00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Static73 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Underrated Artist Hangout Thread

8,943 Views | 308 Replies

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 18:37:41

Would posting W.I.P.’s here be okay? It would generate discussion at the very least.

iu_233691_7630396.jpg

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 19:02:45

Damn I haven't been checking Newgrounds so I didn't know this thread was a thing. Looks pretty neat, guess I'll join in on the introductions too.

1) Who are you?

My name is On (or Coroni on discord), I kinda draw I guess.

2) What do you make

Mainly lewds

3) What got you into art?

Just sort of happened lol

4) What are some goals (big or small) that you want to achieve?

Haven't really thought of any at the moment, just wanna improve.

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 19:17:19

At 1/30/21 06:37 PM, Kerriska wrote: Would posting W.I.P.’s here be okay? It would generate discussion at the very least.

Definitely! Go right ahead.

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 19:29:49

At 1/30/21 06:07 PM, orenji-sama wrote: wow, thanks for this thread, I'm basically new here and just started out digital art last year, I hope we'll be all friends

1) Who are you?
I'm orenji-sama the lord of oranges. LOL

2) What do you make?
I make any kind of illustrations but mainly anime style, I do have other illustrations aside from sexy stuffs.

since childhood, I'm always into anime and so. I ended up liking the style and got me into art

4) What are some goals (big and/or small) you wish to achieve?
some goals are I want to publish my own webcomic and to improve my art

that's all folks 😉

Welcome to Newgrounds & for joining the thread! As for digital art, you're making some really good content even though you just started last year :o You must spill your secrets

Every time you stop running, I'm only getting closer

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 19:30:47

Some rando just bought me a month of badges. Thx, whoever, but...I have no idea how to make/get badges? Are they like custom emotes or something?

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 19:32:10

At 1/30/21 01:03 PM, Rezllen wrote: Hi, all! I made a newgrounds account recently as a way to have an archive of my art. I'm hoping to find new artists who's content I enjoy so I'm really excited to look through this thread!

I'm a cartoonist who focuses on stylized toony work. I love fun colors, pushing stylization, shape language, and focusing on dynamic movement in my art. By day I do game dev work and in the evening I love spending my time making cartoons, comics, and illustrations. I'm also a fan of doing both cute art and horror themed art.

If you ever want to chat about art or anything hit me up! I'm always down to meet other artists!

Hello & welcome! Just checked out your page and your stylized art is so cute + really dynamic! Especially the latest piece you posted

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 19:39:05

At 1/30/21 07:02 PM, OniDraws wrote: Damn I haven't been checking Newgrounds so I didn't know this thread was a thing. Looks pretty neat, guess I'll join in on the introductions too.
1) Who are you?

2) What do you make
Mainly lewds

Hi! We're glad to have you join us. Took a peek at your work & I really like the shading + coloring work on your art

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 19:41:48

Hey everyone! I'm not new around here since I had an account way back when, but I wasn't an artist at the time. Now that I am, I hope to use this place as an archive for my past and current art. Right now I only have one of my works posted, but that'll most likely change in the future. Hope you're all doing well :)

(doc·tor pack)

"Nixon had powers including, but not limited to: telekinesis, super speed, superhuman strength, invisibility, and mind control."

Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 19:49:18

At 1/30/21 07:41 PM, DoctorPac wrote: Hey everyone! I'm not new around here since I had an account way back when, but I wasn't an artist at the time. Now that I am, I hope to use this place as an archive for my past and current art. Right now I only have one of my works posted, but that'll most likely change in the future. Hope you're all doing well :)

Hi Pac! Can't wait to see more of your work. Make sure you get 4 artworks up soon so we can scout ya!

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 20:12:19

Been here for a few months, still don't know how this website works.

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 20:14:29

At 1/30/21 08:12 PM, Beebonic wrote: Been here for a few months, still don't know how this website works.

You’ve figured out a lot already, going by your gallery.

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 20:15:30

At 1/30/21 07:30 PM, Kerriska wrote: Some rando just bought me a month of badges. Thx, whoever, but...I have no idea how to make/get badges? Are they like custom emotes or something?

same here :0 I think it's the supporter upgrade that helps out Newgrounds. Whoever you are, tysm!! You helped me change the mistake I made to my username lol

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 20:22:40

At 1/30/21 08:14 PM, Kerriska wrote:
At 1/30/21 08:12 PM, Beebonic wrote: Been here for a few months, still don't know how this website works.
You’ve figured out a lot already, going by your gallery.

Very quaint.

iu_233737_8271576.jpg

Hi my name is 120Z and I just started a account today. Newgrounds influenced ,my humor, art style and overall personality growing up ,so it's very exciting getting on here. Hopefully I can grow on and meet cool new people on here.

I make variety raging from digital to paintings

I love sketching and making comics

I am growing everyday

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 21:05:16

Does return users counted as underrated artists?

Anyways, Hello everyone, lots of you may know me, I'm Jenny (or just call me Girla PurpleHeart, PurpleGallys or Lily Rose). in case you guys didn't know, I am back under a new account since my old one was previously dead and I wanted to start over since I heard Newgrounds got improved with their stuff now.

I'm started to draw more often and been sharing my art on FurAffinity, but I wanted to share my art on here too. I used to have DeviantART account and Twitter a while back, but I decided to ditched those sites because how bad the community was. But since Newgrounds has gotten a lot better over the years now, I decided to come back.

Hope I can meet lots of you on here. c:

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 22:26:35

At 1/30/21 07:39 PM, heartcandii wrote:
At 1/30/21 07:02 PM, OniDraws wrote: Damn I haven't been checking Newgrounds so I didn't know this thread was a thing. Looks pretty neat, guess I'll join in on the introductions too.
1) Who are you?

2) What do you make
Mainly lewds

Hi! We're glad to have you join us. Took a peek at your work & I really like the shading + coloring work on your art

Aw thanks! I've been trying to work on it lately.

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 22:40:45

New one to throw in here.

Mainly cause I tripped 'em up with a dumb joke but also I like their art a lot!

@griffetink

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-30 22:50:36

I love this thread so much!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 01:45:29

iu_233857_2341174.gif

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 02:41:16

At 1/30/21 10:40 PM, DesertSage wrote: New one to throw in here.

Mainly cause I tripped 'em up with a dumb joke but also I like their art a lot!

@griffetink

Oh my god thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 02:59:26

didn't think i can do this but i'll give it a shot.

im Pointlessfield,i make art,90% of it is anime characters in robotic suits and highly saturated colors and im trying to make a webcomic on them,that will probably take me a long,long portion of my life hopefully.

this drawing dosn't really feature robotic suits but i think it's one of my stronger ones of last year

don't know if im fit in this thread or not,but honestly it's up to you to judge.

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 05:13:52

At 1/30/21 12:48 PM, Kerriska wrote:
At 1/30/21 12:33 PM, misterbright wrote: Guess we gotta kick it up a notch
https://aggie.io/5_w5uktoi9

Was already thinking of making this. It’s sort of a mobile-friendly drawpile.

Woow, that's really flippin' cool!

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 05:18:52

At 1/30/21 06:07 PM, orenji-sama wrote: wow, thanks for this thread, I'm basically new here and just started out digital art last year, I hope we'll be all friends

1) Who are you?
I'm orenji-sama the lord of oranges. LOL

2) What do you make?
I make any kind of illustrations but mainly anime style, I do have other illustrations aside from sexy stuffs.

since childhood, I'm always into anime and so. I ended up liking the style and got me into art

4) What are some goals (big and/or small) you wish to achieve?
some goals are I want to publish my own webcomic and to improve my art

that's all folks 😉

Your digital works already look really good! Keep it up!

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 05:22:08

At 1/25/21 09:59 PM, BillyRedSnake wrote: Intriguing idea.
And if it gets more artists on the forum (or any types of users in general really) then all the better!

Good thread, Pigeon Man. I'll get out of here forthwith since everyone already loves me and my work, just wanted to give my kudos.

The general BBS needs more people for sure. I see the same people on posts all the time, some more people would be nice.

please help. thank you.

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 17:06:18

I didn't notice I was mentioned here by Kerriska. Let me properly introduce myself:

1. My name is LizardFungus but most people just call me Fungus.

2. I mostly make drawings of horrible mechanical things, bugs, and rabbits. My art ranges from my own creations from fanart of obscure media. My art tends to be on the dark and edgy side of things, though sometimes I'll make a 'happy' pic.

3. Really to just share my ideas with people. If I don't do it, who will?

4. To keep on improving. One day I plan to make a comic with some of my characters

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 17:26:15

Uploaded some more art. Check them out! I'll include the three things I've submitted so far here.

(doc·tor pack)

"Nixon had powers including, but not limited to: telekinesis, super speed, superhuman strength, invisibility, and mind control."

Youtube

BBS Signature

OOhhh yeeey, many thanks OP for tagging me in this post <3 sorry I'm not very active on the forums, I draw lewds as a hobby so I don't check in very often >.< I would love to meet some same minded people though!

Gonna shamelessly leave my personal art journal and a snippet of my current project here for anyone interested~

current partial WIP~ vvv

iu_234141_7275656.jpg

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 21:36:32

At 1/30/21 09:05 PM, girlaph1 wrote: Does return users counted as underrated artists?

Anyways, Hello everyone, lots of you may know me, I'm Jenny (or just call me Girla PurpleHeart, PurpleGallys or Lily Rose). in case you guys didn't know, I am back under a new account since my old one was previously dead and I wanted to start over since I heard Newgrounds got improved with their stuff now.

I'm started to draw more often and been sharing my art on FurAffinity, but I wanted to share my art on here too. I used to have DeviantART account and Twitter a while back, but I decided to ditched those sites because how bad the community was. But since Newgrounds has gotten a lot better over the years now, I decided to come back.

Hope I can meet lots of you on here. c:

Welcome back to the site @girlaph1 !

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 21:54:17

At 1/31/21 02:59 AM, pointlessfield wrote: didn't think i can do this but i'll give it a shot.

im Pointlessfield,i make art,90% of it is anime characters in robotic suits and highly saturated colors and im trying to make a webcomic on them,that will probably take me a long,long portion of my life hopefully.
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/pointlessfield/going-out-for-the-night
this drawing dosn't really feature robotic suits but i think it's one of my stronger ones of last year

don't know if im fit in this thread or not,but honestly it's up to you to judge.

Hi! Thank you for sharing your art w/us. What initially made you interested in drawing robotic/anime themed art?

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 21:58:10

Hello, just saw this thread while lurking in another one just moments ago. I hope everyone here is having a lovely night and hope we can share some art together!

Sic semper tyrannis.

BBS Signature