00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kcgreenn just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The NG Clash of Avatars

6,263 Views | 267 Replies

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-17 22:19:47

At 12/17/20 07:13 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: So, how are y'all holding up? Just checking in to see how you're doing as last time I checked some of ya were either busy or stumped.

For my end at least I'm doing good. Just got a new sig. I actually had a sig for this thread's predecessor, and while I would go ask for one for this thread I won't right now as the first season isn't complete yet and there's no telling how successful this thread will be after that. One thing I must admit is that this thread is doing better than the 2nd and 3rd user icon battle threads, which I'm proud of.

iu_210205_8092414.jpg

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-18 13:22:54

If you don’t get the message I’m trying to convey,I’m doing fine

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-18 13:35:27

At 12/18/20 01:22 PM, J3tjaguar wrote: If you don’t get the message I’m trying to convey,I’m doing fine

Yeah, I figured as much from the thumbs up image. In the meantime in addition to indulging in my hobbies (what self-respecting person wouldn't?), I'm also always on the hunt for new music to listen to, with what type of course depending on what I'm in the mood for. Of course, new battle themes for this thread is one of those things, though simply listening to my favorite tunes is another.

As for what hobbies, I love to read and do have a backlog of unread books currently, plus I like videos/shows/movies with plenty of action, and I love the strange and unusual and the unknown in general (like aliens, paranormal, and cryptids for example). And of course I'm a big fan of point and click games (including room escape) and turn-based RPGs. So who knows, all of that could influence the creation of future battle zones.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-18 13:53:22

At 12/18/20 01:35 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 12/18/20 01:22 PM, J3tjaguar wrote: If you don’t get the message I’m trying to convey,I’m doing fine
Yeah, I figured as much from the thumbs up image. In the meantime in addition to indulging in my hobbies (what self-respecting person wouldn't?), I'm also always on the hunt for new music to listen to, with what type of course depending on what I'm in the mood for. Of course, new battle themes for this thread is one of those things, though simply listening to my favorite tunes is another.

As for what hobbies, I love to read and do have a backlog of unread books currently, plus I like videos/shows/movies with plenty of action, and I love the strange and unusual and the unknown in general (like aliens, paranormal, and cryptids for example). And of course I'm a big fan of point and click games (including room escape) and turn-based RPGs. So who knows, all of that could influence the creation of future battle zones.

New music you say?

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-18 21:19:32

At 12/18/20 09:08 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
Caleb checks his watch impatiently, as soon as he downs the last bottle of generic root beer he reaches his hand into a dimension that resembles a infinite fridge. Out he pulls a bottle labeled "kaptindregbadd's private reserve root beer"
He reclines on the sofa and drinks his root beer while flipping through the tv channels.

A sudden load animalistic roar shakes the room and the sounds of a rampage can be heard somewhere not too far away in the complex. After a brief moment, the host drone speaks.

???: "Sorry about that, I've just been informed that there's some technical difficulties with the construction of the training area. If you're wondering, it's a place for fighters like you to train yourself in-between fights. Not just against monsters, but other hazards too. Note to self: research the monsters before you import them to your base."

Meanwhile the screen showing the rankings has updated to show all four battle zones of the first round. (full pic)iu_210700_5009006.png

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-19 00:53:21 (edited 2020-12-19 00:55:39)

At 12/18/20 09:21 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/18/20 09:19 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 12/18/20 09:08 PM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
Caleb checks his watch impatiently, as soon as he downs the last bottle of generic root beer he reaches his hand into a dimension that resembles a infinite fridge. Out he pulls a bottle labeled "kaptindregbadd's private reserve root beer"
He reclines on the sofa and drinks his root beer while flipping through the tv channels.
A sudden load animalistic roar shakes the room and the sounds of a rampage can be heard somewhere not too far away in the complex. After a brief moment, the host drone speaks.

???: "Sorry about that, I've just been informed that there's some technical difficulties with the construction of the training area. If you're wondering, it's a place for fighters like you to train yourself in-between fights. Not just against monsters, but other hazards too. Note to self: research the monsters before you import them to your base."

Meanwhile the screen showing the rankings has updated to show all four battle zones of the first round. (full pic)
When is the training area finished?

???: "No idea, not expecting it to be complete anytime soon as it's gonna be rather expensive just to secure the place. Don't want any hazardous material or monsters escaping from the place after all."

The drone gestures to another side of the break room.

???: "Just finished setting up these facilities, which are certainly useful for future battles. The medical bay can heal you up from whatever afflicts you as long as it's not magic, curses, or incurable diseases. While our staff there is on the attractive side, any slimeball who tries to make a move shall learn the hard way that said staff are trained to kick the ass of troublemakers. The cellblocks are for any fighters that go too far or riffraff that decides to hitch a ride from their home battle zone. The cellblocks can only hold those without powers as we hardly have the budget to superpower-proof it, given how many powers are out there. I'd rather spend my money on things that are profitable, not money sinks! And lastly is the armory, which is not only for whatever weapons and gear you've brought with you to begin with but also for any weapons and gear you find in the battle zones." (full pic)

iu_210764_5009006.png

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-22 10:24:52

Just got confirmation that sirkaotic is still busy. I'm guessing the others are busy too. Guess that's to be expected when it's the holiday season...

Anyways I just got the idea for a new battle zone: Memeland, a world full of literal versions of memes to deal with. Yeah, I can expect some hilarity to ensue there, would be like watching a Saturday morning cartoon!

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-22 13:22:06

At 12/22/20 10:24 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Just got confirmation that sirkaotic is still busy. I'm guessing the others are busy too. Guess that's to be expected when it's the holiday season...

Anyways I just got the idea for a new battle zone: Memeland, a world full of literal versions of memes to deal with. Yeah, I can expect some hilarity to ensue there, would be like watching a Saturday morning cartoon!

Then why not have the entire internet as a BattleZone,where the websites change at random from something like Instagram or twitter,to LiveLeak

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-22 18:05:27

At 12/22/20 01:22 PM, J3tjaguar wrote:
At 12/22/20 10:24 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Just got confirmation that sirkaotic is still busy. I'm guessing the others are busy too. Guess that's to be expected when it's the holiday season...

Then why not have the entire internet as a BattleZone,where the websites change at random from something like Instagram or twitter,to LiveLeak

Tbh I don't think concept would work well as a Battle Zone. Sure there are battle zones with ever-changing environments but to try that with that concept it doesn't look like it can be done in a way that looks fluid. May be better just to have individual websites be battle zones, like 4chan for example.

Speaking of battle zones, of the three remaining ones for this season, I actually don't know what I'm going to use for the next round as it really depends on who wins their respective fights. As for the final battle zone, I know for sure what I'm going to use. All I can say about that one is that it's something very fitting.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-26 00:59:02 (edited 2020-12-26 01:01:10)

you know what day it is,so fuck all of you and merry Christmas!

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-26 01:37:04

At 12/26/20 12:59 AM, J3tjaguar wrote: you know what day it is,so fuck all of you and merry Christmas!

Yeah, I was admittedly considering having Santa's Workshop be one of the battle zones this season, but that was before the thread reached a stalemate of busy/preoccupied players. As it's already the holidays, scrapping that plan for next time.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-26 01:53:40

At 12/11/20 01:49 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Freddy is seemingly gone from the blast. Then it starts to rain blood as multiple arms of Freddy's emerge from the ground all over the place. As Tricky leaps off the Wily capsule and begins attacking Mega Man with his stop sign (with Freddy's arms joining in on the fight), Freddy's disembodied voice can be heard.

"You're no Mega Man to me, but just a Mega Boy! I doubt you even know how society works, let alone understand it! Blind to the various flavors of morality! As such you'd never be considered human by them, just a mindless, soulless machine! An outcast! Aren't robots like you supposed to comply with the 3 laws of robotics? Do you have the guts to take a human's life? After all, I used to be human myself!"

I feel myself curl up as though to hide. His words hurt, almost as much as the beating. There is truth in there, small though it may be, and that kernel is all fear needs to take root. It spreads, it infects, it eats away at you little by little until you become engulfed in it. It swallows you whole.

I am just a robot. I do have to follow rules - otherwise, Dr. Wily would have faced justice eons ago. Am I really that useless? Am I nothing more than a collection of gears and wires, programmed to do my job until one day I rust and crumple and shatter into nothing?

Freddy's words surround me, mocking me as the ground itself seems to want to break me. But through this darkness, a light: something among the words grabs the attention.

"Used to be?"

I peak through. I feel the blood rain against my arms, splashing my face with red. Despite this, everything suddenly becomes so clear.

"Used to be human. That means you're fair game now, you double-play pepperoni-ass bitch."

I reach for a button on my arm, my ace-in-the-hole. The ground's arms (or roots? I can't tell through the red) struggle to stop me, but they seem to rip from the ground as I pull against them. And then...

Double Gear System: activated.

Time slows down. The raining blood becomes a soft drizzle, like a small sprinkler system. The stop signs, the arms, all of my surroundings, practically freeze. I breathe out in relief - I didn't waste too much energy earlier, thank God. With a fist engulfed in energy, I uppercut my way through the mess, tearing my way free.

"Here's what you need to learn!" I shout to the void as time returns to normal. "Someone doesn't need to be human to do what's right." I pull a finger off of me, then an arm - all tried to grab me, and all failed. "It's not about the thanks! It's not even about what people deserve! It's about what you believe. And I," I cock my arm cannon, "believe that for the good of the world, I can't let you go any further. I won't stop fighting! Now, are you going to fight me man-to-man or are you going to continue hiding like a goddamned coward?"

Sorry for the delay; hopefully this is adequate.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2020-12-26 15:29:55

At 12/26/20 01:53 AM, Ryanson wrote:
At 12/11/20 01:49 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Freddy is seemingly gone from the blast. Then it starts to rain blood as multiple arms of Freddy's emerge from the ground all over the place. As Tricky leaps off the Wily capsule and begins attacking Mega Man with his stop sign (with Freddy's arms joining in on the fight), Freddy's disembodied voice can be heard.

"You're no Mega Man to me, but just a Mega Boy! I doubt you even know how society works, let alone understand it! Blind to the various flavors of morality! As such you'd never be considered human by them, just a mindless, soulless machine! An outcast! Aren't robots like you supposed to comply with the 3 laws of robotics? Do you have the guts to take a human's life? After all, I used to be human myself!"
I feel myself curl up as though to hide. His words hurt, almost as much as the beating. There is truth in there, small though it may be, and that kernel is all fear needs to take root. It spreads, it infects, it eats away at you little by little until you become engulfed in it. It swallows you whole.

I am just a robot. I do have to follow rules - otherwise, Dr. Wily would have faced justice eons ago. Am I really that useless? Am I nothing more than a collection of gears and wires, programmed to do my job until one day I rust and crumple and shatter into nothing?

Freddy's words surround me, mocking me as the ground itself seems to want to break me. But through this darkness, a light: something among the words grabs the attention.

"Used to be?"

I peak through. I feel the blood rain against my arms, splashing my face with red. Despite this, everything suddenly becomes so clear.

"Used to be human. That means you're fair game now, you double-play pepperoni-ass bitch."

I reach for a button on my arm, my ace-in-the-hole. The ground's arms (or roots? I can't tell through the red) struggle to stop me, but they seem to rip from the ground as I pull against them. And then...

Time slows down. The raining blood becomes a soft drizzle, like a small sprinkler system. The stop signs, the arms, all of my surroundings, practically freeze. I breathe out in relief - I didn't waste too much energy earlier, thank God. With a fist engulfed in energy, I uppercut my way through the mess, tearing my way free.

"Here's what you need to learn!" I shout to the void as time returns to normal. "Someone doesn't need to be human to do what's right." I pull a finger off of me, then an arm - all tried to grab me, and all failed. "It's not about the thanks! It's not even about what people deserve! It's about what you believe. And I," I cock my arm cannon, "believe that for the good of the world, I can't let you go any further. I won't stop fighting! Now, are you going to fight me man-to-man or are you going to continue hiding like a goddamned coward?"

Sorry for the delay; hopefully this is adequate.

Yeah, it's good. A rather insightful read.

Scene Music

Freddy laughs mockingly.

"Hiding? Oh you poor fool, I'm merely toying with my food. Would ruin the fun for me if I were to got all out right away!"

Suddenly the ground begins to shake, and several of the remaining minions now have expressions of either nervousness or fear.

"And likewise someone doesn't need to be human in order to be evil. You've probably faced off against or heard of your share of evil robots. Just how much different are robots compared to humans when it comes to their flaws? Does it even matter with that in mind whether or not you kill them?"

The ground splits, sending a labyrinth of floating platforms and chains high in the sky with both Mega Man and the minions on them. Naturally, some of the minions start heading towards Mega Man once they overcome their fear.

"And you think that just because I'm no longer human that I'm worth killing? That's either species-ist or racist, not that it really matters. Bitch please, I'm already dead! I was just as much of a monster when I was alive as I am now! Well, that's how humanity saw me, the parents of the innocent children I kept killing burned me alive! It was then in my dying moments some dream demons came and offered me a deal, which I accepted! It was at that point that I was no longer human. No, I see myself as an evolution, a god of nightmares! Too bad my still-living human daughter didn't see it that way when I tried to have her follow in my footsteps, bitch got lucky she survived when she refused, goody-two-shoes brat!"

Some of the platforms and chains are randomly glitching in and out of reality, sending sparks of electricity to shoot out. Meanwhile, Tricky is nowhere to be found...

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2021-01-13 19:44:13

Is it safe to say that this thread is a year old now?

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2021-01-13 20:03:01

At 1/13/21 07:44 PM, J3tjaguar wrote: Is it safe to say that this thread is a year old now?

No, we're quite a few months off from that milestone.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2021-01-14 00:27:03

At 1/13/21 08:03 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 1/13/21 07:44 PM, J3tjaguar wrote: Is it safe to say that this thread is a year old now?

In internet time, we're closer to maybe a decade old.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2021-01-14 00:37:10

At 1/14/21 12:27 AM, Ryanson wrote:

So the internet goes by dog years?

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2021-01-14 01:02:11

At 1/14/21 12:37 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:

It goes by what we assume dog years are, sure.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2021-01-18 13:03:39

At 1/18/21 02:44 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 1/14/21 01:02 AM, Ryanson wrote:
THIS SILENCE IS UNNACCEPTABLE!

LET THE BLOODBATH BEGIN!

AGREED!!!

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2021-01-19 00:17:45

At 1/18/21 02:44 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 1/14/21 01:02 AM, Ryanson wrote:
THIS SILENCE IS UNNACCEPTABLE!

LET THE BLOODBATH BEGIN!

Bloodbathe deez nuts.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2021-02-08 01:26:10

The state of this thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

iu_238096_8092414.jpg

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2021-02-08 01:27:15

At 2/8/21 12:46 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 12/17/20 07:13 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: So, how are y'all holding up? Just checking in to see how you're doing as last time I checked some of ya were either busy or stumped.

For my end at least I'm doing good. Just got a new sig. I actually had a sig for this thread's predecessor, and while I would go ask for one for this thread I won't right now as the first season isn't complete yet and there's no telling how successful this thread will be after that. One thing I must admit is that this thread is doing better than the 2nd and 3rd user icon battle threads, which I'm proud of.
Hey can we start this again? Caleb has almost filled up the garbage cans with all of the drinks he's finished by now.

That depends on how the other players are doing. Don't know how they're doing myself but I'm good on my end, have plenty of free time nowadays. Well until I get a job that is but since I'm not exactly willing to get one until after the pandemic safe to say I'm going to have free time for a long while.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2021-02-14 00:29:09

Don't mind me, im ust showing the coolest thing ever that i want to own one day

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2021-03-20 18:19:33

how many "State of this Thread" posts will i need to Make until this comes back alive?

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2021-03-20 21:16:34

At 3/20/21 06:19 PM, J3tjaguar wrote: how many "State of this Thread" posts will i need to Make until this comes back alive?

Doing that won't be as effective as actually sending a private message to the players to see if they're still interested and not busy. If both of those things check out then the battles would resume soon.

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2022-01-11 00:03:47

At 11/30/20 11:57 AM, J3tjaguar wrote:
At 11/30/20 11:15 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 11/30/20 10:48 AM, J3tjaguar wrote:
At 11/30/20 01:39 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Y'know what, just to get things rolling I might as well begin to introduce the one pulling the strings. Haven't come up with a good name for him yet but I'm sure I'll figure something out soon enough.

A small white robotic drone appears out of a small portal, which closes behind it. A voice that's clearly not robotic speaks out of it.

???: "Ah, there you are. Had to search all over my facilities as the portal technology still has some kinks in it. I am the one who brought you here. No, not the thing you see before you, I'm speaking to you remotely as I'm a busy man. The reason why I brought you here is simple, I'm creating a fighting tournament and so I had my technology randomly pick those with fighting potential. I couldn't care less about how good or evil you are, as a businessman I see both sides are game for profit. Should you win said tournament I'll give you whatever you want... within reason of course as I have a business to run. So, are you interested?"
As long as I get to see my family back in Japan
???: "That can easily be arranged as I planned on sending you all back to your home dimensions anyways. Don't know how successful this tournament of mine will be and so I won't be going live across the multiverse with the video feed of the fights as there's currently not much of an audience, but should it prove a success I may just have the winner fight the champion of next season."
Screeonch.
Translation:Exactly how long are we going to be here?

(Caleb)

Much longer than scheduleled. Those days turn to months, Months to years, If im stuck here longer ill start a fight in here just to have some action!

Telling someone that you pass the turing test is not how you pass the turing test! I live... Again

caleb reads ep1!

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2022-01-11 02:31:50

At 1/11/22 12:03 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:
At 11/30/20 01:39 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Y'know what, just to get things rolling I might as well begin to introduce the one pulling the strings. Haven't come up with a good name for him yet but I'm sure I'll figure something out soon enough.

A small white robotic drone appears out of a small portal, which closes behind it. A voice that's clearly not robotic speaks out of it.

???: "Ah, there you are. Had to search all over my facilities as the portal technology still has some kinks in it. I am the one who brought you here. No, not the thing you see before you, I'm speaking to you remotely as I'm a busy man. The reason why I brought you here is simple, I'm creating a fighting tournament and so I had my technology randomly pick those with fighting potential. I couldn't care less about how good or evil you are, as a businessman I see both sides are game for profit. Should you win said tournament I'll give you whatever you want... within reason of course as I have a business to run. So, are you interested?"
???: "That can easily be arranged as I planned on sending you all back to your home dimensions anyways. Don't know how successful this tournament of mine will be and so I won't be going live across the multiverse with the video feed of the fights as there's currently not much of an audience, but should it prove a success I may just have the winner fight the champion of next season."
Screeonch.
(Caleb)
Much longer than scheduleled. Those days turn to months, Months to years, If im stuck here longer ill start a fight in here just to have some action!

It took you a whole 8 months to reply back?

Take it with a grain of salt, I am slower than a snail.

BBS Signature

Response to The NG Clash of Avatars 2022-01-11 08:43:57

At 1/11/22 02:31 AM, Hazardous-Reptile wrote:
At 1/11/22 12:03 AM, Kaptindregbadd wrote:

Screeonch.
(Caleb)
It took you a whole 8 months to reply back?

(out of character)

He forgot/lost his password. Didn't bother to update this thread myself all this time as I kept getting preoccupied with things, some of which are personal. Not helping that I can't do MS Paint stuff anymore as my home computer finally quit when the motherboard got fried in a power outage. Not quite ready to update the thread but I'll try doing so soon enough.