00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mxntjam just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Underrated Artist Hangout Thread

9,004 Views | 308 Replies

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-19 13:43:33

At 2/19/21 01:21 PM, Kerriska wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kerriska/crochet-x-pin
I have no shame.

A doll sucking a crochet like a dick, eh why not.

+ She is cute.

"On my Business card, I am a corporate president.

In my mind, I am a game developer.

But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata / Now I will always remember \

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-19 13:46:28

At 2/19/21 01:43 PM, Quarujee wrote: A doll sucking a crochet like a dick, eh why not.
+ She is cute.

A Doll sucking a pin, more like. “Crochet” is the doll’s name.

Unless, where you live, what we call pins you call crochets?

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-20 15:35:00

I made a new episode of my show Somewhere in Nowhere! They steal a car in this one!

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-21 16:27:36

At 2/19/21 07:00 AM, Quarujee wrote: Guys yesterday I just finished my very first cycle animation of my character. Check this out:

I've made this from scratch as I didn't have any good walk cycla animation to get inspired for, only Bowser for the frames, but other than that I made it all by myself. I'm just so proud I made it in a week. :D

And now she can at least wlak with her Father, Mother best pal and her "uncle" ^^

That's really cool!

Every time you stop running, I'm only getting closer

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-22 08:09:53

今日、猫の日だよ皆!

It's Cat Day in Japan guys ,so show some of your cat art if you have any! 8D

iu_246040_8538003.jpg

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-25 09:34:23

I wanted to put that aggie.io to good use.

iu_247777_7630396.jpg

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-26 06:13:12

I'ma keep the cat combo started by MellonSnow and continued by Kerriska going with a Triple Cat Combo posting a brief late night painting practice done in between the 4 pieces I'm working on. My noob ass tryna learn how to paint and step outta my safe world of flat colors.

3x Cat Comboiu_248216_7030383.jpg

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-27 08:14:50

At 2/26/21 06:13 AM, SaucySaucepan wrote: I'ma keep the cat combo started by MellonSnow and continued by Kerriska going with a Triple Cat Combo posting a brief late night painting practice done in between the 4 pieces I'm working on. My noob ass tryna learn how to paint and step outta my safe world of flat colors.

3x Cat Combo

Oh baby, a TRIPLE!

I’ll see myself out now.

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-28 12:31:36

You guys have probably all got the notif for this by now but I'll post it here anyway lol

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-28 12:41:32

At 2/28/21 12:31 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote: You guys have probably all got the notif for this by now but I'll post it here anyway lol

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1008660

I don't know if they would've got notified actually, I think tagging people in the descriptions of your submissions doesn't set off a notification, which seems like an odd exception but I'm still fairly certain it's the case.

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-28 14:14:49

Aight - Why Don't I do that thing I did and shout out another plethora of artists? Some of them will stretch the criteria like last time - But I do it because I'm a patron of the arts. Steamy Valentine's day edition!

@Cy-Owl (18+) Get you out of the way first - You're one of the few artists I see that has a style like yours, And If you see his art, You'll know exactly the style I refer to. Very 90's Cartoony, With Pinups galore. Kudos. (He's just under the 100 follower mark, So I can do this.)

@LapistheGardevoir (18+) Another one I really want to shout out - Me and Saucepan have been popping into their art thread because the only other person doing so is a redditor - But believe me you, Even if the kinks they have in their art isn't your speed, they've said they're brainstorming a skyrim comic, and with the expertise they show, I'm excited.

@BurntBeebs MACHINE! BRUSH. YOUR. TEETH. NOW.

@Radioexp Fantastic Character artist.

@KendallJT (18+) Shortstack Entrepreneur Extraordinaire.

@Puzzlegoblin (18+) Shortstack Entrepreneur E-- Wait...

@Rezllen Very Late 90's, Early 00's --- W-wait...?!

@IMPL1NG 90's... Trippy... F...

@vhsdreamland 90's. Vhs aesthetic - In the name!

@PlaguePixels Good Pixel artist!

@jumboji (18+)

@cheesycoke Very good Neon pop-art aesthetic!

I think that's enough for now.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-01 15:47:28

Hey y'all! Just wanted to say I finished my first round of art and while it took a little longer than expected it was a fun learning experience! Consider taking a gander if you'd like :)

iu_250282_7030383.jpg

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-01 18:09:58

At 3/1/21 03:47 PM, SaucySaucepan wrote: Hey y'all! Just wanted to say I finished my first round of art and while it took a little longer than expected it was a fun learning experience! Consider taking a gander if you'd like :)

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/saucysaucepan/her-name-is-jucika

Oh no she's adorable! I really love the shape of her eyes!

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-01 18:28:25

At 3/1/21 06:09 PM, MellonSnow wrote:
At 3/1/21 03:47 PM, SaucySaucepan wrote: Hey y'all! Just wanted to say I finished my first round of art and while it took a little longer than expected it was a fun learning experience! Consider taking a gander if you'd like :)

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/saucysaucepan/her-name-is-jucika
Oh no she's adorable! I really love the shape of her eyes!

Thank you!!! I really appreciate it. Jucika is one of those things I could draw over and over so I'm glad my direction with her is well received :)

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-05 15:50:59

im very late to this but thank you so much!!!

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-06 12:41:01

At 1/25/21 08:55 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote: Newgrounds is truly a place where artists from all walks of life can come onstage and make it big without being screwed over by algorithms and censorship and the like. Despite this there are still many artists on this site who put out great content and still don't get the recognition they deserve. And as a consequence of being underrated, it can be difficult to connect with other artists in a similar situation. Which sucks, because connecting with those who are also just trying to make it like you are, is a great opportunity to learn and grow with each other and learn what it takes to make something of yourself out in the vast, vast, cutthroat world of art.

So here is this thread to come and save the day! Maybe. Not sure whether this'll actually develop into anything or not, but I feel it's most certainly worth a shot, especially since I haven't seen anything like this in the BBS before.

If you're an artist who makes great art and you feel you have an unacceptably low follower count - or whatever the case may be - consider this thread your new home! If you want to interact with your fellow underrated artists about your crafts, your work ethics, why you create the art you create, your future plans for where to take your art, career choices, hobbies and other non-art-related things, whatever ends up happening! Let's try to make this a friendly chill zone where everyone is welcome.

I'll kickstart this thing off by pinging a whole bunch of artists that I personally consider underrated in hopes that they will heed the signal and flock on over! Feel free to ping artists you consider underrated yourself! I'd recommend not pinging anyone with more than 50-60 followers, but obviously this is just a general guideline. I'm also well aware I'm pretty much only pinging those who are primarily active in the Art and Movies Portals because that's just where my expertise is, but underrated game devs and musicians are most certainly welcome here too!

Anyways, let's get this thing going hopefully.

@AdepthZone
@AshlynniisBrackets
@asemsera
@Blankyboi19
@Citrine106
@Cowzey
@cribble
@DozyMike
@DSixZey
@dunkleshreken
@ElemenopeeN
@FoofooCuddlypoop
@GenericAnime
@Gvilyam
@headstove
@heartcandi
@Holokin
@IquooArt
@JackyCoco
@JavaJake
@JustRigo
@Kerriska
@MagnificentArsehole
@MatthewLemons
@MellonSnow
@NeoBlueRose
@OniDraws
@Pancaketophat
@PowPink
@projectanything (creators of @XRL-7)
@Ribbon-Dove
@rivux
@Rxxou
@semicabbage
@Spazdables
@Sulaimandoodle
@sumawesum
@TechnicalBliss
@TENGUSE
@WhiteHorseAnimations

What's popping peeps?

Baba booey

Just did an interview with @GenericAnime, who was essentially the catalyst for this saga of mine since he was the first artist I did a whole post on. Definitely recommend both his animations and illustrations, he is a seriously talented dude with a really great, experimental style to his work.

Here's the original thread I made about him.

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-09 03:21:00

Right so the audio somehow got fucked the first time but it should be good now, so here's the REAL thing this time:

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-09 05:38:20

If you get tagged here does it mean you're not popular...?

If you don't get tagged does it mean you're less than not popular?

How does this work?

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-09 15:45:48

At 3/9/21 05:38 AM, Geekygami wrote: If you get tagged here does it mean you're not popular...?
If you don't get tagged does it mean you're less than not popular?

How does this work?

If you don't get tagged that just means nobody has bothered to single you out yet. Otherwise yeah you're pretty much right.

coo coo bitch lmfao

Huh, i kinda like this topic here, i guess i should introduce myself?

Well, im a dude who started off on DeviantArt drawing things and after a while just been doing it lots, i just got into newgrounds, its my 2nd day here and im basically posting stuff here now.

i draw furry stuff but sometimes i can dabble on other things, i know after getting online here my mind just went full on 'i really wanna post stuff here now' due to the kind of community here, it looks good, especially the kind of content that popped out in here recently.

Here's a pic of something i made, fanart honestly.iu_254756_8759773.jpg

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-09 17:48:38

At 3/9/21 04:30 PM, WokioWolfy wrote: Huh, i kinda like this topic here, i guess i should introduce myself?

Well, im a dude who started off on DeviantArt drawing things and after a while just been doing it lots, i just got into newgrounds, its my 2nd day here and im basically posting stuff here now.

i draw furry stuff but sometimes i can dabble on other things, i know after getting online here my mind just went full on 'i really wanna post stuff here now' due to the kind of community here, it looks good, especially the kind of content that popped out in here recently.

Here's a pic of something i made, fanart honestly.

It's to great to have you here! Hopefully you continue to find the community on NG to be really awesome and supportive, because that's what we pride ourselves on! And I really like your anime-kinda artstyle, looks really nice!

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-09 18:09:20

PAGE 10! GIVE IT UP FOR PAAAAAGE TEEEEN!

iu_254812_7630396.jpg

(I joke; this thread is comfy.)

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-09 19:39:05

At 3/9/21 06:09 PM, Kerriska wrote: PAGE 10! GIVE IT UP FOR PAAAAAGE TEEEEN!

(I joke; this thread is comfy.)

ten pages strong lets goooooooo

iu_254855_8526344.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-10 15:17:48

At 3/10/21 06:14 AM, monquu wrote: Figured I'd jump in on the action to properly introduce myself 8) (sorry I have no idea how to @ people on here...I am a newgrounds newbie 8'} )

1) Who are you?
I am monquu, usually go by 'mono' as my nickname 8)

2) What do you make?
Illustrations, mostly. I do comic art too, not as much as I used to though but it's getting there.

3) What got you into art?
It's the classic case of enjoying drawing since I was a child, it was the only way to express whatever is going on in my head.

4) What are some goals (big and/or small) you wish to achieve?
Make a comic from start to finish and actually complete it, not burn out halfway

Since I am a newcomer I know basically nobody in the newgrounds art sphere, hopefully this will become fruitful in the future 8)

Welcome to the website!

4) What are some goals (big and/or small) you wish to achieve?
Make a comic from start to finish and actually complete it, not burn out halfway

if you were to make a comic, what would it be about?

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-12 21:09:43

What is this thread’s opinion on someone, like me, doing Twitter?

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-12 23:07:02

At 3/12/21 09:09 PM, Kerriska wrote: What is this thread’s opinion on someone, like me, doing Twitter?

Don't.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-13 00:03:36

Fun thread. Nice to see folks getting shoutouts and all that.

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-13 01:02:52

1) My name is Skye.

2) I draw a lot of monsters/anthros, as well as some background art. Sometimes it's sexual.

3)Comics and manga, probably. I have been drawing a lot since I was young.

4) Right now I just want my pieces to have 5 votes.

tired of people who haven't played FE insulting it

i need to go outside more often...

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-13 13:09:02

At 3/12/21 11:07 PM, DesertSage wrote:
At 3/12/21 09:09 PM, Kerriska wrote: What is this thread’s opinion on someone, like me, doing Twitter?
Don't.

But if you do, be prepared to have your life's energy sucked out pffhaha

I mean, there's fun stuff on there too but also a lot of toxidity and drama.

Also not a very good platform for artists generally unless you keep feeding the algorithm monster enough bull shit :P