00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Quezzyman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PSN down for up to 2 days

54,996 Views | 882 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 17:57:36

At 5/4/11 05:49 PM, sweet21 wrote: So, playstation answered some questions to the U.S. house of representatives. Sony reported that in one of their servers they found a file titled "anonymous" inside was a message that read "we are legion." Anonymous lied to us....

I'm waiting to see how this plays out. I'm skeptical on whether Anonymous had any involvement here.
Even given Anons nature, leaving such a file would seems very foolish (to me).

I'd say this is a set up, but as I said, I'll wait till this plays out some before I start standing by that opinion.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 17:57:54

At 5/4/11 04:39 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Hey guys, don't believe what anybody else says, the xbox can't be hacked.

DAMMIT! My plan to ruin Microsoft has been ruined!

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 17:58:20

At 5/4/11 05:51 PM, Chdonga wrote:
At 5/4/11 05:49 PM, sweet21 wrote: Anonymous lied to us....
Not much of a surprise there.

So what now, is this going to end up being some long conga line of "sony sues hackers," "butt hurt anon. members try and hack Sony," "Sony arrests those hackers," "more butthurt anon. members" until one of the two parties gives up?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-04 19:24:59

At 5/4/11 06:14 PM, logic wrote: Because you find it nessiccary to be here and talk shit for no reason. You aren't a PSN user. Why come here just to add tension?
Please don't try to play the '' Maturity role '' It doesn't work well and you just sound like an arse. Unprofessional? I didn't know this was a business. Welcome to the Internet.

I just find it odd that so many people have to use so much profanity when trying to argue something. There are ways to emphasize things without saying fucking before it. It wasn't necessarily a personal jab, just a gripe I wanted to point out.
And this may not be a business, but credibility is definitely lost when every other word is "fuck" or "shit".
It can also show anger, which drops more credibility.

It didn't seem necessary for you to give your two cents, You just added tension on top of the tension already had with that blowhard jerk going around pissing people off. You should of seen it coming with all the insults already flying around here due to the undesirables fucking around.

...I'm sorry that people get offended so easily? If you don't want all this "tension" then why even reply to him in the first place? What were you trying to prove by saying "I recall Xbox Live being down too"? Aside from causing the tension he wanted (sure sounds like trolling hmm), nothing.

So you're always right huh? Yes you do sound like a fanboy and your so called '' truth '' is biased so please stop claiming that everything you've said is nothing but the truth.

Where is this bias you speak of? Xbox Live really wasn't "down". The only bias here is why I even bother to keep posting about it.

Even if there isn't hacking theres still loads of hex editing, Modding and other illegal crap to gain an edge in the game that isn't accessible to PSN users. The 360 has faults as well but you seem to be in denial.

...Which is why I put (Xbox live or homebrew on retail) in there. I know that it can be modded in many ways as I love doing that kind of stuff. Hell, I myself even found a *certain* exploit that cost Microsoft money. Don't try and preach to me about what I know.
You can mod all the saves in the world and grief online players with cheats all day using your modified ISO running via a DVD firmware hack, but you are still very limited to what you can do in the long run without access to homebrew. There is no denial here, just no proper comparison to what has happened with PS3/PSN.

Come to think of it, when I say "homebrew on retail", replace that with "leaked signing key". It is more accurate.
You seem to have a high image of yourself, Why don't you get off the high horse and join the rest of us your majesty?

In this particular conversation about modding, yes, I am putting myself on a high horse because I love it and most importantly I understand it.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 07:47:13

Why can't systems and fan's of said systems just coincide in peace.

PSN down for up to 2 days

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 11:58:23

I want my
I want my
I want my PSN

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 13:41:01

At 5/4/11 05:57 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote: I'd say this is a set up, but as I said, I'll wait till this plays out some before I start standing by that opinion.

You might even be right. According to Anonymous they aren't responsible for the attack.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 14:12:54

At 5/5/11 02:05 PM, Cootie wrote: I thought people were saying that it worked again? I tried playing some online last night and it didn't work. This is starting to piss me off. The amount of time this is taking is absurd.

The week isn't over yet. ;)
There will no doubt be a slight rush to get it going before the weekend.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 14:18:55

Here's a link to Anonymous' statement on the accusations.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1166221p 1.html

They have some good points.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 15:02:21

Seriously you guys, this isn't even fun to read about anymore.

Stop raging about who has the best fucking deductive argument.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 15:04:11

At 5/5/11 07:47 AM, zooos wrote: Why can't systems and fan's of said systems just coincide in peace.

I can't really read what's on that piece of paper.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 15:08:37

At 5/5/11 03:04 PM, KeithHybrid wrote:
At 5/5/11 07:47 AM, zooos wrote: Why can't systems and fan's of said systems just coincide in peace.

Its the person's user name grandpa

I think...

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 15:09:36

^^ above link; someone else hacked into Sony? Why is it so easy all of a sudden to hack into Sony!

I know hacking into Microsoft would be like putting your balls on a silver platter from the way that they do things. So I think the same should be true for Sony. In the up top Microsoft world every-bodies password becomes invalid after 1 minute or so.

Whoever hacked Sony must be high enough in the company. Or their network security is really that bad. Mind you allowing people uncharted access into the PS3 which, even if it established network tunnels between Sony and their servers seems an obvious means of exploit.

I dunno. Just thinking some logistics.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 15:11:25

At 5/5/11 03:04 PM, KeithHybrid wrote:

Love

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 15:14:18

Apparently the PSN network didnt have any firewalls

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 15:16:52

At 5/5/11 03:09 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: ^^ above link; someone else hacked into Sony? Why is it so easy all of a sudden to hack into Sony!

My Link? No, This was all a single attack.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 16:33:00

At 5/5/11 03:04 PM, KeithHybrid wrote: I can't really read what's on that piece of paper.

Ode to shitty camera phone pics, well that's what you get with a 10$ phone. All it says is my name, because every time I get called a fanboy I'm going to whip this out even though you can't read it but you get the gist.

I play for all three teams, I'm a trisexual to consoles. (quad if you count the Wii)

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 16:44:09

I thought they said it would be back today or tomorrow.
Anyone know when it will actually be back.
I need to play some Portal 2 co-op, and it's hard on my own.

Pm me for a pleasant conversation or for help with anything.

Thanks to JebbaL for the awesome sig.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 16:56:54

At 5/5/11 04:44 PM, atypop wrote: I thought they said it would be back today or tomorrow.
Anyone know when it will actually be back.
I need to play some Portal 2 co-op, and it's hard on my own.

Nah, they said by the end of the week. But as of right now no new information has been announced.

Anyone else find it suspicious that Sony found a file left behind from these attacks with the title "Anonymous" and inside it contained there "slogan". Seems like whoever did this was defiantly trying to plant a scapegoat.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 18:22:00

I sure hope we get our PSN back up tomorrow! Crackle.com has some the shittiest movies I have ever seen.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 18:59:53

I can't wait till it gets back online, I just got Motorstorm and can't wait to play online. I wounder what they will give us free maybe a PS1 game or that PSN zombie game.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 19:32:46

At 5/5/11 06:54 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: I love how the title of this thread is "PSN down for up to 2 days", yet it was created 2 weeks ago.

If you actually read the OP article below the updates, it was assumed it would be back after a few days. This of course was before Sony learned of the security breach(es, as it turned out SOE was hit too at the same time) that would keep it down for 2 weeks.

So the title was correct at the time it was posted.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 19:54:29

I wanted to play MAG a long time ago.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 20:53:31

PSN Blog - May 5th

"We are also moving ahead with plans to help protect our customers from identity theft around the world. A program for U.S. PlayStation Network and Qriocity customers that includes a $1 million identity theft insurance policy per user was launched earlier today and announcements for other regions will be coming soon."

"In the coming days, we will restore service to the networks and welcome you back to the fun."

So insuring customers sounds really nice.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 21:10:05

At 5/5/11 08:53 PM, zooos wrote: PSN Blog - May 5th

"We are also moving ahead with plans to help protect our customers from identity theft around the world. A program for U.S. PlayStation Network and Qriocity customers that includes a $1 million identity theft insurance policy per user was launched earlier today and announcements for other regions will be coming soon."

"In the coming days, we will restore service to the networks and welcome you back to the fun."

So insuring customers sounds really nice.

Sounds like some good news. From the sounds of stuff they should easily have it up by this weekend. I can't wait to get back to playing on PSN.

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 22:02:19

At 5/5/11 06:59 PM, darkrchaos wrote: I can't wait till it gets back online, I just got Motorstorm and can't wait to play online. I wounder what they will give us free maybe a PS1 game or that PSN zombie game.

Everyone gets a free month of playstation plus.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 22:28:01

At 5/5/11 10:02 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 5/5/11 06:59 PM, darkrchaos wrote: I can't wait till it gets back online, I just got Motorstorm and can't wait to play online. I wounder what they will give us free maybe a PS1 game or that PSN zombie game.
Everyone gets a free month of playstation plus.

Which means free Sonic 2

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 22:35:56

"Sony May Be Hit By A Third Attack This Weekend"

"Sony may be hit by yet another attack this weekend. According to CNET, hackers are planning to attack Sony's website in the next few days. The attack is said to be a response to Sony's handling of the PSN security breach. The plan would be to publicize some or all of the data hackers were able to find on Sony's servers. This would potentially include the names, addresses and credit card numbers of more than 75 million PSN users."

If this is legit this makes no fucking sense, specifically the "The attack is said to be a response to Sony's handling of the PSN security breach."

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-05 22:43:37

At 5/5/11 10:35 PM, zooos wrote: If this is legit this makes no fucking sense, specifically the "The attack is said to be a response to Sony's handling of the PSN security breach."

I don't understand either. Why are they doing this? It's like they just won't stop, like they have some sort of personal grudge against SONY. I mean most hackers would have been satisfied with just getting card numbers but this is ridiculous, they just keep going. It's not just Sony they are affecting at this point, but the customers. I hope Sony's security upgrades are improved enough to handle the attack if it's true. I hope these guys are just bullshitting.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to PSN down for up to 2 days 2011-05-06 00:24:15

Turns out the hackers were just assholes rather than doing this for greater justice against a giant corporation. Go figure.

BBS Signature