00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

1willgmill just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Viking Army

172,473 Views | 1,749 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 16:15:29

This is a crew for anybody who is interested in viking culture, history, Norse mythology and the likes. Anyone can join if you have an interest in these areas. True vikings were around from 8th - 11th century AD so obviously there will be no progression in anything related to vikings. I think it is important to remember our culture and heritage. Anyone from Sweden, Denmark and Norway this may be of real interest to you.

I my self am particularly interested in how the vikings effected and changed the countries they invaded, where I come from is home to a viking settlement and I believe I have some viking blood in me.

Rules -

Don't be rude.
Don't be disrespectful.
Don't mock the 3 gods, Odin, Thor and Freyja.

I would like it it everyone talked in context of the viking times but at the same time this could be similar to roleplay so don't pretend to actually be a viking.

If your good you will ride to Valhalla on the back of Sleipnir. So let that be your incentive not to be a dick.

Ok so post and be good :3

Ng Viking Army

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 16:17:28

I once saw an episode of Metalocolypse that dealt with stuff like that, and it intruiged me, so I'll join. First member!

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 16:19:02

At 9/21/08 04:17 PM, jew193 wrote: I once saw an episode of Metalocolypse that dealt with stuff like that, and it intruiged me, so I'll join. First member!

Awesome, welcome to the army. I have never heard of that series, something history related?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 16:21:37

Click the song in my sig, i think it could be our theme song!

MIGHT join

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 16:24:15

At 9/21/08 04:19 PM, sirtom93 wrote:
At 9/21/08 04:17 PM, jew193 wrote: I once saw an episode of Metalocolypse that dealt with stuff like that, and it intruiged me, so I'll join. First member!
Awesome, welcome to the army. I have never heard of that series, something history related?

Nah, it's a show on Adult Swim with a metal band called Dethklok, and they're the most famous band in the world. Click here if you want to read more. And thanks for letting me join.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 16:25:55

At 9/21/08 04:21 PM, loogiesquared wrote: Click the song in my sig, i think it could be our theme song!

MIGHT join

Sound more celt if im honest, lulul. But please join, there is only one true root now to Valhalla.

By the way, if any of you like the heavier kinds of metal I am into viking metal - ALOT

Although I find it an insult they managed to spell Oden wrong. Maybe there are different spellings depend on what rune alphabet they use.... who knows.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 16:29:37

Nah, it's a show on Adult Swim with a metal band called Dethklok, and they're the most famous band in the world. Click here if you want to read more. And thanks for letting me join.

Ahh I remember watching that, one of the better adult swim cartoons. And thanks for joining :3

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 16:31:28

At 9/21/08 04:29 PM, sirtom93 wrote:
Ahh I remember watching that, one of the better adult swim cartoons. And thanks for joining :3

No problem. Did you see that particular episode, or a different one? (The one where they raise the Norse beast)

At 9/21/08 04:25 PM, sirtom93 wrote: By the way, if any of you like the heavier kinds of metal I am into viking metal - ALOT

This sounds pretty fuckin awesome. Definitely someone I need to hear more of.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 16:49:35

At 9/21/08 04:31 PM, jew193 wrote:
At 9/21/08 04:29 PM, sirtom93 wrote:
No problem. Did you see that particular episode, or a different one? (The one where they raise the Norse beast)

My friend had a dvd of that thing with the macdonalds drink and meatwad or something, and they had an episode at the end. Don't think it was viking related. Twas along time ago.

At 9/21/08 04:25 PM, sirtom93 wrote: By the way, if any of you like the heavier kinds of metal I am into viking metal - ALOT
This sounds pretty fuckin awesome. Definitely someone I need to hear more of.

Yes, I only discovered them quite recently - very epic. They had a new album out this year, another viking metal band I like are equilibrium.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 16:51:29

I'll try to invite Adrian Peterson into this crew...if it last.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 16:52:34

I'd like to join. I'm 1/4 Norweigan, and have always loved learning about Norse mythology. BTW, favorite figure in norse mythology would have to be Fenrir.

Skoal is a close second.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 16:53:34

At 9/21/08 04:51 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: I'll try to invite Adrian Peterson into this crew...if it last.

Is that because he plays for a team nick-named the vikings?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 16:54:13

At 9/21/08 04:49 PM, sirtom93 wrote: My friend had a dvd of that thing with the macdonalds drink and meatwad or something, and they had an episode at the end. Don't think it was viking related. Twas along time ago.

Mm. this one you wouldh ave remembered. They went to some Scandinavian country and read this book that had spells to summon a demon from a lake, and they played it and unknowingly summoned the beast. The beast destroyed the power lines and stuff, so they had to put it back to sleep with acoustic instruments. It was pretty funny.

Yes, I only discovered them quite recently - very epic. They had a new album out this year, another viking metal band I like are equilibrium.

They sound a lot like Children of Bodom in my opinion. Just with more keyboards.

AWESOMENESS!!1

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 16:56:01

They sound a lot like Children of Bodom in my opinion. Just with more keyboards.

AWESOMENESS!!1

I guess they do, I definitely prefer amon amarth, much heavier and more like vikings would have been. Viking metal has allot of flutes and wood wind instruments in it, makes it good.

And wow this club is doing well so far :3

And the other person, you can join.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 16:56:26

ill join I love vikings I live in minnesota (mostly Norwiegien descent)

BY THE GODS OF ASGARD!!

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 17:26:22

It's going to be tough, I got sacked by his bodyguards.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 17:29:44

At 9/21/08 04:56 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: ill join I love vikings I live in minnesota (mostly Norwiegien descent)

BY THE GODS OF ASGARD!!

Welcome in traveler.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 17:30:23

ugh. I wonder haw many Minnesota Viking fans this thread will attract...

Way too many is my guess...

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 17:35:23

At 9/21/08 05:30 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: ugh. I wonder haw many Minnesota Viking fans this thread will attract...

I did not know they existed until I researched the name idiot-finder posted.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 17:41:06

At 9/21/08 05:35 PM, sirtom93 wrote:
At 9/21/08 05:30 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: ugh. I wonder haw many Minnesota Viking fans this thread will attract...

Well, that's not surprising, considering where you live.

Norfolk is in Brittania, right?

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 17:42:54

At 9/21/08 05:41 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 9/21/08 05:35 PM, sirtom93 wrote:
Well, that's not surprising, considering where you live.
Norfolk is in Brittania, right?

Brittania? Britian you mean, I live in England, Great Britain. Which is on the east coast.

Anyhoo, I have to go now. Farewell soldiers.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 17:49:49

At 9/21/08 05:42 PM, sirtom93 wrote:
Brittania? Britian you mean, I live in England, Great Britain. Which is on the east coast.

Anyhoo, I have to go now. Farewell soldiers.

I just meant some where in the British Isles in general.

Not that it matters now that you're gone... ...so lonely...

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 18:21:56

Can I join? I'm quite a fan of history in general, including vikings PLUS I like some Viking metal. :P

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 19:26:51

OI im a Minnesota Viking's fan.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 19:28:00

At 9/21/08 06:21 PM, AniMetal wrote: Can I join? I'm quite a fan of history in general, including vikings PLUS I like some Viking metal. :P

I don't know. I think final decisions are up to sirtom, but it's fine by me if you join.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 19:30:49

my brothers I do fear Ragnorak is near let us summon the gods of asgard and their imp Loki.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 19:32:09

At 9/21/08 07:26 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote:
OI im a Minnesota Viking's fan.

Ohho! Well there. Congrats on your little win today. However, I will have to save my taunting until after tonight. We'll still have a better record than you, but I can't just fire away without seeing my team's display tonight.

It's all good-natured ribbing, of course. BEHOLD THE POWER OF CHEESE!

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 19:38:42

At 9/21/08 07:32 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: Ohho! Well there. Congrats on your little win today. However, I will have to save my taunting until after tonight. We'll still have a better record than you, but I can't just fire away without seeing my team's display tonight.

oh you cheese heads wont be able to handle the power of the wrath of the Vikings.

It's all good-natured ribbing, of course.

I didn't thats how your players on the Packers pleasured each other in the showers before the game.

must be good for morale.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 19:41:09

At 9/21/08 07:38 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote:
I didn't thats how your players on the Packers pleasured each other in the showers before the game.

must be good for morale.

Why do you think they play a game that allows them to shamelessly touch each others' asses?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2008-09-21 19:45:01

At 9/21/08 07:38 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote:
At 9/21/08 07:32 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: Ohho! Well there. Congrats on your little win today. However, I will have to save my taunting until after tonight. We'll still have a better record than you, but I can't just fire away without seeing my team's display tonight.
oh you cheese heads wont be able to handle the power of the wrath of the Vikings.

That's real scary coming from a 1-2 team, that's for sure. I would like to redirect your attention to a certain MNF game, played just a few weeks ago.

must be good for morale.

Hey, whatever gets us to 3-0. It's not my place to judge.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature