00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

5Harkbait178 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

38,535 Views | 561 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-03-04 16:44:35

At 3/3/24 09:51 PM, aaronmusslewhite wrote: Just I’d prefer to provide the license somewhere that isn’t public since it has some sensitive info in it

Resolved & republished.

At 3/4/24 03:22 PM, ADR3-N wrote: free tag via quoting

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-03-04 19:04:05

At 3/4/24 04:44 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 3/3/24 09:51 PM, aaronmusslewhite wrote: Just I’d prefer to provide the license somewhere that isn’t public since it has some sensitive info in it
Resolved & republished.

At 3/4/24 03:22 PM, ADR3-N wrote: free tag via quoting

Thanks for you help!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-03-13 10:11:59

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/101465 heres the link to my "appeal" sorry im not that great at making appeals

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-03-13 15:54:55

Okay, so I just remembered about my ng suspension, and I wanted to do something about it. I got banned for uploading a remix (and completely forgot about the remix rule), and then immediately closed the appeal. I know what I did wrong, and definitely won't do it again. If you aren't willing to unban me, I understand completely. I broke a rule, and def deserved a punishment for it. ok thanks

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-03-17 15:26:01

At 1/26/22 07:51 PM, Pingu wrote: Something which some folks seem to be missing is that the program isn't just looking at copyright audio. It also picks up on stock loops from your Digital Audio Workstation programs which you plop in, which is where many of these comparisons to songs which seem unlike yours come from.

As per the rules, you're all reminded that plopping stock loops into your tracks is not allowed. This also applies to specific software such as Groovepad, Soundation, Soundtrap, Music Maker Jam, etc.

what about Freesound?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-03-17 15:29:18

Hi, I got my song copyrighted by P-Bot because I used Groovepad, I tried searching for the song "Natural" by the first floor, but I did not find it anywhere, can I get my audio privileges back?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-03 00:28:11

My audio was copyrighted on the 21st of last month because I've accidentally used the wrong file instead of the one i was going to upload. This is the only time i did it. Please, can you appeal the ban?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-08 03:05:26

I got flagged for posting a song I made and I want to get it cleared up but I really have no proof

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-08 22:35:59

I uploaded the wrong track and deleted it instantly but the P-bot still grabbed it and I have no appeal.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-09 17:19:16 (edited 2024-04-09 17:19:52)

Hi, how can i delete a music project that was flagged for copyright infringement from my account? i tried but i cant edit the project i only get the copyright infringement warning and the appeal was already closed.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-10 22:25:33

At 4/8/24 03:05 AM, ElectricColors wrote: I got flagged for posting a song I made and I want to get it cleared up but I really have no proof

I see a ban in your history but no active ban, so this is either resolved or a bug? Let me know.

At 4/8/24 10:35 PM, CYBERTRUXX wrote: I uploaded the wrong track and deleted it instantly but the P-bot still grabbed it and I have no appeal.

Check your PM

At 4/9/24 05:19 PM, Neokilla234 wrote: Hi, how can i delete a music project that was flagged for copyright infringement from my account?

You don't

i tried but i cant edit the project i only get the copyright infringement warning and the appeal was already closed.

Closed by staff

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-14 04:52:20

Hi! It's been a few days, more than 3, and my appeal hasn't seen much movement. I explain in it my situation, and i provided screenshots for proof of ownership and a bit of info to confirm. Thanks for the help!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-18 14:08:53 (edited 2024-04-18 14:10:33)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this (since I made my own thread in the help section), but I am no longer scouted and I'm wondering where or how I can check the reasons behind this. I have been scouted for about a month beforehand until a few days ago.

My best guess as to why I'm no longer scouted is because I scouted what I thought to be an actual rhythm game composer (I even commented on one of their YT videos and they responded that it WAS their account and they'd post more things there eventually) only to realize that I may have scouted an imposter account... unless this wasn't the case after all.

The other reasons I am thinking that are why I'm not scouted are probably due to a different account that I scouted breaking some rules, me actually breaking a rule I am unsure of, or my audio submissions just being unfit for the portal (I am a clarinetist and I only upload improv and song covers, though it might be one of my covers).

What would be the best way to get another person to scout me? I'm trying to get my clarinet stuff into GD, and I guess reporting stolen/copied submissions are a way to "clear my name" in a sense.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-18 17:32:28

At 4/18/24 02:08 PM, mega-mashuu wrote: I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this (since I made my own thread in the help section), but I am no longer scouted and I'm wondering where or how I can check the reasons behind this. I have been scouted for about a month beforehand until a few days ago.

It's an appeal of a sort, so fair enough place to ask!

My best guess as to why I'm no longer scouted is because I scouted what I thought to be an actual rhythm game composer (I even commented on one of their YT videos and they responded that it WAS their account and they'd post more things there eventually) only to realize that I may have scouted an imposter account... unless this wasn't the case after all.

Looking at your acc, it may be that you are covering copyrighted songs, but for anime songs or videogame themes this is a bit more lenient. I have rarely if ever heard of a legal issue arising from someone covering songs in such a way as I hear you doing. Actually streaming your catalog as we speak. Really cool stuff. I'd like to hear you make some of your own compositions or heck, maybe ask you to improv for me some time!

It's more likely that you scouted someone who was breaking the rules. @TomFulp descouted you, and he generally only does that in the case of the latter. Otherwise he would probably remove your catalog and ban you.

The other reasons I am thinking that are why I'm not scouted are probably due to a different account that I scouted breaking some rules, me actually breaking a rule I am unsure of, or my audio submissions just being unfit for the portal (I am a clarinetist and I only upload improv and song covers, though it might be one of my covers).

As stated, this is probably the case, one or the other. Hope @TomFulp will come in and clear this up.

What would be the best way to get another person to scout me? I'm trying to get my clarinet stuff into GD, and I guess reporting stolen/copied submissions are a way to "clear my name" in a sense.

It's illegal to ask to be scouted, because people abused that so much over the years.

To get your clarinet stuff into GD you need to both be scouted on NG and reach out to elder mods on GD's discord.

Reporting stuff won't "clear your name" and get you scouted, but it's 100% appreciated. If you want to do that just because and help us out, the AP rules are here

https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/audio-guidelines

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-18 18:31:40

At 4/18/24 05:32 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 4/18/24 02:08 PM, mega-mashuu wrote: The other reasons I am thinking that are why I'm not scouted are probably due to a different account that I scouted breaking some rules, me actually breaking a rule I am unsure of, or my audio submissions just being unfit for the portal (I am a clarinetist and I only upload improv and song covers, though it might be one of my covers).
As stated, this is probably the case, one or the other. Hope @TomFulp will come in and clear this up.

I had heard these two Pokemon covers back to back and they didn't feel like they were up to the level of scouted Audio Portal work. Does anyone else who plays clarinet want to weigh in?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-18 22:25:41

At 4/18/24 06:31 PM, TomFulp wrote: I had heard these two Pokemon covers back to back and they didn't feel like they were up to the level of scouted Audio Portal work. Does anyone else who plays clarinet want to weigh in?

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1309042
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1311529

I don't play clarinet (well), but as someone who was part of lots of live ensembles, there is nothing wrong with his/her playing, or the style of submission. I've played in several several trios. I also think live instrumentation deserves to take precedence in that side of the AP, even if it's minimalistic in nature. It takes a lot more than just programming to make sound good, and it's a middle finger in the face of AI generated crud.

Submission wise, @mega-mashuu's recording is good quality. Timing could use a bit more work, so perhaps throw a metronome in one ear while playing. I would not upload 2 copies of the same song, one with melody, and one without. That's my only gripe. I actually really enjoyed it and would have scouted them myself if not for that.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-19 00:18:42 (edited 2024-04-19 00:23:27)

At 4/18/24 10:25 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 4/18/24 06:31 PM, TomFulp wrote: I had heard these two Pokemon covers back to back and they didn't feel like they were up to the level of scouted Audio Portal work. Does anyone else who plays clarinet want to weigh in?

I don't play clarinet (well), but as someone who was part of lots of live ensembles, there is nothing wrong with his/her playing, or the style of submission. I've played in several several trios. I also think live instrumentation deserves to take precedence in that side of the AP, even if it's minimalistic in nature. It takes a lot more than just programming to make sound good, and it's a middle finger in the face of AI generated crud.

Submission wise, @mega-mashuu's recording is good quality. Timing could use a bit more work, so perhaps throw a metronome in one ear while playing. I would not upload 2 copies of the same song, one with melody, and one without. That's my only gripe. I actually really enjoyed it and would have scouted them myself if not for that.

Thanks for the feedback - I rarely see these types of criticism show up on the places I upload my covers, so it's nice to hear another comment on what I can improve on. I can also understand Tom's thoughts about how those submissions covering Biri-Biri seem unfit in the audio portal even if I were still scouted today.

Regarding not having two different versions of the same song - I assume you want me to simply replace the file of one ID with the one with the melody. I'll make sure that I do that when I finish the one with the melody, and I'll also delete the short version as well. My only question about this: Would I have to find another place to host the file of the version without the melody, or am I able to have multiple files on one song ID?

My last question: I am absolutely sure I would get banned if I were to upload a cover here with the actual song's instrumental track, but is it fine if I just have a link to, say a YT video, of the cover with the original song's instrumental? What I upload here will not have a backing track unless I ask someone else to create one or to play an accompaniment for me.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-19 07:44:57

At 4/18/24 06:31 PM, TomFulp wrote:

I've reset mega-mashuu's status so they can be re-scouted!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-19 08:29:44

At 4/19/24 12:18 AM, mega-mashuu wrote:

Thanks for the feedback - I rarely see these types of criticism show up on the places I upload my covers, so it's nice to hear another comment on what I can improve on. I can also understand Tom's thoughts about how those submissions covering Biri-Biri seem unfit in the audio portal even if I were still scouted today.

That's what NG is all about. That feedback. Hope you stick around!

Regarding not having two different versions of the same song - I assume you want me to simply replace the file of one ID with the one with the melody. I'll make sure that I do that when I finish the one with the melody, and I'll also delete the short version as well. My only question about this: Would I have to find another place to host the file of the version without the melody, or am I able to have multiple files on one song ID?

Don't worry about replacing files. I would just stick from now on to uploading 1 single version. You can link the no melody versions on Google drive or something. Multiple files attached to the same ID would be a good suggestion for the "suggestions to Tom" thread in the supporter forum though.

My last question: I am absolutely sure I would get banned if I were to upload a cover here with the actual song's instrumental track, but is it fine if I just have a link to, say a YT video, of the cover with the original song's instrumental? What I upload here will not have a backing track unless I ask someone else to create one or to play an accompaniment for me.

You can't use the song's original backing here, no, unless you have a license (purchased mechanical license and master license if I'm not mistaken)

However you can link your YT video in the description. Even if you were to just play the lead line, you can upload your playing here. Who knows, someone may want to sample a link. Prob me. And yes ofc, you can also ask someone else to cover the backing track or collaborate. The latter is preferred since covering a song in such an exact manner can be a bit dubious! Never know if someone just ripped the midi, in that sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-20 10:18:02 (edited 2024-04-20 10:18:35)

made a song and upload it

it got matched to someone's song, i appeal and it work :D

the song was glitchy, gotta re-make it

re-upload it in the same project

the song is in another verification that it's my song

delete the project be frustration

got another mail to appeal my song, the one that i deleted..

can't appeal it; so can't post songs anymore

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-20 11:31:23

At 4/20/24 10:18 AM, Yesney wrote: made a song and upload it

Tom already cleared his ban.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-04-21 10:18:12

At 4/20/24 10:18 AM, Yesney wrote: made a song and upload it

iu_1192627_3945050.png

BBS Signature