00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GinosEste just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Underrated Artist Hangout Thread

9,020 Views | 308 Replies

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-05 08:05:29

As a davemadson fan, I decided to make this davemadson-inspired character avatar of me:

I hope you like it!

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-05 16:21:30

So this is a “sample” of my art for those curious about the earlier W.I.P.

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-06 18:29:16

I’ve been really meaning to meet new artists and show my work to others who might be interested! Hi everyone :D

I’m a woman who draws sfw and nsfw. Whatever I’m feeling honestly. I dump everything on NG because this place is great and I don’t feel censored. My sfw stuff is more horror based but I’m just experimental in general. Think liminal spaces and dream like scenes

I make paintings, both traditional and digital. I work back and forth. I also crochet and knit a lot of little pouches I sell

I got into art when I was a kid. My dad painted and I watched a lot of cartoons. I went to a magnet art program in middle school, art high school and art college. Art is my life now lol

My goal would be to be able to live off my work and just have a great network of artist friends. I’m a bit of an introvert but I’ve been tryin to put myself out there

SFW art: @onosse (instagram)

@onosseart (twitter)

NSFW art: @bucunsfw (twitter)

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-07 00:28:07

At 2/5/21 04:21 PM, Kerriska wrote: So this is a “sample” of my art for those curious about the earlier W.I.P.
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kerriska/crochet-reference-sheet

Clean linework! Keep it up, fam!

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-07 00:30:22

At 2/6/21 06:29 PM, Onosse wrote: I’ve been really meaning to meet new artists and show my work to others who might be interested! Hi everyone :D

I’m a woman who draws sfw and nsfw. Whatever I’m feeling honestly. I dump everything on NG because this place is great and I don’t feel censored. My sfw stuff is more horror based but I’m just experimental in general. Think liminal spaces and dream like scenes

I make paintings, both traditional and digital. I work back and forth. I also crochet and knit a lot of little pouches I sell

I got into art when I was a kid. My dad painted and I watched a lot of cartoons. I went to a magnet art program in middle school, art high school and art college. Art is my life now lol

My goal would be to be able to live off my work and just have a great network of artist friends. I’m a bit of an introvert but I’ve been tryin to put myself out there

Great stuff! Sounds like you're quite capable with all these mediums. Looking forward to that calender project of yours! :)

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-08 06:11:11

What an honor!! So many compliments I can't believe it, thank you so much for this, it's nice to see appreciation not just for me but also all these other wonderful people, who absolutely deserve acknowledgement for the hard work they put in their art!

I have been working full time as a freelance artist since september 2020 and it is a dream come true to draw all these fantastic characters. I mainly do commissions at the moment, trying to make more room for my personal art, but I really enjoy drawing these characters because I am continuously amazed by the creativity of people!

So thank you, again!

iu_238231_8456645.jpgDid I hear “red stickmin”? Wait like Henry stickmin? Or am I just sounding like an idiot? Welp either way, MeMeS aRe FuNnY

a.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-08 16:04:41

Thank you, you're a sweetie <3 Sorry it took so long to see this, I don't get to hang out here too much, but I try to pop in once a week and check up some toons. I sometimes feel like I missed the boat on all the online stuff as I'm bloody old now, like 30s now. Sometimes I feel like I was pulled in different directions, lowered my quality to hit demands (mentally, mostly), and ultimately made me unhappy, so I've stripped back a lot of that and I'm focussing on what's good for me now. So really appreciate the kindness you've shown in the shoutout, it helps me figure stuff out and where I should be heading in all of this.

At 1/25/21 08:55 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote: Newgrounds is truly a place where artists from all walks of life can come onstage and make it big without being screwed over by algorithms and censorship and the like. Despite this there are still many artists on this site who put out great content and still don't get the recognition they deserve. And as a consequence of being underrated, it can be difficult to connect with other artists in a similar situation. Which sucks, because connecting with those who are also just trying to make it like you are, is a great opportunity to learn and grow with each other and learn what it takes to make something of yourself out in the vast, vast, cutthroat world of art.

So here is this thread to come and save the day! Maybe. Not sure whether this'll actually develop into anything or not, but I feel it's most certainly worth a shot, especially since I haven't seen anything like this in the BBS before.

If you're an artist who makes great art and you feel you have an unacceptably low follower count - or whatever the case may be - consider this thread your new home! If you want to interact with your fellow underrated artists about your crafts, your work ethics, why you create the art you create, your future plans for where to take your art, career choices, hobbies and other non-art-related things, whatever ends up happening! Let's try to make this a friendly chill zone where everyone is welcome.

I'll kickstart this thing off by pinging a whole bunch of artists that I personally consider underrated in hopes that they will heed the signal and flock on over! Feel free to ping artists you consider underrated yourself! I'd recommend not pinging anyone with more than 50-60 followers, but obviously this is just a general guideline. I'm also well aware I'm pretty much only pinging those who are primarily active in the Art and Movies Portals because that's just where my expertise is, but underrated game devs and musicians are most certainly welcome here too!

Anyways, let's get this thing going hopefully.

@AdepthZone
@AshlynniisBrackets
@asemsera
@Blankyboi19
@Citrine106
@Cowzey
@cribble
@DozyMike
@DSixZey
@dunkleshreken
@ElemenopeeN
@FoofooCuddlypoop
@GenericAnime
@Gvilyam
@headstove
@heartcandi
@Holokin
@IquooArt
@JackyCoco
@JavaJake
@JustRigo
@Kerriska
@MagnificentArsehole
@MatthewLemons
@MellonSnow
@NeoBlueRose
@OniDraws
@Pancaketophat
@PowPink
@projectanything (creators of @XRL-7)
@Ribbon-Dove
@rivux
@Rxxou
@semicabbage
@Spazdables
@Sulaimandoodle
@sumawesum
@TechnicalBliss
@TENGUSE
@WhiteHorseAnimations

-Scott

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-08 22:20:45

fug, here's another,

@CaplHelix

hoping thats a lowecase L and not an uppercase I

pop in here before you die again, lord knows what they changed the respawn timer to

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-08 22:25:58

At 2/8/21 10:20 PM, DesertSage wrote: fug, here's another,
@CaplHelix
pop in here before you die again, lord knows what they changed the respawn timer to

wait what? what is this, what's happenng?? I never use NG this is the first time I have gottena notification like this :0

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-08 22:27:06

At 2/8/21 10:25 PM, CaplHelix wrote:
@CaplHelix
wait what? what is this, what's happenng?? I never use NG this is the first time I have gottena notification like this :0

I am summoning you to the ancient realm of newgrounds BBS to hang out with a bunch of other artists on newgrounds!

Enjoy your stay, the soul snare activated five seconds ago.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-08 22:37:12

I made another art. Do people like this one? Am I cool yet?

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-08 22:47:41

At 2/8/21 10:27 PM, DesertSage wrote:
@CaplHelix
I am summoning you to the ancient realm of newgrounds BBS to hang out with a bunch of other artists on newgrounds!

Not sure how to hang out here but okey :)

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-08 22:55:26

At 2/8/21 10:47 PM, CaplHelix wrote:
@CaplHelix

There's a discord link on page 6 but if you just wanna rack up posts which show up on profile stats you can do so here.

this place is better social media than twitter anyway

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-08 22:58:13

At 2/8/21 10:55 PM, DesertSage wrote:
@CaplHelix
There's a discord link on page 6 but if you just wanna rack up posts which show up on profile stats you can do so here.

Okay I am looking for the discord link because this thing is all crowded and I don't know if I am supposed to delete all the stuff above the stuff I am texting now

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-08 22:59:27

At 2/8/21 10:58 PM, CaplHelix wrote:
At 2/8/21 10:55 PM, DesertSage wrote:
@CaplHelix
Okay I am looking for the discord link because this thing is all crowded and I don't know if I am supposed to delete all the stuff above the stuff I am texting now

You can if you want, it just shows people who enter the thread by the most recent posts the context of what the reply is to.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-09 05:51:09

At 2/8/21 04:04 PM, cribble wrote: Thank you, you're a sweetie <3 Sorry it took so long to see this, I don't get to hang out here too much, but I try to pop in once a week and check up some toons. I sometimes feel like I missed the boat on all the online stuff as I'm bloody old now, like 30s now. Sometimes I feel like I was pulled in different directions, lowered my quality to hit demands (mentally, mostly), and ultimately made me unhappy, so I've stripped back a lot of that and I'm focussing on what's good for me now. So really appreciate the kindness you've shown in the shoutout, it helps me figure stuff out and where I should be heading in all of this.

At 1/25/21 08:55 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote: Newgrounds is truly a place where artists from all walks of life can come onstage and make it big without being screwed over by algorithms and censorship and the like. Despite this there are still many artists on this site who put out great content and still don't get the recognition they deserve. And as a consequence of being underrated, it can be difficult to connect with other artists in a similar situation. Which sucks, because connecting with those who are also just trying to make it like you are, is a great opportunity to learn and grow with each other and learn what it takes to make something of yourself out in the vast, vast, cutthroat world of art.

So here is this thread to come and save the day! Maybe. Not sure whether this'll actually develop into anything or not, but I feel it's most certainly worth a shot, especially since I haven't seen anything like this in the BBS before.

If you're an artist who makes great art and you feel you have an unacceptably low follower count - or whatever the case may be - consider this thread your new home! If you want to interact with your fellow underrated artists about your crafts, your work ethics, why you create the art you create, your future plans for where to take your art, career choices, hobbies and other non-art-related things, whatever ends up happening! Let's try to make this a friendly chill zone where everyone is welcome.

I'll kickstart this thing off by pinging a whole bunch of artists that I personally consider underrated in hopes that they will heed the signal and flock on over! Feel free to ping artists you consider underrated yourself! I'd recommend not pinging anyone with more than 50-60 followers, but obviously this is just a general guideline. I'm also well aware I'm pretty much only pinging those who are primarily active in the Art and Movies Portals because that's just where my expertise is, but underrated game devs and musicians are most certainly welcome here too!

Anyways, let's get this thing going hopefully.

@AdepthZone
@AshlynniisBrackets
@asemsera
@Blankyboi19
@Citrine106
@Cowzey
@cribble
@DozyMike
@DSixZey
@dunkleshreken
@ElemenopeeN
@FoofooCuddlypoop
@GenericAnime
@Gvilyam
@headstove
@heartcandi
@Holokin
@IquooArt
@JackyCoco
@JavaJake
@JustRigo
@Kerriska
@MagnificentArsehole
@MatthewLemons
@MellonSnow
@NeoBlueRose
@OniDraws
@Pancaketophat
@PowPink
@projectanything (creators of @XRL-7)
@Ribbon-Dove
@rivux
@Rxxou
@semicabbage
@Spazdables
@Sulaimandoodle
@sumawesum
@TechnicalBliss
@TENGUSE
@WhiteHorseAnimations

It's always my pleasure to give the love where it's needed ;)

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-09 05:51:56

At 2/8/21 10:37 PM, misterbright wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/misterbright/green-girl

That's pretty good. The breasts look a bit weird but that might just be the outfit lol

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-09 17:52:45

At 2/9/21 05:51 AM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
At 2/8/21 10:37 PM, misterbright wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/misterbright/green-girl

That's pretty good. The breasts look a bit weird but that might just be the outfit lol

You truly are a being who has vast knowledge of the boobular region. I have much to learn from you.

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-09 21:51:15

At 2/7/21 12:30 AM, SaucySaucepan wrote:
At 2/6/21 06:29 PM, Onosse wrote: I’ve been really meaning to meet new artists and show my work to others who might be interested! Hi everyone :D

Great stuff! Sounds like you're quite capable with all these mediums. Looking forward to that calender project of yours! :)

thanks! I’m here to support anyone else on their journey as an artist. I found that newgrounds helped me realize my own passion through people who came before me. I feel humbled by other artists who have inspired me to just pursue it and I believe in anybody else who chooses that. I mean it was really only other artist friends who encouraged me to start showing my work. It’s a network of support :)

SFW art: @onosse (instagram)

@onosseart (twitter)

NSFW art: @bucunsfw (twitter)

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-09 23:10:29

Wanna quickly shout out my homie @Goopii who semi recently joined Newgrounds! Her art is so good, y'all gotta check her out.

More of her art can be found on her instagram

Every time you stop running, I'm only getting closer

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-09 23:13:38

At 2/9/21 09:51 PM, Onosse wrote:
At 2/7/21 12:30 AM, SaucySaucepan wrote:

thanks! I’m here to support anyone else on their journey as an artist. I found that newgrounds helped me realize my own passion through people who came before me. I feel humbled by other artists who have inspired me to just pursue it and I believe in anybody else who chooses that. I mean it was really only other artist friends who encouraged me to start showing my work. It’s a network of support :)

yesss, this platform has been great for inspiration. Just looking at the contributions everyone makes on the website has been encouraging me to work on my skills more. everyone on here is also pretty cool :)

Every time you stop running, I'm only getting closer

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-10 00:41:21

Let me push my stuff on yall one more time cuz this is like the first time i've ever finished back to back uploads.

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-10 08:42:45

iu_239325_8456645.jpgiu_239324_8456645.jpg

whats 6x3?!?!

a.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-10 19:44:40

At 2/10/21 08:42 AM, Thatsalongname wrote:
whats 6x3?!?!

it's 2

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-10 22:23:32

C’mere we’re goin to Brazil and stopping by e e b y d e e b y.

a.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-13 06:06:00

was pointed this way by @Urichov I mostly make black and white stuff but have been delving into the realm of color recently. Just posting to hel gain some traction

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-13 06:47:28

here is a pic of my latest piece, was sure this one would do well

iu_240886_8511815.jpg

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-13 09:43:43

At 2/10/21 10:23 PM, Thatsalongname wrote: C’mere we’re goin to Brazil and stopping by e e b y d e e b y.

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Artist Hangout Thread 2021-02-13 10:39:07

Well, not the finished ver of that W.I.P, but:

iu_240955_7630396.jpg

What’re YOUR plans for valentines?