00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tallya just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

39,698 Views | 592 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-11-23 15:23:40

At 11/23/23 03:01 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 11/22/23 11:56 PM, MateoR2 wrote: i got a copyright infringement on my audio
because i tried to put a samsung ringtone for an audio and now i cant upload audio
what do i do?
Don't upload songs you didn't make yourself, for one! If you write your own songs and follow the rest of the audio portal rules, you can come back and get unbanned.

i deleted p bots message

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-11-28 09:06:26

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

To keep things moving along, make sure you have done the following FIRST:

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

RESPONSE

Hi,

1. proof this account is mine - so I have a GD account with the same username, and I also have proof that the GD account is mine. The GD account is owned by my email, rachit.rg30@gmail.com and you can send an email on there to prove that this is my account.
  2. My appeal for claim on this account - so basically i have a song that I want to upload and it is 2 songs that I can use legally - it is basically Stereo Madness played at the same time as At The Speed Of Light - and don't worry I will give credit to both of them.

Also I hope that this is the right area to reply and I am not supposed to be filling in a form.

If so, then please let me know so that I can do that.

Thanks!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-11-28 16:35:05

At 11/28/23 09:06 AM, HeckerGamerHere wrote: basically i have a song that I want to upload and it is 2 songs that I can use legally - it is basically Stereo Madness played at the same time as At The Speed Of Light - and don't worry I will give credit to both of them.

Mashing up two songs which don't belong to you does not allow you to upload it here

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-11-28 19:34:44

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

To keep things moving along, make sure you have done the following FIRST:

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

I made music, and published it here, I was blamed by the bot for copyright but I had made it. I had made a couple songs before the one that caused this, and it has been about 6 months by estimation since I messaged my private feed. When click on the option to upload audio, one of the things it says is this: "Your audio has been matched to 'Fork Three: Stage Four', by Ben Chase."

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-11-28 20:50:51

At 11/28/23 07:34 PM, MyNameIsToday wrote: I made music, and published it here, I was blamed by the bot for copyright but I had made it. I had made a couple songs before the one that caused this, and it has been about 6 months by estimation since I messaged my private feed. When click on the option to upload audio, one of the things it says is this: "Your audio has been matched to 'Fork Three: Stage Four', by Ben Chase."

This can happen if you select to close your case by accident. Maybe we need to clarify better what these buttons mean. Anyway, I've reviewed your case and approved your appeals.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-11-30 02:35:08

At 11/28/23 04:35 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 11/28/23 09:06 AM, HeckerGamerHere wrote: basically i have a song that I want to upload and it is 2 songs that I can use legally - it is basically Stereo Madness played at the same time as At The Speed Of Light - and don't worry I will give credit to both of them.
Mashing up two songs which don't belong to you does not allow you to upload it here

so now what do I do?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-11 12:49:00

i made a few notes and didnt realise someone else had made something very very similar. i had no idea what "three notes" by rainphyer was. i didnt do anything wrong!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-11 13:05:06

Good evening, I chose the wrong file with copyright and because of this I was blocked and I can no longer download music, is it possible to fake something with this?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-11 13:10:49

Hello, I was banned for publishing the wrong track on my account, is there any way I can try to remove it?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-13 20:59:35

I uploaded a song i made using the club penguin samples, I didn´t knew those had copyright ;( I appealed but nothing happened https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/edit/80699

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-15 17:47:56

I had written my appeal here instead, only because I couldn't find the original PM;

https://shartedfart819.newgrounds.com/news/post/1408071

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-15 17:55:38

Also, just to help a friend out, he has his account on hold for audio too I think;

https://tuffztoonz.newgrounds.com/news/post/1396070

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-16 21:43:22 (edited 2023-12-16 21:43:58)

I guess I'll just leave this here to help out my pal. He stated that the ban imposed on him is unfair, mentioning that his uploads were neither spam nor harmful. He has provided explanations for the specific types of songs he uploaded to the audio portal.

https://atlex44.newgrounds.com/news/post/1398179

@Atlex44

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-20 01:51:49 (edited 2023-12-20 01:53:44)

hi. my uplaoding audio thing was banned bc i tried to upload the funeral march way back when. and i cant do as much as delete it even, would you be able to 1. delete that audio forever? 2. reinstate my audio privileges?

i swear i will only upload my own music from now on (or music that i covered[if thats alright]).

also im sorry for doing the thing i did. i legit didnt know it was copywrited.

thank you =)

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-20 06:13:58 (edited 2023-12-20 06:18:26)

My case: I'm uploading the Song "Control" by Unknown Brain X Rival because it isn't here and I want to use it in Geometry Dash. (It hasn't been 3 days yet tho)

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-20 20:42:26 (edited 2023-12-20 20:43:47)

I had a song called fatties get copyrighted. The person who did copyrighted was called Gerflump and named the song onion beans. When you look up his name and song nothing comes up. This must be a false flag and I plead to get unbanned. Thank you

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/85141

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-20 21:57:05

At 12/20/23 06:13 AM, GamingSaberYT99 wrote: I want to use it in Geometry Dash

At 12/20/23 08:42 PM, WynnThorn wrote: I had a song called fatties get copyrighted.

You missed the part where you can only upload your own music

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-21 00:46:54

oh ok then

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-21 06:21:34

At 12/20/23 09:57 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 12/20/23 08:42 PM, WynnThorn wrote: I had a song called fatties get copyrighted.

I was being negligent, I am sorry for that. But the song isnt copyrighted and is made by an underground artist. Can I atleast have a change in my audio ban status?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-21 21:36:44

Hi, i made a chiptune song and it was claimed to be a copy of "Level Up", by Голод,I listened to the song and it sounded nothing like mine,So i made an appeal and it has been a few days i hope this can be sorted out.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-22 00:28:28

At 12/21/23 09:36 PM, TheKindDevil wrote: Hi, i made a chiptune song and it was claimed to be a copy of "Level Up", by Голод,I listened to the song and it sounded nothing like mine,So i made an appeal and it has been a few days i hope this can be sorted out.

Sometimes this happens unfortunately. Due to people constantly uploading songs they didn't make for Geometry Dash, we've had to integrate this sort of Shazam feature, which auto-bans people for doing that sort of thing. It's more lenient than it was previously, but it still gets things wrong every so often. That's what the appeal system is for. Just make sure if you ever run into this again, you don't click "close case." That's WHY it's been a few days with no news. That button causes your ticket to disappear from our notification system.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-22 00:30:49

At 12/21/23 06:21 AM, WynnThorn wrote:
At 12/20/23 09:57 PM, Pingu wrote:
I was being negligent, I am sorry for that. But the song isnt copyrighted and is made by an underground artist. Can I atleast have a change in my audio ban status?

No, but if you go and learn how to make your own music, you are welcome to come back here and ask to be unbanned. Just make sure you don't violate any other audio portal guidelines. Music should be written and produced by you. Or if you want to include samples or loops, at least 50% of it must be your own work, and the samples/loops must be royalty free or used with proper licensing.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-22 16:57:28

I am very mad because one of my songs got taken down and I am blocked from uploading other songs. I decided to dedicate over 5 hours of my life to create the first song that doesn't use helper software and make it only in Ableton Live 11. Somehow the "highly trained" system found a part that matches a song from around 2013 (edm song) and now I can't upload songs. I have messaged the moderators twice and they haven't answered me at all in almost 5 months. Please can someone point me in the right direction because I have some songs that I want to upload to Newgrounds.

Btw, the song that is supposedly matched to mine sounds nothing like it at all and I'm not sure what prompted the takedown and mods ignoring me but it sure as hell isn't that song. Please help and fix your system.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-22 17:23:29

At 12/22/23 04:57 PM, HighTideYT wrote: Please help and fix your system.

You closed your own appeal, and have since promised to ban evade if it didn't go your way. Not a great look.

iu_1133493_1387436.png

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-22 17:27:34 (edited 2023-12-22 17:28:10)

At 12/22/23 05:23 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 12/22/23 04:57 PM, HighTideYT wrote: Please help and fix your system.
You closed your own appeal, and have since promised to ban evade if it didn't go your way. Not a great look.

If I remove that message would that be ok? I see a message on TangerMusic's page that says the same thing so I thought it was allowed?

iu_1133494_10438540.png

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-22 17:34:29

At 12/22/23 05:27 PM, HighTideYT wrote: If I remove that message would that be ok? I see a message on TangerMusic's page that says the same thing so I thought it was allowed?

Nope. Thanks for bringing it up though.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-22 17:40:33

At 12/22/23 05:34 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 12/22/23 05:27 PM, HighTideYT wrote: If I remove that message would that be ok? I see a message on TangerMusic's page that says the same thing so I thought it was allowed?

np

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-23 01:02:49 (edited 2023-12-23 01:20:00)

At 12/22/23 05:40 PM, HighTideYT wrote:
At 12/22/23 05:34 PM, Pingu wrote:
np

What Pingu is saying is removing the message won't mean your ban will go away, and it is highly advisable you don't make a new account (ban evasion). We've had lots of people do that in the past and it leads to their accounts being deleted for doing it over and over while spamming uploads. One ban isn't going to ruin your whole acc. Just wait it out and come back with music you actually composed.

EDIT: Wow I wrote a lot of these paragraphs for nothing but I'm going to leave it here because I did see TangerMusic's newspost in this thread. Sorry for wasting your time! If you see anyone swapping acapellas on NG and calling it theirs, feel free to save this somewhere for a copypasta.

I want to clarify that to date music with AI tools is not banned so long as YOU are the author of the musical elements, not the AI or someone else, and you follow all the other Audio Portal Guidelines.

Let me explain the caveats, since I make music with AI voice myself.

The key if you want to use your cool AI toys is to do it like me. I actually sing the underlying vocal tracks, or otherwise have written them myself. You may think that defeats the purpose of using AI voice changers, but it's this distinction that legally grants me intellectual property rights and/or the legal right to call it a cover song. It also means like a traditional cover song that the result isn't just a carbon copy of the original vocal, and I can do cool stuff like translate the song into an alternate language (like Russian) and sound like the original artist.

If you do a cover track, you must purchase a cover license to post it to NG or Spotify or whatever. You can't just upload a track and swap out the voice and call that a cover, because it's legally not.

You also can't use the instrumental on a AI voice cover track legally because it's someone else's property. Doing that requires a mechanical license, which is much more expensive and harder to get than the cover license. (My covers cost me 12 dollars a year -- if you want to know more, you can reach me here or Discord, same name)

As an aside, the reason you can't just swap acapellas or do a cover over a non-royalty-free instrumental is the reason NG can't host mashups -- nobody bothers to buy mechanical licenses for them; they're as hard to get as they are to afford, and I think they can also be revoked at any time.

So in short, if you use AI voice, that doesn't necessarily mean you will get banned. You have to follow other rules and make your own track, or completely remake the instrumental yourself (without breaking any other rules, which is really just the law at that point)

Hope that helps answer your questions.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-24 17:40:10

I accidentally uploaded the refrence song for my bad burger remix. I had them named bad burger 1 and 2 and I uploaded 1 which is the reference track. Now to prove I actually made my own version I have it in a google drive link below.

"https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XY_iQEaK5ErYPerj5yo2tysvNhP8lleM/view?usp=sharing" - MY VERSION

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XY_iQEaK5ErYPerj5yo2tysvNhP8lleM/view?usp=sharing" - HIS VERSION

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-12-24 17:56:22

At 12/24/23 05:40 PM, StarterStand wrote: I accidentally uploaded the refrence song for my bad burger remix.

Hey there its been 2 hours, you can wait a bit. Focus for this topic is people who may have been waiting a while

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

BBS Signature