00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wulfwynne just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The NG Clash of Avatars

6,265 Views | 267 Replies

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-11-30 19:19:13

Freddy takes the pen and signs the contract as indicated.

Freddy: "Say, I don't see any mention of killing on the contract!"

???: "That's because it's part of the disclaimers for when I advertise the whole thing. the only reason I'm allowing killing is because any evil fighters I pick up may cause trouble for me otherwise, especially as some of my connections are evil themselves. That said, killing isn't a requirement for defeating your opponent here, just merely a way."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Going out of character but the reason why the flowchart's taking so long is that I'm conflicted on the art style (i.e. make it actually look good). So instead I'll use the rough version just to have something functional.

Anyways our avatars don't yet know this, but here's the flowchart. The bottom-right matchup is the only one that wasn't determined by the RNG as I remembered what was said a few pages back.iu_202273_5009006.png

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-11-30 21:13:25

Probably should've notified you all that the RNG decided your matchups in the flowchart above, so...

@Ryanson

@All-American-Badass

@j3tjaguar

@GotDamnitWegra

@Urichov

@Kaptindregbadd

@DamnedByFate

If you're fine with these matchups then we'll use these for this season. Not that we'll get to them right away as our avatars aren't exactly in position yet nor has where they'll be fighting in been revealed yet.

Don't know how Mega Man vs Freddy Krueger would go down tbh. On one hand if it's just a real world fight it'll be a curb-stomp in Mega Man's favor, but if Freddy manages to get the dream world involved it could go either way. Freddy does have an edge in fighting dirty as while Mega Man may have some reservations depending on where they're fighting, Freddy has no such standards as to what he'll do in a fight as he's just that evil. Then again Freddy never went up against a robot opponent in canon, so...

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-11-30 21:50:41

At 11/30/20 09:44 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 11/30/20 09:13 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Probably should've notified you all that the RNG decided your matchups in the flowchart above, so...
@Ryanson
@All-American-Badass
@j3tjaguar
@GotDamnitWegra
@Urichov
@Kaptindregbadd
@DamnedByFate

If you're fine with these matchups then we'll use these for this season. Not that we'll get to them right away as our avatars aren't exactly in position yet nor has where they'll be fighting in been revealed yet.

Don't know how Mega Man vs Freddy Krueger would go down tbh. On one hand if it's just a real world fight it'll be a curb-stomp in Mega Man's favor, but if Freddy manages to get the dream world involved it could go either way. Freddy does have an edge in fighting dirty as while Mega Man may have some reservations depending on where they're fighting, Freddy has no such standards as to what he'll do in a fight as he's just that evil. Then again Freddy never went up against a robot opponent in canon, so...
Do we choose what battlezones we fight in?

Not sure to let you do that or have the RNG pick them. Maybe both. I do have a few ideas for the ones in this first round of ours, though.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-11-30 21:55:35

At 11/30/20 09:52 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 11/30/20 09:50 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 11/30/20 09:13 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Probably should've notified you all that the RNG decided your matchups in the flowchart above, so...
@Ryanson
@All-American-Badass
@j3tjaguar
@GotDamnitWegra
@Urichov
@Kaptindregbadd
@DamnedByFate

Not sure to let you do that or have the RNG pick them. Maybe both. I do have a few ideas for the ones in this first round of ours, though.
Oh, because i had a good idea.

I'm curious, what is it?

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-11-30 22:23:07

At 11/30/20 09:58 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 11/30/20 09:55 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
I'm curious, what is it?
Several stages from blood, e4m8, e1m1, e4m7, and e1m3. Basically, the hall of the epiphany, Morningside mortuary, the interior of a massive human body, and a steam locomotive.

I can arrange that in the future. Whether I do so for this season depends on how far Caleb gets as I'm pretty sure you're the most knowledge person here about Blood.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-01 11:26:43

At 11/30/20 09:52 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 11/30/20 09:50 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
@Ryanson
@All-American-Badass
@j3tjaguar
@GotDamnitWegra
@Urichov
@Kaptindregbadd
@DamnedByFate

Oh, because i had a good idea.
I'm curious, what is it?
Several stages from blood, e4m8, e1m1, e4m7, and e1m3. Basically, the hall of the epiphany, Morningside mortuary, the interior of a massive human body, and a steam locomotive.

I'm inclined to call that giving yourself an unfair advantage.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-01 11:41:22

At 11/30/20 10:23 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
I'm curious, what is it?
I can arrange that in the future. Whether I do so for this season depends on how far Caleb gets as I'm pretty sure you're the most knowledge person here about Blood.

What about a generic city but our characters are the size of kaiju

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-01 11:54:45

At 12/1/20 11:41 AM, J3tjaguar wrote:
I'm curious, what is it?

As this businessman host has access to a lot of technology I'm sure he has something to make the characters big. Though could pose a problem to characters who aren't used to that size due to the square-cube law.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-01 12:02:35

At 12/1/20 11:54 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
I'm curious, what is it?
As this businessman host has access to a lot of technology I'm sure he has something to make the characters big. Though could pose a problem to characters who aren't used to that size due to the square-cube law.

what do you mean?

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-01 12:09:15

At 12/1/20 12:02 PM, J3tjaguar wrote:
I'm curious, what is it?
what do you mean?

With the square-cube law, basically the bigger something is, their mass increases exponentially and thus their movements would be slower due to gravity. With the way kaiju move, I'd have to wonder if their unique biology found a way around that law (to my knowledge, I don't think that's been officially confirmed).

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-01 12:13:42 (edited 2020-12-01 12:15:57)

At 12/1/20 12:09 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
I'm curious, what is it?
what do you mean?
With the square-cube law, basically the bigger something is, their mass increases exponentially and thus their movements would be slower due to gravity. With the way kaiju move, I'd have to wonder if their unique biology found a way around that law (to my knowledge, I don't think that's been officially confirmed).

iu_202706_8092414.gif

I think your right about their biology

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-01 12:17:32

At 12/1/20 12:13 PM, J3tjaguar wrote:
At 12/1/20 12:09 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
I'm curious, what is it?
what do you mean?
I think your right about their biology because if you applied the square-cube law to Godzilla,there’s no way he could do that

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-01 12:52:22

At 12/1/20 12:09 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: With the square-cube law, basically the bigger something is, their mass increases exponentially

No, cubically. Still steeper than linear, but nowhere near exponential.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-01 13:07:44

At 12/1/20 12:52 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 12/1/20 12:09 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: With the square-cube law, basically the bigger something is, their mass increases exponentially

In my defense, it's been years since I last had to use cubes and exponents.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-01 13:51:55

At 12/1/20 01:07 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
In my defense, it's been years since I last had to use cubes and exponents.

i just realized that if I fight in the city zone,then I can’t grow any bigger despite it being power,what ever I’m ok with it

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-01 16:54:52

Freddy: "So, uh, for those of us that signed the contract I don't suppose you can warp us there now?"

???: "As you wish."

Portals suddenly appear in front of those who signed the contract, which of course close the moment they enter. Freddy enters his portal and arrives at a break room that's much nicer than the dusty, moldy warehouse he came from. A different drone floated to him to greet him.

Freddy: "Wow, this is much better than that warehouse!"

???: "Yeah, sorry I still can't be there in person, cleaning up a disaster one of my allies caused. Stupid tropical resorts and mad scientists... anyways, this television here has all sorts of channels throughout the multiverse. If you get hungry or are in need of something, ring the bell for room service. If you feel tired, either right now or after a bout of fighting, the beds are behind the door marked "Bedlams". There are other areas but they're under construction now. Just don't enter the heavy-duty door marked "Battle Zone Portal", that leads to places you'll fight in and I can't guarantee your safety if you do so as I haven't set things up yet."

(If you're wondering, this is actually an updated version of the original break room pic from the original thread. Could've used different main colors, but I decided to use the exact ones from the original for retro's sake. Not that the color can't change in the future though. Removed the food table as I figured it'll be best to have that elsewhere. Not that there isn't a table in the section of the break room shown, was thinking of having one in front of the couch as I only shown the back of the couch so that the TV would be in view. Here's the full picture.)

iu_202829_5009006.png

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-01 17:28:46

At 12/1/20 05:17 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/1/20 04:54 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Freddy: "So, uh, for those of us that signed the contract I don't suppose you can warp us there now?"

???: "As you wish."

Portals suddenly appear in front of those who signed the contract, which of course close the moment they enter. Freddy enters his portal and arrives at a break room that's much nicer than the dusty, moldy warehouse he came from. A different drone floated to him to greet him.

Freddy: "Wow, this is much better than that warehouse!"

???: "Yeah, sorry I still can't be there in person, cleaning up a disaster one of my allies caused. Stupid tropical resorts and mad scientists... anyways, this television here has all sorts of channels throughout the multiverse. If you get hungry or are in need of something, ring the bell for room service. If you feel tired, either right now or after a bout of fighting, the beds are behind the door marked "Bedlams". There are other areas but they're under construction now. Just don't enter the heavy-duty door marked "Battle Zone Portal", that leads to places you'll fight in and I can't guarantee your safety if you do so as I haven't set things up yet."
Caleb grabs the tv remote and begins flipping through the channels until he is suprised to find a news report from a parallel world where a ultron cosplayer crashes las vegas comicon.
(Reference to raid on the ng vault)

Freddy laughs at that, then takes the remote and flips through the channels until he finds a show where characters from various franchises fight to the death. An episode of Godzilla vs Gamera just started.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-01 17:29:50

This entire time, the so-called Discord Slug has been moving away from the group it entered with. It is now on a ceiling somewhere, perhaps nearby, perhaps quite far away indeed. Such things are trivial from the slug's perspective. It does not know why it was brought here and it does not care, as the slug has learned not to be bothered by such questions. It is currently searching for food, of the kind that won't resist. If no such thing can be found it will be forced to find food that will resist, always a pain but generally not the end of the world.

From the perspective of the other participants, though perhaps "participants" is a suggestive word given the circumstances, all that remains of the slug is a trail of slime. By slug standards it appears to have moven out of sight rather alarmingly fast, at a rate like those annoying NPCs you have to follow in a videogame that walk faster than you walk but slower than you run, causing a constant and upsetting stop-and-start on your end that really grinds on the nerves.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-01 23:17:58

At 12/1/20 05:29 PM, Urichov wrote: This entire time, the so-called Discord Slug has been moving away from the group it entered with. It is now on a ceiling somewhere, perhaps nearby, perhaps quite far away indeed. Such things are trivial from the slug's perspective. It does not know why it was brought here and it does not care, as the slug has learned not to be bothered by such questions. It is currently searching for food, of the kind that won't resist. If no such thing can be found it will be forced to find food that will resist, always a pain but generally not the end of the world.

From the perspective of the other participants, though perhaps "participants" is a suggestive word given the circumstances, all that remains of the slug is a trail of slime. By slug standards it appears to have moven out of sight rather alarmingly fast, at a rate like those annoying NPCs you have to follow in a videogame that walk faster than you walk but slower than you run, causing a constant and upsetting stop-and-start on your end that really grinds on the nerves.

Freddy slips on the slug's slime and nearly crashes into the TV. He scowls as he gets up.

Freddy: "Someone find that bitchin' slug, that thing's a hazard!"

At 12/1/20 10:33 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/1/20 05:28 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Freddy laughs at that, then takes the remote and flips through the channels until he finds a show where characters from various franchises fight to the death. An episode of Godzilla vs Gamera just started.
"So when does this fight start"

Might as well fill up on something.

*Rings bell for room service*

A humanoid robotic maid walks out of an employee door. She greets Caleb.

Maid: "How may I be of service?"

Meanwhile the host answers Caleb's question via the drone.

???: "The battling shall begin soon enough. Before I show who you'll be pitted against, I'd like to hear from you your backstories. Figured knowing each other would give you an extra incentive in a fight, more oomph for some of your blow depending on the opponent. I am after all in the entertainment business, it's my job to make things a spectacle for the audience!"

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 00:31:29 (edited 2020-12-02 00:32:44)

At 12/1/20 11:43 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
to the maid: Hey can i get a drink? Im not feeling like liquor right now, But do you have any root beer?

The maid nods yes and leaves.

Freddy: "Well for starters, I'm dead. These burn scars aren't just for show! As for how I got this way, let me start from the beginning. I'm known as the bastard son of a hundred maniacs. Mum was a nun and the mental patients she was with had their way with her, do the math!"

"I had a bit of a cruddy life growing up, from a adoptive so-called father who beat me so I beat him back permanently, having to deal with bullies at school, and going from one dead-end job to another."

"Later on I became the Springwood Slasher for my own enjoyment, killing kids as I please. Then I eventually met my demise when the parents of those brats engulfed me in fire! As I lay burning near-death, some Dream Demons came an offered a deal with me, which I gladly took! Now a true nightmare to be feared, I wield the power of the dream world itself! Such powers aren't very useful in the real world, but should I take someone to the dream world they'll find that I'm God there!"

"Eventually I got my revenge on the parents that killed me by killing their remaining children with my newfound powers. Afterwards I just resumed killing kids as usual, not that adults are off the table as anyone who tries to stop me is fair game. The kicker is that the Dream Demons promised me I'll never truly die, so even if my form is destroyed all I have to do is wait until I'm able to be resurrected again!"

(Worth mentioning that Wes Craven wanted to outright make Freddy a pedo, but didn't due to the recent news about them at the time. Very much not a stretch to say that he is one though given how he acts in the films.)

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 01:31:53

At 12/2/20 12:44 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
Welcome to the dead boy's club man.

Freddy: "Thanks. Don't mind if I lose this season, with my resurrection ability I can just try again for a future season! Plus I could just use it to mess around with you guys if I do lose! I might even try to haunt the dreams of the one that beat me!"

Meanwhile the TV enters a new episode of Death Battle, this time showing Dragonzord vs Mechagodzilla.

(for this thread I'm assuming that the fights in Death Battle are actual fights somewhere in the multiverse given the premise of this thread)

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 01:46:58

At 12/2/20 01:40 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/2/20 01:31 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Freddy: "Thanks. Don't mind if I lose this season, with my resurrection ability I can just try again for a future season! Plus I could just use it to mess around with you guys if I do lose! I might even try to haunt the dreams of the one that beat me!"

Meanwhile the TV enters a new episode of Death Battle, this time showing Dragonzord vs Mechagodzilla.

(for this thread I'm assuming that the fights in Death Battle are actual fights somewhere in the multiverse given the premise of this thread)
Well coming back from the dead seems to be my whole deal as well, Maybe ill come back for a few more as well. *Reaches out for a handshake with Freddy*

Freddy shakes his hand. It's at that moment the maid comes back with a cold six-pack of bottled root beer.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 02:04:42

At 12/2/20 01:59 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/2/20 01:46 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 12/2/20 01:40 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/2/20 01:31 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:

Well coming back from the dead seems to be my whole deal as well, Maybe ill come back for a few more as well. *Reaches out for a handshake with Freddy*
Freddy shakes his hand. It's at that moment the maid comes back with a cold six-pack of bottled root beer.
Caleb cracks open the bottle of root beer and takes a sip. Then he politely offers one of the bottles to freddy.

Freddy kindly takes the bottle and drinks it. He sits down on the couch as the TV shows another episode of Death Battle, this one being Eggman vs Dr. Wily.

(I'm purposely using Death Battles that relate to the avatars in case any of them want to react to them)

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 02:21:13

At 12/2/20 02:10 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/2/20 02:04 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Freddy kindly takes the bottle and drinks it. He sits down on the couch as the TV shows another episode of Death Battle, this one being Eggman vs Dr. Wily.

(I'm purposely using Death Battles that relate to the avatars in case any of them want to react to them)
Gideon vs marneus calgar, Make it happen.

Another episode begins, which is Metal Sonic vs Zero.

(Mega Man himself is in two Death Battle episodes, but I'm saving that for last as I don't think he'll take it well for various reasons)

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 14:27:54

At 12/2/20 02:43 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
Hey, Kid! (Piconjo) Yeah you! What's your story?

One day, the glorious land of Newgrounds was conquered by Wadolf, Wade Fulp's dark alter ego, who ruled it like a tyrant. So Newgrounds's mascot Pico created his own dark alter ego to defeat him.

That was me, and I prevailed.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 14:31:32

*rings room service bell*

scccccchhh

translation:Yeah,can I get some lubricating oil,my joints are felling stiff

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 14:54:05

to The drone

sccreeeooonch

Translation:I am Jet Jaguar, and I was built by Dr. Goro Ibuki,who I still don’t know why he did

construct me in the first place,but there was the underwater civilization known as the Seatopians.Their city had experienced a massive earthquake that did a lot of damage due to hydrogen bomb testing in the area,so they sent there monster God megaton to the surface as well as 2 agents to find a way to guide him.They then find Goro’s home and attempted to steal me but were unsuccessful,later I was finished and given my name.

but then the agents came back,this time seizing control over me and sent me away to guid Megalon,while one agent was reporting back to the Seatopians,another explained the plan To Goro,who then escaped and remembered he had a little controller that could override my control but the range was too limited.so he told the Japanese defense force the situation,so they got in a helicopter and just when we were about to crash into each other,Goro finally gained control and told me to fly over to Monster island and call Godzilla for Help.after that I flew back to fight Megalon,and it seems like I was gonna win until the Seatopians asked their alien friends to send Help in the form of Gigan.Then I got beat pretty bad until Godzilla finally arrived and gave me time to recover,Then we kicked both their Asses,then Godzilla waved goodbye and I returned to my human family which I now realized I forgot to mention them at all.

(Out of character for a bit,I hope this isn’t too horrible to read).

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 15:02:22

At 12/2/20 02:31 PM, J3tjaguar wrote: *rings room service bell*
scccccchhh

The robot maid takes a bottle out from her dress and gives it to him.

Maid: "I always keep a few spares on me for my own joints."

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 15:04:20

At 12/2/20 02:56 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/2/20 02:27 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 12/2/20 02:43 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
Hey, Kid! (Piconjo) Yeah you! What's your story?
One day, the glorious land of Newgrounds was conquered by Wadolf, Wade Fulp's dark alter ego, who ruled it like a tyrant. So Newgrounds's mascot Pico created his own dark alter ego to defeat him.

That was me, and I prevailed.
Cool story bro.

I'd ask about yours, but I can't seem to care.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-02 15:04:49

At 12/2/20 03:02 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 12/2/20 02:31 PM, J3tjaguar wrote: *rings room service bell*
scccccchhh
The robot maid takes a bottle out from her dress and gives it to him.

Maid: "I always keep a few spares on me for my own joints."

Scrrrrrrrccccchhhh

Translation:Why thank you.