00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ada242 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

38,545 Views | 561 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-08 04:19:06

Can I have my account back? I infringed carelessly onto another IP and I acknowledge that I am in the wrong. I am deeply sorry for this. I appealed, and have waited a month, I hope this gets resolved, thank you in advance.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-10 01:22:41

At 3/1/23 02:28 PM, Misile wrote: Hello. I tried making dubstep for the first time. I don't think it was very good, but I still wanted to share it. It got flagged for using the same two chords on a piano: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/52696

I just was wondering, does closing the case mean I cannot be appealed, cause in that case I'm screwed

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-10 01:31:21 (edited 2023-03-10 01:31:33)

At 3/10/23 01:22 AM, Misile wrote:
At 3/1/23 02:28 PM, Misile wrote: Hello. I tried making dubstep for the first time. I don't think it was very good, but I still wanted to share it. It got flagged for using the same two chords on a piano: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/52696
I just was wondering, does closing the case mean I cannot be appealed, cause in that case I'm screwed

hey bud,

just to let you know, the reason that this BBS thread exists is pretty much for (what im guessing) is the situation that you find yourself in currently

please read about the thread (link below), make some decisions about your situation, and then if you need to post here, write a precise and professional statement about your situation, your complaint, and other details so that a mod can look into the matter and assist you in finding an appropriate final answer

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1489791/1#bbspost27145220_post_text

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-10 01:38:04

At 3/8/23 04:19 AM, m8man wrote: Can I have my account back? I infringed carelessly onto another IP and I acknowledge that I am in the wrong. I am deeply sorry for this. I appealed, and have waited a month, I hope this gets resolved, thank you in advance.

if you are looking for account recovery, it is best to attempt to recover the password through the password recovery section of the login section on the login page.

if your account was removed for copyright infringement OR violations to the user agreement or one of the clearly listed rules that is dead center and one of the first things that you have to read over before you post on the submissions page when you are attempting to upload a new submission to any of the portals, then the account is basically gone.

if you need further assistance, its best to contact one of the admins on the website for further assistance

the user @tomfulp may be able to shed more light on your situation

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-10 14:46:04 (edited 2023-03-10 14:49:21)

Hello there again. I just wanted to post a replacement statement after feedback I received previously. I don't believe this statement and my appeal statement were all that good. As I have said before, I closed my appeal. When I was writing, I was really confused about the whole situation. I didn't really understand what closing an appeal meant, I just thought it meant you had finished typing. This was a big mistake, as now my appeal has become invisible to moderators, so I am having to share my situation here.

I had tried making a dubstep song for the first time and I didn't think it was a good song, but I felt like I should document my first attempt and show how I improved. However, when I went to upload the audio file, the system matched it to "I'm not alright" by Isabel. It was a pretty unknown song on SoundCloud, however I went to listen to it and it definitely contained similar audio stems to my song.

On GarageBand, you can use a feature on the keyboard called AutoPlay. You select a chord and it will play a small melody with those chords. I chose to do this on a piano and recorded it into my song. I believe the other song also used to the same process, so it was picked up by the P-Bot.

I left a pretty bad appeal, just saying that I thought I owned rights to the audio stems. I was probably wrong, I'm not aware with the rules on Newgrounds or with copyright law. I will also admit to wrong doing. I did use stock loops on GarageBand for SFX and the beat in the song.

Thank you if you read this. I really hope I can upload music again. If I face a punishment, I will take it. I will try to work on my music to entirely remove stock loops, and use more original audio stems.

I will post my original (Not very good) appeal here, I'm not sure if mods can see it though: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/52696

I hope this situation from my stupidity can be resolved. Sorry for the big chunk of text. If you want to contact me you can PM me! Thanks!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-10 14:50:58

At 3/10/23 02:46 PM, Misile wrote:
Hello there again. I just wanted to post a replacement statement after feedback I received previously. I don't believe this statement and my appeal statement were all that good. As I have said before, I closed my appeal. When I was writing, I was really confused about the whole situation. I didn't really understand what closing an appeal meant, I just thought it meant you had finished typing. This was a big mistake, as now my appeal has become invisible to moderators, so I am having to share my situation here.

I had tried making a dubstep song for the first time and I didn't think it was a good song, but I felt like I should document my first attempt and show how I improved. However, when I went to upload the audio file, the system matched it to "I'm not alright" by Isabel. It was a pretty unknown song on SoundCloud, however I went to listen to it and it definitely contained similar audio stems to my song.

On GarageBand, you can use a feature on the keyboard called AutoPlay. You select a chord and it will play a small melody with those chords. I chose to do this on a piano and recorded it into my song. I believe the other song also used to the same process, so it was picked up by the P-Bot.

I left a pretty bad appeal, just saying that I thought I owned rights to the audio stems. I was probably wrong, I'm not aware with the rules on Newgrounds or with copyright law. I will also admit to wrong doing. I did use stock loops on GarageBand for SFX and the beat in the song.

Thank you if you read this. I really hope I can upload music again. If I face a punishment, I will take it. I will try to work on my music to entirely remove stock loops, and use more original audio stems.

I will post my original (Not very good) appeal here, I'm not sure if mods can see it though: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/52696

I hope this situation from my stupidity can be resolved. Sorry for the big chunk of text. If you want to contact me you can PM me! Thanks!

Now that is a quality Post

Wow.

Very impressed

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-10 18:43:33

At 3/10/23 02:50 PM, tox wrote:
At 3/1/23 02:28 PM, Misile wrote:
Now that is a quality Post
Wow.
Very impressed

Koala Tea, and honestly exactly the kind of post which helps move things along.

iu_918219_1387436.png

I should be up to date on the thread, long week. Gonna try and work through the backlog of open appeals a bit this weekend for any passers by.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-11 05:13:09 (edited 2023-03-11 05:16:06)

At 3/10/23 01:38 AM, tox wrote:
At 3/8/23 04:19 AM, m8man wrote: Can I have my account back? I infringed carelessly onto another IP and I acknowledge that I am in the wrong. I am deeply sorry for this. I appealed, and have waited a month, I hope this gets resolved, thank you in advance.
if you are looking for account recovery, it is best to attempt to recover the password through the password recovery section of the login section on the login page.
if your account was removed for copyright infringement OR violations to the user agreement or one of the clearly listed rules that is dead center and one of the first things that you have to read over before you post on the submissions page when you are attempting to upload a new submission to any of the portals, then the account is basically gone.

if you need further assistance, its best to contact one of the admins on the website for further assistance
the user @tomfulp may be able to shed more light on your situation

I meant that I cannot upload audio anymore, I hope this issue can get resolved, I was being stupid and made a mistake, as we all do from time to time.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-11 08:11:14

At 3/11/23 05:13 AM, m8man wrote: I meant that I cannot upload audio anymore, I hope this issue can get resolved, I was being stupid and made a mistake, as we all do from time to time.

No, that privilege is lost. Several points during the upload process you had to acknowledge that you would only upload music that you made yourself. Wanting things for a GD level is the most common excuse for theft.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-12 17:05:55

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

To keep things moving along, make sure you have done the following FIRST:

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

I uploaded a song and it got copyrighted by some random song that I didn't even know about. I read the rules and they said no stock audio, so I closed the case. Now I still can't upload any audio and the ban message that I got never said how long the ban would last for. I just really want to share my skill and music to the world, and this ban is making it really hard (impossible) to do that.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-13 16:17:23

Hey, I uploaded a song here and I got a message saying that there was some copyright infringement in my song, P-Bot said that I had something in there that was a part of a couple other songs even though I Made it myself, meaning it shouldn't be copyright claimed. I would like this to be fixed. Thank you.

ApeiriophobicGD

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-13 16:19:07

At 3/13/23 04:17 PM, ApeirophobicGD wrote: Hey, I uploaded a song here and I got a message saying that there was some copyright infringement in my song, P-Bot said that I had something in there that was a part of a couple other songs even though I Made it myself, meaning it shouldn't be copyright claimed. I would like this to be fixed. Thank you.

I know you're mad, but please don't forget your pleases and thank yous, we aren't robots, we have feelings too

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-13 16:33:21

At 3/13/23 04:19 PM, tox wrote:
At 3/13/23 04:17 PM, ApeirophobicGD wrote: Hey, I uploaded a song here and I got a message saying that there was some copyright infringement in my song, P-Bot said that I had something in there that was a part of a couple other songs even though I Made it myself, meaning it shouldn't be copyright claimed. I would like this to be fixed. Thank you.
I know you're mad, but please don't forget your pleases and thank yous, we aren't robots, we have feelings too

Sorry, I'm mainly just confused, I haven't even heard of the 2 songs that P-Bot mentioned, forgot the names of them.

ApeiriophobicGD

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-13 17:12:13

At 3/13/23 04:33 PM, ApeirophobicGD wrote: I haven't even heard of the 2 songs that P-Bot mentioned, forgot the names of them.

Its possible you used similar loop packs or samples, or even the same software as the songs referenced. It isn't a formal copyright claim, it compares your work against existing music.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-14 00:15:34

At 3/11/23 08:11 AM, Pingu wrote:
At 3/11/23 05:13 AM, m8man wrote: I meant that I cannot upload audio anymore, I hope this issue can get resolved, I was being stupid and made a mistake, as we all do from time to time.
No, that privilege is lost. Several points during the upload process you had to acknowledge that you would only upload music that you made yourself. Wanting things for a GD level is the most common excuse for theft.

I see, sorry for any inconvienience, have a nice day

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-14 20:42:53

At 3/13/23 05:12 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 3/13/23 04:33 PM, ApeirophobicGD wrote: I haven't even heard of the 2 songs that P-Bot mentioned, forgot the names of them.
Its possible you used similar loop packs or samples, or even the same software as the songs referenced. It isn't a formal copyright claim, it compares your work against existing music.

Understood, I used this website called SoundTrap but I would like to have the privilege to upload music back because I have a song called Frozen(not related to the Frozen movies) and would like to try and upload it. Please.

ApeiriophobicGD

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-21 02:42:24

Hey Yo, Can staff close or appeal my request be going on for bout a year cause I can't post my other music and beats. Or better yet approve my song it's says its copywrited but I can't even find the song its related too. Couldn't post anything for a about a year. Pls help.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-21 06:45:06

At 3/21/23 02:42 AM, MrHoly wrote: Couldn't post anything for a about a year. Pls help.

7 months, not a year.

To clarify the message you got at the time, it isn't necessarily copyright (and isnt in this case) but the system also picks up on many programs stock loops (garageband, soundtrap, MAGIX music maker). Appeal was closed by a mod for over relying on stock loops.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-21 12:28:10 (edited 2023-03-21 12:41:46)

At 3/21/23 06:45 AM, Pingu wrote:
At 3/21/23 02:42 AM, MrHoly wrote: Couldn't post anything for a about a year. Pls help.
7 months, not a year.

To clarify the message you got at the time, it isn't necessarily copyright (and isnt in this case) but the system also picks up on many programs stock loops (garageband, soundtrap, MAGIX music maker). Appeal was closed by a mod for over relying on stock loops.

What's wrong with using loops? Is it bad? I also have the license to use it too if you need prove I can send you some screen shots if need be. Also can't upload anything it says there is an hold on my account.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-21 16:53:11

At 3/21/23 12:28 PM, MrHoly wrote: What's wrong with using loops? Is it bad?

Quoting from our guidelines for clarity:

You may not use stock loops/samples in an unoriginal arrangement.

There are plenty of pre-made loop packages available. Simply mixing these loops isn't your own original work; you will need to make more effort to create something unique.

I also have the license to use it too if you need prove I can send you some screen shots if need be.

Not necessary.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-22 22:25:23

Hey, I accidentally missclicked on a audio, now my project is my ringtone, how do I delete this track? I would appreciate if this track would be deleted, thanks

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-25 11:20:05 (edited 2023-03-25 11:21:33)

Hi, Months ago I was banned for copyrighting MDK’s Press Start when I was making a mashup of 2 soundtracks, one (MDK - Geometry Dash Unofficial Full Song) by me and the other (MDK - Press Start) by MDK. The mashup incorporates 50% of My take on MDK’s Geometry Dash and the other 50% on MDK’S Press start, but I was still banned for it, pls help

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-25 11:33:39

At 3/25/23 11:20 AM, SonicRacing999 wrote: Hi, Months ago I was banned for copyrighting MDK’s Press Start when I was making a mashup of 2 soundtracks, one (MDK - Geometry Dash Unofficial Full Song) by me and the other (MDK - Press Start) by MDK. The mashup incorporates 50% of My take on MDK’s Geometry Dash and the other 50% on MDK’S Press start, but I was still banned for it, pls help

hey bud

I just wandered through the rules:

https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/audio-guidelines

and it's pretty clear that people are not allowed to upload content that they did not create

"Do not upload audio that you did not create"

and

"Do not upload music you did not make because you want to use it in Geometry Dash."

Newgrounds is a place for artists, authors, and creatives to express themselves in a protected area. If you upload other people's content what would Newgrounds become in not some kind of Twitter or youtube website?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-26 16:54:35

At 3/25/23 11:33 AM, tox wrote:
At 3/25/23 11:20 AM, SonicRacing999 wrote: Hi, Months ago I was banned for copyrighting MDK’s Press Start when I was making a mashup of 2 soundtracks, one (MDK - Geometry Dash Unofficial Full Song) by me and the other (MDK - Press Start) by MDK. The mashup incorporates 50% of My take on MDK’s Geometry Dash and the other 50% on MDK’S Press start, but I was still banned for it, pls help
hey bud

I just wandered through the rules:
https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/audio-guidelines

and it's pretty clear that people are not allowed to upload content that they did not create
"Do not upload audio that you did not create"
and
"Do not upload music you did not make because you want to use it in Geometry Dash."

Newgrounds is a place for artists, authors, and creatives to express themselves in a protected area. If you upload other people's content what would Newgrounds become in not some kind of Twitter or youtube website?

I’m only an Amatuer musician, so that was my first attempt to make a remix of Press Start by MDK. I filed an appeal, but after it ended, my ban was not lifted. And I also lost access to my own appeal.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-26 18:35:56

At 3/26/23 04:54 PM, SonicRacing999 wrote: I filed an appeal, but after it ended, my ban was not lifted. And I also lost access to my own appeal.

You closed the appeal so nobody but you saw it.

In this instance, the "remix" was majority MDK's stems, so it's not going back up. Ditto the "mashup" of audio stems you don't have rights to. Newgrounds isn't here to be a dumping place for low effort things people want to use in Geometry Dash.

The rest of this will be sorted by PM

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-04-04 23:34:11 (edited 2023-04-04 23:35:11)

Hi, I uploaded a song and got a copyright infringement of a song called "False Feeling" by Док Тейк, I never heard this song and I couldn't even find it, also I wrote an appeal but I closed it accidentally :/

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-04-06 18:21:07

How do I send an appeal because I was using loops but I didn't know that the song was similar to Terror by Randy WA

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-04-07 14:45:02

At 4/6/23 06:21 PM, captors-variety714 wrote: I was using loops

This continues to come up so again a reminder to folks that strining loops together doesn't meet acceptable criteria in many cases. More on that slightly up the thread and in various parts of the forum.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-04-16 11:56:44

Hello everyone,

I kind of messed up: I wanted to upload 2 versions of my song "Summer", one full version and a shorter version to be used in Geometry Dash. Originally I only uploaded the full version, which was flagged for copyright infringement. However, after a few days it was found that no infringement was done.

However, I didn't know that you couldn't upload several files to one project (I thought you could because it said "file(s)"). Because of this I tried to add the short version to the project, which ended up being flagged again, because it was a new file. However, since I figured that out before it was flagged I created another project.

To sum it up: Old project used to be full version, but was replaced with short version, new project is only full version. However, after both projects were flagged, I only got to appeal one of the two, the new one. I guess this is because I already appealed the old one, however, I know don't know wether the original one will be approved too.

I'm sorry for messing up, this is my first time posting to the site and I am already going through the nightmares of copyright filters and possibly made it harder for the mods. I was just wondering wether I am okay or if I'll need to make yet another new project because the old one won't work out anymore.

iu_949543_16463266.png

Here you can see what I mean: the OG project was flagged and approved. I changed the file on the OG project and made a new one, both flagged, only an appeal for 1.

I hope we can get this sorted out, and again, I'm sorry for the trouble.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-04-19 18:44:00

At 3/22/23 10:25 PM, F34RMusic wrote: Hey, I accidentally missclicked on a audio, now my project is my ringtone, how do I delete this track? I would appreciate if this track would be deleted, thanks

You can replace the audio with your actual work.