00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hans-with-Ze-Flamer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PSN down for up to 2 days

54,936 Views | 882 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 17:05:47

At 4/26/11 04:08 PM, GiantDouche wrote: wow this is like the great depression for socially inept 14 year old boys

I know.

Sacred wind tribe

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 17:20:23

This is pathetic.

Have to change my password on everything, AND cancel my debit card.

Fuck off Sony. Won't be giving you my information again.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 17:20:42

At 4/26/11 05:11 PM, Crink wrote: i am very glad i never purchased anything through psn.

Not too happy about leaked passwords and e-mails however. Good thing I used two alt e-mail accounts.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 17:20:54

I sure am happy that the only card I used to buy stuff off PSN has expired.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 17:21:30

5th Day... Oh Sony... please make it stop... I CAN'T TAKE THE WAITING ANYMORE!!!

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 17:26:27

At 4/26/11 05:11 PM, Crink wrote:
At 4/26/11 04:09 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: It looks like there are reports that Credit Cards linked via PSN are receiving fraudulent charges.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/2 6/update-on-playstation-network-and-qrio city/
i am very glad i never purchased anything through psn.

Some of the comments made me lol.
Loads of credit card details stolen and all one guy has to say is...

+ Tgebbs on April 26th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

What about our trophies? Are they safe?

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 17:32:21

At 4/26/11 05:26 PM, MetalDebug wrote: What about our trophies? Are they safe?

OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO BE BLOODY SAFE WHEN YOU ARE ALWAYS OFFLINE!!! Please forgive me for that part because I can't wait another day for PSN to come back up!

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 17:39:57

I guess when it comes to security, you get what you pay for.

c wat i did thar

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 17:58:15

At 4/26/11 05:39 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: I guess when it comes to security, you get what you pay for.
c wat i did thar

Yes, because nobody has ever been hacked on xbox.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 17:59:18

At 4/26/11 05:26 PM, MetalDebug wrote: What about our trophies? Are they safe?

Who cares about your inferior rewards?

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 18:09:10

At 4/26/11 05:39 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: I guess when it comes to security, you get what you pay for.
c wat i did thar

Damnit clock, do YOU have a life other than this? All you seem to do is bitch and complain and shoot down everything PSN users say. Go away, the forum is far larger than a single thread.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 18:34:46

At 4/26/11 05:58 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Yes, because nobody has ever been hacked on xbox.

Gaining access to a single person's account via social engineering =/= A massive personal info leak such as what has happened here.

At 4/26/11 06:09 PM, sweet21 wrote: Damnit clock, do YOU have a life other than this? All you seem to do is bitch and complain and shoot down everything PSN users say. Go away, the forum is far larger than a single thread.

How can I stay away when everyone is so easily angered? This has been a slow week for me, I'll be out of y'alls hair Thursday-ish. Feel free to plan a party if you care so much.

When have I bitched and or complained in this thread? Unless you mean all the correcting I've been doing to those trying to be witty with "Because Xbox has NEVER had that before..." posts.
and no u go away bro u obv. takin dis 2 srsly

PS, if you've read more closely, I've actually posted relevant non-troll stuff a couple times in this thread.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 18:41:07

Sony: Hackers have access to credit account info!

Uh Hooooooooooooooooo

All my shit is bought with PSN Cards

HAHAHAHA DUMBASSES.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 18:43:51

At 4/26/11 06:34 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote:
At 4/26/11 06:09 PM, sweet21 wrote:
When have I bitched and or complained in this thread? Unless you mean all the correcting I've been doing to those trying to be witty with "Because Xbox has NEVER had that before..." posts.
and no u go away bro u obv. takin dis 2 srsly

Coupled with an angry face, your inteligence seems to go down that much farther, stop using the emot. and maybe people will take you seriously, secondly respond in a manner that does not sound like you are on the offensive as it will only put others on offense. Lastly the emot. makes it seem like you are taking this too seriously.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 18:50:14

Is it still down?

NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

Gamertag: JuicyRumpSteak

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 19:06:23

At 4/26/11 06:43 PM, sweet21 wrote: Coupled with an angry face, your inteligence seems to go down that much farther, stop using the emot. and maybe people will take you seriously, secondly respond in a manner that does not sound like you are on the offensive as it will only put others on offense. Lastly the emot. makes it seem like you are taking this too seriously.

The mad as hell smiley is automated via Greasemonkey script. Check my post history, I've had it for months.
I'm on the offensive? I just like correcting people when they insist on defending PSN even when there is obviously a problem.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 19:24:33

At 4/26/11 07:06 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: The mad as hell smiley is automated via Greasemonkey script. Check my post history, I've had it for months.
I'm on the offensive? I just like correcting people when they insist on defending PSN even when there is obviously a problem.

I'm kind of behind in the whole discussion but correct me if I'm wrong, one of the things you are "correcting" is someone saying something along the lines of "You act like Xbox has never had downtime"?

If so, yes it has, maybe not to this extent or this long, but they have had down time. PSN has problems just like XBL has problems, that's the way life works, nothing is perfect. They both have their pros and cons, why can't people just accept that?

You also say you like to correct people trying to defend PSN, if the first thing I said was true then your technically trying to defend XBL.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 19:28:41

At 4/26/11 06:43 PM, sweet21 wrote: I judge people based on the smilies they use. Mad as Hell smilies are sign of subhuman logic

Sure sounds like Keith to me.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 19:30:27

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 19:35:59

At 4/26/11 07:24 PM, zooos wrote: I'm kind of behind in the whole discussion but correct me if I'm wrong, one of the things you are "correcting" is someone saying something along the lines of "You act like Xbox has never had downtime"?
If so, yes it has, maybe not to this extent or this long, but they have had down time. PSN has problems just like XBL has problems, that's the way life works, nothing is perfect. They both have their pros and cons, why can't people just accept that?

The only downtime posts I've replied to were the 2 that said "two weeks".
By saying two weeks they are trying to make this downtime via security breach seem okay. "Well PSN may be down but Xbox was down for 2 weeks so take that EtchASketchClock I bet you feel stupid now."

You also say you like to correct people trying to defend PSN, if the first thing I said was true then your technically trying to defend XBL.

What can I say, I know my Xbox. I especially like flexing said Xbox knowledge. Sue me. (LIKE SONY BWAHAHAHAHAHA)

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 19:39:37

At 4/26/11 07:30 PM, 36Holla wrote: Dear Playstation...

i lol'd

PSN down for up to 2 days

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 19:43:26

PS3 Mortal Kombat exclusive: Kratos. Xbox 360 Mortal Kombat exclusive: Online Play.

not my joke btw

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 19:46:19

"PSN was taken down on purpose. Sony plans to charge for it's services and is only doing this
to come up for a reason for doing so. New, more efficient servers and powerful security will
prevent any issues the previous PSN had, but at a cost."

Source

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 19:51:09

At 4/26/11 07:35 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: The only downtime posts I've replied to were the 2 that said "two weeks".
By saying two weeks they are trying to make this downtime via security breach seem okay. "Well PSN may be down but Xbox was down for 2 weeks so take that EtchASketchClock I bet you feel stupid now."

Yea that is a pretty stupid tactic (using two weeks). To be honest PSN users can't be too upset. There are a few exceptions(I.E. if you have one of those games that requires a constant connection to PSN) because the service is free (PS Premium? excluded). I mean it's like getting a free sandwich, being all happy then you take a bite, then you start bitching about how there's no bacon.

Not to mention it's a good bet that they weren't lying when they said it was due to an external intrusion, meaning they are probably not only trying to fix the "hole"/leak in their system but trying to instill something to prevent this from happening again. Do you want them to rush and get PSN back online and risk having your information stolen (or stolen again) just so you can play online. Or would you rather wait it out to hopefully allow them to patch up these security issues.

People bitch when they have and they bitch when they don't.

What can I say, I know my Xbox. I especially like flexing said Xbox knowledge. Sue me. (LIKE SONY BWAHAHAHAHAHA)

At least your honest and don't worry if they sue they'll eventually just settle. That way there's no apparent chance that modifying your PS3 will be legal. Just don't be ignorant and act like XBL is perfect, cause it's not, just like the PSN isn't. Like I've said before, they both have their pro's and con's.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 20:07:21

Well, I just had to change all my passwords that used the same password as my PSN account. Apparently password information and credit card information is getting leaked.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 20:38:35

Playstation was hacked.
Full size
it only does offline
Sony Comes Clean: PlayStation Network Hackers Have Stolen Personal Data

Brian Crecente - A security breach in the Playstation Network by still unidentified hackers resulted in stolen personal information, Sony confirmed today.

Sony says while personal information was likely stolen they don't believe credit card numbers were and that they hope to have the Playstation Network service back up within a week.

The news comes more than nine days after the intrusion and six days after Sony shut down both the Playstation Network and Qriocity services in reaction to the breach. Sony says they've hired a "recognized security firm" to conduct a complete investigation into what happened and have taken steps to enhance security and strengthen network infrastructure.

"We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network," Patrick Seybold, senior director of corporate communications for Sony Computer Entertainment of America, wrote on the official Playstation Blog today.

Among the possible information stolen:

Name
Address (city, state, zip)
Country
Email address
Birthdate
PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login and handle/PSN online ID.

"While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken," writes Seybold, "we cannot rule out the possibility."

"If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained," Seybold continues.

Senator is outraged

April 26, 2011

Mr. Jack Tretton
President and CEO
Sony Computer Entertainment America
919 East Hillsdale Boulevard
Foster City, CA USA 94404

Dear Mr. Tretton:

I am writing regarding a recent data breach of Sony's PlayStation Network service. I am troubled by the failure of Sony to immediately notify affected customers of the breach and to extend adequate financial data security protections.

It has been reported that on April 20, 2011, Sony's PlayStation Network suffered an "external intrusion" and was subsequently disabled. News reports estimate that 50 million to 75 million consumers - many of them children - access the PlayStation Network for video and entertainment. I understand that the PlayStation Network allows users to store credit card information online to facilitate the purchasing of content such as games and movies through the PlayStation Network. A breach of such a widely used service immediately raises concerns of data privacy, identity theft, and other misuse of sensitive personal and financial data, such as names, email addresses, and credit and debit card information.

When a data breach occurs, it is essential that customers be immediately notified about whether and to what extent their personal and financial information has been compromised. Additionally, PlayStation Network users should be provided with financial data security services, including free access to credit reporting services, for two years, the costs of which should be borne by Sony. Affected individuals should also be provided with sufficient insurance to protect them from the possible financial consequences of identity theft.

I am concerned that PlayStation Network users' personal and financial information may have been inappropriately accessed by a third party. Compounding this concern is the troubling lack of notification from Sony about the nature of the data breach. Although the breach occurred nearly a week ago, Sony has not notified customers of the intrusion, or provided information that is vital to allowing individuals to protect themselves from identity theft, such as informing users whether their personal or financial information may have been compromised. Nor has Sony specified how it intends to protect these consumers.

PlayStation Network users deserve more complete information on the data breach, as well as the assurance that their personal and financial information will be securely maintained. I appreciate your prompt response on this important issue.

Sincerely,

/s/

Richard Blumenthal
United States Senate

Fun stuff.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 20:49:24

At 4/26/11 07:58 PM, cast wrote: I somehow managed to log in earlier this morning, went to check my latest purchases and I guess I'm now the proud owner of a 2004 Dodge Viper.

You can by a car...off PSN?

If in reality, you checked your actual credit card purchases...why would you need PSN online to do that?

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 22:18:41

At 4/26/11 09:31 PM, Cootie wrote: I hope that there is SOME way to find out who did this so that they can get a legal spanking. I am sure they could sue the guys until poverty and then get them a couple years in jail. The fuckfaces deserve it.

Assuming they really tampered with credit card information, as that actually is a felony. And if they did, I hope that we can get 4chan to crack down on who did it. Those bastards can find anybody when in a pack.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 22:22:37

"I wanted to take this opporuntity to clarify a point and answer one of the most frequently asked questions today. There's a difference in timing between when we identified there was an intrusion and when we learned of consumers' data being compromised. We learned there was an intrusion April 19th and subsequently shut the services down. We then brought in outside experts to help us learn how the intrusion occurred and to conduct an investigation to determine the nature and scope of the incident. It was necessary to conduct several days of forensic analysis, and it took our experts until yesterday to understand the scope of the breach. We then shared that information with our consumers and announced it publicly this afternoon. For those who were looking there's also an FAQ with some more frequently asked questions Thank you for your continued patience and support."

- Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-04-26 22:41:38

At 4/26/11 07:43 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: PS3 Mortal Kombat exclusive: Kratos. Xbox 360 Mortal Kombat exclusive: Online Play.
not my joke btw

Xbox gets cyber sub-zero.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature