00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Greaze01 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Underrated Artist Hangout Thread

9,022 Views | 308 Replies

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-13 13:34:59

1. My name's Miss Madson, a future cousin of Davemadson, but you can call me Miss M for short.
  2. I make funny signs videos, PlayStation 1 startup bloopers videos, and Friday Night Funkin' videos.
  3. As an artist, I use Paint 3D to create assets that I sometimes use for my videos.
  4. My goal as an artist would be to attract people to my virtual art museum: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1465802

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-15 07:54:48

Hey everyone, I thought I'd introduce myself since I recently started to be active here on NG. I haven't been pinged here, so I hope that I'm not coming off as too intrusive.

1) Who are you?

My name's Recruta, a result from a dumb internal joke with my professor lmao

2) What do you make?

Illustrations and character portraits mostly. I also like to write, though not as often as I like to draw. I also do some coding with Python and have been recently learning how to mess with the Godot Engine. (it's all spaghetti, though)

I have a semi-functional Discord bot that acts as a framework for a turn-based combat game featuring my characters. Right now I'm torn between finishing and publishing the bot or adapting what I have to a 2D medium.

3) What got you into art?

I always liked doodling when I was little. One day I made a really good doodle (for 12 yo me's standards) and decided to make better doodles from that day forward.

4) What are some goals (big and/or small) you wish to achieve?

Get games released, most certainly. If people are having fun with something I've contributed to, that's a win in my book.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-15 14:20:50

At 1/25/21 08:55 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote: Newgrounds is truly a place where artists from all walks of life can come onstage and make it big without being screwed over by algorithms and censorship and the like. Despite this there are still many artists on this site who put out great content and still don't get the recognition they deserve. And as a consequence of being underrated, it can be difficult to connect with other artists in a similar situation. Which sucks, because connecting with those who are also just trying to make it like you are, is a great opportunity to learn and grow with each other and learn what it takes to make something of yourself out in the vast, vast, cutthroat world of art.

So here is this thread to come and save the day! Maybe. Not sure whether this'll actually develop into anything or not, but I feel it's most certainly worth a shot, especially since I haven't seen anything like this in the BBS before.

If you're an artist who makes great art and you feel you have an unacceptably low follower count - or whatever the case may be - consider this thread your new home! If you want to interact with your fellow underrated artists about your crafts, your work ethics, why you create the art you create, your future plans for where to take your art, career choices, hobbies and other non-art-related things, whatever ends up happening! Let's try to make this a friendly chill zone where everyone is welcome.

I'll kickstart this thing off by pinging a whole bunch of artists that I personally consider underrated in hopes that they will heed the signal and flock on over! Feel free to ping artists you consider underrated yourself! I'd recommend not pinging anyone with more than 50-60 followers, but obviously this is just a general guideline. I'm also well aware I'm pretty much only pinging those who are primarily active in the Art and Movies Portals because that's just where my expertise is, but underrated game devs and musicians are most certainly welcome here too!

Anyways, let's get this thing going hopefully.

@AdepthZone
@AshlynniisBrackets
@asemsera
@Blankyboi19
@Citrine106
@Cowzey
@cribble
@DozyMike
@DSixZey
@dunkleshreken
@ElemenopeeN
@FoofooCuddlypoop
@GenericAnime
@Gvilyam
@headstove
@heartcandi
@Holokin
@IquooArt
@JackyCoco
@JavaJake
@JustRigo
@Kerriska
@MagnificentArsehole
@MatthewLemons
@MellonSnow
@NeoBlueRose
@OniDraws
@Pancaketophat
@PowPink
@projectanything (creators of @XRL-7)
@Ribbon-Dove
@rivux
@Rxxou
@semicabbage
@Spazdables
@Sulaimandoodle
@sumawesum
@TechnicalBliss
@TENGUSE
@WhiteHorseAnimations

Amazing idea man!

made you look lmao get cucked

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-15 17:56:14

Get games released, most certainly. If people are having fun with something I've contributed to, that's a win in my book.

Hi Recruta! It's cool to see that your ambitions are on programming and getting a game published. What kind of games would you be interested in publishing?

Every time you stop running, I'm only getting closer

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-15 20:32:56

At 3/13/21 01:09 PM, MellonSnow wrote: But if you do, be prepared to have your life's energy sucked out pffhaha
I mean, there's fun stuff on there too but also a lot of toxidity and drama.
Also not a very good platform for artists generally unless you keep feeding the algorithm monster enough bull shit :P

Oh, I’m well aware of its stigma. But I didn’t mean that I would be dedicated to it, Newgrounds suits me just fine for a hub site. Twitter would be just so I can shitpost with fellows I already follow on here. As fine as Newgrounds is, it’s frustrating that conversations on an art piece only last for 2 posts.

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-16 10:49:44

At 3/15/21 05:56 PM, heartcandii wrote: Hi Recruta! It's cool to see that your ambitions are on programming and getting a game published. What kind of games would you be interested in publishing?

I have plenty of ideas! They range from metroidvanias to turn-based RPGs, but I do not limit myself to my ideas only: I would also like to contribute and collaborate on projects I find promising. Of course my main focus would be on my own ideas, but as long as I can make the tiniest bit of difference, I'd be happy to help!

To learn more about Godot, I'm currently working on a small project for a friend's birthday, but I can't say too much - it's supposed to be a surprise. 😬

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-16 13:36:40

would it be narcissistic of me to say i feel underrated?

its time of the year

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-16 14:50:48

At 3/16/21 01:36 PM, MrSignmeout wrote: would it be narcissistic of me to say i feel underrated?

Meh, i think we all have narcissistic feeling like that sometimes :P

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-16 19:55:52

iu_258909_6050910.jpg

A little update drawings I've made while I keep working on my Pixel animation project.

"On my Business card, I am a corporate president.

In my mind, I am a game developer.

But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata / Now I will always remember \

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-17 10:13:22

https://mindchamber.newgrounds.com/news/post/1143973

So you might not see me for a while. /s

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-22 21:35:07

At 3/17/21 10:13 AM, Kerriska wrote: https://mindchamber.newgrounds.com/news/post/1143973

So you might not see me for a while. /s

Orrrrr maybe not. I thought I might as well post the random idea sketches, as it’s something that could be talked about. One of them ended up looking waaay too much like Marvin the Martian.

iu_262883_7630396.jpg

Got another list, But this time it's a lot less dense and... Actually, Not many users have piqued my interest, or fit the criteria, or haven't been mentioned already. So here's the last of the Drip feed, but that's by no means a disservice to them.

Let's go. All users will also have a bit of text explaining "Why I want you in the bunker chat so I can directly fawn about your art to your screen".

@CacklingPumpkins (Mild NSFW)

A decent artstyle begetting memories of good Early 00's cartoons, and also zero shits about what they make. Is good.

@DeadkatNG And @Rappenem

Fantastic Pixel Artists. Really, Self explanatory. You two should collab!

@byois

Top man! Well, Top Woman. Or just an all around awesome artist - Why is it that most of the people who do fanart of Yakuza that I find are Chicks...? Ah, well, You do great justice. You even did Okita Soji from RGG Ishin, Which, Holy crap, Makes me want RGG Ishin to be Localized even more. And recently, With your compilation, I was awestruck by the fact that you did Shun Akiyama being saved by a bundle of cash at the end of Yakuza 4, When I'm about to beat the damn thing and see that scene for myself. Oh, uh, spoilers for a ten year old game.

You should collab with ZoetheDuck, your styles match too!

@SnapKrakPop

You're just under the 100 mark, So I can cheat and get you on this list.

Well, That's about it. Time to slip into the Silver winds of the datastream once again and pluck more names for future lists.

Ciao.

@mistko (NSFW) (I can neither confirm nor deny whether or not their art is in any way invoking any kind of emotions in me. SFW is @nomil )

AAHH BEFORE I FORGET @24HoursSleeping

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-22 23:55:42

Hey, thanks for the kind words! It's an honor to be put along side other talented artists. I'll be sure to check these guys out and give them my support as well!

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-03-23 05:31:17

Ok, this seems cool.

1) Who are you?

Just a Romanian dude trying my luck with Blender.

2) What do you make?

Mostly 3D sculptures, have some samples:

3) What got you into art?

Watching @Oney's Blender streams got me to finally make the big step and learn Blender.

Well, maybe learning how to animate and having a career in the gaming industry maybe. Or maybe just live off commissions lol.

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-04-04 16:39:06

@pointlessfield oh shit, v sorry for not noticing this for literal months(i havent been active on here for a while lmao). really appreciate the shoutout my guy.

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-04-04 16:51:48

At 4/4/21 04:39 PM, squeekleen2 wrote: @pointlessfield oh shit, v sorry for not noticing this for literal months(i havent been active on here for a while lmao). really appreciate the shoutout my guy.

welcome back in that case

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-04-04 21:06:09

I wasn't included on the list, and I don't really post here often, but, I might as well make one post on this thread. I want to make my point clear. I barely use NG anymore, and I regret that. Many people come and go, and I was one of them. I have many secrets that have yet to unfold. I have an entire fabricated story made up, and I don't have anything to do with it.

"The world will end, and you'll all be gone, but i'll still be here. Floating in space, in my Absoluteley Safe Capsule."

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-04-05 02:35:25

sup

Eternally stuck in 2009.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-04-05 05:36:33

At 4/5/21 02:35 AM, InklingStudios wrote: sup

Howdy

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-04-08 19:33:52

new concept art that took 4 months for me to make

here, just to share something i feel a bit proud of finishing up and moving on to do other concepts later this year. hope y'all enjoy it! :p

Sic semper tyrannis.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-04-08 19:34:45

At 3/9/21 04:30 PM, WokioWolfy wrote: Huh, i kinda like this topic here, i guess i should introduce myself?

Well, im a dude who started off on DeviantArt drawing things and after a while just been doing it lots, i just got into newgrounds, its my 2nd day here and im basically posting stuff here now.

i draw furry stuff but sometimes i can dabble on other things, i know after getting online here my mind just went full on 'i really wanna post stuff here now' due to the kind of community here, it looks good, especially the kind of content that popped out in here recently.

Here's a pic of something i made, fanart honestly.

this looks absolutely adorable and you did a great job on it!! keep up the good work c:

Sic semper tyrannis.

BBS Signature

found this artist called zenalien here's the link:https://zenalien.newgrounds.com/art

NESticle Now!

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-04-23 22:18:54

hiiii guys!! i draw a bunch of weird stuff (not like NSFW, but more of trippy things)!

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-04-23 22:47:13

At 4/23/21 10:18 PM, weirdcore wrote: hiiii guys!! i draw a bunch of weird stuff (not like NSFW, but more of trippy things)!

hi! I love the trippy tankmen

Every time you stop running, I'm only getting closer

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-04-23 23:01:54

At 4/23/21 10:47 PM, heartcandii wrote:
At 4/23/21 10:18 PM, weirdcore wrote: hiiii guys!! i draw a bunch of weird stuff (not like NSFW, but more of trippy things)!
hi! I love the trippy tankmen

thank uu

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-04-30 10:44:40

For those who didn't see it or want to give me a direct support here a little update about Mango and her friends. There always something interesting to say about her grown up periode ^^

iu_292079_6050910.png

iu_292080_6050910.png

"On my Business card, I am a corporate president.

In my mind, I am a game developer.

But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata / Now I will always remember \

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-04-30 14:21:11

I'm not only a davemadson fan, but also an artist who draws pictures for davemadson to use!

Like these:

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-05-18 14:06:46

Excuse my shameless promoting but: HI. I am opening commissions as of now 8D

I'm just gonna drop this here, any support in terms of sharing and spreading the word or whatever helps immensely!

It always feels so irky to have to promote yourself like this but hey, what needs to be done needs to be done eh? haha

Commission Sheet

iu_308377_8538003.webp

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-05-18 20:45:46

At 5/18/21 07:46 PM, HztaOra wrote:
At 1/25/21 09:02 PM, Kerriska wrote: I believe this is what some may call a “Bunker Thread” 🤔
What is a bunker thread?

Can't tell you, But this is it.

I don't know how it is one, But a Bunker thread this is.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-05-21 07:46:19

At 5/21/21 07:33 AM, DabbieBlue wrote:
At 1/25/21 08:55 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote: Newgrounds is truly a place where artists from all walks of life can come onstage and make it big without being screwed over by algorithms and censorship and the like. Despite this there are still many artists on this site who put out great content and still don't get the recognition they deserve. And as a consequence of being underrated, it can be difficult to connect with other artists in a similar situation. Which sucks, because connecting with those who are also just trying to make it like you are, is a great opportunity to learn and grow with each other and learn what it takes to make something of yourself out in the vast, vast, cutthroat world of art.

So here is this thread to come and save the day! Maybe. Not sure whether this'll actually develop into anything or not, but I feel it's most certainly worth a shot, especially since I haven't seen anything like this in the BBS before.

If you're an artist who makes great art and you feel you have an unacceptably low follower count - or whatever the case may be - consider this thread your new home! If you want to interact with your fellow underrated artists about your crafts, your work ethics, why you create the art you create, your future plans for where to take your art, career choices, hobbies and other non-art-related things, whatever ends up happening! Let's try to make this a friendly chill zone where everyone is welcome.

I'll kickstart this thing off by pinging a whole bunch of artists that I personally consider underrated in hopes that they will heed the signal and flock on over! Feel free to ping artists you consider underrated yourself! I'd recommend not pinging anyone with more than 50-60 followers, but obviously this is just a general guideline. I'm also well aware I'm pretty much only pinging those who are primarily active in the Art and Movies Portals because that's just where my expertise is, but underrated game devs and musicians are most certainly welcome here too!

Anyways, let's get this thing going hopefully.

@AdepthZone
@AshlynniisBrackets
@asemsera
@Blankyboi19
@Citrine106
@Cowzey
@cribble
@DozyMike
@DSixZey
@dunkleshreken
@ElemenopeeN
@FoofooCuddlypoop