what i crave, which tends to be pretty healthy.

about the logo/my sig: i stole it from -thefaces. but i put my name and art on it because i felt like it. i also was sick of my old sig, and had no new ideas, so i went with this one. i like it, but it's by no means official.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 02:43:00

At 7/7/06 12:18 PM, ever-vigilant wrote:
if you mean the image with the swords on the first page it does look a bit odd compared to usual but maybe you have to assume a different stance when weilding a weapon. i shall try to remember to ask him about it tommorow. and i dont get the comment about the horse. please explain. e-v

I mean the pictures they have that display them in "action" and "training" and stuff in the "ABOUT" part of the site...

typcially when refering to "the horse" in martial arts it means the legs and legs incorporate the footwork...for example...the direction of their feet seem to be off on a tangent and not parallel 50-50 weight distrobution...

In Hung Fa Yi we have similar footwork to what is shown in the pictures and Hung Fa Yi is Wing Chun...perhaps they have tried to incorporate a Hung Fa Yi footwork into their Wing Chun...but they dont understand it if they are cause they are off...

not trying to put anyone down, it's just, I dont like to see people teaching things wrong...

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 02:48:26

To Ts: dude, that website with the weapons...its awesome....

Question: How would you use the kyosetsu? Do you leave the blade on the ground then like whip it or something?? Or do you like, throw it, then manipulate it in midair? That looks pretty cool...
------------
To Wing-chin people: How would you use those rings on the website? I've been trying to think about it, and the only way the makes sense is to hold it with both hands, then use it as a blocker, but that doesn't make sense since then your hands are tied up and are in a bad position...Please explain....
--------------
To Tom: Dude, as a fellow martial artist to another, do not assume that you won't fell the effect of food until your 40. Dude, my dads been complaining for the past 15 years (check my age on my profile, you'll see how long its been) that food catches up to you once you hit 25. dude, don't ever assume that you're 1 step ahead of nature and that you can blow off your health until your 40.
-------------
As far as uploading that sick video goes, all you have to do is hook it up to a comp. If you got like windows XP or wtvr, then it will guide you through the steps...its pretty damn easy from there...

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 03:33:38

At 7/8/06 02:48 AM, fremen13 wrote:
To Tom: Dude, as a fellow martial artist to another, do not assume that you won't fell the effect of food until your 40. Dude, my dads been complaining for the past 15 years (check my age on my profile, you'll see how long its been) that food catches up to you once you hit 25. dude, don't ever assume that you're 1 step ahead of nature and that you can blow off your health until your 40.

im not saying i WON'T feel it until im 40, im saying i will feel it when i am 40. i dont blow of eating semi-decently, and i dont binge on shit, i'm just saying that i could very well do so.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 03:53:04

Oh...sorry for the mix-up. I guess I'm a bit brain-washed is all......

also, if you're still on, you might want to check your inbox here on NG.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 09:38:20

At 7/7/06 09:47 PM, Satanic_Samurai wrote:

A weight watchers plan has an even balance of everything including vegetables, fruit, starches and proteins, therefore making it a great diet plan for martial artists and other atheletes. Heres the website, check it out.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/index.aspx

Cool! I'm not even watching my food at all, my willpower is like... badder than bad.
But I do things like push-ups and sit-ups and such.
I'm doing a little bit of parcour also, it's a good way to stay fit.
Watching my food is just to much work for me...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 12:42:41

Iv used bow staff, swords (2), knunchucks, escreema sticks.

If u use or know about any other weapons post back.

Projekt Rev '07 - Be there

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-07-08 12:53:40

At 7/8/06 12:42 PM, tkd93champ wrote: Iv used bow staff, swords (2), knunchucks, escreema sticks.

If u use or know about any other weapons post back.

i am pretty decent at kendo and other japanese sword arts, though i have no official schooling in them. i am also good with most swords and staffs, and decent with almost any weapon, common or improvised.

if you're interested in joining this club then stick around, it's a place for people serious about their art(s) or the arts in general.

BBS Signature