00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion

21,906 Views | 363 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-26 20:25:34

At 10/26/17 07:11 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 10/26/17 06:40 PM, rebekahamberclark wrote: OK, since I'm not a writing person, I wanted to check in and ask, is everything solidified enough to do casting?
Imo, personalities are pretty well set. Lines are not totally finalized, but it looks like to me everything is fairly solid in terms of what characters we have. What do you think, @SourJovis, @Ekublai? Enough here to start thinking about actors, or should we wait and see what gets trimmed out or tacked on?

I think the characters that are in the script right now are the characters that will be in the final version. Though if the script becomes better by cutting out certain scenes with characters that don't appear in the rest of the script, we shouldn't hesitate to do that. In any case, if we cut out any characters from the script it won't be many characters and only minor characters. I'd say safe to start casting. Or at least read read the second draft so you can start preparing. if people audition for a character that gets cut, you can maybe tell from the quality of their audition if they're suited for different roles.

At 10/26/17 12:44 PM, EKublai wrote: I haven't made it through the 2nd of the script yet but for all those rewriting those parts: please, please make sure the writing does not rely on visual cues. On page 29, for instance, we have "Darnell sinks to the ground, legs dangling over the curb helplessly. AZ8 sighs, looking back out into the crowd, and then eventually points rhetorically at the skyscraper across
the street"

Always ask the question, "how is sound and dialogue supposed to accomplish this?"

I'll sloppily rewrite that last example as: Darnell sinks to the ground and groans. Darnell: I give up. ArchetypeZ8: Come on, Darnell, that sidewalk is filthy. *she sighs as the crowd continues to mumur* ArchetypeZ8: There's got to be some way... but there isn't... wait, yes there is! Look!"

Well-written? Not really. But it something the sound people can work with.

Even little stuff like "Darnell nods in agreement" cannot be heard. It's silence.

That's a good point. I've noticed that as well. Whenever you (re-)write an action ask yourself "how does audio tell you what happens?" and then answer that question by how your action is written. Indeed make sure your action doesn't rely on visual cues, because there aren't any.

Doesn't matter to me if the actions aren't well written. It's nice for the readers of the script, but in the end the audience doesn't get to hear them read out. They only hear the SFX and music the audio department makes out of it. So somithing they can work with is indeed what we're going for.

On that note I've also noticed the following issue:
I see a lot of sentences like “The sound of a bomb going of is heard”.
First of all, we agreed the actions are for what sounds are required, so you don't need to write that you "hear" a sound. Secondly, that's not simple present tense. A better sentence would simply be: “A bomb goes of”.

A few more general points I'd like to make:
-Keep the actions in present tense.
-Mind your spelling. For instance: I (as in me) is with capital I not i. etc.
-Write dialogue that's clear what it means and are easy for the voice actors to say. Concise. To the point. No large blocks of texts. Tip: read the dialogue out loud yourself to see how difficult it is to say (and that's often more difficult than you'd think). Re-write until you can actually read it out loud properly.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-26 20:53:02

At 10/26/17 08:25 PM, SourJovis wrote: I see a lot of sentences like “The sound of a bomb going of is heard”.
First of all, we agreed the actions are for what sounds are required, so you don't need to write that you "hear" a sound. Secondly, that's not simple present tense. A better sentence would simply be: “A bomb goes of”.

I've been going through and trying to correct those. Sometimes I'll just write fragmented descriptions of sounds because it's simpler and easier for you to hear in your head. I've rewritten my assignment to improve flow.

I would like to know, do we see F-Bot anywhere else in the script, and who originally wrote beat 25, and what's going on in that apparent flashback spliced with a prison march.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

At 10/26/17 06:40 PM, rebekahamberclark wrote: OK, since I'm not a writing person, I wanted to check in and ask, is everything solidified enough to do casting?
Imo, personalities are pretty well set. Lines are not totally finalized, but it looks like to me everything is fairly solid in terms of what characters we have. What do you think, @SourJovis, @Ekublai? Enough here to start thinking about actors, or should we wait and see what gets trimmed out or tacked on?

@rebekahamberclark

At this point, I would start thinking about casting the following characters

Darnell
ArchetypeZ8
Pico
Nene
CorpoCat

Also, are you thinking (I actually have no idea if its just you or a group) about casting celebrity voices like Egoraptor, TomFulp, JohnnyUtah, Stamper, etc for cameos?

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-27 12:12:01

At 10/27/17 12:10 PM, EKublai wrote: @rebekahamberclark

Darnell
ArchetypeZ8
Pico
Nene
CorpoCat

Nene has already been cast. We need the others.

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-27 17:55:28

Just noting here I've taken another look at beats 20-25 and rewritten some portions that seemed disjunct or hard to read.

We still have some beats that don't have anything written other than a description. Would anyone like if I went through those and made a small outline for someone to go back over?

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-27 20:42:55

At 10/27/17 05:55 PM, ADR3-N wrote: Just noting here I've taken another look at beats 20-25 and rewritten some portions that seemed disjunct or hard to read.

We still have some beats that don't have anything written other than a description. Would anyone like if I went through those and made a small outline for someone to go back over?

For all of the beats people are assigned to do the re-writes except beats 11-15 and 36-40. If you want to, you can re-write those beats (though I think your beats 21-25 have priority if I'm not mistaken). If you want to re-write or write out unwritten beats that are assigned to another writer, you'd have to ask him/her if they'd like your help.

But you're right some beats aren't written out properly. First of all beats 1-5, but @FoAngel is doing those right now.

I also see in beat 7, rumours about ArchtypeZ8 are mentioned. These should be written out so the voice actors will know what exactly to say. For the same reason the ads that play on the radio in beat 9 should be written out.

Also in beat 9 it's too obviously stated Darnell is jealous. It's better to show it through his actions. They don't literally have to say Darnell is jealous.

The CorpoCat introduces himself to A-Bot on page 18 but that doesn't make sense because they've met before in beat 5.

Anyway beats 7-10 are for @EKublai, so it's up to him to fix these things.

I see beat 16-20 aren't written out... I could've sworn VicariousE wrote them out during the second draft after Septyrikon dropped out during the first draft. I thought I checked. Did I miss that? @VicariousE what happened? @TaintedLogic sorry mate, I didn't notice. Can you write out those beats from scratch or do you need help?

So you're right ADR3-N. Beat 16-20 has indeed priority over your 21-25. Please help TaintedLogic, or switch places if he wants.

Did you find other beats that haven't been written out ADR3-N?

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-27 21:26:52

At 10/27/17 08:42 PM, SourJovis wrote: @TaintedLogic sorry mate, I didn't notice. Can you write out those beats from scratch or do you need help?

Forgive me for not scanning over the part I was editing before now, but...uh...I'd like to prioritize my studies over this project, tbh. I'll need some help writing those beats, please. I'll have plenty of time to write full beats again around Thanksgiving (3rd week in November), but I assume you don't want to wait that long. I'll see what I can do this weekend, but it'll probably be a couple of hours of work tops.

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-27 21:34:46

It seems people need some help. I would like to help with this. I'm not a great writer, though. But I'll try my best.

~ Jessie

✨ENFP | 🎵 Epic Music Composer for: ACE/Old Chicago/OddTodd |🎬 Film Student | Status : Study Mode!

Visit My Official Portfolio!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-27 23:06:44

At 10/27/17 08:42 PM, SourJovis wrote: Did you find other beats that haven't been written out ADR3-N?

Quite a few, a lot in the very opening. I think we also need to choose A or B on that opening scene also. When I next go through editing, I'll list them. Right now, it's storming. Don't know if the power will go out, but I'll let you know tomorrow. Who knows, @VicariousE's files may turn up any moment. You sure we might not have missed them earlier? A PM, email, or post?

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-28 02:27:58

At 10/27/17 11:06 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 10/27/17 08:42 PM, SourJovis wrote: Did you find other beats that haven't been written out ADR3-N?
Quite a few, a lot in the very opening. I think we also need to choose A or B on that opening scene also. When I next go through editing, I'll list them. Right now, it's storming. Don't know if the power will go out, but I'll let you know tomorrow. Who knows, @VicariousE's files may turn up any moment. You sure we might not have missed them earlier? A PM, email, or post?

I didn't receive a PM. I've just sent VicariousE a PM. In the meantime I think it's best you and TaintedLogic switch beats, or devide them between the two of you.

As far as the alternative beats go, I'll leave it up to the designated writers to decide which one works best for him/her. If possible, maybe write both versions so the actors or musicians can decide what they can work with.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-28 17:32:14

Sorry I've been very sick for the past month and will not able to participate in the NGAP in any capacity

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-30 01:04:04

I have some bad news, everyone. I don't think I'm going to be able to contribute much to this project in the coming weeks. I intended to get to it tonight, but I just couldn't find the time given my schoolwork and a number of other creative projects I'm engaged with that are more urgent. I'm sincerely sorry. I'd love to read over and edit parts of the script again at some point, but I believe this will have to be on my terms.

To be totally honest, I didn't originally intend on contributing beyond the second draft. I should have said something when @SourJovis posted the 3rd draft line-up, but I thought I could squeeze this in somehow. Again, I deeply apologize for the inconvenience. I should've been more communicative about my intentions. :'(

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-30 08:23:39

At 10/27/17 12:10 PM, EKublai wrote:
@rebekahamberclark

Darnell
ArchetypeZ8
Pico
Nene
CorpoCat

Also, are you thinking (I actually have no idea if its just you or a group) about casting celebrity voices like Egoraptor, TomFulp, JohnnyUtah, Stamper, etc for cameos?

About celebrities -- if celebrities are wanted, I can certainly send out requests for their time, but they may or may not be able to participate. Just let me know what's wanted!

As Troisnyx mentioned Nene is cast. :)

About casting the rest:

(from the Logistics thread)

At 7/17/17 04:54 PM, rebekahamberclark wrote: as long as I get the basics on whats *wanted* for each role (age, gender, singing range, voice type, and a 1-sentence personality summary for the leads/supporting roles, right on down to brief things like "an old man" for bit speaking parts or "assorted voices" for absolute background roles like the aforementioned cheering/screaming), it's not that complicated to sort it out.

As a reminder, I am NOT FAMILIAR with NG and its history, so I'll need *someone* to give me a basic idea what "name" means in terms of age, gender, personality, accent, voice type. Think of me as someone casting for a Star Trek fan radio play who has never seen an episode of Star Trek. *Casting* I can handle, but I do NOT know the characters, and there's only so much I can glean from the script itself (written I'm assuming for people who know the characters at least somewhat) but I'll do my best. Characters like CorpoCat, I think, are made up for this project specifically, so all info should be in the script, but I'm talking about any characters like Darnell, P-Bot, etc. that are existing NG characters.

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-30 10:46:49

At 10/28/17 05:32 PM, VicariousE wrote: Sorry I've been very sick for the past month and will not able to participate in the NGAP in any capacity

I'm very sorry to hear that. I wish you a speedy recovery.

At 10/30/17 01:04 AM, TaintedLogic wrote: I don't think I'm going to be able to contribute much to this project in the coming weeks. .: To be totally honest, I didn't originally intend on contributing beyond the second draft. I should have said something when @SourJovis posted the 3rd draft line-up, but I thought I could squeeze this in somehow.

That's okay. You already mentioned you didn't have much time. I didn't realize the part I attributed to you had to be written out from scratch. My fault for not noticing that sooner. I've switched your place with @ADR3-N and gave you a part that has less priority. Just see if you can get to it or not.

Here's the new schedule:

1-5---------@FoAngel
7-10--------@EKublai
11-15-------x
16-20------@ADR3-N
21-25------@TaintedLogic
26-30------@CGA-999
31-35------@SourJovis
36-40------x

The deadline still is November 6th.

@Kalviter do you by any chance have time to rewrite any of the spots marked with an x?

At 10/30/17 08:23 AM, rebekahamberclark wrote: As a reminder, I am NOT FAMILIAR with NG and its history, so I'll need *someone* to give me a basic idea what "name" means in terms of age, gender, personality, accent, voice type.

Yes please someone help rebekahamberclark. There's a newgrounds wikia where you can look up a lot of the characters.

Indeed Darnell, Pico, Nene, A-Bot, P-Bot and most of the other Bots are well known Negrounds characters. Maybe someone could point you towards the most notable media they appear in.

ArchetypeZ8 is loosely based on the first succesfull members of the audio community, but is essentialy made up for this project. The Dreamcrusher, CorpoCat and the Fat-Cats are all made up for this project. After the third draft I'll make a list of characters and a short description so it'll be easier to cast.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-30 16:05:36

At 10/30/17 10:46 AM, SourJovis wrote: I've switched your place with @ADR3-N and gave you a part that has less priority. Just see if you can get to it or not.

Okay. Thank you for being so understanding! Again, I'll do everything I can to squeeze this in next weekend.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-30 20:01:54

At 10/30/17 08:23 AM, rebekahamberclark wrote: About celebrities -- if celebrities are wanted, I can certainly send out requests for their time, but they may or may not be able to participate. Just let me know what's wanted!

We were talking about asking @TomFulp for a cameo. Maybe something like reading an opening speech or an epilogue. The only reason we have a 15th anniversary to comemorate is him, after all. :)

talking about any characters like Darnell, P-Bot, etc. that are existing NG characters.

P-Bot now that I think of it has never really been voiced before that I can remember, but I would assume, well, smooth, even-tempered, optimistic, and robot-y. I can probably handle processing any robot voices. I've got vocoders and talkbox synths galore. @Troisnyx, that means you can write a robot hymn and toss me the midi, if you want, and we can turn a paragraph into Imogen Heap, lol.

But yeah, all the bots, we really have never heard them before. If you can get a general idea of what their personality is in your head, that's fine. For instance, F-bot so far has been sultry and sarcastic, female.

I'm at a bit of a loss for words right now, but I do know a few VA's off the top of my head, one being @RealFaction. I'm not sure if he's already on board or not since things were getting hairy a couple months back.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-31 08:47:01

At 10/30/17 08:01 PM, ADR3-N wrote: But yeah, all the bots, we really have never heard them before. If you can get a general idea of what their personality is in your head, that's fine. For instance, F-bot so far has been sultry and sarcastic, female.

I always picture P-Bot with an energetic, optimistic vibe... I could probably find an example somewhere of what I hear in my head, gotta look around at movie / cartoon robots.

A-Bot we always pictured talking like Blaster on Transformers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsgPcdf1gCM

G-Bot is kinda like an emo male version of Rosie the maid robot on The Jetsons.

For F-Bot I always just pictured Stamper doing his girl voice.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-31 10:07:03

At 10/31/17 04:10 AM, RealFaction wrote:
At 10/30/17 08:01 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 10/30/17 08:23 AM, rebekahamberclark wrote:
I'm at a bit of a loss for words right now, but I do know a few VA's off the top of my head, one being @RealFaction. I'm not sure if he's already on board or not since things were getting hairy a couple months back.
Hey thanks. So there's a lot of reading here...and i don't know what to read or what not to read and i'd rather not go through 10 pages, so what do i need to know? What do you think I could voice, what kind of voice are you all looking for, I need details before I decide.

This topic is about the screenwriting process we're doing at the moment. This isn't all relevant to voice acting so you don't have to read all of this. Let's move the voice acting discussions to the voice actors / vocalists thread as much as possible.

I think it'd be great if you're in. @rebekahamberclark does voice casting. I think she will decide what would be the best part for you, After the third draft that'll be finished on November 6th i will immediately put up a list of the characters that are in the script.

@ZipZipper would also be a great candidate for voice acting. I think he's a great voice actor as well as a very valued member of the NG audio community. I thopught this voice acting demo reel he did a few years back was hillarious: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/531121

BBS Signature

Dude! Don't sweat it. You've gave me some good stuff to work with. And most importantly, you didn't succumb to the big mistake that all of people writing the parts after you made.

I haven't made it through the 2nd of the script yet but for all those rewriting those parts: please, please make sure the writing does not rely on visual cues. On page 29, for instance, we have "Darnell sinks to the ground, legs dangling over the curb helplessly. AZ8 sighs, looking back out into the crowd, and then eventually points rhetorically at the skyscraper across
the street"

Always ask the question, "how is sound and dialogue supposed to accomplish this?"

I'll sloppily rewrite that last example as: Darnell sinks to the ground and groans. Darnell: I give up. ArchetypeZ8: Come on, Darnell, that sidewalk is filthy. *she sighs as the crowd continues to mumur* ArchetypeZ8: There's got to be some way... but there isn't... wait, yes there is! Look!"

Well-written? Not really. But it something the sound people can work with.

Even little stuff like "Darnell nods in agreement" cannot be heard. It's silence.

Just wanted to chime in with that.

Thanks for saying that,Ekublai unless you're probably writing to someone else,ha.Anyway,if you are,I'm a little confused,I didn't give anything all(something I'm quite ashamed because WriterDuet is a very new thing for me.Personally,I don't mind the good old way of writing the script here(if the others are okay with it) rather than finding out why the link to my script doesn't work.Sorry for the late reply by the way!

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-11-02 02:25:46

At 10/30/17 08:23 AM, rebekahamberclark wrote:
At 10/27/17 12:10 PM, EKublai wrote:
@rebekahamberclark

Darnell
ArchetypeZ8
Pico
Nene
CorpoCat

About celebrities -- if celebrities are wanted, I can certainly send out requests for their time, but they may or may not be able to participate. Just let me know what's wanted!

As Troisnyx mentioned Nene is cast. :)

About casting the rest:

(from the Logistics thread)
At 7/17/17 04:54 PM, rebekahamberclark wrote: as long as I get the basics on whats *wanted* for each role (age, gender, singing range, voice type, and a 1-sentence personality summary for the leads/supporting roles, right on down to brief things like "an old man" for bit speaking parts or "assorted voices" for absolute background roles like the aforementioned cheering/screaming), it's not that complicated to sort it out.
As a reminder, I am NOT FAMILIAR with NG and its history, so I'll need *someone* to give me a basic idea what "name" means in terms of age, gender, personality, accent, voice type. Think of me as someone casting for a Star Trek fan radio play who has never seen an episode of Star Trek. *Casting* I can handle, but I do NOT know the characters, and there's only so much I can glean from the script itself (written I'm assuming for people who know the characters at least somewhat) but I'll do my best. Characters like CorpoCat, I think, are made up for this project specifically, so all info should be in the script, but I'm talking about any characters like Darnell, P-Bot, etc. that are existing NG characters.

EVERYONE: Start creating a list of cameo appearances. We'll want a meaty list to account for those who can't/don't want to do them. Of course, this is assuming we would want cameos at all.

Thanks for this info! @rebekahamberclark
I'll give this a shot as best as I can. I'll stay away from recommendations since it's not my department.

Thing is, because of the genesis of the site, these characters are typically depicted a schoolchildren with some seriously dark demons inside 'em. You'll probably need to age to at least high school age.

Darnell: African-American. Light tenor voice. He's suave, arrogant, a hip-hop artist. He should sing well.

ArchetypeZ8: Show specific character. In my head it would be someone like this actress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKAy542slwU . We haven't got her character nailed down quite yet. But I would describe her as a good kid with big dreams. A bit of an outcast. Expressive.

Pico: Depictions of this character range from introverted kid to schoolboy hero to sadistic mass killer. NG's mascot is inspired by the site's history of controversial and violent content. Pico has been held up as commentary on school shootings, usually in the role of the shooter or against. Eh I would say he's an Matrix-inspired introverted schoolkid.,
Nene: She's thought to be Japanese. Personality -wise She lies somewhere between Darnell and Pico. She's pretty edgy in her own way. She used to be pretty suicide-obsessed, but eventually came around to directing her violence towards other. Anyway, you'll need to contrast her with ArchetypeZ8.

Corporate: Show specific character.

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-11-06 05:59:41

Just noting here I've gone through and corrected a lot of spelling and continuity errors in beats 1-5. Beats 18, 19, and 20 should be written out by today. Sorry for the last minute notice. I've been having really bad writer's block on this part, especially these beats. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to write down a skeleton. I'm gonna take a break for a bout an hour or two and jump back in when I'm not scratching my head.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-11-06 06:23:50

Apologies i'm typing up parts 1-5 right now, the last couple of days i was using my phone to update the script. In hindsight probably not a good idea.

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-11-06 06:44:37

At 11/6/17 06:23 AM, FoAngel wrote: Apologies i'm typing up parts 1-5 right now, the last couple of days i was using my phone to update the script. In hindsight probably not a good idea.

Hey, nw, you're doing good work. I've just been correcting spelling and punctuation as I read in some places, trying to replace visual cues with auditory, and make the dialogue a little more consistent/flowy. I'm actually really impressed you wrote that on a mobile phone. Takes a special kind of patience.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-11-06 13:35:42

Sorry about the delays tigers, beats 7-10 will be revamped by tonight.

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-11-06 23:36:42

Sorry, guys. I need just one more day. I've been spending all my time studying for a colossal midterm exam I have tomorrow morning.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-11-06 23:45:25

At 11/6/17 11:36 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Sorry, guys. I need just one more day. I've been spending all my time studying for a colossal midterm exam I have tomorrow morning.

Same. I passed out in the middle of beat 19 or 20 I think. I also got stumped for a good 6 hours.

I will need some help for that boss battle with CorpoCat and our 2 heroes. @SourJovis, would you be cool if I asked someone like @Teqneek for a hand? Of course, assuming he's willing. What we've got there is an olskool style diss track between CorpoCat, the cats he vomits up, and Darnell and ArchetypeZ8. At first, they lose, but then the cavalry comes in.

After that, I shouldn't have too much trouble rounding out beat 20. I'm having a bit of a time keeping things neat and trim though. When anyone goes behind me, feel free to trim as needed.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-11-07 01:16:00

At 11/6/17 11:45 PM, ADR3-N wrote: After that, I shouldn't have too much trouble rounding out beat 20. I'm having a bit of a time keeping things neat and trim though. When anyone goes behind me, feel free to trim as needed.

Finished my parts. Had an epiphany. I still don't like the way the CorpoCat boss fight or the break in previously reads, but it's all out there.

Cameos for 16-20:
Fat Cats vomited up by CorpoCat
New User, and New User 2
Tank man, recurring character
Female podcaster
Receptionist, who has been working 6 days handling new users

Note, in the rap battles, might have to include a little more about CorpoCat's backstory, since CorpoCat is identified in the first beats as the cat Darnell accidentally lit on fire.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-11-07 10:39:58

Going to render and upload the 3rd draft in 32 hours. All of you have until then to complete what you're doing if you haven't already.

At 11/6/17 11:45 PM, ADR3-N wrote: I will need some help for that boss battle with CorpoCat and our 2 heroes. @SourJovis, would you be cool if I asked someone like @Teqneek for a hand? Of course, assuming he's willing. What we've got there is an olskool style diss track between CorpoCat, the cats he vomits up, and Darnell and ArchetypeZ8. At first, they lose, but then the cavalry comes in.

You can always ask help from whoever you want. But, on the note of rap-battles and song lyrics; there are also lyricists involved in this project, so I think it's best if we screenwriters leave the song parts open for the later departments to do with what they want. I suppose it's not too bad if we write out one or two songs ourselves, if only to serve as inspiration, but we shouldn't steal all of their work.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-11-08 00:35:14

I finished editing beats 21-25. Hopefully, I'll have some more time in the coming weeks to actually read the entire thing cover-to-cover, checking for consistency errors and such. For now, I'm signing off! Great work, everybody. ^^

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-11-08 17:50:14

Is anyone else having trouble loading up the script?