00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

liazx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion

21,852 Views | 363 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-14 13:27:20

At 9/14/17 02:14 AM, FoAngel wrote: Things have been a little busy for me of late however I've rewritten 25-30.

I'm going to start on sections 7-10 tonight. Hopefully I should be Done by the 18th

Just clarifying, have you written beat 25 or is that my jurisdiction?

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-14 16:03:23

At 9/14/17 01:27 PM, Kalviter wrote:
At 9/14/17 02:14 AM, FoAngel wrote: Things have been a little busy for me of late however I've rewritten 25-30.

I'm going to start on sections 7-10 tonight. Hopefully I should be Done by the 18th

Good question. I believe I did it might need to double check

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-14 21:30:33

At 9/14/17 04:03 PM, FoAngel wrote:
At 9/14/17 01:27 PM, Kalviter wrote:

Good question. I believe I did it might need to double check

Yeah I think you did FoAngel. It's in the WriterDuet project. That's my fault because I put 25 double in the schedule. means you don;t have to do it Kalviter, but if you want you can rewrite 25-30 (again).

Good luck FoAngel with 7-10. You're doing great.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-18 19:21:23

Just to let you know. I'm updating the script now with section 7-10. I should be finished that today.

Also, there were another couple of sections I wrote would you like me to rewrite them as well? I think it might've been 36 and 37 @adr3-n

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-19 07:24:35

I'm so sorry I've forgotten about this, I'm not keeping up well at all. Assuming I don't have to do anything after I get home from work today, I'll try to finish it up.

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-19 21:01:01

I think I'm going to need a couple more days, unfortunately. When I originally signed up to write draft 2, it was supposed to be before school started. But with all the delays, I'm now back in school and struggling to find time to finish this thing.

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-20 20:35:44

Okay, the second draft phase is over, and it seems some people require more time. This time however, I'm not going to extend the deadline any further, because we can't afford any more delays.

Instead I'm going to make a planning for the third, the fourth and the fifth draft.

I'm going to write the third draft myself, starting from now until September 26. That's a little less than a week time. During this period I'd like everyone who hasn't already done so, to submit their parts before September 25. @FoAngel , @TaintedLogic , @VicariousE , @CGA-999 and @Kalviter , if you've already finished your parts please let me now. If not, how much time do you need? Please let me know as soon as you've finished and I can rewrite.

The fourth draft will be written by someone else from September 27 until 30.

The fifth by another from October 1 to October 3.

That means the script will be finished at about October 3 or 4.

I'm looking for people who are willing to do the fourth and fifth draft. This requires some intense re-writing in a short period of time. Who is available for the established days? For this task I favour people who have showed a lot of dedication to the script during the earlier phases. Just because I think I've already given everyone a fair chance to contribute and I don't want to take any more chances.

At 9/18/17 07:21 PM, FoAngel wrote: Just to let you know. I'm updating the script now with section 7-10. I should be finished that today.

Also, there were another couple of sections I wrote would you like me to rewrite them as well? I think it might've been 36 and 37 @adr3-n

Are you done with beat 7-10? You can re-write 36 and 37 if you want. Let me know when you're done.

At 9/19/17 07:24 AM, CGA-999 wrote: I'm so sorry I've forgotten about this, I'm not keeping up well at all. Assuming I don't have to do anything after I get home from work today, I'll try to finish it up.

Okay, let me know as soon as you're finished or if you're already finished.

At 9/19/17 09:01 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: I think I'm going to need a couple more days, unfortunately. When I originally signed up to write draft 2, it was supposed to be before school started. But with all the delays, I'm now back in school and struggling to find time to finish this thing.

I understand. How much time do you need. Let me know as soon as you're finished.

Hope that's all fair and clear. Good luck to all who are still writing at the moment. Please let me know if you're willing to do the fourth and fifth drafts on the given days.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-20 20:50:53

At 9/20/17 08:35 PM, SourJovis wrote: I'm going to write the third draft myself, starting from now until September 26. That's a little less than a week time. During this period I'd like everyone who hasn't already done so, to submit their parts before September 25. @FoAngel , @TaintedLogic , @VicariousE , @CGA-999 and @Kalviter , if you've already finished your parts please let me now. If not, how much time do you need? Please let me know as soon as you've finished and I can rewrite.

Is my part not already in the WriterDuet file? If it's not let me know but it should be (Beats 21-24).

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-20 21:10:44

At 9/20/17 08:50 PM, Kalviter wrote:
At 9/20/17 08:35 PM, SourJovis wrote: I'm going to write the third draft myself, starting from now until September 26. That's a little less than a week time. During this period I'd like everyone who hasn't already done so, to submit their parts before September 25. @FoAngel , @TaintedLogic , @VicariousE , @CGA-999 and @Kalviter , if you've already finished your parts please let me now. If not, how much time do you need? Please let me know as soon as you've finished and I can rewrite.
Is my part not already in the WriterDuet file? If it's not let me know but it should be (Beats 21-24).

It is indeed. Thanks for that, and thanks as well for letting me know. I just like to hear it from everyone specifically so I know you're not still working on it while I rewrite.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-20 21:40:55

At 9/20/17 09:10 PM, SourJovis wrote: It is indeed. Thanks for that, and thanks as well for letting me know. I just like to hear it from everyone specifically so I know you're not still working on it while I rewrite.

Solid, just checking. I was slightly unsure if it had saved locally or online.

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-20 23:03:15

At 9/20/17 08:35 PM, SourJovis wrote: Okay, the second draft phase is over, and it seems some people require more time. This time however, I'm not going to extend the deadline any further, because we can't afford any more delays.

Instead I'm going to make a planning for the third, the fourth and the fifth draft.

Apologies real life took hold for a little while, I'm updating the writerduet script now.

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-20 23:42:32

@SourJovis I will definitely finish by the 25th. I'm hoping for sooner, but I don't want to throw dates and times around just in case. I'll keep everyone in the loop! Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-21 05:02:33

Seeing the posts, I guess it's too early to let everyone view Draft 2?

Just wanted to know :)

~ Jessie

✨ENFP | 🎵 Epic Music Composer for: ACE/Old Chicago/OddTodd |🎬 Film Student | Status : Study Mode!

Visit My Official Portfolio!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-21 16:04:02

At 9/20/17 08:35 PM, SourJovis wrote:
Hope that's all fair and clear. Good luck to all who are still writing at the moment. Please let me know if you're willing to do the fourth and fifth drafts on the given days.

I'm just about done with my rewrite, it's almost done, because TaintedLogic's was really good :D

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-21 19:31:42

At 9/21/17 04:04 PM, CGA-999 wrote:
I'm just about done with my rewrite, it's almost done, because TaintedLogic's was really good :D

Hahaha, thanks man!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-22 20:45:00

At 9/21/17 05:02 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: Seeing the posts, I guess it's too early to let everyone view Draft 2?

Just wanted to know :)

Indeed. I will skip the second draft entirely, because not everyone is finished. The voice actors are awaiting the second draft I understand for casting. That's unfortunate. I will keep in mind the third draft has to be easy to read, and it should be easier to see how many and what characters there are, so it will be better to use for casting.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-23 01:21:01

My apologies for taking so long to finish. I had a tonne of papers to mark since its exam time over here.

I'm still happy to help out any way I can

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-24 00:59:38

After passively admiring @EKublai's work for quite some time, I've finally gotten around to editing this thing! Not many major changes, just a couple of confusing passages of dialogue that I cleaned up and then a bunch of smaller details. I don't have admin privileges on the WriterDuet doc, so could I ask you to share it with @SourJovis, please? Or, if there's a way to easily transfer the existing file to where it needs to go, I'd be honored to have someone enlighten me. Otherwise, I think I'm signing off for now. School is a bit all-consuming, you see. Let me know if I can help out later on!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-24 11:53:46

@TaintedLogic If you export it as a writerduet file or pdf, put it on the NG dumpinggrounds and send me a link, I'll put it in the project.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-24 13:55:10

At 9/24/17 11:53 AM, SourJovis wrote: export it, put it on the NG dumpinggrounds and send me a link

Will do! Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-24 18:45:56

I'm just about done with my part! Just removing a few typos and ellipses. Also changing a few wordings but nothing much.

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-24 19:00:07

At 9/24/17 06:45 PM, CGA-999 wrote: I'm just about done with my part! Just removing a few typos and ellipses. Also changing a few wordings but nothing much.

Hahahah, yeah. I definitely overuse ellipses. XD

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-24 19:19:55

Alright, I'm finished!

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-27 21:42:39

Okay, I said I'd upload the pdf on the 26th, but please give me another 27 hours. I've been very busy these days and tomorrow morning I have a job interview, so I can't pull an all nighter. I'm very sorry about that.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-09-27 23:01:01

At 9/27/17 09:42 PM, SourJovis wrote: Okay, I said I'd upload the pdf on the 26th, but please give me another 27 hours. I've been very busy these days and tomorrow morning I have a job interview, so I can't pull an all nighter. I'm very sorry about that.

Don't worry about it, man! Job interviews are WAY more important than Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

@SourJovis, I've finally sent you my completed beats 30-35. https://WriterDuet.com/script#ZGMEJ_FC5HU4E2UETX5 @TaintedLogic if he isn't able to get to it. Please make sure he can.

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-01 06:07:34

I guess Draft 3 (or 4) isn't ready yet?

Just wanted to know.

~ Jessie

✨ENFP | 🎵 Epic Music Composer for: ACE/Old Chicago/OddTodd |🎬 Film Student | Status : Study Mode!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-03 18:20:59

At 10/1/17 06:07 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: I guess Draft 3 (or 4) isn't ready yet?

Just wanted to know.

Personally, I haven’t seen the compiled pdf yet. To me, this is draft one still. I think @SourJovis is doing something with it but I’ definitely going to reccommend asking for more time. It’s tough on everyone not to keep chugging, but honestly I’m impressed that a group got together and completed a script in three months. I wouldn’t mind just seeing it without any editing so we can discuss what really shines and what shits.
This project has the potential to be A. Fun and entertaining. and/or B. all over the place tone and story wise. I think we need at least two drafts of revisions and one of polish still. I think getting the script wrong would be a disservice to the work everyone’s going to be contributing to this.

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-03 19:26:38

At 10/3/17 06:20 PM, EKublai wrote:
At 10/1/17 06:07 AM, jessieyun0404 wrote: I guess Draft 3 (or 4) isn't ready yet?

Just wanted to know.
Personally, I haven’t seen the compiled pdf yet. To me, this is draft one still. I think @SourJovis is doing something with it but I’ definitely going to reccommend asking for more time. It’s tough on everyone not to keep chugging, but honestly I’m impressed that a group got together and completed a script in three months. I wouldn’t mind just seeing it without any editing so we can discuss what really shines and what shits.
This project has the potential to be A. Fun and entertaining. and/or B. all over the place tone and story wise. I think we need at least two drafts of revisions and one of polish still. I think getting the script wrong would be a disservice to the work everyone’s going to be contributing to this.

Thanks for the update. I just wanted to learn the progress, that's all.
And I'm also, too, impressed by the scriptwriters who work hard to improve the script. I have once wrote a 50-minutes-long audio drama script and it's really tough -- it took me months on that! I understand how hard it is, and how hard to maintain the project while real life problems take over.

Anyways, thank you for the reply.

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15: Scriptwriting Discusion 2017-10-04 06:50:03

Here's a long overdue update. I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier, because I should have. I said I would upload the 3rd draft a week ago, and I didn't without any notice. I did mention I got a job interview, and that resulted into me getting a new job. In fact I have several jobs/assignments at once at the moment. More than I can handle. That's why I didn't get as much time to work on the script as I was supposed to. That means I should outsource some of the work to the other writers. First I want to map out what's good about the script and what could still be improved about it. I've got two days in the weekend to work on the script, so I will do all I can during those days and let you know what the plan is to continue.

It's like EKublai said. It's pretty impressive how far we've gotten in such a short time, and how everyone contributed as much as they did. If we continue this level of commitment, it has the potential to become a good script and the entire project has the potential of become something we can all be proud of. That's what we aim for.

At the moment the script has some issues. The style is not consistent because it's been written by several people. Some parts are too long winded and slow moving, while others are too short and underdeveloped. It doesn't really flow yet. I try to fix this as much as I can, and where I can't I'll try to pinpoint what the problem is so I can assign other writers to smooth things out.

BBS Signature