00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

793,707 Views | 8,818 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-22 19:27:02

Hey gang, guess who procrastinated again?

However, given that I'm on the top floor and it was sunny today, my room is still a veritable sauna at half midnight. So in lieu of sleep I'll try and beat Steph to update time by getting through at least the audio. Seems like there's a fair few relatively short tracks this time, so hopefully it'll only take the five hours or so. ;D

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-22 20:36:21

At 5/22/10 07:27 PM, Animith wrote: Hey gang, guess who procrastinated again?

However, given that I'm on the top floor and it was sunny today, my room is still a veritable sauna at half midnight. So in lieu of sleep I'll try and beat Steph to update time by getting through at least the audio. Seems like there's a fair few relatively short tracks this time, so hopefully it'll only take the five hours or so. ;D

Hah, Animih, I bet you'll not take my place... I'll only lose the bet if I get my fat ass to work...

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-22 21:08:40

At 5/22/10 08:36 PM, RogerBK wrote:
At 5/22/10 07:27 PM, Animith wrote: Hey gang, guess who procrastinated again?

Hah, Animih, I bet you'll not take my place... I'll only lose the bet if I get my fat ass to work...

Have you learned nothing about what a mistake it is to goad me into things, Roger? xD
If I have the inclination or consciousness to do so I may just have to try and get 100% this week just to annoy you! :P

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-22 22:07:12

At 5/22/10 09:08 PM, Animith wrote:
Have you learned nothing about what a mistake it is to goad me into things, Roger? xD

Call me "Review Master" please.

If I have the inclination or consciousness to do so I may just have to try and get 100% this week just to annoy you! :P

**tch... I hate being a lazy bastard...

That's it, lost one more position... STOP REQUESTING AUDIOOOOO!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 00:04:43

At 5/22/10 10:07 PM, RogerBK wrote: Call me "Review Master" please.

Ahaha, if anyone deserves that absurd title, it's Steph!
You're lucky I'm not troll enough to call you "Burger King" ;D

**tch... I hate being a lazy bastard...

That's it, lost one more position... STOP REQUESTING AUDIOOOOO!!!!

Ach, you haven't lost it yet! With an attitude like that, sixflab will swoop in and take 6th place from you! :D

I'm still about halfway from getting through the audio. Went to sleep for a few hours, then realised my room was still boiling and decided to try a few more xD It's currently 5am, we'll see how many I can knock off before calling it a day. I'm just doing audio to try and make sure every request has two reviews, if I cut my losses I'll just do the tracks with one review and put the rest on my to-do list :P

But I digress (As I always do). Audio reviews are the reason I came into this club, even I wouldn't mind seeing a few less this time around. Ahh, for the days when total reviews didn't exceed 30...

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 00:44:51

At 5/23/10 12:04 AM, Animith wrote:
Ach, you haven't lost it yet! With an attitude like that, sixflab will swoop in and take 6th place from you! :D

What she said. Unlike my last stead with the club I will remain consistent. So unless you start reviewing most every week I will pass you in points easily.

I'm still about halfway from getting through the audio. Went to sleep for a few hours, then realised my room was still boiling and decided to try a few more xD It's currently 5am, we'll see how many I can knock off before calling it a day. I'm just doing audio to try and make sure every request has two reviews, if I cut my losses I'll just do the tracks with one review and put the rest on my to-do list :P

This is why I do most of the audio before the update even comes around.

But I digress (As I always do). Audio reviews are the reason I came into this club, even I wouldn't mind seeing a few less this time around. Ahh, for the days when total reviews didn't exceed 30...

That or a better spread of flash and art. Reviewing so much audio gets monotonous.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 01:07:02

At 5/23/10 12:44 AM, sixflab wrote: This is why I do most of the audio before the update even comes around.

I always tell myself I'm going to do that. But I'm a ridiculous procrastinator, always have been. Never do work unless under incredibly pressure to do so. Even now some of my uni portfolio gets assembled at the very last minute. So I always tend to be all "Ah, I have Wednesday to start reviewing...Thursday...Friday...Saturday ...Sunday...better start...hey Steph, extension please?"

But once I do start, I tend to be pretty efficient; did about eleven reviews in the past hour, got thirteen to go...and even now I'm thinking "Well, I could get some sleep for an hour...THEN finish them off."

That or a better spread of flash and art. Reviewing so much audio gets monotonous.

If only, if only. If the requests list wasn't so crazy long as it is already, I'd say we should try and find some more art/flash people to introduce the RRC to. But I think at the moment the last thing we need is more publicity. Lawd knows how long the list will be this week...

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 03:30:21

Haha, I was kind of waiting for Animith to do the usual 'I procrastinated, but DON'T YOU WORRY!' post :P.

Anyway, I'll probably update in around 9 hours or so. To put it simple, I'll probably update in the evening for the Europeans. Good luck to everyone who still has a few more reviews to do!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 08:24:46

Feels odd requesting to myself, but whatever :P.

I'll remove this request from the requests list if we get too many Audio Requests...

I'd like some help on how I should do the transition at 0:44, mostly, but all criticism is accepted.

Sorry for the double post.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 10:40:32

At 5/23/10 03:30 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Haha, I was kind of waiting for Animith to do the usual 'I procrastinated, but DON'T YOU WORRY!' post :P.

Anyway, I'll probably update in around 9 hours or so. To put it simple, I'll probably update in the evening for the Europeans. Good luck to everyone who still has a few more reviews to do!

Tsh, when have I ever given you reason to worry? :P Save the one occasion, I've always done either 100% or all the audio...albeit not always on time...xD

Speaking of which, I just finished the audio, so everything's got that 2-review stamp to it. And I'm absolutely shattered, so I think I'll call it there. Would rather put the flash and art on my to-do list than give them substandard reviews.

Here's hoping the next list will be a little more equalised! -Prays to NG gods-

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 10:50:08

Pfft, are you going to post at noon??

Awesome, I have 2 hours to review something more...

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 12:20:13

OK, I quit.

Animith, you passed me... :'(

My body is hurting, since I went to a Karate Championship yeasterday... I can't review today...

I'll try the 100% this week... Be aware, guys.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 13:36:01

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 13:50:43

Ah, sorry guys. I don't have time to update today. I have loads to do...

REALLY sorry... I might have a lot to do tomorrow too, so if anyone could do the requests list, it would be highly appreciated.

Sorry :C.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 13:54:22

At 5/23/10 01:50 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Ah, sorry guys. I don't have time to update today. I have loads to do...

REALLY sorry... I might have a lot to do tomorrow too, so if anyone could do the requests list, it would be highly appreciated.

Stop apologising! Life gets in the way for everyone at some point, it's kinda part of the deal. Do the update when you have time. And this way Roger gets to fret about whether he's lost his place or not ;D

I can do the requests list, got me some spare time right now. :)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 14:05:41

At 5/23/10 01:54 PM, Animith wrote:
At 5/23/10 01:50 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Ah, sorry guys. I don't have time to update today. I have loads to do...

Stop apologising! Life gets in the way for everyone at some point, it's kinda part of the deal. Do the update when you have time. And this way Roger gets to fret about whether he's lost his place or not ;D

Yeah, I need to review something FAST!! But, unfortunately, I'm not in the mood, so, you passed me...

I can do the requests list, got me some spare time right now. :)

NOOOO!! Don't do it.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 14:28:29

At 5/23/10 02:05 PM, RogerBK wrote: NOOOO!! Don't do it.

The requests list isn't the member update, you still have a bit of time to review before Steph gets the table out :P

The list is looking a tiiiiiiny bit more even than last week (If anyone's curious, there's 8 flash, 28 audio, 6 art and 13 extra audio), but there's also a Lit Request? Do we even do those? xD

Also, there are technically four things by Fro in the Flash list, which would be breaking the "3 per request" rule. But, Fro only req'd three of them, and MonoFlauta requested the fourth (as he was part of the collab). So can all four technically go on the same list?

So, two questions someone please needs to make a decision on before list gets posted: Can the four Fro flashes go in the same list as they were requested by different people, and do I put in the Lit Request? :)

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 14:59:33

At 5/23/10 02:28 PM, Animith wrote: The requests list isn't the member update, you still have a bit of time to review before Steph gets the table out :P

The list is looking a tiiiiiiny bit more even than last week (If anyone's curious, there's 8 flash, 28 audio, 6 art and 13 extra audio), but there's also a Lit Request? Do we even do those? xD

Nope :P.

Also, there are technically four things by Fro in the Flash list, which would be breaking the "3 per request" rule. But, Fro only req'd three of them, and MonoFlauta requested the fourth (as he was part of the collab). So can all four technically go on the same list?

Yeah I suppose xD. Besides, more Flash is welcome.

--

If anyone disagrees with me, just say, I don't make the rules here anyway :P. Thanks a LOT for doing the list!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 15:15:17

At 5/23/10 02:59 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Nope :P.

:--

Yeah I suppose xD. Besides, more Flash is welcome.

Those answers are good enough for me! :P I'm bound to make at least three mistakes with this list anyway, so I'm just hoping I'm not about to have a catastrophic failure in links...anyway! List time.

The total requests number is still just about the same, but the flash/art now account for 30% of the requests, which is as level as it's been in a long while. 41 requests in all. Happy reviewing ;D

Flash Request (7)

The Love I'm Searching 4 By Skaijo
Ixintro 2010 Showreel By Ixintro
FNP - Metal Slug (Scene) By Fro
John Madden Commentary By Fro
Pyroscape 2 By Fro
Pablo The Knight By Imacow
Cooking With By ArthurGhostly
Pyroscape 2 Teaser By Fro

Audio Requests (28):

There's Still Hope Left (WiP) By Supersteph54
Our Nova Pt. 2 By Isomatic (DJ-Chilvan)
D.E.F.Y. By Mark Arandyus (MarkArandjus)
[G] Holy Advocate ft. JP & KC By Jirohbomb
SUIA-Drum&bass? By superuberinsaneausm
Cobalt [DEMO] By yours31f
Big Cats By Sawdust
Etude #2 - Valse de la Chagrin By Dr Shankums (Darkmaster603)
Nature's Majesty By Cimba
Pimp that Space Ship By Syntrus
serious men By NeverHundred
Stargenx - Summer Sun By Stargenx
Dance Epica By MadHamish
Finding a Feeling(edited) By jpbear
[SxHx] N'Thisisex (Refix) By shesmackshard
The War Hawks By MixyRecords
AF - Forever (Original) By aliaspharow
LB - Broken By Lublub194
Dead (Corpse Fuck) By EpicFail
[herd] Techno Haven By Herdunculus
For Absent Friends By WeHaveFreshCookies
Into the Stratosphere By DjMindsweeper
dadgad v2 By loansindi
Strings 02 - Birth Of Man By NegativeNine
TremeloWaves - WIP By RednWhite
What She Did By Sawdust
[dj-Jo] Classical Clash By dj-Jo
Interplanetary Medium By jxl180

Art Requests (6):

Cleen the Clown By Spysociety
The New Chav By Decky1991
Help Me By Mismatched h
Happy Hoppip By Yaoimeowmaster
Sweet Seredipitys Sunrise By YaoiMeowmaster
Sweet Dreams Susrkit By YaoiMeowmaster

Extra Audio Requests (13):
Minuet in F By Darkmaster603
Guitar Suite #1 - Romance By Dr Shankums (Darkmaster603)
Metroid Dubstep By superuberinsaneausm
1010101010100101 By superuberinsaneausm
Solar Epoch (Final Mix) By Sawdust
Polar Equal By yours31f
Inter web, By NeverHundred
Lunatic By EpicFail
Mother (Crazy) By EpicFail
In Search of Light By DjMindsweeper
A Ticking Time Bomb By Cimba
Within the Stronghold By Cimba
Golden Paradise By DJ-Chilvan

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 15:25:11

At 5/23/10 03:15 PM, Animith wrote: There's Still Hope Left (WiP) By Supersteph54

Oh, you made my request the first in the list. Thanks :3.

...and thanks again for the list, I REALLY appreciate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 18:18:19

Gave you guys a break last week from my audio, but it seems you're overloaded anyhow lol.

Sorry 'bout that but here's another!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 18:48:30

my first serious hardstyle. please tell me what i need to improve :)
BTW, sorry to add another audio xD

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 19:27:24

When you get the time :)

: my eternal goal is to get a 10/10 from Coop

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 21:26:18

At 5/23/10 02:28 PM, Animith wrote:
At 5/23/10 02:05 PM, RogerBK wrote: NOOOO!! Don't do it.
The requests list isn't the member update, you still have a bit of time to review before Steph gets the table out :P

lol, it seems that I made an Epic FAIL!! I'm not idiot, OK?? I just didn't pay attention to the post...

Yeah, I'll try to review more requests here... My fav part of the day to review is the night... It's so quiet and misterious... >:)

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-23 22:52:53

A track I've been working on for some time now. Spent A LOT of time on this.

So good feedback would be nice! :)

Check out my new song ''Open the Eyes Of My Heart Lord''

3rd place in the weekly 5!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-24 04:48:12

hey RRC. Exams and general life make it harder for me to keep up, I'll still be trying my hardest to do what I can. .

Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-24 08:45:43

Here's one:

Problems already noted:
- Messy lines (poor motor skills, lack of practice)
- That big stray line that comes out of the side of the lettering (cannot be helped, does not appear in editing screen)
- Poor audio quality (could be made louder)
- Too short (...)

I would like to get 3 good reviews in before I remove it so that I might be able to avoid making the same mistakes twice. So that you get your points, a screenshot of the reviews will be taken and sent to the guy in charge of points. A copy of the screenshot will also be posted in my BBS.

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-24 10:54:14

At 5/24/10 08:45 AM, Surn wrote: I would like to get 3 good reviews in before I remove it so that I might be able to avoid making the same mistakes twice. So that you get your points, a screenshot of the reviews will be taken and sent to the guy in charge of points.

That would be me :).

Unfortunately, there's a good chance you'll have to wait up to 2-3 weeks to get all the reviews from the club. We've had some tough times and so we had to slow the pace a little. Still, if it doesn't matter, then sure, we won't mind you doing that I suppose.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-24 14:52:57

Oh man, I'm so so sorry :C. Yet again I was showered with stuff to do, and didn't have time to update...
I might be able to update today, but it'll be really really late, or else I'll just try and find time to update tomorrow.

Ugh, my schedule wasn't so busy the last 2 weeks, but at the end of these 2 weeks, everything seems to happen :(.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2010-05-24 16:50:15

Nahh, don't bother. After it leaves the bottom of the "Recent Flash Submissions" column I'll take it behind the shed and put it out of its misery.