00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JoJoshke just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Underrated Artist Hangout Thread

8,942 Views | 308 Replies

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 22:04:43

At 1/31/21 05:06 PM, LizardFungus wrote: 2. I mostly make drawings of horrible mechanical things, bugs, and rabbits. My art ranges from my own creations from fanart of obscure media. My art tends to be on the dark and edgy side of things, though sometimes I'll make a 'happy' pic.

I've definitely noticed this kind of vibe when checking out your page. it's pretty cool!

Every time you stop running, I'm only getting closer

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 22:09:17

At 1/31/21 06:16 PM, semicabbage wrote: OOhhh yeeey, many thanks OP for tagging me in this post <3 sorry I'm not very active on the forums, I draw lewds as a hobby so I don't check in very often >.< I would love to meet some same minded people though!
Gonna shamelessly leave my personal art journal and a snippet of my current project here for anyone interested~

current partial WIP~ vvv

oooooh yeaah, that's some pretty h0t art you got there.

(esp this dude)

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 22:15:57

At 1/31/21 09:21 PM, NeonDev wrote: I’m not an artist, but just came here to stop by

we appreciate that u did. And for that, you get a nice, delicious, cookie <3

iu_234246_8526344.gif

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 22:18:35

At 1/31/21 09:58 PM, realporter wrote: Hello, just saw this thread while lurking in another one just moments ago. I hope everyone here is having a lovely night and hope we can share some art together!

Hi! We hope you're having a nice night aswell @realporter

iu_234247_8526344.gif

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-01-31 22:27:14

At 1/31/21 10:15 PM, heartcandii wrote:
At 1/31/21 09:21 PM, NeonDev wrote: I’m not an artist, but just came here to stop by
we appreciate that u did. And for that, you get a nice, delicious, cookie <3

@sevenseize! I found em!

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-01 00:08:25

Oh btw, @HavryloThePigeon went ahead and made a Discord chat for underrated artists for anyone interested

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1463618

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-01 00:28:30

nice

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-01 00:44:02

Hello Everyone! New artist to the site, I adore all your artwork! I just wanted to say that, and go back to being awkward.

I draw Adult content/comics and world build. Also brass, currently obsessed with brass. Thats all. Please to meet you! If you have any art advice, want to bs about obscure topics, or do a trade/ collaboration, let me know. Great community! I don’t get nervous around normies, y’all are my people! Back to drawing.-VP

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-01 01:42:51

wat

If you read this, you get a virtual cookie

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-01 03:09:05

At 1/31/21 06:16 PM, semicabbage wrote: OOhhh yeeey, many thanks OP for tagging me in this post <3 sorry I'm not very active on the forums, I draw lewds as a hobby so I don't check in very often >.< I would love to meet some same minded people though!
Gonna shamelessly leave my personal art journal and a snippet of my current project here for anyone interested~

current partial WIP~ vvv

Hell yeah, giving you a follow. I definitely need to follow more artists on the internet who draw hot dudes. Looking forward to this WIP!

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-01 03:31:35

At 1/31/21 09:54 PM, heartcandii wrote:
At 1/31/21 02:59 AM, pointlessfield wrote: didn't think i can do this but i'll give it a shot.

im Pointlessfield,i make art,90% of it is anime characters in robotic suits and highly saturated colors and im trying to make a webcomic on them,that will probably take me a long,long portion of my life hopefully.
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/pointlessfield/going-out-for-the-night
this drawing dosn't really feature robotic suits but i think it's one of my stronger ones of last year

don't know if im fit in this thread or not,but honestly it's up to you to judge.
Hi! Thank you for sharing your art w/us. What initially made you interested in drawing robotic/anime themed art?

there was a game named freefall tournament that had some neat robot like suits and jetpacks. i loved that game alot,i liked the class designs,and at the same time i watched some lets plays of megaman X/zero/ZX that got me hooked by the aesthetics. i wanted to try and design the classes in freefall tournament like some sort of anime characters,and even tried to make a fancomic about the game with my own story and tried to make my own skin ideas for some classes.

later on,i decided to try and make something of my own,since the game was pretty much abandoned and got sold to a third rate site with criminally underpaid employees, so i took whatever inspiration i had from the game and tried to work with that

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-01 03:35:19

At 1/30/21 09:05 PM, girlaph1 wrote: Does return users counted as underrated artists?

Anyways, Hello everyone, lots of you may know me, I'm Jenny (or just call me Girla PurpleHeart, PurpleGallys or Lily Rose). in case you guys didn't know, I am back under a new account since my old one was previously dead and I wanted to start over since I heard Newgrounds got improved with their stuff now.

I'm started to draw more often and been sharing my art on FurAffinity, but I wanted to share my art on here too. I used to have DeviantART account and Twitter a while back, but I decided to ditched those sites because how bad the community was. But since Newgrounds has gotten a lot better over the years now, I decided to come back.

Hope I can meet lots of you on here. c:

Dont become a general BBS dweller unless you KNOW you want to take a commitment. theres some weird shit here that most people would never survive

please help. thank you.

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-01 07:50:37

Seeing a lot of awesome people pass by here and i'm loving the interaction so far!

I'm sad i can't participate much cause my arms, shoulders and neck are pretty busted right now so typing too much hurts, but i hope i can get to chat with u guys more soon!!

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-01 13:46:07

Haven't slept so I'm about to crash, but here's a wip of something I'm working on.iu_234575_8160554.jpg

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-01 14:50:41

At 2/1/21 03:35 AM, NonAnonomous wrote:
At 1/30/21 09:05 PM, girlaph1 wrote: Does return users counted as underrated artists?

Anyways, Hello everyone, lots of you may know me, I'm Jenny (or just call me Girla PurpleHeart, PurpleGallys or Lily Rose). in case you guys didn't know, I am back under a new account since my old one was previously dead and I wanted to start over since I heard Newgrounds got improved with their stuff now.

I'm started to draw more often and been sharing my art on FurAffinity, but I wanted to share my art on here too. I used to have DeviantART account and Twitter a while back, but I decided to ditched those sites because how bad the community was. But since Newgrounds has gotten a lot better over the years now, I decided to come back.

Hope I can meet lots of you on here. c:
Dont become a general BBS dweller unless you KNOW you want to take a commitment. theres some weird shit here that most people would never survive

I'm pretty sure this is just a warning, but don't worry, I won't become a BBS dweller. :P

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-01 19:22:56

FORGOT ONE, GET IN HERE

@lordyingyang

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-02 00:47:25

Promoting one more time here. I should have enough artwork submitted now to be scouted (I think it's supposed to be at least four submissions). Here's the latest thing I posted.

(doc·tor pack)

"Nixon had powers including, but not limited to: telekinesis, super speed, superhuman strength, invisibility, and mind control."

Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-02 21:16:17

At 2/1/21 07:50 AM, MellonSnow wrote: Seeing a lot of awesome people pass by here and i'm loving the interaction so far!

I'm sad i can't participate much cause my arms, shoulders and neck are pretty busted right now so typing too much hurts, but i hope i can get to chat with u guys more soon!!

dont worry about it! I hope you get better soon @MellonSnow

BBS Signature

At 2/2/21 12:47 AM, DoctorPac wrote: Promoting one more time here. I should have enough artwork submitted now to be scouted (I think it's supposed to be at least four submissions). Here's the latest thing I posted.

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/doctorpac/cosmic-entity

done! I dub thee scouted. Treat thy scouting privileges properly good sir.

(or else they'll come after me ;-;)

iu_235386_8526344.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-02 21:41:20

At 2/2/21 09:22 PM, heartcandii wrote:
At 2/2/21 12:47 AM, DoctorPac wrote: Promoting one more time here. I should have enough artwork submitted now to be scouted (I think it's supposed to be at least four submissions). Here's the latest thing I posted.

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/doctorpac/cosmic-entity
done! I dub thee scouted. Treat thy scouting privileges properly good sir.
(or else they'll come after me ;-;)

Thank you!!

(doc·tor pack)

"Nixon had powers including, but not limited to: telekinesis, super speed, superhuman strength, invisibility, and mind control."

Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-03 04:15:28

more artists i'd like to show,they're pretty new but they deserve some attention

@Nicole-Creep

new to the site,she has a cool artstyle and a good sense of design, holds some great OC's and pokemon fandesigns

@KaisoRain

fresh coloring and OC's so far. hoping to see more from him

@OnyxGalaria

solid coloring with a unique artstyle

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-03 05:16:34

At 2/2/21 09:16 PM, heartcandii wrote:
At 2/1/21 07:50 AM, MellonSnow wrote: Seeing a lot of awesome people pass by here and i'm loving the interaction so far!

dont worry about it! I hope you get better soon @MellonSnow

Thank you! <3

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-03 14:54:51

Here's a drawing that I made and I'm proud of :)

Rad B)

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-03 23:12:44

I made an art today. Why don't yall come on down and check er out?

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-04 03:50:39

At 2/3/21 11:12 PM, misterbright wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/misterbright/wynter-2021-final

It's pretty good, though the shirt hangs off the shoulders pretty unnaturally. It's just up in the air for no reason really.

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-04 03:51:25

At 2/3/21 04:15 AM, pointlessfield wrote: more artists i'd like to show,they're pretty new but they deserve some attention
@Nicole-Creep
new to the site,she has a cool artstyle and a good sense of design, holds some great OC's and pokemon fandesigns
@KaisoRain
fresh coloring and OC's so far. hoping to see more from him
@OnyxGalaria
solid coloring with a unique artstyle

Good job finding these guys!

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-04 12:51:02

At 2/4/21 03:50 AM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
At 2/3/21 11:12 PM, misterbright wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/misterbright/wynter-2021-final

It's pretty good, though the shirt hangs off the shoulders pretty unnaturally. It's just up in the air for no reason really.

Magic shirt

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-05 03:30:02

I was doing my usual rounds of finding art to suggest to the front page. Came across this user named @Potato-Turtle-Art that has a lot of talent. Seems like they are just now starting to upload there older stuff onto the site. Would definitely recommend their work.

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-05 04:35:41

I heavily recommend @roobman and I can't wait for him to post more art in the future.

(doc·tor pack)

Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-05 06:50:59

At 2/5/21 03:30 AM, MisterFatso wrote: I was doing my usual rounds of finding art to suggest to the front page. Came across this user named @Potato-Turtle-Art that has a lot of talent. Seems like they are just now starting to upload there older stuff onto the site. Would definitely recommend their work.

This is so sweet thanks you!