00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiToDaAra just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

38,599 Views | 561 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-04-20 09:47:58

I have recently Started posting on new grounds with my music. I thought it would be a great place to get my music confidence back up. I recently got strike with a copyright infringement If I also put my music on spotify and would like to post them here. How can I avoid these copyright flags if I am the creator?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-04-20 20:31:27

At 4/20/23 09:47 AM, SubByte wrote: How can I avoid these copyright flags if I am the creator?

By being scouted. Problem solved on that front, follow the rules etc.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-04-20 20:35:27

At 4/20/23 08:31 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 4/20/23 09:47 AM, SubByte wrote: How can I avoid these copyright flags if I am the creator?
By being scouted. Problem solved on that front, follow the rules etc.

So I can now posts old song that I originally had on my "VB Music" account? Would I get fagged again if I do so? I am kinda worried to do so now ahaa. But I am looking through and following the guidelines now!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-04-20 20:36:52

At 4/20/23 08:35 PM, SubByte wrote: So I can now posts old song that I originally had on my "VB Music" account? Would I get fagged again if I do so? I am kinda worried to do so now ahaa. But I am looking through and following the guidelines now!

Correct, the auto-checker applies to unscouted users so you won't be flagged for your own music.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-04-20 20:38:23

At 4/20/23 08:36 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 4/20/23 08:35 PM, SubByte wrote: So I can now posts old song that I originally had on my "VB Music" account? Would I get fagged again if I do so? I am kinda worried to do so now ahaa. But I am looking through and following the guidelines now!
Correct, the auto-checker applies to unscouted users so you won't be flagged for your own music.

Understood. Thank you so soo much!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-04-23 09:57:19

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-04-24 13:49:40

At 4/23/23 09:57 AM, Localerhorst wrote: Hi,
can i get an answer on my appeal?
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/44509

I dont care anymore about the track being on Newgrounds, but i would like the situation to be resolved!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-04-24 15:13:30

At 4/24/23 01:49 PM, Localerhorst wrote:
At 4/23/23 09:57 AM, Localerhorst wrote: Hi,
can i get an answer on my appeal?
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/44509
I dont care anymore about the track being on Newgrounds, but i would like the situation to be resolved!

Sorted, thanks for your patience I guess

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-04 02:10:06 (edited 2023-05-04 02:23:28)

My 1 month time ban has been finished, but it still show to me that i can't put songs because of a SFX Graber

https://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/962000/iu_962893_10763604.webp

The song that claims I'm stealing is Fake Tiger vs. Real Dog, that is just a bunch of SFX over no copyright music

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/48192

─▒▓██▄▀▌▐

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-07 20:46:29

Link to appeal: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/58919

Hello! Here is my appeal. More details are in the appeal itself, but in summary it got flagged for copyright for using a soundbite of a housefly that wasn't even (to my knowledge) the same housefly sound effect that I had used in the piece. I do hope you can look into this and see if it can be resolved. Thank you!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-07 21:14:55

At 5/7/23 08:46 PM, peaceokokok wrote: Link to appeal

I've re-opened the appeal for you.

Reminder to you and passers-by that "close appeal" is like "close the case" in that it ends the investigation. The appealer closing it means mods never see the appeal at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-10 20:07:23 (edited 2023-05-10 20:09:20)

before I even got to post my song it got copyright claimed by 2 songs that when I listened to them they don't even sound the same at all and might just be a fake claim

here's appeal: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/56288

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-10 21:21:13

At 5/10/23 08:07 PM, TimmyDaPoohead wrote: before I even got to post my song it got copyright claimed by 2 songs that when I listened to them they don't even sound the same at all and might just be a fake claim

were you using a bunch of loops in your audio submission?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-16 04:18:11

yo, i uploaded a copyright song not realizing that this wasnt allowed, obviously my fault, i wont do it again but i closed my appeal case thinking that meant everything i did was finalized, not that it would end the case and that no one would look at it, once again probably my fault, but i do make my own music that i would like to use in geometry dash, and i cant upload that for however long my ban is, all my fault but i want to apologize and appeal since this is my first offense and it wont happen again.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-16 07:11:11

At 5/16/23 04:18 AM, JoeMamma727 wrote: yo, i uploaded a copyright song not realizing that this wasnt allowed

iu_972337_1387436.png

iu_972338_1387436.png

Ignorance is not an excuse, moreso considering that uploaders are presented several warnings about stolen music (and specifically for GD). Uploading stolen music "to use in a geometry dash level" is the reason this system is in place.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-16 09:30:06

At 5/16/23 04:18 AM, JoeMamma727 wrote: yo, i uploaded a copyright song not realizing that this wasnt allowed, obviously my fault, i wont do it again but i closed my appeal case thinking that meant everything i did was finalized, not that it would end the case and that no one would look at it, once again probably my fault, but i do make my own music that i would like to use in geometry dash, and i cant upload that for however long my ban is, all my fault but i want to apologize and appeal since this is my first offense and it wont happen again.

You are lucky your account wasn't deleted because you just admitted to breaking one of our primary NO NO rules...

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-16 13:57:22

At 5/16/23 07:11 AM, Pingu wrote:
At 5/16/23 04:18 AM, JoeMamma727 wrote: yo, i uploaded a copyright song not realizing that this wasnt allowed
Ignorance is not an excuse, moreso considering that uploaders are presented several warnings about stolen music (and specifically for GD). Uploading stolen music "to use in a geometry dash level" is the reason this system is in place.

i never said it was an excuse or used it as one, like i said i know its my fault, but i might aswell have my account deleted if im permanently blocked from uploading audio lol, is there a time on the ban or is it permanent?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-16 13:58:17

At 5/16/23 09:30 AM, tox wrote:
At 5/16/23 04:18 AM, JoeMamma727 wrote: yo, i uploaded a copyright song not realizing that this wasnt allowed, obviously my fault, i wont do it again but i closed my appeal case thinking that meant everything i did was finalized, not that it would end the case and that no one would look at it, once again probably my fault, but i do make my own music that i would like to use in geometry dash, and i cant upload that for however long my ban is, all my fault but i want to apologize and appeal since this is my first offense and it wont happen again.
You are lucky your account wasn't deleted because you just admitted to breaking one of our primary NO NO rules...

its basically the same as being deleted since i wouldnt really use this site for much else

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-16 17:30:32

At 5/16/23 01:57 PM, JoeMamma727 wrote: i never said it was an excuse or used it as one, like i said i know its my fault, but i might aswell have my account deleted if im permanently blocked from uploading audio lol, is there a time on the ban or is it permanent?

Those bans are permanent. If you choose, you can request deletion by following the link at the bottom of your account management page.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-17 01:14:59

At 5/16/23 05:30 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 5/16/23 01:57 PM, JoeMamma727 wrote: i never said it was an excuse or used it as one, like i said i know its my fault, but i might aswell have my account deleted if im permanently blocked from uploading audio lol, is there a time on the ban or is it permanent?
Those bans are permanent. If you choose, you can request deletion by following the link at the bottom of your account management page.

okay, im curious how much this happens though cus it seems to happen enough, why not make it more obvious instead of embedding a little warning inside a wall of text, like i said its obviously my fault but the punishment of a permanent block is crazy, websites like youtube instead just block the upload if it infringes copyright, i understand thats soft but its just insane to me that a permanent ban is warranted for trying to upload audio that wasnt mine, not even trying to claim it was mine as i put the original song in the title and selected the all rights held thing

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-17 01:47:30 (edited 2023-05-17 01:53:28)

At 5/17/23 01:14 AM, JoeMamma727 wrote:
okay, im curious how much this happens though cus it seems to happen enough, why not make it more obvious instead of embedding a little warning inside a wall of text, like i said its obviously my fault but the punishment of a permanent block is crazy, websites like youtube instead just block the upload if it infringes copyright, i understand thats soft but its just insane to me that a permanent ban is warranted for trying to upload audio that wasnt mine, not even trying to claim it was mine as i put the original song in the title and selected the all rights held thing

iu_972939_1892271.webp

it was literally... LITERALLY... within the first 10 words of the page that you had to open to submit a rule-breaking piece

with a big bold, red, NOTICE

and then again we made it painfully, front and center, top of the page, right under the main terms of use, BOLD.......

iu_972940_1892271.webp

this is the way that we enforce this rule violation

if you knew about the history behind the rule then you would see why we are coming down on you so hard

you are lucky that your account was not simply removed and you were even allowed to get to the appeal stage

if you want to learn then here

https://youtu.be/PoKySNtZG0Q?t=60

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-17 03:52:42

At 5/17/23 01:47 AM, tox wrote:
At 5/17/23 01:14 AM, JoeMamma727 wrote:
it was literally... LITERALLY... within the first 10 words of the page that you had to open to submit a rule-breaking piece

with a big bold, red, NOTICE

and then again we made it painfully, front and center, top of the page, right under the main terms of use, BOLD.......

this is the way that we enforce this rule violation

if you knew about the history behind the rule then you would see why we are coming down on you so hard
you are lucky that your account was not simply removed and you were even allowed to get to the appeal stage

if you want to learn then here
https://youtu.be/PoKySNtZG0Q?t=60

but this keeps happening yes? if it happened enough to put a warning why not make the warning more obvious than bolding text and coloring it red and then permanently banning people for not reading, i just dont see how this would help at all in the long run because i imagine if someone is into geometry dash enough they would just create a new account creating further problems and even more for you guys to deal with

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-17 06:43:47

At 5/17/23 03:52 AM, JoeMamma727 wrote: but this keeps happening yes? if it happened enough to put a warning why not make the warning more obvious than bolding text and coloring it red and then permanently banning people for not reading, i just dont see how this would help at all in the long run because i imagine if someone is into geometry dash enough they would just create a new account creating further problems and even more for you guys to deal with

There could be (and has been) a big honking image with "DONT STEAL FOR GD" on the upload page, but people still did it. In the end, Newgrounds doesn't exist to serve a mobile game, so now the system deals with most people automatically.

Most people get the message and move on.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-17 07:02:51

At 5/17/23 06:43 AM, Pingu wrote:
At 5/17/23 03:52 AM, JoeMamma727 wrote: but this keeps happening yes? if it happened enough to put a warning why not make the warning more obvious than bolding text and coloring it red and then permanently banning people for not reading, i just dont see how this would help at all in the long run because i imagine if someone is into geometry dash enough they would just create a new account creating further problems and even more for you guys to deal with
There could be (and has been) a big honking image with "DONT STEAL FOR GD" on the upload page, but people still did it. In the end, Newgrounds doesn't exist to serve a mobile game, so now the system deals with most people automatically.

Most people get the message and move on.

ok lol i wont question anything then goodbye

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-21 21:52:44

My song "Dancing With Stars" matched with "Cerberus", by Pablo de Souza Fiorentin. I think we probably used the same song maker and the same loop. The only difference is the guitar I used was a tiny bit louder.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-21 22:05:04

At 5/21/23 09:52 PM, NebulaWavezNG wrote: My song "Dancing With Stars" matched with "Cerberus", by Pablo de Souza Fiorentin. I think we probably used the same song maker and the same loop. The only difference is the guitar I used was a tiny bit louder.

so.... did you upload a "modified" version of "Cerberus" and your modification is that your guitar was different in a few ways?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-21 22:28:34 (edited 2023-05-21 22:29:58)

I didn't modify their song it was just the same loop used. The rest of my song is original.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-21 22:35:35 (edited 2023-05-21 22:39:01)

At 5/21/23 10:28 PM, NebulaWavezNG wrote: I didn't modify their song it was just the same loop used. The rest of my song is original.

1. "IF" you were un-banned, how would you conduct yourself and how would you improve yourself and your music
  2. Which rule in the audio guidelines are you close to violating or have already violated with your most recent piece

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-21 23:01:34

I haven't exactly been "banned", I just upload songs I make for fun containing mostly loops, I don't really know any other music-making software that's free to use. The rule that contains stock loops says "Simply mixing these loops isn't your own original work; you will need to make more effort to create something unique". The software I use limits my abilities to create a song because most of the stuff in the software is just trials that cost money. I can't really do much about it

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-05-23 18:36:46 (edited 2023-05-23 18:37:38)

At 5/10/23 09:21 PM, tox wrote:
At 5/10/23 08:07 PM, TimmyDaPoohead wrote: before I even got to post my song it got copyright claimed by 2 songs that when I listened to them they don't even sound the same at all and might just be a fake claim

were you using a bunch of loops in your audio submission?

no it was just a minute long and my first song to post. all of it is original