New Topic Respond to this Topic
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-08 07:41:28 Reply

So yesterday after the usual drinking I went home and on my way I saw a girl from my school who I hadn't seen in a while. So we have a chat and after a while we're talking about drinking tea. For some reason she was wondering who she could go have tea with. So I suggested her mother, and then the drunk me realized her mom had died a year ago, unexpectedly, when she was 17. Needless to say alcohol is awesome to keep your relationships steady, because it makes you say stuff like that.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-08 12:46:19 Reply

dude you should have gone to a late night tea house, had tea with her, then gone back to her place and had wild and violent sex.

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-08 13:26:36 Reply

At 8/8/08 12:46 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: dude you should have gone to a late night tea house, had tea with her, then gone back to her place and had wild and violent sex.

She's not exactly the person I'd want sex with (in before a hole is a hole) and maybe it was better to get the fuck out after insulting her dead mother.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-08 13:28:29 Reply

eh, a hole is a hole.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-08 20:36:04 Reply

so anyway, went out tonight. got dr0nkz, and then drank a bit more, and then got a bit more dr0nkz. i have work at 9am tomorrow morning. i am waking up in 5.5 hours. i am going to have a hangover in 5.5 hours.

God fuck it.

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-10 07:22:15 Reply

Good luck with your hangover dude! There's been times I went to sleep at 5 and had to get up at 7 though, with the same hangover and then go to work. That was hardcore and it was also something I never want to happen again...

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-11 16:12:36 Reply

Been away for the past few days at a friend's house having a lad's weekend. Met some cool people and got really, really drunk on Friday night. Tried to have a conversation about politics and religion, which is pretty hard when you're really drunk.

BTW don't ever try sambuca and cream soda, unless you really like the VERY strong aniseed taste. Some girl at the house we all ended up drinking at gave us some of that shit, and for some reason, the cream soda just makes the sambuca taste stronger. I'm not a fan of aniseed really, but I was too drunk by that point to care.

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-11 17:04:51 Reply

At 8/11/08 04:12 PM, NEVR wrote: Been away for the past few days at a friend's house having a lad's weekend. Met some cool people and got really, really drunk on Friday night. Tried to have a conversation about politics and religion, which is pretty hard when you're really drunk.

I hear you had a good time! Seriously, there's nothing better than a lads' weekend for drunk shit to happen. Especially if you get drunk at the place you sleep, then go fuck with some people in town, and then go back to the place you sleep and crash some more.

BTW don't ever try sambuca and cream soda, unless you really like the VERY strong aniseed taste. Some girl at the house we all ended up drinking at gave us some of that shit, and for some reason, the cream soda just makes the sambuca taste stronger. I'm not a fan of aniseed really, but I was too drunk by that point to care.

Sambuca? Cream soda? I don't have any idea of what that shit even could be, so don't worry, I'll never try that.

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-11 17:04:51 Reply

At 8/11/08 04:12 PM, NEVR wrote: Been away for the past few days at a friend's house having a lad's weekend. Met some cool people and got really, really drunk on Friday night. Tried to have a conversation about politics and religion, which is pretty hard when you're really drunk.

I hear you had a good time! Seriously, there's nothing better than a lads' weekend for drunk shit to happen. Especially if you get drunk at the place you sleep, then go fuck with some people in town, and then go back to the place you sleep and crash some more.

Sambuca? Cream soda? I don't have any idea of what that shit even could be, so don't worry, I'll never try that.

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-11 17:09:29 Reply

At 8/11/08 05:04 PM, Casualty wrote: I hear you had a good time! Seriously, there's nothing better than a lads' weekend for drunk shit to happen. Especially if you get drunk at the place you sleep, then go fuck with some people in town, and then go back to the place you sleep and crash some more.

Heh, we had our fair share of messing about in public. Walking back home at 5am on Friday night (Saturday morning technically) I saw a postman on a bicycle and tried to spark up a conversation with him, then cursed at him when he blanked me and cycled off.

Bastard.

It's just... terrible... It made me want to tear off my own arm just so that I wouldn't think about the horrible taste in my mouth. ;P

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-11 17:33:02 Reply

At 8/11/08 05:09 PM, NEVR wrote: Heh, we had our fair share of messing about in public. Walking back home at 5am on Friday night (Saturday morning technically) I saw a postman on a bicycle and tried to spark up a conversation with him, then cursed at him when he blanked me and cycled off.

Bastard.

I like seeing postmen in the morning. A few weeks ago I saw one at like 7 am, I was drunk as fuck and the postman was delivering the neighbours' newspaper. So I just took the paper out of their mailbox seconds after it was delivered and I sat down there and read it. When I was done I neatly refolded it and put it back, and stumbled home =D

It's just... terrible... It made me want to tear off my own arm just so that I wouldn't think about the horrible taste in my mouth. ;P

I don't think I ever tasted something that made me want to do that =P

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-11 18:00:40 Reply

At 8/11/08 05:33 PM, Casualty wrote: I just took the paper out of their mailbox seconds after it was delivered and I sat down there and read it. When I was done I neatly refolded it and put it back, and stumbled home =D

I wouldn't be able to read a paper if I was drunk... the print is just too small, and it would hurt my brain too much to make the effort to concentrate.

I don't think I ever tasted something that made me want to do that =P

Believe me, it's not something I'd like to repeat.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-11 18:09:27 Reply

last time i tried to read while drunk, I read the same page of a book, like, 8 times, then gave up and fell asleep.

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-12 05:16:37 Reply

At 8/11/08 06:09 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: last time i tried to read while drunk, I read the same page of a book, like, 8 times, then gave up and fell asleep.

Done that countless times as well. It's funny when the day after when you read it again, you feel like you've already read that but it was like 5 years ago.

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-13 12:08:03 Reply

At 8/11/08 06:00 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 8/11/08 05:33 PM, Casualty wrote: I just took the paper out of their mailbox seconds after it was delivered and I sat down there and read it. When I was done I neatly refolded it and put it back, and stumbled home =D
I wouldn't be able to read a paper if I was drunk... the print is just too small, and it would hurt my brain too much to make the effort to concentrate.

At my school we have a humor newspaper called "The Booze News" which makes fun of a lot of things around our campus, popular trends of the time, etc etc. I have no problem reading that, even when I'm really drunk, probably because the content is such low grade humor that it would mostly appeal to a teenager, but I guess after drinking some beers, I regress into a teenager anyways so it works.

Speaking of school, I'm going back a week from Friday so from that point, I'll probably start having more stories to share.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-13 13:10:37 Reply

At 8/13/08 12:08 PM, 36Holla wrote: Speaking of school, I'm going back a week from Friday so from that point, I'll probably start having more stories to share.

Nice. I don't start university for another 5 weeks, but when I do I guarantee there'll be some pretty ridiculous anecdotes for me to share with all you guys ;P

BBS Signature
Viridis
Viridis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-16 08:06:56 Reply

Went out last night, didnt bring any money with me, but still got 10 pints, my persuasion skills are unmatched anywhere in the world. ;P
Going out to a party tonight too, and on the 18th. ^_____^
ALSO, was at a party on the 13, drank 22 beers. Was good. :P

PSN: Cloud-1409

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-16 08:52:58 Reply

At 8/16/08 08:06 AM, Shadow-1409 wrote: ALSO, was at a party on the 13, drank 22 beers. Was good. :P

Ok, either you were counting funny, or drinking half pints.

Seriously.

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-16 09:09:34 Reply

At 8/16/08 08:52 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 8/16/08 08:06 AM, Shadow-1409 wrote: ALSO, was at a party on the 13, drank 22 beers. Was good. :P
Ok, either you were counting funny, or drinking half pints.

Seriously.

He's Irish, that should explain it... ;P

Being either Scottish or Irish usually makes you a bit of a naturally hardass drinker -- at least if we're going by the stereotype, that is

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-16 09:13:08 Reply

At 8/16/08 09:09 AM, NEVR wrote: Being either Scottish or Irish usually makes you a bit of a naturally hardass drinker -- at least if we're going by the stereotype, that is

But 22 beers, well, thats FIFTY FIVE FUCKING UNITS. That's, like, comatose levels.

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-16 10:09:25 Reply

At 8/16/08 09:13 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: But 22 beers, well, thats FIFTY FIVE FUCKING UNITS. That's, like, comatose levels.

I was told by an ex-police officer that a pint of beer was 2 units. Who told you it was 3? :/

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-16 10:10:28 Reply

At 8/16/08 10:09 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 8/16/08 09:13 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: But 22 beers, well, thats FIFTY FIVE FUCKING UNITS. That's, like, comatose levels.
I was told by an ex-police officer that a pint of beer was 2 units. Who told you it was 2.5? :/

Fixed -- wasn't thinking straight. Excuse the bad maths.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-16 10:18:31 Reply

Sure, if your beer is ~3.5%-4%.

A pint of stella (5.25% ABV), for example, is 3 units.

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-16 10:34:01 Reply

At 8/16/08 10:18 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Sure, if your beer is ~3.5%-4%.

The guy left out that little detail. I don't see many people drinking 3.5% - 4% vol. beer these days. Most beers are about 4.5% - 5+%

A pint of stella (5.25% ABV), for example, is 3 units.

So basically, any beer with actual alcohol content is about 2.5 - 3 units. I'll bear that in mind -- I'm not driving at the moment as I didn't renew my insurance (having a car at uni = pointless), but still useful to know. I only used to have 1 pint when i was driving anyway, which is technically under the limit... still probably wouldn't pass a breathalyser though.

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-17 09:56:03 Reply

I don't know guys, it mustn't be TOO hard to drink like 22 pints on an evening, I've seen it done tons of times...

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-17 10:34:56 Reply

At 8/17/08 09:56 AM, Casualty wrote: I don't know guys, it mustn't be TOO hard to drink like 22 pints on an evening, I've seen it done tons of times...

Maybe this fella was drinking bottles, 22 would be easily doable if so. Or maybe he's American, and drinking from a keg from little paper cups like on the TV :P

Oh, and I've been sober all weekend. Proof that I can do it, take that non-believers!

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-17 11:17:28 Reply

At 8/17/08 10:34 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Oh, and I've been sober all weekend. Proof that I can do it, take that non-believers!

LOL, I haven't had a drink in about a week or so now. I'm concentrating more on getting fit for rugby season -- If I make the university team then I'll no doubt have some insane drinking stories to tell you all ;P

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-17 11:44:58 Reply

Nice going guys, on the abstinence... I, on the other hand, went to that festival for 3 days and obviously I got drunk. Not much to tell about except the bands were awesome because it's like Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, The Casualties, MXPX, Metallica, and some more. Point: drunk moshpits are awesome.

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-17 12:02:39 Reply

At 8/17/08 11:44 AM, Casualty wrote: Not much to tell about except the bands were awesome because it's like Killswitch Engage

Sweet

As I Lay Dying

Sweet

The Casualties

SWEET

MXPX

Haven't actually heard of them.

Metallica

SWEET

and some more. Point: drunk moshpits are awesome.

Heh. I've never gotten drunk at a gig because they charge extortionate amounts for a pint. I remember my friend being charged £8 for a pint at a gig in London. EIGHT FUCKING QUID! He paid it too because he's a fool.

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-08-17 14:46:05 Reply

At 8/17/08 12:02 PM, NEVR wrote: Sweet

Sweet it was, especially The Casualties because I have been listening to them for years and it was one of the first bands I really liked so I always wanted to see them =D

Heh. I've never gotten drunk at a gig because they charge extortionate amounts for a pint.

I think I controlled my expenses pretty well, but then again I must admit I only paid for half of what I drank, because certain people I know are awesome, if you see what I mean. I think I spent around EU50 per day on drinks and food, while a pint cost EU2.5. Again, the point is that I was drunk at the end of the night so it's all good.

I remember my friend being charged £8 for a pint at a gig in London. EIGHT FUCKING QUID! He paid it too because he's a fool.

EIGHT FUCKING POUNDS? WHAT THE FUCK? And I thought they were sometimes ripping us off here, £8 is just ludicrous. If you go to the right place here, you can easily get 10 pints for that price.