00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CalcetinWasho just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The NG Clash of Avatars

6,269 Views | 267 Replies

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-08 09:37:09 (edited 2020-10-08 09:39:38)

Again we still need 8 people. Technically we can begin a game with that as it's the right multiple for a bracket, but it'll feel a bit too disappointingly short as I'm pretty sure the average bracket in tournaments and the like has more than that. Not exactly a full set of rounds.

Anyways I have a new idea for a battle zone, which I'll give a hint with the below theme. And no, it's not a Bug Fables stage.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-08 10:09:20 (edited 2020-10-08 10:09:43)

At 10/8/20 09:37 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Again we still need 8 people. Technically we can begin a game with that as it's the right multiple for a bracket, but it'll feel a bit too disappointingly short as I'm pretty sure the average bracket in tournaments and the like has more than that. Not exactly a full set of rounds.

So then should we spread the word about this,and if so,how?

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-08 10:15:27

At 10/8/20 10:09 AM, J3tjaguar wrote:
At 10/8/20 09:37 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Again we still need 8 people. Technically we can begin a game with that as it's the right multiple for a bracket, but it'll feel a bit too disappointingly short as I'm pretty sure the average bracket in tournaments and the like has more than that. Not exactly a full set of rounds.
So then should we spread the word about this,and if so,how?

Maybe request to have the thread pinned so it'll have more exposure, though I doubt that'll happen as no forum game on here has ever been pinned before. Another method is to PM users we know enough to know that they'd be interested in something like this.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-08 10:44:17

Maybe request to have the thread pinned so it'll have more exposure, though I doubt that'll happen as no forum game on here has ever been pinned before. Another method is to PM users we know enough to know that they'd be interested in something like this.

What about the leave a message feature?

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-08 10:51:33

At 10/8/20 10:44 AM, J3tjaguar wrote:
What about the leave a message feature?

Maybe. Just don't know the best way to give more attention to a thread as there doesn't seem to be a lot of ways to advertise it in comparison to a website. The only advertisement we can do is forum sigs and that's it. We could try telling as many people as possible, though I don't really want to do that as that'll come across as annoying.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-08 15:12:27

For the curious, 8 people means 2 rounds before the final battle. Normally for brackets I think it's 3 or 4 rounds.

And now I have an idea for a Clock-themed stage. Jeez, with all these battle zones ideas I should get together with some people and make a Newgrounds-themed fighting game one day. Yeah I know there's NG Rumble, though having a fresh take on things (such as a brand-new story) would be nice.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-09 00:33:02

Eh, I guess I can start the second phase of this and worry about attracting new players later. Maybe by showing off the matches we'll do just that.

Here's a rough draft of the flowchart, which is definitely not what the real one is gonna look like. Just wanted to show you how you'll be paired up for future matches. The line extending up in the middle simply indicates the winner, nothing more... for this game at least, as the next game would then have that be a showdown between the champions of both games (unless of course the same person won).

iu_178136_5009006.png

Now for the second phase, you get to pick who'll be your opponent for the first round. Course if you don't have a preference you can just let the RNG pick for you.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-11 10:18:02

Wow, didn't expect the thread to be featured in the Tank Tribune, completely forgot about that web mag (technically news post, but still). In hindsight, wish I suggested that myself.

Despite my above post, still not too late for more players as we haven't begun the first game yet. As the next size up is 16, you can figure out what the above flowchart would look like with that: just have each of eight paths branch out in two again.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-11 13:08:12

At 10/11/20 10:18 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Wow, didn't expect the thread to be featured in the Tank Tribune, completely forgot about that web mag (technically news post, but still). In hindsight, wish I suggested that myself.

You should ask @thetanktribune to promote it some more.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-17 05:17:48

The current state of this thread

iu_181829_8092414.jpg

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-17 05:53:46

Do defualt new user i ona count?

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-17 05:54:00

At 10/17/20 05:53 AM, smokingwed wrote: Do defualt new user i ona count?

*icon

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-17 05:55:40

At 10/17/20 05:54 AM, smokingwed wrote:
*icon

If you wanna get slaughtered.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-17 05:57:25

At 10/17/20 05:55 AM, J3tjaguar wrote:
*icon

?

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-17 10:56:02

At 10/17/20 05:57 AM, smokingwed wrote:
*icon
?

I'm ok with using the default NG icon, I'm pretty sure a Tankman would be competent enough for this considering that they're soldiers and thus must have some good training. That said, wonder if I should limit the amount of times the default NG icon can be used for a game as then there may be too many mirror matches.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-18 02:52:18

At 10/17/20 10:56 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 10/17/20 05:57 AM, smokingwed wrote:
*icon
?
I'm ok with using the default NG icon, I'm pretty sure a Tankman would be competent enough for this considering that they're soldiers and thus must have some good training. That said, wonder if I should limit the amount of times the default NG icon can be used for a game as then there may be too many mirror matches.

Yeah as long as 1 is entered its fine

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-18 10:06:25

And it's been a week since the thread was featured in the Tank Tribune and not much has changed besides just one new member. I think it's time to close sign-ups. I'll do a roll call to see which of us is still active. This shall be a first come, first serve roll call as we now have more than eight people on the thread. If you don't make the cut, well you can just watch the thread from the sidelines and maybe do something that'll make fights more interesting, I dunno.

@SirKaotik

@Kaptindregbadd

@All-American-Badass

@DamnedByFate

@Ryanson

@Urichov

@J3tjaguar

@smokingwed

Reminder that you're now supposed to pick your opponents for the first round, otherwise if you don't wish to do that I'll have the RNG pick for you.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-18 10:24:17

At 10/18/20 10:06 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: And it's been a week since the thread was featured in the Tank Tribune and not much has changed besides just one new member. I think it's time to close sign-ups. I'll do a roll call to see which of us is still active. This shall be a first come, first serve roll call as we now have more than eight people on the thread. If you don't make the cut, well you can just watch the thread from the sidelines and maybe do something that'll make fights more interesting, I dunno.

@SirKaotik
@Kaptindregbadd
@All-American-Badass
@DamnedByFate
@Ryanson
@Urichov
@J3tjaguar
@smokingwed

Reminder that you're now supposed to pick your opponents for the first round, otherwise if you don't wish to do that I'll have the RNG pick for you.

thanks for mentioning me

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-18 10:54:01

Let's fucking gooooo.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-18 10:58:36

Mine's sort of a joke entry so personally I'm fine with whatever match-up

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-18 12:53:44

At 10/18/20 11:58 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 10/18/20 10:06 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: And it's been a week since the thread was featured in the Tank Tribune and not much has changed besides just one new member. I think it's time to close sign-ups. I'll do a roll call to see which of us is still active. This shall be a first come, first serve roll call as we now have more than eight people on the thread. If you don't make the cut, well you can just watch the thread from the sidelines and maybe do something that'll make fights more interesting, I dunno.

@SirKaotik
@Kaptindregbadd
@All-American-Badass
@DamnedByFate
@Ryanson
@Urichov
@J3tjaguar
@smokingwed

I am going to fight damnedbyfate.

Righty-ho.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-18 15:55:28

@SirKaotik
@Kaptindregbadd
@All-American-Badass
@DamnedByFate
@Ryanson
@Urichov
@J3tjaguar
@smokingwed

This is gonna be a Massacre!

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-19 02:01:06

Quick question, will the break room from the first

Thread make a comeback here too?

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-19 02:17:10

At 10/19/20 02:01 AM, J3tjaguar wrote: Quick question, will the break room from the first

Yes, maybe not immediately as I'm still trying to figure out how to fully re-work it. Story-wise, not sure whether to have the characters be at the building that'll warp them to their destinations (meaning they signed up for this) or to have them be unwillingly warped into the battle zones and watch their confused reactions for our own amusement.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-19 02:48:38

At 10/19/20 02:25 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 10/19/20 02:17 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 10/19/20 02:01 AM, J3tjaguar wrote: Quick question, will the break room from the first
Yes, maybe not immediately as I'm still trying to figure out how to fully re-work it. Story-wise, not sure whether to have the characters be at the building that'll warp them to their destinations (meaning they signed up for this) or to have them be unwillingly warped into the battle zones and watch their confused reactions for our own amusement.
Caleb got bored being the current incarnation of the one that binds, so he joined this competition for a challenge.

So pretty much this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4CV5UgInnzQ

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-19 03:16:27

At 10/19/20 02:48 AM, J3tjaguar wrote:
At 10/19/20 02:25 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 10/19/20 02:17 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Caleb got bored being the current incarnation of the one that binds, so he joined this competition for a challenge.
So pretty much this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4CV5UgInnzQ

This just occurred to me and I never did this in the original thread, but I wonder if I should introduce an in-universe host. This way it'll explain why the characters are here in the first place. As for what said host would be like, well probably not like the reality TV game show hosts you see in real life as that's a tad bland for a forum thread, given that threads aren't known for visuals. So instead I'll just have things be more interesting to read by having the host be a bit of a dick. Think Chris from Total Drama, but with a bit more style and could put up a fight if confronted.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-20 00:40:35

Ok, not quite ready to start the fights myself yet. In addition to setting up the flowchart I still have to use the RNG to determine the right of the flowchart. Also, @SirKaotik what avatar are you going as? Need to know that if I'm going to complete the flowchart.

Also, have an idea for a new kind of battle zone. As for what that is, I'll let this theme from Mega Man Zero 4 do the talking. Though there's no time limit for said battle zone thread-wise, just for the characters doing the fighting.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-20 16:28:33

At 10/20/20 12:40 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Ok, not quite ready to start the fights myself yet. In addition to setting up the flowchart I still have to use the RNG to determine the right of the flowchart. Also, @SirKaotik what avatar are you going as? Need to know that if I'm going to complete the flowchart.

Notifying you again @SirKaotik as I really need an answer to this. I may be a patient user but I don't want to keep everyone waiting on just one user, so if I don't get a response or a straight answer soon I may have no choice but to give your spot to someone else.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-21 00:21:20

At 10/20/20 04:28 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 10/20/20 12:40 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Ok, not quite ready to start the fights myself yet. In addition to setting up the flowchart I still have to use the RNG to determine the right of the flowchart. Also, @SirKaotik what avatar are you going as? Need to know that if I'm going to complete the flowchart.
Notifying you again @SirKaotik as I really need an answer to this. I may be a patient user but I don't want to keep everyone waiting on just one user, so if I don't get a response or a straight answer soon I may have no choice but to give your spot to someone else.

Update: Just learned from him that he's under a ban for a few days. I can just save him for last on the flowchart as it may take a few days to complete the flowchart anyways.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-10-22 14:09:20

At 10/21/20 12:21 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 10/20/20 04:28 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Update: Just learned from him that he's under a ban for a few days. I can just save him for last on the flowchart as it may take a few days to complete the flowchart anyways.

My ban is lifted

signature by jackho

BBS Signature