00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Quezzyman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PSN down for up to 2 days

54,994 Views | 882 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-01 17:46:16

At 5/1/11 02:57 PM, SouthAsian wrote: So do we permanently get to keep all the free stuff when we use our free membership. It would suck to have it all be taken away.Also I deeply appreciate that the Sony Exec bowed, which showed to me their great respect.

I doubt they would take away free items, that would be counter productive I think.

"Sony Considers Reimbursing Credit Card Replacement Costs in Light of Data Breach"

The title is slightly misleading so take a look at the article.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-01 19:48:39

At 5/1/11 07:06 PM, Cootie wrote: So, when the PSN comes back online EVERYBODY that had an account will gain a month of Plus and therefor get tons of free stuff? Sounds good to me, what PS1 game are you guys gonna get for free?

Where did you hear this? Im getting some free themes is what im getting! I need something new. As for games, Lets see what shows up, crash Bandicoot was free I think right?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-01 20:01:19

At 5/1/11 07:06 PM, Cootie wrote: So, when the PSN comes back online EVERYBODY that had an account will gain a month of Plus and therefor get tons of free stuff? Sounds good to me, what PS1 game are you guys gonna get for free?

Assuming it doesn't take effect until May 4th, the free content will be:
Streets of Rage 2
James Pond 2: Robocod
Babel, the King of the Blocks
The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

Plus the avatars and themes and demos and shit.

Depending on when it starts, you'll either get access to this month's (Sonic 2, Red Factions: Battlegrounds, Prince of Persia Classic, Creatures 3: Raised in Space, Dual Invaders, Dynogems, Pain, ), or June's, which haven't been announced yet.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-01 20:57:20

XD all you butt hurt noobs just should have gotten a REAL console instead!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBaIlmA8o Jo

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-01 21:34:05

At 5/1/11 08:57 PM, Frank wrote: XD all you butt hurt noobs just should have gotten a REAL console instead!!!

Hell yeah! You should have gotten a N64!

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-01 22:00:51

At 5/1/11 02:57 PM, SouthAsian wrote: So do we permanently get to keep all the free stuff when we use our free membership. It would suck to have it all be taken away.Also I deeply appreciate that the Sony Exec bowed, which showed to me their great respect.

If the free stuff is from Plus, then no you will not. Thats not how plus operates, keep your subscription keep your free games and DLC. However anything purchased at a discount is permanent afterwords. Any Plus virgins out there, it'll tell you at purchase if a PLUS subscription is necessary to keep the content you've selected. 30 days of plus is neat for those who've never tried it, but in the end, it's only really worth it if used long term.

That said, they'll probably have deals that wont be Plus related. And they might just kick up the value of the plus items being given for the 30 days.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-01 22:04:12

also forgot, turns out the store wont be operational right away(apparently by end of may) so if they give you the free plus before that there's really no point to having it. Dunno how they're gunna make that work.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-01 22:36:20

At 5/1/11 10:04 PM, narf wrote: also forgot, turns out the store wont be operational right away(apparently by end of may)

It looks like they just trolled us all.

Fuck you give me money!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 01:15:45

At 5/1/11 08:57 PM, Frank wrote: XD all you butt hurt noobs just should have gotten a REAL console instead!!!

Busting out the BK Racer game earns you a "like."

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 07:54:11

Sony has called in the FBI to help stop the hackers (and maybe, help speed up the process), so whoever hacked the PSN is going to be sorry for good.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 08:20:55

At 4/21/11 06:06 PM, darkrchaos wrote: It wouldn't be that bad if the game companys would make games that aren't completely based online.
Thankfully i still have Just Cause 2 from last year so i'll work on getting the 75% trophy until it turns back on.

*Turns Over to Media Molecule.*
I mean, seriously. LBP is ony good when you're online. Playing the game ofline is like watching paint dry.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 08:27:07

At 5/2/11 07:54 AM, Overlord-Doomsday wrote: Sony has called in the FBI to help stop the hackers (and maybe, help speed up the process), so whoever hacked the PSN is going to be sorry for good.

Have you been living under a rock for the last week or so?

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 08:35:23

At 5/1/11 07:06 PM, Cootie wrote: Sounds good to me, what PS1 game are you guys gonna get for free?

Free PS1 games? I'd much rather get the physical copies of PS1 games but if I can get a few for free I really shouldn't complain. Is there a list of games that are marked as free as a compensation? I have a few games in mind but it depends if they're part of this offer.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 10:38:24

At 5/2/11 08:35 AM, Bahamut wrote: Free PS1 games? I'd much rather get the physical copies of PS1 games but if I can get a few for free I really shouldn't complain. Is there a list of games that are marked as free as a compensation? I have a few games in mind but it depends if they're part of this offer.

Well from what I've gathered each month you have PSN Plus you get a bunch of free games. You can only keep them as long as you keep your subscription going. But there is still the "free" thing that is to be announced;

"Selected PlayStation entertainment content" will also be offered for free, on a region-by-region basis, as a welcome-back inducement. The content type was not specified, only that "it will be announced in each region soon."

Also I need to start reading articles more thoroughly; Sony Says 10 Million Credit Card Account May Have Been Compromised.

"Hirai said the owners of 10 million PSN accounts have been notified that their credit card information may have been compromised. However, the three-digit CVV number on the back of the card, required for purchases over the Internet, was definitely not compromised."

To be honest, I don't know if I can believe that last part. How many days until a new headline, "Sony Says CVV Numbers Were Compromised" appears.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 18:30:56

At 5/2/11 08:35 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 5/1/11 07:06 PM, Cootie wrote: Sounds good to me, what PS1 game are you guys gonna get for free?
Free PS1 games? I'd much rather get the physical copies of PS1 games but if I can get a few for free I really shouldn't complain. Is there a list of games that are marked as free as a compensation? I have a few games in mind but it depends if they're part of this offer.

Well, they do say that we all should deserve a free game for worth the waiting, so fingers crossed, and we'll see what free game that we can choose out of the PSN Store (if its going to be...)

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 19:00:59

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 19:02:56

At 5/2/11 07:00 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: Just when Sony thought it was over, their SOE site got compromised, with more information stolen.

Serious?? No joke???

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 19:04:36

At 5/2/11 07:00 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: Just when Sony thought it was over, their SOE site got compromised, with more information stolen.

"A spokesperson said this was not a second attack, and the temporary take down of SOE services was related to the ongoing investigation of the external intrusion that occurred in April against PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. "

But yep, snowball effect.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 19:09:42

At 5/2/11 07:04 PM, zooos wrote: But yep, snowball effect.

Damn I forgot to add this snippet.

"Sony's security problems continue to mount, as Sony Online Entertainment reveals that the personal information of 24.6 million SOE accounts and more than 12,700 credit card numbers may have been compromised in the massive attack that brought down the PlayStation Network late last month."

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 19:56:42

HOLY SHIT GUYS, DO YOU THINK ITS A COINCIDENCE THAT BIN LADEN WAS KILLED DURING THE PSN DOWNTIME?

U.S. intelligence realized that Osama Bin Laden must have purchased a PS3 at one point or another, and he must have put in his real name and address on the account info.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 20:07:58

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 21:23:32

Okay...seriously...this is bullshit.

If Sony can't stop these attacks, then they really don't have any business in the games industry.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 21:51:04

At 5/2/11 09:23 PM, KeithHybrid wrote: Okay...seriously...this is bullshit.

If Sony can't stop these attacks, then they really don't have any business in the games industry.

According to the article half of the cards found were useless and expired lol. Also its only being reported on one site which isn't enough of a confirmation. Could be a false report, like the many thats happend in the last 2 weeks.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 21:55:04

Xbox Live is still up. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 21:56:34

At 5/2/11 08:07 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: What is this I don't even...

It's very easy to get select comments and post them up claiming that all comments are like that.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-02 22:20:19

At 5/2/11 09:55 PM, Anti-pie wrote: Xbox Live is still up. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

If Xbox Live had the same problem as PSN, I would be pleased...

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 00:28:03

At 5/2/11 09:51 PM, narf wrote: According to the article half of the cards found were useless and expired lol. Also its only being reported on one site which isn't enough of a confirmation. Could be a false report, like the many thats happend in the last 2 weeks.

Actually there 3 different sites posted within this thread alone that say that.

Destructoid.com
Kotaku.com
Ign.com

Sony sure can't catch a break.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 02:41:37

At 5/2/11 07:56 PM, Yokumashu wrote: HOLY SHIT GUYS, DO YOU THINK ITS A COINCIDENCE THAT BIN LADEN WAS KILLED DURING THE PSN DOWNTIME?

U.S. intelligence realized that Osama Bin Laden must have purchased a PS3 at one point or another, and he must have put in his real name and address on the account info.

Really? I was under the impression that Laden was killed a few years ago, and the US government was saving the info for when America became panicky, like the PSN fiasco.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 04:04:38

At 5/2/11 09:55 PM, Anti-pie wrote: Xbox Live is still up. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

What do you want, a medal?

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 04:50:15

Yes but you have to pay for the privilege of using it.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature