00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BloodLordAngelo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The NG Clash of Avatars

6,266 Views | 267 Replies

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-08 12:14:13

At 12/8/20 11:51 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 12/8/20 11:27 AM, All-American-Badass wrote: There better be booze beyond this portal y'all are clamoring about.
The drone regards cowboy Skeletor with surprise.

???: "You too haven't entered the portal? Well your opponent just entered, so if you go now you may be able to catch up to whatever he's doing on the other side. Also I changed the colors on the chart to make Caleb's gray stand out more. In doing so I changed your color to the pale red on your hat. Caleb managed to finish his fight before you even entered the portal but that's not exactly a surprise as time and space travel is weird. As a reminder I am recording the fights, so if you manage to come back from your respective fights I'll let you see each others' battles."

aight. I'm locked and loaded let's go.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-08 13:11:21 (edited 2020-12-08 13:16:21)

How about some barber shop quartet music to listen to before the fight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdTS6-fbNH0

But seriously,I thought I share this because I actually

think this is a really good song

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-08 16:22:42

At 12/5/20 09:54 PM, J3tjaguar wrote:
Screeeech
Translation:Oh,sorry
Then slowly walks into the portal

At 12/8/20 12:14 PM, All-American-Badass wrote:

Scene Music:

At a military complex, a group of Tankmen were arguing over which of the local papers is better, the "Newgrounds City Times" or "The Tank Tribune". The argument is silenced when M-Bot arrives. They salute him and stand in formation.

M-Bot: "Alright, that's enough tomfoolery out of ya. I may be retired but that doesn't mean I can't use my skills to teach the next generation of the guard! We must be the elite of the elite! Stay ever-vigilant in our efforts to blam any threats to Newgrounds City and protect our people!"

One of the Tankmen makes a sarcastic comments causing some of the others to barely stifle a snicker, which M-Bot catches and berates them in a scene very much like a NG version of Full Metal Jacket.

It's at this moment that Jet Jaguar and a skeletal cowboy arrive in the middle of the room. This prompts everyone else in the room to point their weapons at the two intruders. With the two intruders completely surrounded, M-Bot growls at them.

M-Bot: "Inter-dimensional intruders!? *sigh* Just another day at NG City... State yer name and business intruders, you're in dangerous territory here!"

OOC note: hopefully I got M-Bot's personality right, don't know much about him aside from him just being a mod bot.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-08 19:30:20

At 12/8/20 04:22 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Screeeech
Scene Music:

At a military complex, a group of Tankmen were arguing over which of the local papers is better, the "Newgrounds City Times" or "The Tank Tribune". The argument is silenced when M-Bot arrives. They salute him and stand in formation.

M-Bot: "Alright, that's enough tomfoolery out of ya. I may be retired but that doesn't mean I can't use my skills to teach the next generation of the guard! We must be the elite of the elite! Stay ever-vigilant in our efforts to blam any threats to Newgrounds City and protect our people!"

One of the Tankmen makes a sarcastic comments causing some of the others to barely stifle a snicker, which M-Bot catches and berates them in a scene very much like a NG version of Full Metal Jacket.

It's at this moment that Jet Jaguar and a skeletal cowboy arrive in the middle of the room. This prompts everyone else in the room to point their weapons at the two intruders. With the two intruders completely surrounded, M-Bot growls at them.

M-Bot: "Inter-dimensional intruders!? *sigh* Just another day at NG City... State yer name and business intruders, you're in dangerous territory here!"
OOC note: hopefully I got M-Bot's personality right, don't know much about him aside from him just being a mod bot.

SCREEOONCH

Translation:"This has nothing to do with you,its only me and him."

I then slightly grow in size but not enough for the room to collapse,then i punt kick

Skeleton Cowboy into the wall,causing hm to go right through to the outside.I then proceed to shrink back down.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-08 19:48:01

At 12/8/20 07:30 PM, J3tjaguar wrote:
Screeeech
Scene Music:

SCREEOONCH
I then slightly grow in size but not enough for the room to collapse,then i punt kick
Skeleton Cowboy into the wall,causing hm to go right through to the outside.I then proceed to shrink back down.

M-Bot: "Property damage is a crime in these parts and we strike down crooks for a living, so what was that about having nothing to do with us?"

In response, M-Bot and the Tankmen arm their weapons.

Battle Music

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-08 20:23:23

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-08 20:37:40

At 12/8/20 08:23 PM, Ryanson wrote: Mega Man joins the battle!

Mega Man exits the portal and finds himself in a gray, barren landscape. The sky is a pitch black tainted with a deep red that seems to occasionally glitch out. The average person could probably physically feel that there's something off about this place, as if reality decided to take a vacation. Freddy was nowhere to be found, but there is a set of train tracks nearby that lead to a large complex in the distance.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-08 20:44:32

At 12/8/20 08:37 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Mega Man exits the portal and finds himself in a gray, barren landscape. The sky is a pitch black tainted with a deep red that seems to occasionally glitch out. The average person could probably physically feel that there's something off about this place, as if reality decided to take a vacation. Freddy was nowhere to be found, but there is a set of train tracks nearby that lead to a large complex in the distance.

Mega Man moves closer to the train tracks to investigate, his arm cannon ready to fire at a moment's notice.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-08 20:58:50

At 12/8/20 08:44 PM, Ryanson wrote:
At 12/8/20 08:37 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Mega Man moves closer to the train tracks to investigate, his arm cannon ready to fire at a moment's notice.

A large pile of corpses of this world's people comes into view at the train tracks. Next to them is a paper with an insulting picture of Dr. Light and some taunting words below, both written in blood: "Dr. Light, I'm still amused by what a deluded old fart he is! Time and space are broken here, meaning I can use my dream powers here! I'm waiting for you bitch with my friend Tricky!"

As if on cue, some buildings jut out of the ground and some groups of agents begin pouring out, guns blazing.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-08 21:27:09

At 12/8/20 08:58 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: A large pile of corpses of this world's people comes into view at the train tracks. Next to them is a paper with an insulting picture of Dr. Light and some taunting words below, both written in blood: "Dr. Light, I'm still amused by what a deluded old fart he is! Time and space are broken here, meaning I can use my dream powers here! I'm waiting for you bitch with my friend Tricky!"

As if on cue, some buildings jut out of the ground and some groups of agents begin pouring out, guns blazing.

"Bang. Bang. Bang."

Mega Man mutters these words as he blasts his Mega Buster at the agents, dodging their fire as he does so, skirting in and out as he tries to close the gap between himself and the wall of attackers. He stops partway through his charge, outgunned and outnumbered. He rolls to the nearest pile of corpses and hides behind it as the gunshots continue to ring out.

"Time to Rock... and Roll."

He presses a button on his arm and out pops one of his favorite weapons - the Metal Blade. Or more accurately, a handful of them. He smirks - at his own cheesy line, yes, but also at the knowledge of what he's about to do. With a mighty kick, he leaps off the ground and throws the sawblades like shuriken toward the army.

"Bet you never saw that coming!"

Another ten out of ten joke, he thinks to himself.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-08 23:51:53

At 12/8/20 09:27 PM, Ryanson wrote:
At 12/8/20 08:58 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: A large pile of corpses of this world's people comes into view at the train tracks. Next to them is a paper with an insulting picture of Dr. Light and some taunting words below, both written in blood: "Dr. Light, I'm still amused by what a deluded old fart he is! Time and space are broken here, meaning I can use my dream powers here! I'm waiting for you bitch with my friend Tricky!"

"Bang. Bang. Bang."

Mega Man mutters these words as he blasts his Mega Buster at the agents, dodging their fire as he does so, skirting in and out as he tries to close the gap between himself and the wall of attackers. He stops partway through his charge, outgunned and outnumbered. He rolls to the nearest pile of corpses and hides behind it as the gunshots continue to ring out.

He presses a button on his arm and out pops one of his favorite weapons - the Metal Blade. Or more accurately, a handful of them. He smirks - at his own cheesy line, yes, but also at the knowledge of what he's about to do. With a mighty kick, he leaps off the ground and throws the sawblades like shuriken toward the army.

Battle Music

Several members of the enemy have been taken out, leaving a few left. Suddenly a train runs over a few more members of the enemy before coming to a stop. Behind the controls of the train is a grunt who fell asleep on the job, and in the cars of the train include a weapons stockpile, a rave party that's still ongoing, and a few cars full of more armed agents.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-08 23:53:15

At 12/8/20 07:48 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Screeeech
Scene Music:

SCREEOONCH
M-Bot: "Property damage is a crime in these parts and we strike down crooks for a living, so what was that about having nothing to do with us?"

Battle Music

A bright white light flashes from my eye,blinding evryone else in the room,but its temporary.So i use it to my Advantage and run out of the Room to Skeleton Cowboy

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-09 00:03:55

At 12/8/20 11:53 PM, J3tjaguar wrote:
Screeeech
Scene Music:

SCREEOONCH

Battle Music
A bright white light flashes from my eye,blinding evryone else in the room,but its temporary.So i use it to my Advantage and run out of the Room to Skeleton Cowboy

You fool you got the law after us. I then conk Jet Jaguar on the head with the grip of my pistol. I ain't gonna let your wrecklessness get in the way of my whiskey

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-09 00:38:13

At 12/8/20 11:51 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

"Bang. Bang. Bang."

Battle Music

Several members of the enemy have been taken out, leaving a few left. Suddenly a train runs over a few more members of the enemy before coming to a stop. Behind the controls of the train is a grunt who fell asleep on the job, and in the cars of the train include a weapons stockpile, a rave party that's still ongoing, and a few cars full of more armed agents.

Mega Man bumrushes the cars as quickly as he can, planting one of his Crash Bombs onto the door as he bashes the heads of a few barely-suspecting agents. Then, as quickly as he gets in, he leaps through a window on the other side. He makes a victorious pose as he lands on the ground.

"Boom."

The Crash Bomb's timer goes off, and the car explodes in a flurry of fire and noise. God, Mega Man feels so ridiculously cool.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-09 01:10:37

At 12/9/20 12:38 AM, Ryanson wrote:

"Bang. Bang. Bang."

Battle Music

Mega Man bumrushes the cars as quickly as he can, planting one of his Crash Bombs onto the door as he bashes the heads of a few barely-suspecting agents. Then, as quickly as he gets in, he leaps through a window on the other side. He makes a victorious pose as he lands on the ground.

"Boom."

The Crash Bomb's timer goes off, and the car explodes in a flurry of fire and noise. God, Mega Man feels so ridiculously cool.

Suddenly the ground shifts and the building complex that was in the distance is now in front of Mega Man. It wasn't like an earthquake, it felt more like a tape measure rolling back up.

The building entrance is guarded by two massive MAG agents in tough armor, with the hallways inside the building being full of more MAG agents.

Before Mega Man can make a move, the air shifts around him and his body temporarily shifts into the following in order: Mega Man X's body, a toaster with toast inexplicably popping out, Roll's body, Mega Man.exe's body, a vending machine, Zero's body, P-Bot's body, Bass' body, a radio that starts playing a bad and annoying catchy song, Sigma's body, Dr. Wily's naked body, and back to himself again. Yep, just another day in Madness.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-09 02:06:55

At 12/9/20 01:10 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 12/9/20 12:38 AM, Ryanson wrote:

"Bang. Bang. Bang."

Battle Music

"Boom."

Suddenly the ground shifts and the building complex that was in the distance is now in front of Mega Man. It wasn't like an earthquake, it felt more like a tape measure rolling back up.

The building entrance is guarded by two massive MAG agents in tough armor, with the hallways inside the building being full of more MAG agents.

Before Mega Man can make a move, the air shifts around him and his body temporarily shifts into the following in order: Mega Man X's body, a toaster with toast inexplicably popping out, Roll's body, Mega Man.exe's body, a vending machine, Zero's body, P-Bot's body, Bass' body, a radio that starts playing a bad and annoying catchy song, Sigma's body, Dr. Wily's naked body, and back to himself again. Yep, just another day in Madness.

The bad and annoying catchy song in question.

"What the fuck just happened?"

Mega Man tries to shake off the weird... experience, for lack of a better word. What just happened? Where exactly was he? What's going on? Why did he suddenly have a hankering for powdered toast? Or... or was he the powdered toast? Was he also his sister? Was his Mega Buster a cola for a half-second? He was still a super fighting robot, that was for sure, even though every bit of technology within him felt like it could - should - have been fried from the constant shifting.

There was no time to stress any longer, though - the MAG agents had surrounded him while he was mentally recovering. He'd dawdled for too long. He had to fight his way out.

Easy peasy lemon leafy. Err, leafy squeezy. Nevermind, he'd work on that one later.

A quick click on his arm and out of nowhere leaves materialize around him, a revolving shield of foliage. At the very least, he was protected for the time being - MAG agents that were too close got cut by each nearby razor leaf, forcing them to take a few steps back for the time being.

With a moment to clear his thoughts, he looks forward to the building, now mere steps in front of him. He had a strong suspicion that was where he'd needed to go. He'd raided bases before, after all. Seemed only natural. Only question left was... why?

Whatever. He just needed to clear a path, and with a punching motion he blasts his Leaf Shield in front of him. The guards before him that aren't blown away scatter. There we go: a way in. With not a moment to spare, he makes a run for the entrance.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-09 11:35:18

At 12/9/20 12:03 AM, All-American-Badass wrote:
At 12/8/20 11:53 PM, J3tjaguar wrote:
Screeeech
Scene Music:

SCREEOONCH

Battle Music
You fool you got the law after us. I then conk Jet Jaguar on the head with the grip of my pistol. I ain't gonna let your wrecklessness get in the way of my whiskey

I then punch Skeleton Cowboy in the face,causing him to lose a single tooth

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-09 14:49:30 (edited 2020-12-09 15:08:58)

At 12/9/20 02:06 AM, Ryanson wrote:
At 12/9/20 01:10 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:

The bad and annoying catchy song in question.

"What the fuck just happened?"

Mega Man tries to shake off the weird... experience, for lack of a better word. What just happened? Where exactly was he? What's going on? Why did he suddenly have a hankering for powdered toast? Or... or was he the powdered toast? Was he also his sister? Was his Mega Buster a cola for a half-second? He was still a super fighting robot, that was for sure, even though every bit of technology within him felt like it could - should - have been fried from the constant shifting.

There was no time to stress any longer, though - the MAG agents had surrounded him while he was mentally recovering. He'd dawdled for too long. He had to fight his way out.

Easy peasy lemon leafy. Err, leafy squeezy. Nevermind, he'd work on that one later.

A quick click on his arm and out of nowhere leaves materialize around him, a revolving shield of foliage. At the very least, he was protected for the time being - MAG agents that were too close got cut by each nearby razor leaf, forcing them to take a few steps back for the time being.

With a moment to clear his thoughts, he looks forward to the building, now mere steps in front of him. He had a strong suspicion that was where he'd needed to go. He'd raided bases before, after all. Seemed only natural. Only question left was... why?

Whatever. He just needed to clear a path, and with a punching motion he blasts his Leaf Shield in front of him. The guards before him that aren't blown away scatter. There we go: a way in. With not a moment to spare, he makes a run for the entrance.

Battle Music

The interior glitches out, changing the hallways to resemble that of an unholy fusion of Hell and that of a school's. Corpses of children can be seen impaled on stalactites and stalagmites. One can see a heavy-duty lab door at the end of a hallway. Suddenly the screams of Roll, Proto Man, and Dr. Light can be heard coming from it, sounding far more tortured than Mega Man's ever heard from them. Said hallway suddenly elongates to become a platforming nightmare filled with platforms, deep pits of spikes, and thick metal chains that jut out randomly just like the rope obstacle course you'd see at a camp. The dangerous path to the lab is filled with MAG agents wearing hockey masks and wielding machetes.

It's Freddy Krueger in the world of Madness. Not expecting nightmare fuel to result from that is like saying NG will cease to exist without Flash.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-10 02:16:55

At 12/9/20 02:49 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: The interior glitches out, changing the hallways to resemble that of an unholy fusion of Hell and that of a school's. Corpses of children can be seen impaled on stalactites and stalagmites. One can see a heavy-duty lab door at the end of a hallway. Suddenly the screams of Roll, Proto Man, and Dr. Light can be heard coming from it, sounding far more tortured than Mega Man's ever heard from them. Said hallway suddenly elongates to become a platforming nightmare filled with platforms, deep pits of spikes, and thick metal chains that jut out randomly just like the rope obstacle course you'd see at a camp. The dangerous path to the lab is filled with MAG agents wearing hockey masks and wielding machetes.

"What... what is this place?"

Mega Man skids to a halt as the halls warp around him, a nightmare come to life. His compatriots' screams echo around him, calling to him, beckoning him forward. His own body betrays him though - he cannot chase them. He remains motionless. Is it fear that freezes him in place? The chill runs down his spine as he acknowledges that duh of course it is. What sort of being could do something like this? Dr. Wily may have made his share of weirdly displaced routes, but even science shouldn't have been able to do what he was seeing before him. This... this was someone was someone powerful. Perhaps the note he read earlier was no exaggeration.

The march of footsteps brings his thoughts to a focus, and he sees the masked assailants standing across from him. He hides his fear with a laugh and a snarky comment.

"You guys look familiar. What, want a cut of the action?"

With a click, he summons the Metal Blades to his hands. He doesn't throw them though. He solidifies his stance, ready to go on the offensive... or perhaps defensive. Gathering what courage he could - fake it til you make it and all that - he musters out a loud challenge.

"But you're not who I'm really fighting, are you guys? No. I want to know who it is pulling the strings. Making all this... stuff happen. All this madness. Who's the puppet master who's too afraid to fight me face-to-face?"

He hoped he wouldn't regret his words.

It's Freddy Krueger in the world of Madness. Not expecting nightmare fuel to result from that is like saying NG will cease to exist without Flash.
(Haven't you read all the forum topics? People keep asking how NG will live after Flash! We just don't know!)

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-10 03:08:54

At 12/10/20 02:16 AM, Ryanson wrote:
At 12/9/20 02:49 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: The interior glitches out, changing the hallways to resemble that of an unholy fusion of Hell and that of a school's. Corpses of children can be seen impaled on stalactites and stalagmites. One can see a heavy-duty lab door at the end of a hallway. Suddenly the screams of Roll, Proto Man, and Dr. Light can be heard coming from it, sounding far more tortured than Mega Man's ever heard from them. Said hallway suddenly elongates to become a platforming nightmare filled with platforms, deep pits of spikes, and thick metal chains that jut out randomly just like the rope obstacle course you'd see at a camp. The dangerous path to the lab is filled with MAG agents wearing hockey masks and wielding machetes.
"What... what is this place?"

Mega Man skids to a halt as the halls warp around him, a nightmare come to life. His compatriots' screams echo around him, calling to him, beckoning him forward. His own body betrays him though - he cannot chase them. He remains motionless. Is it fear that freezes him in place? The chill runs down his spine as he acknowledges that duh of course it is. What sort of being could do something like this? Dr. Wily may have made his share of weirdly displaced routes, but even science shouldn't have been able to do what he was seeing before him. This... this was someone was someone powerful. Perhaps the note he read earlier was no exaggeration.

The march of footsteps brings his thoughts to a focus, and he sees the masked assailants standing across from him. He hides his fear with a laugh and a snarky comment.

"You guys look familiar. What, want a cut of the action?"

With a click, he summons the Metal Blades to his hands. He doesn't throw them though. He solidifies his stance, ready to go on the offensive... or perhaps defensive. Gathering what courage he could - fake it til you make it and all that - he musters out a loud challenge.

"But you're not who I'm really fighting, are you guys? No. I want to know who it is pulling the strings. Making all this... stuff happen. All this madness. Who's the puppet master who's too afraid to fight me face-to-face?"

He hoped he wouldn't regret his words.

Battle Music

All the platforms and obstacles immediately fade away as the hallway shrinks in an instant until the lab door is in front of him. Doing so causes all the enemies that were on the platform to surround Mega Man. The lab door then opens wide, revealing what seems to be Mega Man's world on a nice, sunny day... with Roll and Proto Man hauling up Dr. Light to Dr. Wily, who is sitting on a throne overlooking the city via a rooftop. Their backs save for Wily are to Mega Man, meaning he can't see their faces. Roll and Proto Man then violently behead Dr. Light and pledge themselves to Dr. Wily, the latter clapping his hands together and laughing evilly. Roll and Proto Man then hop off the rooftop and soon the screams of innocent lives and flames of destruction occur throughout the city.

The scene shifts to an army consisting of every Robot Master and minion of Wily's Mega Man's ever faced, except they're a horrific amalgamation with the denizens of Madness. Flying high on a Wily capsule is Freddy and Tricky.

Freddy: "Like what I've done with the place? Mere child's play as warping reality in the dream world is limited only to my imagination! While this place isn't the dream world, it's no different from it as it's like a living dream here... or should I say, nightmare! I'd say I make a good team with this clown here, he just loves killing people for the pure fun of it just like me! I never faced off against a robot before, so that's another reason why I teamed up with him. Plus he has a piece of technology that seems to warp reality just like I do in dreams, so after this bout I'll take it with me! Now I was promised complete control of my world should I win this tournament, but after learning about your world I'm thinking of revising that deal! I'm thinking about asking how many other worlds they'll be able to hand me over, then I can have a real killer's paradise! And all that's standing in my way are just a few fighters in a tournament like you!"

Freddy gives a signal to the others, causing some of the nearest foes to begin rushing towards Mega Man.

(Haven't you read all the forum topics? People keep asking how NG will live after Flash! We just don't know!)
Great, so this is what it feels like to be Tom Fulp in the whole Ruffle situation.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-10 21:39:25 (edited 2020-12-10 21:48:09)

At 12/10/20 03:08 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: All the platforms and obstacles immediately fade away as the hallway shrinks in an instant until the lab door is in front of him. Doing so causes all the enemies that were on the platform to surround Mega Man. The lab door then opens wide, revealing what seems to be Mega Man's world on a nice, sunny day... with Roll and Proto Man hauling up Dr. Light to Dr. Wily, who is sitting on a throne overlooking the city via a rooftop. Their backs save for Wily are to Mega Man, meaning he can't see their faces. Roll and Proto Man then violently behead Dr. Light and pledge themselves to Dr. Wily, the latter clapping his hands together and laughing evilly. Roll and Proto Man then hop off the rooftop and soon the screams of innocent lives and flames of destruction occur throughout the city.

The scene shifts to an army consisting of every Robot Master and minion of Wily's Mega Man's ever faced, except they're a horrific amalgamation with the denizens of Madness. Flying high on a Wily capsule is Freddy and Tricky.

Freddy: "Like what I've done with the place? Mere child's play as warping reality in the dream world is limited only to my imagination! While this place isn't the dream world, it's no different from it as it's like a living dream here... or should I say, nightmare! I'd say I make a good team with this clown here, he just loves killing people for the pure fun of it just like me! I never faced off against a robot before, so that's another reason why I teamed up with him. Plus he has a piece of technology that seems to warp reality just like I do in dreams, so after this bout I'll take it with me! Now I was promised complete control of my world should I win this tournament, but after learning about your world I'm thinking of revising that deal! I'm thinking about asking how many other worlds they'll be able to hand me over, then I can have a real killer's paradise! And all that's standing in my way are just a few fighters in a tournament like you!"

Freddy gives a signal to the others, causing some of the nearest foes to begin rushing towards Mega Man.

"You," Mega Man reels back his hands, "talk too much."

He throws his Metal Blades like shuriken and they rip and tear through the mass of beings charging at him. The ones that are able to dodge or survive the cuts get a face-full of Mega Buster blasting at them.

"So you're just another loser who wants to take over the world or whatever, huh?!"

He ignores the rest of the enemies attacking him, leaping out of reach. He points his Mega Buster at Freddy and charges up a shot.

"Then surely you won't mind if I take a shot at stopping you."

Eh, needs work. Hard to be snarky in the middle of combat. How does Spider-Man do it?

A beam of plasma explodes from his arm cannon, aimed directly at Freddy. It appears to envelop him in the blast... but Mega Man is sure that, like most of his foes, this fight is only the beginning. He descends to the pavement (?) below and readies himself to switch weapons, unsure of how to beat this new foe or his seemingly unending army. One wrong move is all it'd take.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-11 01:49:48

At 12/10/20 09:39 PM, Ryanson wrote:
At 12/10/20 03:08 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: All the platforms and obstacles immediately fade away as the hallway shrinks in an instant until the lab door is in front of him. Doing so causes all the enemies that were on the platform to surround Mega Man. The lab door then opens wide, revealing what seems to be Mega Man's world on a nice, sunny day... with Roll and Proto Man hauling up Dr. Light to Dr. Wily, who is sitting on a throne overlooking the city via a rooftop. Their backs save for Wily are to Mega Man, meaning he can't see their faces. Roll and Proto Man then violently behead Dr. Light and pledge themselves to Dr. Wily, the latter clapping his hands together and laughing evilly. Roll and Proto Man then hop off the rooftop and soon the screams of innocent lives and flames of destruction occur throughout the city.

"You," Mega Man reels back his hands, "talk too much."

He throws his Metal Blades like shuriken and they rip and tear through the mass of beings charging at him. The ones that are able to dodge or survive the cuts get a face-full of Mega Buster blasting at them.

"So you're just another loser who wants to take over the world or whatever, huh?!"

He ignores the rest of the enemies attacking him, leaping out of reach. He points his Mega Buster at Freddy and charges up a shot.

"Then surely you won't mind if I take a shot at stopping you."

Eh, needs work. Hard to be snarky in the middle of combat. How does Spider-Man do it?

A beam of plasma explodes from his arm cannon, aimed directly at Freddy. It appears to envelop him in the blast... but Mega Man is sure that, like most of his foes, this fight is only the beginning. He descends to the pavement (?) below and readies himself to switch weapons, unsure of how to beat this new foe or his seemingly unending army. One wrong move is all it'd take.

Battle Music

Freddy is seemingly gone from the blast. Then it starts to rain blood as multiple arms of Freddy's emerge from the ground all over the place. As Tricky leaps off the Wily capsule and begins attacking Mega Man with his stop sign (with Freddy's arms joining in on the fight), Freddy's disembodied voice can be heard.

"You're no Mega Man to me, but just a Mega Boy! I doubt you even know how society works, let alone understand it! Blind to the various flavors of morality! As such you'd never be considered human by them, just a mindless, soulless machine! An outcast! Aren't robots like you supposed to comply with the 3 laws of robotics? Do you have the guts to take a human's life? After all, I used to be human myself!"

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-13 00:44:51

At 12/13/20 12:42 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote: Damn, Does caleb need to bring this thread back to life?

Either I got writer's block or I'm procrastinating. Which is it? I'll never tell!

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-13 00:55:24

At 12/13/20 12:42 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
Damn, Does caleb need to bring this thread back to life?

Well, there's nothing to stop you from having Caleb do something in the break room. Maybe I should add more to the break room just so anyone there would have something to do whenever the thread hits a snag or lags.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-13 01:05:50

At 12/13/20 01:00 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/13/20 12:55 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Well, there's nothing to stop you from having Caleb do something in the break room. Maybe I should add more to the break room just so anyone there would have something to do whenever the thread hits a snag or lags.
Can you guys keep it up? I like reading the fights, It does help me stay vigilant for postings in the thread.

Speaking of which, of the three users I sent PMs to, only @GotDamnitWegra hasn't responded. So I'm completely in the dark as to why there's a lack of participation on his end.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-13 01:49:42

Probably won't use this stage for this season as I'd rather do my research beforehand (never tried the game as of this post), but I wonder how well an Among Us stage would go. Our avatars would probably be immediately outed as imposters!

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-13 04:29:25

At 12/13/20 01:05 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 12/13/20 01:00 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/13/20 12:55 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Can you guys keep it up? I like reading the fights, It does help me stay vigilant for postings in the thread.
Speaking of which, of the three users I sent PMs to, only @GotDamnitWegra hasn't responded. So I'm completely in the dark as to why there's a lack of participation on his end.

sorry for the late response, i have an exam tomorrow

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-13 17:29:06

While we wait, might as well talk about the battle zones shown so far.

As you can tell by now, all the battle zones of the first round this season are Newgrounds-themed. However things will go back to "normal" for the rest of the season. I say "normal" as I'd rather have the battle zones be more random than sharing a theme, but I wanted to show off some Newgrounds zones since, well, this is Newgrounds and I figured it'll be a great way to start off the thread.

Also, two of the battle zones I revealed so far are actually part of the same location, namely Newgrounds City. Said city is basically what I imagine Newgrounds to be like in-universe from the viewpoint of the NG characters. The city is also big enough that we can easily make several more battle zones from it too, due to all the various districts, buildings, and facilities. As for the city layout I have no idea, but if two fights were going on at the same time I'd say the city is big enough that the fighters of those respective fights wouldn't meet each other unless they went out of their way to do so. The NG City battle zones that I've revealed so far is based on the Clock Crew and the Under Judgement portal respectively.

I also was considering looking up photos of the NG HQ so that all I had to do was draw the characters in, but decided against it as I felt I'd be unable to find one I'd like.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-13 17:33:49

At 12/13/20 04:29 AM, GotDamnitWegra wrote: sorry for the late response, i have an exam tomorrow

Good luck with that if it's not too late to wish that for you. My guy's paired against your guy I think but I'm patient and it is a slug and doesn't care.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-17 19:13:58

So, how are y'all holding up? Just checking in to see how you're doing as last time I checked some of ya were either busy or stumped.

For my end at least I'm doing good. Just got a new sig. I actually had a sig for this thread's predecessor, and while I would go ask for one for this thread I won't right now as the first season isn't complete yet and there's no telling how successful this thread will be after that. One thing I must admit is that this thread is doing better than the 2nd and 3rd user icon battle threads, which I'm proud of.