00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BigCountry91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Viking Army

173,701 Views | 1,749 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-19 10:32:31

At 6/19/09 07:10 AM, Aleks55 wrote: Well I'll try to post as regularly as I can.

Welcome to the Army, then.

BTW I have Danish heritage.

Awesome.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-19 12:12:56

At 6/19/09 07:10 AM, Aleks55 wrote: Well I'll try to post as regularly as I can.

Okay welcome to the army, l suppose you know how it works right?
If you don't check Vdviking's page here.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-19 12:19:04

I said you that they will accept you. Have fun in the crew:D

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-19 13:01:13

I'm surprised that this club went on without sirtom. he was a great person and a close friend of mine but now he's gone. if only I could've heard him say "You Take Command Of The NG Vikings" but he was already gone before he did...

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-19 13:41:38

At 6/19/09 01:01 PM, wildface098 wrote: I'm surprised that this club went on without sirtom. he was a great person and a close friend of mine but now he's gone. if only I could've heard him say "You Take Command Of The NG Vikings" but he was already gone before he did...

hes gone? dang....a new member (me) appears and all the sudden somebody leaves (and it just happens to be the leader)

I'm awesome.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-19 14:08:41

At 6/19/09 01:41 PM, Aleks55 wrote: hes gone? dang....a new member (me) appears and all the sudden somebody leaves (and it just happens to be the leader)

He didn't exactly leave. And he was gone before you even joined NG, so...

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-19 14:59:10

At 6/19/09 02:08 PM, jew193 wrote:
He didn't exactly leave. And he was gone before you even joined NG, so...

oh...

I'm awesome.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-19 18:02:43

At 6/19/09 05:16 PM, Leidolfr wrote:
Lol,first of all, welcome Aleks! its never to late to join, and anyone can be promoted, based on frequency of posts, and quality of information therein. like they said earlier, pretty much the only rule is don't be an asshole. staying on topic is usually best, but we re all friends here, and as such if something really exciting comes up, we probably wont give you shit for it.

and youre danish, thats cool, its not required that you be of viking decent, but we dont exactly look down on it, lol [Im German, Norwegian, and Swedish]

Alright cool, so what was going on around here before I joined (looking up I saw something about legitimate beards)

I'm awesome.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-20 11:46:37

At 6/19/09 01:01 PM, wildface098 wrote: I'm surprised that this club went on without sirtom. he was a great person and a close friend of mine but now he's gone. if only I could've heard him say "You Take Command Of The NG Vikings" but he was already gone before he did...

But the second in command takes command of the army if the leader is gone...since DeathNote was the guy which posted before all the others he was promoted to leader...if SirTom ever returns he will be the leader again...

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-20 12:01:50

At 6/20/09 11:46 AM, HeavyTank wrote:

But the second in command takes command of the army if the leader is gone...since DeathNote was the guy which posted before all the others he was promoted to leader...if SirTom ever returns he will be the leader again...

Well, in the link that was witnessing the imprisonment of sirtom, I remember that Wade Fulp said him to get out of this thread. I believe he will be banned if he returns or something.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-20 13:15:09

At 6/19/09 07:48 PM, Leidolfr wrote: VDviking [who hasn't been around as of recently for some reason]

Yeah, I know, I've somehow been busy with other things, but I'll try to do better.

usually someone will say something, and I'll post an answer, and then vd will take something i said, and elaborate on it more, and by the time we're done, we've answered all kinds of questions that weren't even asked.

Yes that how it works here, you get to know everything you might want to know about a subject and probably even a couple of things you might not want to know. Tiberium once reflected that the NGVA thread is probably the most information heavy thread of all of NG, he is probably right.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-20 15:38:37

hey guys, You seen me post in here yesterday. and yes I am a member. now before you say "don't come barging in like this" check Page 27 for proof that I was a member. I've also come here to post an alert to you guys. there is an enemy trying to take the real sirtom93's place. this enemy's name is Sirtom93. I know this Illiterally stupid but it's true. he had the exact same name but the S was capital. just a heads up, his account may have been deleted by now...

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-20 17:47:13

Well you said sirtom wasn't on this anymore, so anyone who reads this (even new people like me) will know its the fake one.

I'm awesome.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-20 23:27:16

well this was probably asked before, but what kind of beard would you have if you were a viking?

I'm awesome.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-21 07:43:31

At 6/20/09 12:01 PM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: Well, in the link that was witnessing the imprisonment of sirtom, I remember that Wade Fulp said him to get out of this thread. I believe he will be banned if he returns or something.

Yeah and Rig found out his personal info...
Also, l don't see why someone would want to be sirtom93...maybe he was just joking.
Could you link me to his account?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-21 07:56:17

At 6/21/09 07:43 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 6/20/09 12:01 PM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: Well, in the link that was witnessing the imprisonment of sirtom, I remember that Wade Fulp said him to get out of this thread. I believe he will be banned if he returns or something.
Yeah and Rig found out his personal info...
Also, l don't see why someone would want to be sirtom93...maybe he was just joking.

Well, you know how many idiots exist in our world. He was probably one of these guys. But... I get frustrated with these jokes. Really.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-21 16:01:29

It makes me wonder how many fake accounts like that exist.

I'm awesome.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-21 18:42:06

At 6/20/09 11:27 PM, Aleks55 wrote: well this was probably asked before, but what kind of beard would you have if you were a viking?

A Forkbeard, of course.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-21 22:52:18

At 6/20/09 11:27 PM, Aleks55 wrote: well this was probably asked before, but what kind of beard would you have if you were a viking?

I think goatees just look badass.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-22 01:00:47

At 6/21/09 10:52 PM, jew193 wrote:
I think goatees just look badass.

Maybe but not really viking stlye don't you think?
And l think that the guy in the pic wouldn't look badass with a goatee...
Also, some beard-related trivia:
Did you know that Alexander the Great made shaving compulsory for his soldiers so that the enemies can't pull their beards?

Ng Viking Army

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-22 01:08:21

At 6/22/09 01:00 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Maybe but not really viking stlye don't you think?

And Johan Hegg will look badass no matter what he does with his beard.

Did you know that Alexander the Great made shaving compulsory for his soldiers so that the enemies can't pull their beards?

I did not know that.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-22 08:36:10

Maybe but not really viking stlye don't you think?

LULULULULUL

Who is this guy?

Is he from a Scandinavian rock group?
Anyway, very cool photo.
And, by the way, is it real that vikings were making their beards with rolls ike girls do with their hair today?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-22 10:14:50

About Vikings facial hair - a couple of wood and bone figures from the Viking Era suggests that Vikings cut their beards rather short, and usually with a moustache.

A small wooden head from the Oseberg ship
A small head carved from reindeer antlers

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-22 10:57:05

At 6/22/09 10:14 AM, vdviking wrote: About Vikings facial hair - a couple of wood and bone figures from the Viking Era suggests that Vikings cut their beards rather short, and usually with a moustache.

A small wooden head from the Oseberg ship
A small head carved from reindeer antlers

Thanks for the info:D

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-22 11:43:12

At 6/22/09 08:36 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote:

Who is this guy?

No, l don't think that Alexander the Great was a guy from a scandinavian rock group...

by the way, l am joking.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-24 09:59:07

You mean that they were leaving their hairs to long and then they were tucking them at their helmets?

I cannot imagine someone fighting with a Viking trying to pull the Vikings hair.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-25 05:55:51

At 6/24/09 09:59 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: You mean that they were leaving their hairs to long and then they were tucking them at their helmets?

I cannot imagine someone fighting with a Viking trying to pull the Vikings hair.

hehe maybe it sound funny but it was a pretty good tactic to make them lose their focus!

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-25 09:57:14

At 6/25/09 05:55 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 6/24/09 09:59 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: You mean that they were leaving their hairs to long and then they were tucking them at their helmets?

hehe maybe it sound funny but it was a pretty good tactic to make them lose their focus!

So, an enemy could torture a Viking hanging him from his beard or by closing him to a place full of flowers and cute rabbit images?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-26 02:11:32

At 6/25/09 03:08 PM, Leidolfr wrote: yeah if you could grab their hair, you could grab them and pull them off horseback, or just hold them long enough to hit them with an axe, its not really about the hair pulling itself, that's minimal pain, its the results it can lead to that made them tuck it in. and the long hair in the first place, was due to weather, and long journeys without maintenance, so it just became the norm to have long hair and a beard.

Well yeah it might cause loss of focus, and this usually leads to death when you're fighting...

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-26 02:49:00

At 6/22/09 08:36 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: LULULULULUL

Who is this guy?

It's Johan Hegg, the lead singer of Amon Amarth, a melodic death metal band from Tumba, Sweden, who sing about vikings.

Anyway, very cool photo.
And, by the way, is it real that vikings were making their beards with rolls ike girls do with their hair today?