00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JoJoshke just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PSN down for up to 2 days

54,646 Views | 882 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 01:54:04

At 5/5/11 10:35 PM, zooos wrote: "Sony May Be Hit By A Third Attack This Weekend"

"Sony may be hit by yet another attack this weekend. According to CNET, hackers are planning to attack Sony's website in the next few days. The attack is said to be a response to Sony's handling of the PSN security breach. The plan would be to publicize some or all of the data hackers were able to find on Sony's servers. This would potentially include the names, addresses and credit card numbers of more than 75 million PSN users."

If this is legit this makes no fucking sense, specifically the "The attack is said to be a response to Sony's handling of the PSN security breach."

Because you know! Who wouldn't announce themselves before breaking into a private network, while the FBI is still investigating their previous case that was only 2 weeks ago?

Honestly, first the whole "DEY R SELLING ALL DA KREDIT KARDZ IN 1 BIG BATCH, ON A COMPLETELY PUBLIC AUCTION" and now this..... is there anything that retards wouldn't believe? These rumors aren't even smart, not to mention completely implausible, yet you guys are all over it just because a bunch of professional looking retard websites make articles about it to generate some traffic.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 02:17:03

Damn what is it, 2 weeks now? I feel so sorry for anyone who wants to play mk9 online :(

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 02:27:43

At 5/6/11 01:54 AM, Tekken9292 wrote: Honestly, first the whole "DEY R SELLING ALL DA KREDIT KARDZ IN 1 BIG BATCH, ON A COMPLETELY PUBLIC AUCTION" and now this..... is there anything that retards wouldn't believe? These rumors aren't even smart, not to mention completely implausible, yet you guys are all over it just because a bunch of professional looking retard websites make articles about it to generate some traffic.

You really shouldn't assume things, just because we are posting and commenting on rumors doesn't mean we believe in them, it's something to discuss and that pertains to this subject. In the thing you quote, you seem to have not read the "If this is legit" that I included, which doesn't imply I believe what I read. I also know that the person who wrote the article "heard on an irc channel" about this, I didn't include that out of sheer laziness, so I know this could easily be someone pulling shit out of thin air or just talking big.

Also this isn't implausible, it's unlikely, but not entirely out of the realm of possibility. As well if I recall, Anon usually gives a heads up about their attacks.

Maybe you should spend less time calling people retards and spend it being less of a retard yourself. As well maybe you should actually do some thinking before you assume such things, you only make yourself look stupider.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 02:30:11

At 5/6/11 01:54 AM, Tekken9292 wrote: Post.

Also why do you imply I act as if I know anything (Although I may have misread)? I merely found an article, copied the headline exactly and posted a tidbit (or I think in this case the whole article), hence the quotes.

And to think you called us retards, god if I'm a retard I could only imagine what you are.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 02:37:03

The point is that it's retarded enough to not deserve any speculation whatsoever. This is because it is simply stupid.

OLOLOLLOL PSN WILL BE BACK UP TOMORROW. I know cuz Kaz Hirai told me in a private convo.

There, are you now going to speculate on that stupid shit too, just because it is "within the realms of possibility"? Or can your bored mind perhaps resist making a big deal out of every baseless fact you hear?

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 02:39:30

Also, I'd much rather have everyone staying quiet, and discussing actual facts at hand, than to have people like you contributing to giant, fake, troll rumors that ultimately end up making the whole matter even more unpleasant than it is.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 02:59:33

At 5/6/11 02:39 AM, Tekken9292 wrote: Post

Using your logic, how can we know that anything is a fact without seeing it first hand. How do we know Sony was actually attacked? I mean they said they were, but where is the evidence that they can convey to the public? How do we know the PSN is coming back online? Sure they say it is, but without any proof we can't know for sure.

It's one thing to go around taking something that doesn't have a strong backing and preaching it like it's truth(which isn't what I did), it's another to take something, present it for the public to speculate their own opinions and discuss it (which is what I did).

Nothing I've said implies I believe things because they are in the realm of possibility, you said something was impossible I merely countered with it is possible. As well how can you tell I'm making a big deal out of it, do you have access to a hidden camera in my house? Can you monitor my every facial expression and emotion, you can't, you can only assume which is what your doing.

That's what you fail to realize, I merely took an article of interest, posted it here because it pertains to the subject at hand, in no way did I claim it was true, make a big deal out of it, or any of the other things your insinuating.

Also, I'd much rather have everyone staying quiet, and discussing actual facts at hand, than to have people like you contributing to giant, fake, troll rumors that ultimately end up making the whole matter even more unpleasant than it is.

Well what you want doesn't really apply considering NG caters to thousands of people, this isn't TekkenGrounds, it's Newgrounds, even then you haven't contributed anything to this conversation of fact (merely opinions) yet you claim you'd rather have people be quiet, take your own advice then and maybe others will follow.

Not to mention you can't say it's fake unless it can be proven, just like you can't say it's true unless it can be proven, so if you want to get technical your simply doing what I was except your just fighting the opposite opinion. Not to mention troll doesn't even apply in that article, learn what a troll is and stop throwing around the world like a 2 cent Vietnamese hooker like 80% of NG members do.

I don't think it makes anything anymore unpleasant then the reality of whats going on, in fact it's only unpleasant if you decide to perceive it that way, which ultimately isn't my problem.

ALSO TALKING LIKEA THIS DOESN"T GET OYUR POINTT ACROSSS NOR DOES IT MAKE WHATS YOU SAAYZ MORE VALIDD.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 03:01:22

At 5/6/11 02:39 AM, Tekken9292 wrote: Also, I'd much rather have everyone staying quiet, and discussing actual facts at hand, than to have people like you contributing to giant, fake, troll rumors that ultimately end up making the whole matter even more unpleasant than it is.

Then what is the point of having a conversation if all you want are cold hard facts? If you think about it, conversations are mostly made from and driven by rumors and speculation rather than spewing out facts like a robot. The whole point of talking is to discuss what one has heard and voice out their opinion while providing either evidence or reasonable logic. If you would rather know pure facts then leave any place where actual conversation takes place and just follow news posted up by Sony.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 03:22:34

At 5/6/11 02:39 AM, Tekken9292 wrote: Random Bullshit

Someone's mad.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 04:05:34

Ugh, when will it end? Getting sick of having to make do with single player.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 04:08:39

You've waited this long you can hold in there, but most signs point to by Sunday. It hasn't really bothered me on the count of I only have one game I can play online and even then they still have to fix problems with the game before online is even tolerable, but I'd still like the option.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 04:42:59

Just seen on PlayStation EU blog that final testing for the new system is going on today.

HURRY THE FUCK UP >:(

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 05:48:26

According to CNET, the hackers are planning to attack again. Here's hoping they leave us the fuck alone...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 14:40:42

PSN better get back up soon. I still haven't played Fancy Pants 3.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 16:08:26

Outdated software and no firewalls.

No one is allowed to make an RRoD joke ever again.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 16:22:05

At 5/6/11 04:08 PM, KeithHybrid wrote: No one is allowed to make an RRoD joke ever again.

We can make RRoD jokes, just like we can make YLoD (Yellow Light of Death) which is the equivalent of RRoD for the PS3.

I'm pretty lucky I got my PS3 a month or so after they were released and it still works, and I've had my Xbox for a year or 2 now. I'm sure when I turn either on after saying this they will be broke.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 16:30:25

At 5/6/11 04:29 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote: The hackers who caused this: Fatass fanatics who took it too far with debating X-Box over PS3.

You're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 16:42:56

At 5/6/11 04:29 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote: The hackers who caused this: Fatass fanatics who took it too far with debating X-Box over PS3.

Assuming that because they are hackers they are fat is pretty stupid. Assuming anything that is a stereotype is pretty stupid and it's best to cleanse your mouth of them.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 17:47:09

More like hacktivists who are pissed off at the fact that sony is attempting to press charges against those who hacked the PS3 and who distributed the knowledge to do so.

Read before you spout whatever drivel that runs through your mind.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 19:26:49

At 5/6/11 05:48 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: According to CNET, the hackers are planning to attack again. Here's hoping they leave us the fuck alone...

I'm thinking these hackers are actually doing this for publicity now.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 19:55:04

At 5/6/11 07:26 PM, Chdonga wrote: I'm thinking these hackers are actually doing this for publicity now.

It's unconfirmed and was overheard in a chat in some IRC channel, I posted an article to read more on the rumor. But who knows what they are planning, if they are in fact planning anything at all. Probably more talk then anything.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 22:29:50

I'm getting rarred up! I have mastered Marvel vs. capcom 3 single player! I can pull of 30 hit combos without using specials, I play the game on hard mode instead of normal mode, I have 67% of the titles, I beat 200 of the missions, IM READY TO PROVE MY SUPERIORITY! I'm ready, to kick some ASS ONLINE. Fear me first lords, IM YOUR NEW NIGHTMARE. Sentinel spammers will learn they will need to improve their tactics as now I know how to get over them! GRAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!

So what about you guys? Anything new you sexy beasts you?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 22:33:08

lol sweet, I've been playing MK here and there anticipating when I can play against real people.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 22:34:21

At 5/6/11 10:33 PM, zooos wrote: lol sweet, I've been playing MK here and there anticipating when I can play against real people.

You should do babalities instead of fatalities.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 22:36:57

Dear sweet,

You still have new Vegas.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 23:04:08

I would, but I'm not sure if I have to unlock them in the krypt before hand.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-07 00:42:01

I heard there is gonna be a third attack over the week-end.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-07 00:46:31

At least I can still watch Netflix shit on my stepbrother's PS3. It's nice that I can still do that.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-07 00:51:26

At 5/6/11 10:29 PM, sweet21 wrote:
So what about you guys? Anything new you sexy beasts you?

Nope, haven't touched PS3 in weeks.

Not even Yakuza and Sengoku Basara.