00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wulfwynne just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The NG Clash of Avatars

6,264 Views | 267 Replies

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 15:17:00

At 12/2/20 03:14 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/2/20 03:04 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 12/2/20 02:56 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/2/20 02:27 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 12/2/20 02:43 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/1/20 12:52 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 12/1/20 12:09 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: With the square-cube law, basically the bigger something is, their mass increases exponentially
No, cubically. Still steeper than linear, but nowhere near exponential.
Hey, Kid! (Piconjo) Yeah you! What's your story?
One day, the glorious land of Newgrounds was conquered by Wadolf, Wade Fulp's dark alter ego, who ruled it like a tyrant. So Newgrounds's mascot Pico created his own dark alter ego to defeat him.

That was me, and I prevailed.
Cool story bro.
I'd ask about yours, but I can't seem to care.
Hey, These root beers aren't going to drink themselves. Would you like one?

iu_203313_2278460.jpg

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 15:38:15

At 12/2/20 03:36 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/2/20 03:17 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 12/2/20 03:14 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/2/20 03:04 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 12/2/20 02:56 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/2/20 02:27 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 12/2/20 02:43 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/1/20 12:52 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 12/1/20 12:09 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: With the square-cube law, basically the bigger something is, their mass increases exponentially
No, cubically. Still steeper than linear, but nowhere near exponential.
Hey, Kid! (Piconjo) Yeah you! What's your story?
One day, the glorious land of Newgrounds was conquered by Wadolf, Wade Fulp's dark alter ego, who ruled it like a tyrant. So Newgrounds's mascot Pico created his own dark alter ego to defeat him.

That was me, and I prevailed.
Cool story bro.
I'd ask about yours, but I can't seem to care.
Hey, These root beers aren't going to drink themselves. Would you like one?
Here. *Holds out a bottle of root beer for piconjo.*

Thanks.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 16:17:02 (edited 2020-12-02 16:17:38)

The host speaks up.

???: "Since half of you already told your stories, I just had my folks scramble the slots to determine who you'll be fighting against. Not expecting that slug to tell its story as I'm pretty sure slugs can't talk. I do at least know your names or at least something close to them due to how my portal tech searched for fighters. As I'll show you the chart as soon as the results come back, do you have any color preferences you'd like to go as on the chart? In other words, the color of your victory path? Otherwise I'll just use your clothes and such for reference."

Freddy turns around from the couch.

Freddy: "Make mine blood red!"

???: "Noted."

Freddy turns back to the TV, where a new episode begins showing Ultron vs Sigma.

(and now the only Death Battles left that relate to our avatars are the two that involve Mega Man himself)

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 16:21:46

At 12/2/20 04:17 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: The host speaks up.

???: "Since half of you already told your stories, I just had my folks scramble the slots to determine who you'll be fighting against. Not expecting that slug to tell its story as I'm pretty sure slugs can't talk. I do at least know your names or at least something close to them due to how my portal tech searched for fighters. As I'll show you the chart as soon as the results come back, do you have any color preferences you'd like to go as on the chart? In other words, the color of your victory path? Otherwise I'll just use your clothes and such for reference."

Freddy turns around from the couch.

Freddy: "Make mine blood red!"

???: "Noted."

Freddy turns back to the TV, where a new episode begins showing Ultron vs Sigma.

(and now the only Death Battles left that relate to our avatars are the two that involve Mega Man himself)

Screeonch

Translation:I want mine to be yellow please.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 17:35:20

At 12/2/20 04:21 PM, J3tjaguar wrote:
Screeonch

At 12/2/20 04:24 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
Well since red is taken, Perhaps silver for me.

???: "Noted for both of you. ...ah, the results are finally back. Putting in the colors now and... there! I direct your attention to the other big screen in the room."

On a big screen on the wall far from where the TV is, the flowchart showing the colors of the fighters as well as who they're pitted against for the first round shows up.

???: "While I tried to stay true to what colors represent you, I also didn't want to have the colors be too close to each other in appearance as that'll make things not as pleasing to look at. Hopefully I did a good job, though you can still change the colors to whatever you want at this moment. Now would be a good time to get to know your designated opponent as where you'll be fighting at hasn't been decided yet. How said places, which I call Battle Zones, as decided is either up to my technology to choose at random or if a business associate and the like were to handpick 'em themself. Naturally, I already informed said associates who the fighters of this season are."

iu_203388_5009006.png

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 17:43:00

At 12/2/20 05:35 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 12/2/20 04:21 PM, J3tjaguar wrote:
Screeonch
At 12/2/20 04:24 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
Well since red is taken, Perhaps silver for me.
???: "Noted for both of you. ...ah, the results are finally back. Putting in the colors now and... there! I direct your attention to the other big screen in the room."

On a big screen on the wall far from where the TV is, the flowchart showing the colors of the fighters as well as who they're pitted against for the first round shows up.

???: "While I tried to stay true to what colors represent you, I also didn't want to have the colors be too close to each other in appearance as that'll make things not as pleasing to look at. Hopefully I did a good job, though you can still change the colors to whatever you want at this moment. Now would be a good time to get to know your designated opponent as where you'll be fighting at hasn't been decided yet. How said places, which I call Battle Zones, as decided is either up to my technology to choose at random or if a business associate and the like were to handpick 'em themself. Naturally, I already informed said associates who the fighters of this season are."

aw man,I wanted to go to StrongBadia

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 17:47:12

At 12/2/20 05:43 PM, J3tjaguar wrote:
aw man,I wanted to go to StrongBadia

No rule saying one of this guy's business associates/sponsors can't pick the same Battle Zone you want to fight in.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 18:02:52

At 12/1/20 11:17 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Freddy slips on the slug's slime and nearly crashes into the TV. He scowls as he gets up.

Freddy: "Someone find that bitchin' slug, that thing's a hazard!"

Someone presumably is headed in the slug's general direction. It has a considerable headstart but nothing that a fairly fit individual wouldn't be able to close without getting tired. The slug has seen the flowchart representing its intended battle path and is ambivalent. It closed its Steam account years ago, after all, and slugs can't see colour all that well so the purple hue holds little value to it. Whether the assertion that the slug cannot speak is true remains to be verified, but it doesn't seem to be responding in any case. It appears to have found an old Commodore 64, and were one to accept the stipulation that slugs think about these sorts of things, then one might say it looks pensive, considering turning the thing on, though some difficulties may present themselves as the thing is not plugged on.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 18:23:40

Scrrroooonccchhh

Translation:Should i just put this thing in a jar

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 23:30:06

At 12/2/20 06:23 PM, J3tjaguar wrote: Scrrroooonccchhh

Freddy: "Go knock yourself out, it'll just be gathered anyways when it's time to fight!"

A strange pinging sound comes from the drone. A moment later the host speaks again.

???: "I just got a message from one of my newest patrons going by the name of Tricky the Clown. He claims to know Piconjo and has some Battle Zone suggestions. Should we trust him?"

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-03 10:16:13

At 12/2/20 11:35 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/2/20 11:30 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Freddy: "Go knock yourself out, it'll just be gathered anyways when it's time to fight!"

A strange pinging sound comes from the drone. A moment later the host speaks again.

???: "I just got a message from one of my newest patrons going by the name of Tricky the Clown. He claims to know Piconjo and has some Battle Zone suggestions. Should we trust him?"
I dunno. He sounds like a fun guy.

Oh hell no.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-03 10:21:11 (edited 2020-12-03 10:25:35)

At 9/25/20 09:14 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Yeah, this is basically the second coming of my User Icon Battle thread. Am not proud of some of the things that went down on the original thread but I've since moved on, not gonna let that stuff define me. The thread was a great idea in paper, but bad in execution. I seek to change that with this thread. Not calling this a sequel to it as it's more of a reinvention. Among other things, unlike the original this is not going to be an annual thread but a single, continuous one.

So first things first, here are the rules. It's in a news post instead of on here as you can't edit BBS posts as much as you want and it's important to have the rules be updated whenever there's a problem, so yeah. We want a thread that gets more streamlined as time goes on. There's more rules than there were way back then but that's a consequence of making sure things are done right.

As for the avatars, that's actually much less restrictive than before. Unlike the original User Icon Battle in which you had to use your current Newgrounds avatar, this time you can use any avatar you've ever used from any of the sites you've been to. Does that make it no longer Newgrounds-themed? Nope, still is as we're involving the Newgrounds community.

For the first game, since we're starting out, I think 16

Could be fun

please help. thank you.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-03 12:04:03

Scrrreeeeccchhh

Translation:Alright man.

Procceeds to pick up an empty jar next to the commador and put the slug in.with breathing holes in the top of the lid

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-03 12:08:15

At 12/3/20 10:16 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:

Oh hell no.

Freddy: "A clown huh? Sure, why not, some chaos would be a laugh riot!"

???: "That's two for and one against. Noted. Anyways I don't suppose you have any music preferences? Sure, picking some battle music would be easier if you knew exactly where you'd be fighting but I'd figured I'd ask anyways in advance out of curiosity. Otherwise I'll just have my associates and patrons pick 'em. Also, should mention that the battle zones aren't arenas, well usually that is. Instead my tech warps you to random locations across the multiverse. This means you can be fighting in anything, such as a populated city, somewhere in the wilderness, a historic or important site, or someplace just plain crazy."

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-03 12:44:46

At 12/3/20 12:14 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/3/20 12:08 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:

Oh hell no.

???: "That's two for and one against. Noted. Anyways I don't suppose you have any music preferences? Sure, picking some battle music would be easier if you knew exactly where you'd be fighting but I'd figured I'd ask anyways in advance out of curiosity. Otherwise I'll just have my associates and patrons pick 'em. Also, should mention that the battle zones aren't arenas, well usually that is. Instead my tech warps you to random locations across the multiverse. This means you can be fighting in anything, such as a populated city, somewhere in the wilderness, a historic or important site, or someplace just plain crazy."
A classic.

Going out of character but there's a problem: there's no radio established in the room so how would they hear the music? Would make more sense for our avatars to just state the name of the song.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-03 12:44:52

Oh hell no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-03 12:52:03

At 12/3/20 12:44 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 12/3/20 12:14 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:

Oh hell no.

A classic.
Going out of character but there's a problem: there's no radio established in the room so how would they hear the music? Would make more sense for our avatars to just state the name of the song.

If so then

Scrreeeeooonch

Translation:The main theme to the original Gojira from 1954

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-03 13:23:27

Music then begins to play out of my mouth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFZ_hZ8WKIw

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-03 16:53:51

As it's rather obvious that the fighting's gonna start soon, might as well bring this up.

How are we going to go about with the order of the fights? Gonna do it one at a time or all at once? I'm thinking about the latter as the more activity on the thread the better, but I'm worried about that getting too confusing to the viewers. Maybe a recap post every once in a while so folks wouldn't get lost?

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-03 17:07:04

At 12/3/20 04:53 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: As it's rather obvious that the fighting's gonna start soon, might as well bring this up.

How are we going to go about with the order of the fights? Gonna do it one at a time or all at once? I'm thinking about the latter as the more activity on the thread the better, but I'm worried about that getting too confusing to the viewers. Maybe a recap post every once in a while so folks wouldn't get lost?

All at once, for however long they take (dem time zones be bitches). You as the thread curator should keep the overview.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-03 17:36:42

At 12/3/20 05:07 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 12/3/20 04:53 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: As it's rather obvious that the fighting's gonna start soon, might as well bring this up.

All at once, for however long they take (dem time zones be bitches). You as the thread curator should keep the overview.

Alright then, it's settled.

On a different topic, as we're mere moments away from entering the Battle Zone Portal door (alluded to earlier when the host introduced us to the break room) to said Battle Zones I do have a pic of the door, but I made said pic years ago. It wasn't from the original thread, but one of the failed sequels. Here's the pic in question. I plan on updating it for this thread just like I did with the break room, but I don't think I'll have it finished by the time the fighting begins.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-03 19:45:44

At 12/3/20 05:43 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/3/20 05:36 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
On a different topic, as we're mere moments away from entering the Battle Zone Portal door (alluded to earlier when the host introduced us to the break room) to said Battle Zones I do have a pic of the door, but I made said pic years ago. It wasn't from the original thread, but one of the failed sequels. Here's the pic in question. I plan on updating it for this thread just like I did with the break room, but I don't think I'll have it finished by the time the fighting begins.
So @Damnedbyfate Who will move first? Caleb or piconjo? How about you find a coin and you flip it. and i find a coin and do the same. Whoever gets the most heads out of three tosses gets the first move.

About that as this relates to that, when you warp to a Battle Zone there's a chance that one could end up as the first to arrive there due to the fact said portal tech is experimental and has kinks to work out. Also thinking of controlling where you land when you arrive in a Battle Zone, at least for the first few instances, just to properly establish how imperfect said tech is. Course, the latter has no bearing on the fight itself but serves to make things more entertaining (mostly for humor, though one could use this for drama).

So if you're debating who should go first, I can just have one of you be the first to arrive.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-03 19:57:54

At 12/3/20 07:52 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/3/20 07:45 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 12/3/20 05:43 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/3/20 05:36 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
So @Damnedbyfate Who will move first? Caleb or piconjo? How about you find a coin and you flip it. and i find a coin and do the same. Whoever gets the most heads out of three tosses gets the first move.
About that as this relates to that, when you warp to a Battle Zone there's a chance that one could end up as the first to arrive there due to the fact said portal tech is experimental and has kinks to work out. Also thinking of controlling where you land when you arrive in a Battle Zone, at least for the first few instances, just to properly establish how imperfect said tech is. Course, the latter has no bearing on the fight itself but serves to make things more entertaining (mostly for humor, though one could use this for drama).

So if you're debating who should go first, I can just have one of you be the first to arrive.
Could caleb control where he lands with his powers?

Probably not, trying to do so while in the middle of being warped could be disastrous (like ending up in a completely different place entirely than his opponent) and there may not be enough reaction time when he does arrive.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-04 00:21:35 (edited 2020-12-04 00:27:10)

Update on my battle zones for the first round: I've already figured out two of the ones to use. Specifically, the ones for Mega Man vs Freddy and Caleb vs Piconjo. Not going to say much for the latter as I want the battle zones for the first round to be a fun surprise both in-universe and out, but for the former I came up with one that'll make Freddy fight on even ground. Now at least it'll be more of a full fight than a discount one.

Basically, for this first round I'm considering having all the Battle Zones be ones that never been suggested before, or at the very least never been used on the thread. Figured it'll be more fun to have things be more fresh this time.

All I can say for certain is that I'm pretty sure you're going to like my Battle Zone choices so far.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-04 11:58:26

At 12/4/20 12:21 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Update on my battle zones for the first round: I've already figured out two of the ones to use. Specifically, the ones for Mega Man vs Freddy and Caleb vs Piconjo. Not going to say much for the latter as I want the battle zones for the first round to be a fun surprise both in-universe and out, but for the former I came up with one that'll make Freddy fight on even ground. Now at least it'll be more of a full fight than a discount one.

Basically, for this first round I'm considering having all the Battle Zones be ones that never been suggested before, or at the very least never been used on the thread. Figured it'll be more fun to have things be more fresh this time.

All I can say for certain is that I'm pretty sure you're going to like my Battle Zone choices so far.

So what’s the final list of Battle-Zones,Excluding the “Surprise” ones

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-04 12:32:16

At 12/4/20 11:58 AM, J3tjaguar wrote:
At 12/4/20 12:21 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Update on my battle zones for the first round: I've already figured out two of the ones to use. Specifically, the ones for Mega Man vs Freddy and Caleb vs Piconjo. Not going to say much for the latter as I want the battle zones for the first round to be a fun surprise both in-universe and out, but for the former I came up with one that'll make Freddy fight on even ground. Now at least it'll be more of a full fight than a discount one.

So what’s the final list of Battle-Zones,Excluding the “Surprise” ones

The list for the thread or the season? If you mean the thread, no idea as it's very easy to come up with new ideas on the spot. If you mean the season, haven't got that far yet. Seven fights total for this season but I'm not just gonna pick all the battle zones in advance, just to make things more fair for the avatars I'll wait until they win their respective fights before deciding on the zones for the next round. "Fair" being relative as it's more about making it an even fight, not whether said avatars would actually enjoy said place.

As for the surprise ones, I may not have pics ready for all of them for this season at least, but they will at some point in the future. At the very least, I'll describe them in detail if I don't have a pic ready.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-04 14:37:17

And just figured out the other two Battle Zones for the first round. Now all that's left is to get our avatars ready.

Freddy continues watching the TV, and two more episodes happen back to back, namely Mega Man vs Astro Boy and Mega Man Battle Royale. Freddy laughs hard at both Mega Man's origins and the outcomes of the fights.

Freddy: "Dr. Light, what a naive ol' bastard! Actually believing in the good of others, what rot! Making creations to help humanity and save the world I do approve of, as it just gives more people available to kill myself! Heh, I should see if I can go to his world or not, I'll probably have a blast there!"

At that same time the host speaks up.

???: "Okay, I received word that the Battle Zones are all decided now thanks to my associates and computer system. Let me show you them and then we can start the--"

The room turns red as warning sirens flash.

???: "What!? What's going on!?"

A moment later the host swears.

???: "Damnit, my tech people are informing me that the system is being hacked and the Battle Zone coordinates are being changed!"

The screen showing the brackets then changed to show some cryptic messages.

iu_204195_5009006.png

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-04 14:47:13 (edited 2020-12-04 14:47:33)

At 12/4/20 02:37 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: And just figured out the other two Battle Zones for the first round. Now all that's left is to get our avatars ready.

Freddy continues watching the TV, and two more episodes happen back to back, namely Mega Man vs Astro Boy and Mega Man Battle Royale. Freddy laughs hard at both Mega Man's origins and the outcomes of the fights.

Freddy: "Dr. Light, what a naive ol' bastard! Actually believing in the good of others, what rot! Making creations to help humanity and save the world I do approve of, as it just gives more people available to kill myself! Heh, I should see if I can go to his world or not, I'll probably have a blast there!"

At that same time the host speaks up.

???: "Okay, I received word that the Battle Zones are all decided now thanks to my associates and computer system. Let me show you them and then we can start the--"

The room turns red as warning sirens flash.

???: "What!? What's going on!?"

A moment later the host swears.

???: "Damnit, my tech people are informing me that the system is being hacked and the Battle Zone coordinates are being changed!"

The screen showing the brackets then changed to show some cryptic messages.

Scrreeeeoonch

Translation:I don’t think we should’ve trusted that Clown!

Runs to the commodore to grab the slug jar

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-04 17:44:46

???: "Damn, we can't switch the Battle Zones back to the ones we picked! Well, it looks like we have no choice. The show must go on."

The portal door opens, revealing a glowing, ghostly-blue swirling vortex.

???: "Now my chosen fighters, enter the portal. Yes, you can all enter all at once with no problem, your individual dimensional energy signatures have been registered to your respective battle locations, so once you enter you'll be on your way to your respective locations."

Freddy doesn't hesitate and jumps into the portal.

@Kaptindreggbad

@Ryanson

@DamnedByFate

@J3tjaguar

@All-American-Badass

@Urichov

@GotDamnitWegra

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-04 17:47:06

At 12/4/20 05:44 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: ???: "Damn, we can't switch the Battle Zones back to the ones we picked! Well, it looks like we have no choice. The show must go on."

The portal door opens, revealing a glowing, ghostly-blue swirling vortex.

???: "Now my chosen fighters, enter the portal. Yes, you can all enter all at once with no problem, your individual dimensional energy signatures have been registered to your respective battle locations, so once you enter you'll be on your way to your respective locations."

Freddy doesn't hesitate and jumps into the portal.

@Kaptindreggbad
@Ryanson
@DamnedByFate
@J3tjaguar
@All-American-Badass
@Urichov
@GotDamnitWegra

Piconjo enters.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature