00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ada242 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

38,547 Views | 561 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-24 19:28:33

no disrespect to anyone here im just letting off a bit of steam.

"Be polite"

please clarify because i have lost it..

Removing and/or unpublishing an audio piece from my profile without further notice, no message, no DM, any reasoning for that matter..

is polite?

i am fully aware that this site has some rules set in stone but please don't make me laugh,

your sense of humor is far from perfect.

Beware that whenever the sun rays touch my skin i will pop like a flower and show my true colors.

Oh and you might see me play rocket league lol

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-24 19:39:15

At 12/24/23 05:56 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 12/24/23 05:40 PM, StarterStand wrote: I accidentally uploaded the refrence song for my bad burger remix.
Hey there its been 2 hours, you can wait a bit. Focus for this topic is people who may have been waiting a while

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Oh I am really sorry. Please take your time and come back to me when you so choose

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-24 19:45:45 (edited 2023-12-24 19:46:43)

At 12/24/23 07:28 PM, D-Chain wrote: no disrespect to anyone here im just letting off a bit of steam.

Tom pulled it down, probably for violating the cover/remix policy. Can contact him if you want more.

StarterStrand if you get a weird notification its because I replied to the wrong comment.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-25 08:56:43

At 12/24/23 07:45 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 12/24/23 07:28 PM, D-Chain wrote: no disrespect to anyone here im just letting off a bit of steam.
Tom pulled it down, probably for violating the cover/remix policy. Can contact him if you want more.

StarterStrand if you get a weird notification its because I replied to the wrong comment.

Who's tom and how can I msg him?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-25 08:58:41

At 12/25/23 08:56 AM, StarterStand wrote: Who's tom and how can I msg him?

That message was for the other user, as I noted

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-25 12:28:25

At 12/25/23 08:58 AM, Pingu wrote:
At 12/25/23 08:56 AM, StarterStand wrote: Who's tom and how can I msg him?
That message was for the other user, as I noted

My bad

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-25 17:28:27 (edited 2023-12-25 17:34:53)

At 12/24/23 07:45 PM, Pingu wrote:

thanks for mentioning..

but no one really answered me.

how is removing a piece polite without notification..

yet this thread mentioned something about being polite to one another.

im striving for equal communication. i understand why the piece is gone. im not mad about that..

communication is key but im guessing is really hard to manage which stings and makes me sad.

Beware that whenever the sun rays touch my skin i will pop like a flower and show my true colors.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-25 17:48:36

At 12/25/23 05:28 PM, D-Chain wrote: communication is key but im guessing is really hard to manage which stings and makes me sad.

I understand that. I actually wrote up a thing answering someone else with a similar concern (link) which in very condensed form is: around 150-200 things per day get removed by mods/program, and asides from ban messages the time to give every person a custom written out reason why they had something removed (generally for something pretty clear in the rules), we'd never keep up. Judging by things yesterday and removing the automatic messages sent by M-Bot for bans it would work out to 4-5 hours of PM writing if each removal got a 5 minute write up.

Also in section V. part C of the ToS it says "Newgrounds reserves the right to remove Content and User Submissions without prior notice." Not the best outcome, but also doesn't mean we have to give a reason.

Messages are good and sometimes if I'm removing without banning I'll send the user a PM if the reason for the removal is a bit obscure (or if there's a recent change to rules). We've had instances where a company had once been pretty lenient with covers/remixes and then did a 180 overnight and started to crack down (lookin at you Hololive...)

About people being polite in the thread, it keeps people within the BBS rules and is a result of people being pissed off that the thing they stole and uploaded for a geometry dash level isn't working etc

Hopefully this answers your question about this at least. Probably not the answer you hoped for.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-26 12:51:10

At 12/25/23 05:48 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 12/25/23 05:28 PM, D-Chain wrote: communication is key but im guessing is really hard to manage which stings and makes me sad.
I understand that. I actually wrote up a thing answering someone else with a similar concern (link) which in very condensed form is: around 150-200 things per day get removed by mods/program, and asides from ban messages the time to give every person a custom written out reason why they had something removed (generally for something pretty clear in the rules), we'd never keep up. Judging by things yesterday and removing the automatic messages sent by M-Bot for bans it would work out to 4-5 hours of PM writing if each removal got a 5 minute write up.

Also in section V. part C of the ToS it says "Newgrounds reserves the right to remove Content and User Submissions without prior notice." Not the best outcome, but also doesn't mean we have to give a reason.

Messages are good and sometimes if I'm removing without banning I'll send the user a PM if the reason for the removal is a bit obscure (or if there's a recent change to rules). We've had instances where a company had once been pretty lenient with covers/remixes and then did a 180 overnight and started to crack down (lookin at you Hololive...)

About people being polite in the thread, it keeps people within the BBS rules and is a result of people being pissed off that the thing they stole and uploaded for a geometry dash level isn't working etc

Hopefully this answers your question about this at least. Probably not the answer you hoped for.

Im already happy someone like you is open and willing to explain.

i know very well i was in the wrong, which is the reason why i am not angry about the removal.

But, thanks for listening and explaining!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-27 11:43:37

At 8/3/23 12:25 PM, Thelxinoe wrote: Hey! I'm new here and I'd like to ask for some help. I was flagged a few days ago because speed up edit of my song was matched with another song (original edit wasn't flagged, though). But the song that was matched is totally different from mine. Probably the reason for blocking was the presence of a similar sound effect with applause in the copyrighted song, which was taken from copyright-free soundpack.
I filed an appeal, but I accidentally closed it. I found this thread and hope you can help me with this. If you need proof that I am the creator of this song, please let me know here. Thanks!

I still need help. My song is completely different from the suspect and i used only copyright-free loops from vengeance packs.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-27 19:08:15

Hello, I was banned over a year ago for uploading a song and it got flagged because both songs used a similar drum break and I had closed the appeal by accident, Anything is a great help!

Love goth girls 🖤💚🖤💚🖤

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-28 00:57:56

At 12/27/23 07:08 PM, Peachistt wrote: Hello, I was banned over a year ago for uploading a song and it got flagged because both songs used a similar drum break and I had closed the appeal by accident, Anything is a great help!

I have cleared your ban

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-28 02:04:07

At 12/28/23 12:57 AM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 12/27/23 07:08 PM, Peachistt wrote: Hello, I was banned over a year ago for uploading a song and it got flagged because both songs used a similar drum break and I had closed the appeal by accident, Anything is a great help!
I have cleared your ban

thank you so much <33333

Love goth girls 🖤💚🖤💚🖤

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-29 23:42:21

Hello, so when I try to upload my song on Wednesday, it got flagged by Newgrounds. It said it was similar to head tap by DSKII but it doesn’t sound anything like it and that doesn’t even exist anywhere. I’ve looked it up but it doesn’t exist, the artist does exist, but not on new grounds can you please return back on my audio publishing features and I’ll send you the song that I made. It did use a stock loop but I made sure that it was copyright free and it didn’t have any copyright on it. Here’s the link to the loop I used https://youtu.be/b871hwL9BtE?si=1BGiqtyoxi8qBEnC please get back to me I would really appreciate it.

-Saunders -

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-30 00:55:36

At 12/29/23 11:42 PM, saundershunt wrote: Hello, so when I try to upload my song on Wednesday, it got flagged by Newgrounds. It said it was similar to head tap by DSKII but it doesn’t sound anything like it and that doesn’t even exist anywhere. I’ve looked it up but it doesn’t exist, the artist does exist, but not on new grounds can you please return back on my audio publishing features and I’ll send you the song that I made. It did use a stock loop but I made sure that it was copyright free and it didn’t have any copyright on it. Here’s the link to the loop I used https://youtu.be/b871hwL9BtE?si=1BGiqtyoxi8qBEnC please get back to me I would really appreciate it.

-Saunders -

I've approved your appeal based on genre -- it is acceptable in hiphop to use loops and even others' beats in your songs, those that contain full track vocals, which you wrote. However, I've removed two of your other compositions for being entirely based on loops. As a general rule, it is okay to use loops which are royalty free, but they should not make up more than 50% of your entire song. Don't resubmit anything which has been removed. You can dispute the removal with me personally (they are not gone forever, just unpublished)

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-04 07:00:44

Hello! I've recently made a song which has lead to the ban of my account. I got a notification from P-Bot saying I may have infringed on the work "Lochgefängnis", by Aragemm, which I did not do or intend to do.

I'm writing to this thread as I accidentally deleted my appeal. I would like to ask you to look into my case and help me understand what caused the issue and if my account can be unbanned. I really want to continue making music for NG and would appreciate your assistance.

Thank you.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-08 14:12:23

created a song in fl using the piano roll and the bot put my account on hold because apparently it copied another song i never heard of. the appeal has been closed and my account is still locked from uploading music so i dont know what to do

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-14 05:23:13

At 1/8/24 02:12 PM, lambchopsandwich wrote: created a song in fl using the piano roll and the bot put my account on hold because apparently it copied another song i never heard of. the appeal has been closed and my account is still locked from uploading music so i dont know what to do

that song got approved but another audio file i uploaded disappeared without warning and no way to appeal. i still have the song unpublished but is there a way for it to be allowed to be republished?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-14 18:49:28 (edited 2024-01-14 18:58:59)

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

To keep things moving along, make sure you have done the following FIRST:

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

Hello! I was recently unscouted for “scouting artists with stolen or low quality music”. I think I have been pruned, if I even know what that means (I don’t). The last thing I recall the only thing I feel like I have done wrong is scout artists with a low amount of submissions. Usually I have done this, because the song sounded high quality, and I liked it a lot. I know better than to scout people with stolen music, and I feel like I deserve a second chance and become scoutable again. However, I don’t want you to give me the option to scout others for new talent, as I feel like I do not want to risk messing up again like I had already done.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-14 18:59:26

At 1/14/24 06:49 PM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote: Hello! I was recently unscouted for “scouting artists with stolen music”. The last thing I recall the only thing I feel like I have done wrong is scout artists with a low amount of submissions. [...] I know better than to scout people with stolen music, and I feel like I deserve a second chance.

Since I mentioned it on reddit, just gonna consolidate these:

via reddit: (you wrote) I haven’t been scouting people with stolen music???

Disagree

iu_1146948_1387436.png

iu_1146949_1387436.png

Usually I have done this, because the song sounded high quality, and I liked it a lot.

You must have searched for and scouted a bunch of people with any reference to the term "fire in the hole" as they all had issues and were 1) low quality and 2) the only submission the users had.

One submission does not meet the criteria to offer people audio portal membership, as you can't get a sense of their actual ability (and even less when most of those had a bunch of meme clips in it).

Your scout privilege is gone. You remain a member of the audio portal and can share music, but will not be able to invite others.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-14 19:09:34 (edited 2024-01-14 19:17:56)

At 1/14/24 07:07 PM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote:
At 1/14/24 06:59 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 1/14/24 06:49 PM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote: Hello! I was recently unscouted for “scouting artists with stolen music”. The last thing I recall the only thing I feel like I have done wrong is scout artists with a low amount of submissions. [...] I know better than to scout people with stolen music, and I feel like I deserve a second chance.
Disagree

Usually I have done this, because the song sounded high quality, and I liked it a lot.
You must have searched for and scouted a bunch of people with any reference to the term "fire in the hole" as they all had issues and were 1) low quality and 2) the only submission the users had.

One submission does not meet the criteria to offer people audio portal membership, as you can't get a sense of their actual ability (and even less when most of those had a bunch of meme clips in it).

Your scout privilege is gone. You remain a member of the audio portal and can share music, but will not be able to invite others.
Again, I also disagree. I clearly didn’t read the description. I’m dyslexic.

This is also a shared account between me and my brother. It’s likely that he has been doing things against my consent while not having read the audio guidelines. He’s also 2 years younger than me, and he’s on serious GD brainrot right now

I AM NOT lying when I say this is not my fault in the slightest

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-14 19:33:27 (edited 2024-01-14 19:34:25)

At 1/14/24 07:31 PM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote:
At 1/14/24 06:59 PM, Pingu wrote:
Disagree

Will I be able to become scoutable again if I create a new account? Is that allowed or is that ban evasion?

I’m trying my best to comply with these unnecessarily strict audio guidelines and restrictions. This ban was unjust.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-14 19:41:13

At 1/14/24 07:33 PM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote: Will I be able to become scoutable again if I create a new account? Is that allowed or is that ban evasion?

Going around consequences can lead to account termination.

I’m trying my best to comply with these unnecessarily strict audio guidelines and restrictions.

I don't see how this was unnecessarily strict? Your account scouted bad stuff, and had consequences. There risk to sharing accounts online.

This ban was unjust.

You aren't banned. Take some time to chill a bit. I have to tinker on your profile a bit to fix something so you may get some notifications.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-14 19:45:19

At 1/14/24 07:44 PM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote:
At 1/14/24 07:41 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 1/14/24 07:33 PM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote: Will I be able to become scoutable again if I create a new account? Is that allowed or is that ban evasion?
Going around consequences can lead to account termination.

I’m trying my best to comply with these unnecessarily strict audio guidelines and restrictions.
I don't see how this was unnecessarily strict? Your account scouted bad stuff, and had consequences. There risk to sharing accounts online.

This ban was unjust.
You aren't banned. Take some time to chill a bit. I have to tinker on your profile a bit to fix something so you may get some notifications.

Wait, what do you mean tinker? Can you elaborate what youre doing

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-14 19:49:08

At 1/14/24 07:45 PM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote: Wait, what do you mean tinker? Can you elaborate what youre doing

Your ability to scout others was revoked (intentional) but it also knocked you out of the scouted audio section (unintended, in this case). That could be a bug which I've passed up to the admin.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-14 19:57:44

At 1/14/24 07:49 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 1/14/24 07:45 PM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote: Wait, what do you mean tinker? Can you elaborate what youre doing
Your ability to scout others was revoked (intentional) but it also knocked you out of the scouted audio section (unintended, in this case). That could be a bug which I've passed up to the admin.

That’s the problem I had to deal with. It’s not the being able to scout others being my problem, it’s the being scouted itself. Thank you Pingu. I will be more responsible with my account from now on.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-15 02:15:10

At 1/14/24 07:09 PM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote: This is also a shared account between me and my brother. It’s likely that he has been doing things against my consent while not having read the audio guidelines. He’s also 2 years younger than me, and he’s on serious GD brainrot right now

I would strongly suggest you make your brother get his own account, change your password, and log out of all your sessions. Get 2-FA while you're at it.

He has likely been using yours to get rule breaking content into GD. It's an addiction. People will lie, cheat and steal, anything for the dopamine.

Explain to your brother too that it takes a lot more than being scouted on NG to get into GD. Now you need that AND to be put on the white list by the GD elder mods. Basically if you weren't grandfathered in prior to the whitelist updates, it can take months if not years, maybe even never, all thanks to people acting exactly like your brother and his favorite uploaders.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-15 09:13:15

At 1/15/24 02:15 AM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 1/14/24 07:09 PM, TheSweaterCinderace wrote: This is also a shared account between me and my brother. It’s likely that he has been doing things against my consent while not having read the audio guidelines. He’s also 2 years younger than me, and he’s on serious GD brainrot right now

I would strongly suggest you make your brother get his own account, change your password, and log out of all your sessions. Get 2-FA while you're at it.

He has likely been using yours to get rule breaking content into GD. It's an addiction. People will lie, cheat and steal, anything for the dopamine.

Explain to your brother too that it takes a lot more than being scouted on NG to get into GD. Now you need that AND to be put on the white list by the GD elder mods. Basically if you weren't grandfathered in prior to the whitelist updates, it can take months if not years, maybe even never, all thanks to people acting exactly like your brother and his favorite uploaders.

I will, thank you for the advice.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-15 13:33:55 (edited 2024-01-15 13:40:57)

hi, I went to upload a song named vortex, a song i had previously made and released on Spotify before, only to get hit by my own copyright. if i need to somehow prove that Spotify account is mine, I'd be willing to do so, I've always considered my Newgrounds account my main music platform

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2024-01-15 15:14:56

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

To keep things moving along, make sure you have done the following FIRST:

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

Hello very good afternoon or evening, I am an independent artist of electronic and experimental music, the thing is that I have previously uploaded my music to streaming sites like Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer and so on. 

When I wanted to upload my music from immediately I got a copyright warning on my music, and those copyrights are my property. Here is my appeal about all my emails, UPC codes:https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/90901

If you could kindly check my music and about the loops I would be very grateful. Thank you for your attention.