00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Greaze01 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PSN down for up to 2 days

54,931 Views | 882 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 11:25:18

At 5/3/11 04:50 AM, Quinny wrote:
At 5/2/11 09:55 PM, Anti-pie wrote: Xbox Live is still up. Just thought I'd let you guys know.
Yes but you have to pay for the privilege of using it.

And still have to play with an uncomfortable shitty controller that takes batteries.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 11:56:33

At 5/2/11 09:55 PM, Anti-pie wrote: Xbox Live is still up. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

And do you know what that money goes towards?

Keeping shit like what's happening to PSN from happening.

QQ moar

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 12:14:16

At 5/3/11 11:25 AM, illuminate wrote:
And still have to play with an uncomfortable shitty controller that takes batteries.

And it doesn't have any good exclusives.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 12:18:07

At 5/3/11 11:56 AM, KeithHybrid wrote: Keeping shit like what's happening to PSN from happening.

Really, can you prove this cause I highly doubt they security is that much better if even.

I quote someone from one of the articles in this thread...

"The difference between Xbox and Sony and is one will tell you about a situation like this happening, the other will keep it under raps and downplay it as "server maintenance"."

Also I wanted to add 2 things, the SOE hack was done around the same time the PSN was hacked into, it's not a new hack it was just newly discovered. Also, the passwords weren't stored in clear text, they were "transformed cryptographic hash function".

I'm just going to stick to the Playstation Blog for my information.

Xbox trolls, like regular trolls but now with extra stupid!

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 15:10:12

At 5/3/11 01:55 PM, Cootie wrote:
And, still have to buy a Blu-Ray player.

And have you have to buy a new one every 6 months because they break easier than dollar store condoms.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 16:04:52

Alright, we can stop the fanboy bickering now. Otherwise I'll be calling it a day for this thread.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 16:06:10

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance
Retardation

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 16:09:31

At 5/3/11 03:10 PM, Me-Patch wrote:
At 5/3/11 01:55 PM, Cootie wrote:
And, still have to buy a Blu-Ray player.
And have you have to buy a new one every 6 months because they break easier than dollar store condoms.

Hey guys, when you're done responding to the obvious troll post and giving it attention, you might want to focus on the whole point of this topic which, if you're paying attention, wasn't about you trying to justify your console purchase to yourself like a typical PS3 fanboy.

PSN is still down, Sony lost a few million users credit card info, they did a bad job of letting their customers know about the breach, and they're letting us have PSN+ for a month to try to make up for the outage and recoup expected user base losses from their service. Discuss.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 16:59:10

I don't give a fuck about either console, it was a good joke.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 18:17:26

I was hoping when Sony said PSN would come back up this week that their process would start Tuesday. Dunno why I got that idea....they said it will go:
FIRST, online gaming
SECOND, something about Qriocity
THIRD, something really hazy
FOURTH, something about soda popinski's real name being Vodka drunkovski.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 18:55:14

At 5/3/11 04:04 PM, Bahamut wrote: Alright, we can stop the fanboy bickering now. Otherwise I'll be calling it a day for this thread.

Please do. My curiosity gets the best of me in this threads. I want to unlearn...

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 18:56:22

At 5/3/11 06:55 PM, FirstBaby wrote:
At 5/3/11 04:04 PM, Bahamut wrote: Alright, we can stop the fanboy bickering now. Otherwise I'll be calling it a day for this thread.
Please do. My curiosity gets the best of me in this threads. I want to unlearn...

SHUT-UP! Where else will PSN users share their grievances?!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 19:06:39

At 5/3/11 06:56 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 5/3/11 06:55 PM, FirstBaby wrote:
SHUT-UP! Where else will PSN users share their grievances?!

Nowhere. If psn get's intruduced then xbox fans will come on in and say "Sonyfaggots!"
Then psn will reply with "They are doing their best!"
Xbox"Well..."
"In that article___."
Etc.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-03 19:33:20

At 4/21/11 03:53 PM, Quinny wrote: If it turns that those Anonymous morons pulled this off I'm going to be pissed. Getting all butthurt because some hacker got done for breaching the terms and conditions.

Story here

Well, down for 13 days.

Total EPICNESS doesen't fade

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 00:23:33

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 01:22:12

I have just been told by my little brother that PSN had another meeting, and they are going to give all PSN users a 'Welcome Back' pressie for a free 30 day PSN Plus and they may give away free content, but it hasn't been released yet...

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 05:07:31

At 5/3/11 11:56 AM, KeithHybrid wrote: And do you know what that money goes towards?

Keeping shit like what's happening to PSN from happening.

QQ moar

Go be an annoying smug fanboy elsewhere
Also aren't you that same person that was on the forums months ago and either had a fucking massive boner for Nintendo or wanted Nintendo to burn in hell or something?

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 06:13:01

At 5/4/11 03:04 AM, logic wrote: I recall Xbox Live having an outage too

http://www.crunchgear.com/2007/09/26/hal o-3-causes-xbox-live-to-crap-out/

Really, Stop being such a fanboy. It's not like our lives even revolve around the PSN so you ain't even doing anyone harm other then being an annoying prick.

That was just massive slowdown due to an influx of users.
Hell, that article isn't even for the holiday "2 week downtime lolol" slowdown.

Besides, I'd prefer Xbox be slow due to too many users than down because they were just hacked into and got a bunch of personal info stolen.

Really, Stop feeding the obvious trolls and calling them the fanboy when it isyou who were inclined to retaliate for whatever reason. (Even more wrongly than others. Your post just screams "I heard someone mention it so I just Googled a link in an attempt to look smart.")

QQ Moar

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 07:00:29

I can't play Xbox online either. Generally, when I play a game with anyone else in this house (Which is almost unavoidable) I have serious connection issues. Since I have the wireless adapter and my brother is directly connected, he has priority apparently. Maybe it's just Black Ops, but I get the little plug symbol every 3 damn steps and jump all over the place. It's turned me away from that console.

I've had many previous grievances with Xbox and Microsoft, including that recent situation. Others include:
-NAT incompatibility. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Xbox is the only console with this stupid issue.
-Inability to run downloaded copy of Psychonauts. I paid 20 bucks for it and never got to play it. Their solutions didn't help at all. I might have to go through support...
-The red ring. Every console our family has owned has gotten the RRoD. Some twice. Three of them were caused by power bricks (The power source with the big block on it) having issues, which fried Xboxs simply by being connected and on.
-(Previously) bad customer support. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it still kinda pisses me off. I think they fixed that problem though, because last time I tried I got immediate assistance. No waiting.
-The way they treat their game developers is bogus. Ever wonder why Team Fortress 2 sucks on the Xbox? Microsoft wants to charge VALVe for every single update they want to put in. It's not chump change either. They want users to pay for the many, many updates because Microsoft wants more money than they will ever need.

This problem with PSN pisses me off, of course, but at least it isn't directly the company's fault. I can't blame them for being targeted or successfully hacked. Nothing is foolproof. I've had no other problems with their console other than that (Even my Nintendo Wii had burnt out, RRoD style. Lost all memory and downloaded content permanently). I love the content they provide, and I love that they're working with VALVe now. Hopefully when the merge is complete, they'll transfer some TF2 goodies over. I hope this whole issue is fixed up and the bastard who did it is apprehended and jail-raped.

All of the people who are blaming Anonymous, get your heads out of your ass. Anonymous IS the general public, and wouldn't target itself. The guy who hacked Sony for credit cards used their attacks as an opportunity to do it, because there was someone else to blame. It's all an unfortunate mess.

He Slams His Fists Against The Posts And Still Insists He Sees The Ghosts

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 15:59:25

At 5/4/11 02:36 PM, logic wrote: umm lol actually no, My Sister has a 360. During that time she couldn't log in for 3 days. I was merely mentioning that no network is perfect and they have both gone done before. ( Also before you mention connection she was hardwired and my PS3 at the time worked perfectly. ) Also if hes not being an obvious fanboy and you can't see that, You're fucking retarded.

But it wasn't down. Think of a site that gets too many hits and slows down due to the traffic. They aren't down, just slow and unreachable for many.
And if you couldn't see/didn't realize that he was an obvious troll, You're fucking retarded.

Oh and one more thing. Saying ' QQ MOAR '' LOL INTERNET L33T, Yeah that doesn't make you cool or funny. As a matter a fact it ruined the credibility of your post.

I was gonna say something about this tidbit but then this came after...

Then again i wouldn't expect much from someone who spends all day on Xbox Live.

...Then I realized that that statement did my job for me. Throwing around the term "fanboy" and then making a statement as childish as that one is hilarious.

With a name like "logic" you'd think you would have at least an ounce of it but I guess not.

------

Have I yet mentioned how much I love this thread? Not because of the subject matter (It is quite awful that this happened.), but the people trying to defend PlayStation against any mention of Xbox any way they can.

...And I wonder how many times I've pointed out that the 2 week Xbox Live "downtime" was actually not downtime. I feel like a broken record.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 16:30:35

Logic, no point in arguing, your better off trying to put gravel in between your butt cheeks and squeezing out diamonds, you'll get more results that way.

But I will say that this statement by Etch;

but the people trying to defend PlayStation against any mention of Xbox any way they can.

Is ironic in the fact that he is doing the exact same with Xbox, defending it any way he can. Even when it's uncalled for ( but not as much as some of the other people in this thread ).

You can't make a sun the moon, it will always be the sun no matter how hard you try to change it.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 16:36:43

Sorry in advance if this has already been asked, but I'm not here to read all 15 pages of the topic. My question is: Could they have taken credit card info that you used for netflix on the ps3? Sorry if that's a stupid question...

I can’t believe you’ve done this.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 16:39:56

Hey guys, don't believe what anybody else says, the xbox can't be hacked.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 17:21:24

At 5/4/11 04:39 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Hey guys, don't believe what anybody else says, the xbox can't be hacked.

UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGH

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 17:25:06

At 5/4/11 04:08 PM, logic wrote: This doesn't at all imply fanboyism, I didn't mention playstation being better in any way. I just said '' I wouldn't expect much from someone who spends their time on Xbox Live. ''

First let me put the correct quote here....

Then again i wouldn't expect much from someone who spends all day on Xbox Live.

There we go.
I didn't mention fanboyism. I said you keep throwing the term fanboy around then you used Xbox Live as an insult out of nowhere, like a child. The inclusion of "spends all day" in particular is where it is clear it was meant as an insult. Why even include that line at all?

You might wanna stop being a dumb fuck for one second and listen to what people are saying. Also the word troll gets thrown around too easily these days. This kid isn't a troll, He's a fucking fanboy. You just don't wanna associate him with yourself because well, I don't blame you hes a complete dumb prick but him throwing around his retarded fucking opinion doesn't make him a troll automatically.

(Before I say anything, how come nobody can argue without profanity? It's unprofessional and makes you look like a child.)
Anyway,
What are people saying? There wasn't a quote above that and I don't understand what you mean by that. You didn't even elaborate you just jumped straight into your next profane ramble.
I'd almost agree with you but his "fanboy" posts in this thread have sarcastic tones to them.

Aren't you doing the same thing, But vice versa? If you don't have a PSN account why the fuck are you even posting in here? To stroke your own cock and brag about you can play CALL OF DUTY LOL online while the rest of us might actually do something constructive like read a book Or go outside while we wait?

See, here is even more childishness. Why do you try so hard?
So by going and correcting people who try to put down Xbox Live only for the sake of putting it down because somebody made a "This Xbox Live sure is fun lolol" post means I'm "stroking my own cock and bragging because I can play CALL OF DUTY LOL"? (That must be a new one, is it as terrible as the rest?)
lol.

But I will say that this statement by Etch;
Is ironic in the fact that he is doing the exact same with Xbox, defending it any way he can. Even when it's uncalled for ( but not as much as some of the other people in this thread ).

I wouldn't be posting anything if people stopped claiming wrong things in their posts. I realize how much of a fanboy I sound like and may be when I post this stuff, but I just want to get the truth out. There may be a couple cases in this thread where that isn't the case, but most of them that can be applied to this are.

Stuff like this is what I am referencing here:

At 5/4/11 04:39 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Hey guys, don't believe what anybody else says, the xbox can't be hacked.

Just whatever jabs people throw out in an attempt to be witty or otherwise.

In response to that:
It (Xbox Live and homebrew on retail) hasn't been hacked yet. And if it does, I'll eat my hat and all these words (Delicious). Until then it has not and I feel justified to point that out.

I even invite you all to flood my inbox if such things ever happen. With what exactly, I don't know. As I'd probably know about it days or even weeks before you would. But please do if you so wish.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 17:29:14

At 5/4/11 05:21 PM, FirstBaby wrote:
UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGH

And that, my friends is a brief summary of the shit that's been going on between the PS3 users and the 360 users.

Both consoles have their flaws, and both have good things to them.

PS3, has great single player exclusives and Xbox 360 has great online games and makes a great pedestal for my Nintendo 64.

Now, both groups of people, kiss and make up.

Moving on, what's the current status of PSN's online? I'm hearing rumors from everyone that it's coming up the day after today.

Fuck you give me money!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 17:30:19

Hey guys mind if I distract you?
The wii is better then that other trash.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 17:49:49

So, playstation answered some questions to the U.S. house of representatives. Sony reported that in one of their servers they found a file titled "anonymous" inside was a message that read "we are legion." Anonymous lied to us....

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 17:51:14

At 5/4/11 05:49 PM, sweet21 wrote: Anonymous lied to us....

Not much of a surprise there.

Fuck you give me money!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 17:54:25

Anyone remember this face from the indifference thread?