00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SubjugatedSandwich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Appeal Thread

38,551 Views | 561 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-17 20:55:09

At 1/17/23 09:44 AM, SyeetEndy wrote: @Pingu. How do I verify my copyrights to my songs, that I own on this platform? I even left a link to official group in the description of track "The Wishhouse by Syeet Endy" (https://vk.com/sunriseovernight) . And my appeal about copyright was closed for no reason.

Send a message to TomFulp about this one, he closed it

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-19 16:22:06

At 1/19/23 12:54 PM, Seth wrote: The content ID system here has been giving a lot of false positives in its short history.

It uses youtube and a few other libraries as a reference point. If it comes up with a potential match, it lists the closest result (which everyone interprets as being a copyright claim). 1 for 1 theft aside, it generally picks up on common samples, loops, and other oft-used items like the amen break.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-19 16:33:05

At 1/19/23 04:29 PM, Seth wrote: So, in short, we're looking at always an identified track, most of the time being a false match? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything; I'm just saying it's what it sounds like to me.

No the majority of submissions pass by, but some users personal style seems to be more prone to consistent flags. I'd venture the DAW they use might have something to do with it.

There's no perfect solution. Options are everyone manually approved; bot does what it can and mods adjudicate error; or do nothing like it was for years when people could just get away with uploading whatever.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-20 14:13:22

At 12/20/21 05:54 PM, Pingu wrote: Hi there!

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

To keep things moving along, make sure you have done the following FIRST:

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

Hello,

I think I had 124 tra ks posted, now they are gone please help, here is the only place they exist thankyou

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-20 14:34:36

At 1/20/23 02:13 PM, snoballandthmonyshot wrote: Hello,
I think I had 124 tra ks posted, now they are gone please help, here is the only place they exist thankyou

iu_872951_1387436.png

I don't see a problem

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-21 03:00:29

At 1/20/23 02:34 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 1/20/23 02:13 PM, snoballandthmonyshot wrote: Hello,
I don't see a problem

They're back!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-23 20:31:02 (edited 2023-01-23 20:31:29)

i accidentally closed the appeal for my song "New Folder". what do i do now? there was no copyright and the work i made was all my own.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-24 22:00:58

You're upset that one of your songs was flagged by our scanning program, and want to come ask about it. To consolidate all the little threads which float in Where is/How to and Audio forums, we've created a collective spot to dump your grief.

If you meet the above criteria AND it has been a few days since you filed the appeal (greater than 3), post your case here and we'll look into it.

Keep in mind, we are sorting through all the appeals manually which takes time to do properly for all parties involved. This process can be hampered by not providing supporting material at the outset.

Be polite.

Hey it's me again but this time it's different. I tried to upload a different song but then I re-uploaded the same song by accident and now it says it can't publish anything. Is there anything I can do??

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-01-30 22:21:21

Be polite.

so do i just make a news post for an appeal

Fredrick piss water the 3rd

my best thread

My channel :)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-04 07:20:43 (edited 2023-02-04 07:21:55)

Just why. I was making a song and publish on newgrounds. But then i got banned for copyright. I Dont know what is this song that copyrighed. Like i have zero clue what is that. That must be broken. And it doesn't match up that song anyway. (sorry for my english im polish)

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-07 12:39:07

Hello! I’ve been away for a while and turns out I was banned for uploading my original music. On 24th of September user reported my songs as stolen on Audio Portal Cleanup thread. As proof, they provided youtube videos that were generated by my publisher.

I didn’t find any other feedback options (for some reason I can’t post an appeal), so I'm terribly sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong thread.

Please, help me!

Thanks!

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-07 16:42:47

Be polite.

Hi there!

I recently posted a song and it copy claimed. I used the "the missile knows where it is at all times" clip. The clip i used in the song, was only the voice. It is not related to the song that i apparently copied (never heard of it before actually) I did not know the audio was copywrited, i was just trying to make a meme song. I simply found the audio clip on youtube and threw it in my song. I can send the project files to prove this. Please unblock my account, i really did not mean any harm.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-14 02:21:03

Hi, have a problem with track. The fact is that a month ago I published my "track" "Cybercrime". However, the news immediately came to me that I had violated copyright, and all because it was a loop-track. I didn't know that you can't upload your first track in the form of a short loop, for which I received a block. I closed the appeal, because a month has passed since the block, and they still didn’t answer me. What should I do?

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-14 06:31:09

At 2/14/23 02:21 AM, Bloodborned wrote: What should I do?

Are we pretending your other thread doesnt exist? You got your answer already

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-23 11:29:04

This is my remix of Crim3s - Lost. It has been deleted. I want to ask if it is possible to appeal? I just don't think it violates copyrights, which is true, I just checked it myself. It does not have third-party samples that are copyrighted.

https://youtu.be/ZNtUg0ERB_o

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-26 15:30:47

i got an infringement for Rockstar Blood by lonerswrld but i see this song all over soundcloud so im guessing its not under copyright but parts of it are

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-26 15:36:53

At 2/26/23 03:30 PM, SubZer0h wrote: i got an infringement for Rockstar Blood by lonerswrld but i see this song all over soundcloud so im guessing its not under copyright but parts of it are

You don't have right to that or Playboy Carti.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-26 15:57:16 (edited 2023-02-26 15:57:46)

At 2/26/23 03:36 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 2/26/23 03:30 PM, SubZer0h wrote: i got an infringement for Rockstar Blood by lonerswrld but i see this song all over soundcloud so im guessing its not under copyright but parts of it are

do i gotta get carti himself to post it or something or is there no way to get it on ng

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-26 16:10:13

At 2/26/23 03:57 PM, SubZer0h wrote:
do i gotta get carti himself to post it or something or is there no way to get it on ng

if you can get Carti to post it then you can enjoy the music directly on the newgrounds player, or you can put in the work and do a remix of the song so that it does not involve or break any of these rules:

https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/audio-guidelines

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-26 16:22:22

At 2/26/23 04:10 PM, tox wrote:
if you can get Carti to post it then you can enjoy the music directly on the newgrounds player, or you can put in the work and do a remix of the song so that it does not involve or break any of these rules:

yo wait what about f1lthy

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-26 16:24:58

At 2/26/23 04:22 PM, SubZer0h wrote:

what about them?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-26 16:27:41

At 2/26/23 04:24 PM, tox wrote:
what about them?

cuz i know i ain’t getting carti to post it but since filthy made the beat could they post it

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-26 16:29:55

At 2/26/23 04:27 PM, SubZer0h wrote:
At 2/26/23 04:24 PM, tox wrote:
what about them?
cuz i know i ain’t getting carti to post it but since filthy made the beat could they post it

if you can get them to post their original and not copyrighted material to newgrounds then yes, you can enjoy their music too on the newgrounds player

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-26 18:10:38

bro sent me on a side quest 😭😭🙏

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-26 22:38:23

Can I leave a remix on Stereo Madness? I have it on my account, but if it violates something, then I can immediately delete it, if it is. It has a completely different sound.

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-26 23:28:37

At 2/26/23 10:38 PM, g2961 wrote: Can I leave a remix on Stereo Madness? I have it on my account, but if it violates something, then I can immediately delete it, if it is. It has a completely different sound.

hey my dude, with audio submissions you need to read the rules and then determine if the audio would violate one of the rules that newgrounds has.

here is the list https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/audio-guidelines

you are far more in tune with audio tracks then I am, so use your best judgment

as pingu likes to say, don't be a dingus, I have confidence that you can figure this out and make us all proud! we are here to assist you IF you have audio for us to listen to, to determine the correct course of action that newgrounds would take on a given piece but we cant make statements on things that we cant hear

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-28 07:55:33

Извините но я загрузил одну песню решил попробовать на этом сайте для гд но меня заблокировали за нарушение авторских прав я больше так не буду делать

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-02-28 08:02:49

I was banned because at the end of my song There was this fl drop that sounded similar to some obscure song called expectations and I accidentally close the newgrounds appeal

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-01 14:28:58

Hello. I tried making dubstep for the first time. I don't think it was very good, but I still wanted to share it. It got flagged for using the same two chords on a piano: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/copyright/appeal/view/52696

Response to Audio Appeal Thread 2023-03-05 10:01:46

At 3/4/23 09:41 PM, Voiditisox wrote: after submitting the appeal I have been unable to upload any music to the site for about a couple months, [...] is it still being looked into?

It was never looked into as you closed your own appeal. In this case though, it was stock loops and samples in an unoriginal arrangement and that MAGIX music maker (especially JAM and the free editions) are generally not allowed because of both stock loops and licensing concerns.

BBS Signature