00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

joaomfigueiredo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion

21,965 Views | 363 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-19 10:06:05

Just registering my ability to help out with the second draft. I would have helped out with the first as well but only got back home on the 17th, so I missed the 14th deadline. Good to see you guys are making progress though!

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-19 16:04:01

At 8/17/17 10:21 PM, EKublai wrote: So just so everyone knows what I'm thinking.

Since I'm pretty sure I'm the only with full access to WriterDuet's suite, I'm going to maintain the master script, adding sequences as they come to me until we have a first draft completed. I wish we had the ability to do a google docs style collaboration but I'll make sure to keep ya'll updated on every little change.

I've also got a paid version of WriterDuet so everyone can work on the same project file at the same time, so let's stick to that one.

About that, not many people sent me an email address so I can add them as a collaborator so they can edit the file. If you don't want to do that you can also send me your part separately so I'll put it in one file. I'll leave that up for everyone to decide for themselves.

At 8/18/17 10:34 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: Okay, then can you add this in P-BOT?

P-Bot is a robot created by Darnell, Pico and Nene, which is manufactured for sharing new found interest flash animations and games free to play and create for everybody.

I think this is all I could describe in my knowledge of that world.

Thanks, I've added your description.

At 8/19/17 10:06 AM, Kalviter wrote: Just registering my ability to help out with the second draft. I would have helped out with the first as well but only got back home on the 17th, so I missed the 14th deadline. Good to see you guys are making progress though!

We had enough people to work on the first draft. We need more to work on the second draft, so it's great you want to join in.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-21 13:16:18

Schedule:

1-5---------SourJovis
7-10--------MchectorII
11-15------TaintedLogic
16-20------Septyrikon
21-25------Kwing
25-30------FoAngel
30-35------EKublai
35-40------ADR3-N (and FoAngel)

As far as I've heard back everyone is busy writing. Looking forward to read it all on August 22.

Meanwhile; who's up for the second draft that we'll start on August 23? I've got Kalviter on board. Any more takers?

@LadyArsenic @VicariousE @CGA-999 and @SuperChick do you want to give it a shot? It may be your final chance to contribute.

You can also write on the second draft if you've joined in on the first draft as well ofcourse. You get to rewrite a different sequence than the one you wrote yourself for the first draft. It's just that people who didn't write the first draft get priority to give everyone a chance to contribute.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-21 13:17:57

At 8/21/17 01:16 PM, SourJovis wrote:

@LadyArsenic @VicariousE @CGA-999 and @SuperChick do you want to give it a shot? It may be your final chance to contribute.

Eh, sure, I'll do it.

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-21 13:37:04

At 8/19/17 04:04 PM, SourJovis wrote: About that, not many people sent me an email address so I can add them as a collaborator so they can edit the file. If you don't want to do that you can also send me your part separately so I'll put it in one file. I'll leave that up for everyone to decide for themselves.

I'll send you my email addy via NG PM. Gimme a task to do, anything but edit 7-10, I did that last time around....
Since you're scriptmaster and admin, I'll just follow your particular approach to the format.

Took me a while to understand the corporate need for cybernetic animal problem solvers, simply put, it pits animals and humans against each, the way nature intended ;) I've got a few handwritten notes, but no dialog/linear plot devices.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-21 20:49:40

At 8/21/17 01:16 PM, SourJovis wrote: 11-15------TaintedLogic

I'm reformatting my content for the WriterDuet page as we speak. Should be up there within an hour or so. :)

Meanwhile; who's up for the second draft that we'll start on August 23? I've got Kalviter on board. Any more takers?

I'll join the fray again! I'll be back at school by the time the 3rd drafting phase takes place, so it's now or never!

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-21 22:57:13

I'll have mine done tomorrow. Sorry, had to get my next spec all summaried for my writing group. Struggle is real, yo.

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-22 05:52:32

I'm happy to help with the second draft.

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-23 11:06:17

Here's a part of my 1st draft:https://www.writerduet.com/script#BHMNZ

It's only Chapter 7 and I'd like some opinions and advice which I can use for the other chapters.Thanks!

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-23 17:12:43

Guys, I'm having some life issues right now. The guy that molested me a couple years ago and got some of his friends to do the same is threatening me and my family this morning, so I'm going to go to the police. He lives right upstairs from my 60-year-old mother and her elderly partner, and he previously tried to kill his unborn daughter by lacing the mother's drinks with ammonia. He has a history of premeditation, rape, and violence, so I'm taking it seriously. Please pray for my family.

Yesterday, I wasn't able to complete my part of the draft because I got surprise-called into work on the one day I was supposed to be free. I've talked to @SourJovis and @FoAngel, but I'm most likely going to have to sit this one out. I don't really know what's going to be happening over the next week or so. I'm really sorry about this.

I've got beat 35 finished so far.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-23 17:19:37

At 8/23/17 05:12 PM, ADR3-N wrote: The guy that molested me a couple years ago and got some of his friends to do the same is threatening me and my family this morning, so I'm going to go to the police. He lives right upstairs from my 60-year-old mother and her elderly partner, and he previously tried to kill his unborn daughter by lacing the mother's drinks with ammonia. He has a history of premeditation, rape, and violence, so I'm taking it seriously.

Prayers and thoughts to you and yours immediately. I hope the police get on the case. Has he been prosecuted before?

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-23 22:01:58

At 8/23/17 05:12 PM, ADR3-N wrote: Guys, I'm having some life issues right now.

No need to apologize at all. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that! I hope justice is served and your family is safe.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-24 00:59:25

At 8/23/17 05:12 PM, ADR3-N wrote: Guys, I'm having some life issues right now. The guy that molested me a couple years ago and got some of his friends to do the same is threatening me and my family this morning, so I'm going to go to the police.

That's terrible news. I wish you the best of luck.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-24 01:21:33

Update: According to the planning we were supposed to start the second draft yesterday. However this did not happen because I couldn't put together the first draft in time. More than halve the writers hasn't been able to complete his/her part of the first draft so far, so we can't start the second draft this way. I understand the people who haven't finished their part yet are still working very hard on it. I'm going to extend the deadline by a week. That means everyone who's working on the first draft has until August 29.. This means everyone who has already finished his/her parts also has another few days to improve it. Does this give everyone enough time?

We will start working on the second draft from August 30 to September 11. So far @FoAngel, @TaintedLogic, @VicariousE, @CGA-999 and @Kalviter are willing to work on that.

I don't know whether this means we can't finish the final draft on September 25 like planned, or if we will be delayed by a week. That depends on whether we need to to a 5th draft or if 4 will suffice, or if the 3rd to 5th draft can be done in shorter time that the 7 days given. We'll see when we get there.

BBS Signature

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone. Much appreciated. I'm now back home with family, safe.

At 8/23/17 05:19 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Prayers and thoughts to you and yours immediately. I hope the police get on the case. Has he been prosecuted before?

Nope. Authorities said 'Wellp, this is hearsay. Can't prove it,' despite more people coming forward about this guy and his friend group. Prior to me leaving a message here, he actually showed up to my mom's doorstep and started interrogating her. Had no idea until after I actually phoned her. Authorities still say that even after he's stalked me and threatened me/my family, and showed up to mom's house, since he didn't actually say what sort of harm he'd do to us, he still gets off scot free, so waiting on him to do something else stupid.

Until then, I reckon I'll be free to resume duties. I'm going to take today off to recoup, though. I'm not used to getting death threats from people who live in the same city limit.

@FoAngel, @SourJovis, I should be alright to resume writing on the script in the morning. Please let me know what to start on.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-25 17:18:22

At 8/25/17 04:24 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
@FoAngel, @SourJovis, I should be alright to resume writing on the script in the morning. Please let me know what to start on.

I'm just about finished on beat 37, so i'm happy to continue writing if you want, we have to be mindful of the 29th deadline is all.

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-27 16:29:01

At 8/25/17 05:18 PM, FoAngel wrote: I'm just about finished on beat 37, so i'm happy to continue writing if you want, we have to be mindful of the 29th deadline is all.

Finished beat 38 and started beat 39. You should be able to import this if needed. Let me know if it doesn't work.

@SourJovis, let me know how this looks, please.

BBS Signature

Finished 38-40 today. Isn't particularly how I like it, and breaks the 4th wall at the very end to address the listener, but, finished is finished. Plenty of time to fix it all up.

File here. Some formatting rekt from the export, but you can't upload .wdz files to dumping grounds.

@SourJovis, I'm afraid I'll wreck the outline we have if I add it in myself.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-29 12:49:55

At 8/23/17 11:06 AM, MchectorII wrote: Here's a part of my 1st draft:https://www.writerduet.com/script#BHMNZ

It's only Chapter 7 and I'd like some opinions and advice which I can use for the other chapters.Thanks!

I can't open your link. It says I don't have permission from the author to view it. Can you send it in another way, so other people can view it? Have you written more by now?

At 8/28/17 10:59 PM, ADR3-N wrote: Finished 38-40 today. Isn't particularly how I like it, and breaks the 4th wall at the very end to address the listener, but, finished is finished. Plenty of time to fix it all up.

File here. Some formatting rekt from the export, but you can't upload .wdz files to dumping grounds.

@SourJovis, I'm afraid I'll wreck the outline we have if I add it in myself.

That's great you could get it done in time with all that's happening. Don't worry too much it's not the way you wanted it to be. It's only a first draft. Still time to improve things. I'll put it in the file.

How's everyone else doing? I want to finish putting the first draft together tomorrow at latest, so we can continue the second draft.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-29 18:23:56

At 8/28/17 10:59 PM, ADR3-N wrote: Finished 38-40 today. Isn't particularly how I like it, and breaks the 4th wall at the very end to address the listener, but, finished is finished. Plenty of time to fix it all up.

Whoah, just got a chance to read your script and I'm blown away. I want more of where this came from! Any chance the complete first draft will be uploaded somewhere? Also I just read about your situation and I wish you all the best. That guy deserves hell for what he's making you go through.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-29 20:32:52

At 8/29/17 06:23 PM, Whirlguy wrote:

Any chance the complete first draft will be uploaded somewhere?

Yes. I will finish putting the first draft together on August 30, and upload a pdf here for everyone to read.

I'm still awaiting the parts from 4 people (I've sent out some PMs). Keep them coming. Within 24 hours if you can. If not, let me know.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-29 23:13:19

At 8/29/17 06:23 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Whoah, just got a chance to read your script and I'm blown away. I want more of where this came from! Any chance the complete first draft will be uploaded somewhere? Also I just read about your situation and I wish you all the best. That guy deserves hell for what he's making you go through.

I actually think @FoAngel did a better job than me -- that action sequence was fiiiiire.

And thanks. Things have calmed down some finally. I took some time to pray and study in the scriptures, and I'm feeling much better. I'm safe, armed, etc.

@SourJovis, if there's an emergency and we have a writer who can't finish the tail end of whatever their working on, I can take a look. I'm gonna be a little busy tomorrow but for the rest of tonight, I'm free.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-30 02:43:17

@sourjovis I've got access to the WriterDuet project, though I couldn't add my script (just the first beat, done in another file) to it, but likely could copy/paste between the two tabs; not an over-write, just something noted

Either way, think I'd be more invested if you gave me an assignment when you're ready for the next phase. Between some hard thinking and reading the completed bits posted, I'm ready to jump in.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-30 04:47:23

P-Bot Comes to Newgrounds by Mindchamber.

Just a little motivational thing, I'm too old to care about double posting.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-30 09:45:28

I can't open your link. It says I don't have permission from the author to view it. Can you send it in another way, so other people can view it? Have you written more by now?

Good thing I had a copy but I have converted it into a link.Hope it works:file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/AP15.html

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-30 10:52:39

At 8/30/17 04:47 AM, VicariousE wrote: I'm too old to care about double posting.

Hahaha, I'm 20 and I still don't care about double posting.

Also, if anyone needs help with formatting their part into WriterDuet, I'm willing to give it a shot. ^^

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-30 20:33:17

At 8/30/17 09:45 AM, MchectorII wrote:

Good thing I had a copy but I have converted it into a link.Hope it works:file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/AP15.html

It doesn't work.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-08-31 21:17:11

It will take me another 24 hours I'm afraid, because I'm awaiting pieces by some writers PMed me they're almost done. Also I myself am very busy with work.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-04 04:32:28

Hey everybody,
Just checking in to see if the first draft was completed.

Thank you very much :)

~ Jessie

✨ENFP | 🎵 Epic Music Composer for: ACE/Old Chicago/OddTodd |🎬 Film Student | Status : Study Mode!

Visit My Official Portfolio!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-04 04:55:37

At 9/4/17 04:32 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: Hey everybody,
Just checking in to see if the first draft was completed.

Thank you very much :)

Yeah, it does look like we've delayed a bit, haven't we?