NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-26 20:10:04 Reply

At 6/26/08 07:36 PM, Shanus wrote: Jagermeister

I've tried it a few times... had it once at prom, and had to drive back home with my girlfriend afterwards. Tasted a bit like cough medicine... or is that just me?

BBS Signature
Shanus
Shanus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-26 20:56:47 Reply

At 6/26/08 08:10 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 6/26/08 07:36 PM, Shanus wrote: Jagermeister
I've tried it a few times... had it once at prom, and had to drive back home with my girlfriend afterwards. Tasted a bit like cough medicine... or is that just me?

That's it exactly, me and my friend drank a bottle between us, and noticed that our faces went numb. It's quite a strange liquor. Well I think that's what it's classed as. Messes with your head :D

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge || Elite Guard Barracks || Review Request Club || NGLog

I watch an unholy amount of films

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-26 21:06:19 Reply

At 6/26/08 08:56 PM, Shanus wrote: That's it exactly, me and my friend drank a bottle between us, and noticed that our faces went numb. It's quite a strange liquor. Well I think that's what it's classed as. Messes with your head :D

Heh... I know a guy who loves the stuff. I don't mind it in moderation, though I could probably drink a fair amount of the stuff if I was in the mood though.

Nothing beats an ice cold beer after a day of really hard work, though. Mmmmmm :)

BBS Signature
Shanus
Shanus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-26 21:18:05 Reply

At 6/26/08 09:06 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 6/26/08 08:56 PM, Shanus wrote: That's it exactly, me and my friend drank a bottle between us, and noticed that our faces went numb. It's quite a strange liquor. Well I think that's what it's classed as. Messes with your head :D
Heh... I know a guy who loves the stuff. I don't mind it in moderation, though I could probably drink a fair amount of the stuff if I was in the mood though.

Nothing beats an ice cold beer after a day of really hard work, though. Mmmmmm :)

True dat, going to a concert in two weeks time. So that probably means 4 days of straight drinking. Which means I'll probably be sober till then. Don't think my liver can take it. And I plan to bring a bottle of absinthe. So this may be the last few weeks of Shanus :P

In saying that I brought a whole bottle of cognac last year. Hmmm it may actually sound like I'm an alcoholic, but I don't drink that regularly really :P

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-26 21:23:14 Reply

At 6/26/08 09:18 PM, Shanus wrote: In saying that I brought a whole bottle of cognac last year. Hmmm it may actually sound like I'm an alcoholic, but I don't drink that regularly really :P

ABSINTHE

Isn't that stuff illegal over here? I know it's illegal somewhere - unless that's all just a filthy rumour that I believed like a fool. I'd LOVE to try it sometime though. 70% vol... I'd probably die.

Make sure YOU don't die. I'd miss you. ;_;

BBS Signature
Shanus
Shanus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-26 21:35:21 Reply

At 6/26/08 09:23 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 6/26/08 09:18 PM, Shanus wrote: In saying that I brought a whole bottle of cognac last year. Hmmm it may actually sound like I'm an alcoholic, but I don't drink that regularly really :P
ABSINTHE

Isn't that stuff illegal over here? I know it's illegal somewhere - unless that's all just a filthy rumour that I believed like a fool. I'd LOVE to try it sometime though. 70% vol... I'd probably die.

Make sure YOU don't die. I'd miss you. ;_;

In Ireland you seem to be able to buy it. It's illegal to sell any alcohol over 40% proof. Unless you have a whiskey license. Then you can sell up to 70% and I know a guy who lives near one :P That maybe only in Ireland I don't know.

And don't worry I've unfortunately consumed alot more than that in one night before. And survived to tell the tale..... ish :P

BBS Signature
UnknownFear
UnknownFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-26 21:50:13 Reply

At 6/26/08 09:23 PM, NEVR wrote: ABSINTHE

Does that stuff not make you hallucinate or something?

Shanus
Shanus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-26 21:58:06 Reply

At 6/26/08 09:50 PM, UnknownFear wrote:
At 6/26/08 09:23 PM, NEVR wrote: ABSINTHE
Does that stuff not make you hallucinate or something?

It's suppose to, but really it just gets you drunk very very fast. But if you'd get the real stuff, from mainland Europe. Perhaps you could. It's made out of a weird herb mixture. But I'd say modern absinthe doesn't contain the hallucinogen. But I'll tell you my experience when I have some :P

BBS Signature
Chromius
Chromius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Artist
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-26 22:02:15 Reply

At 6/26/08 08:56 PM, Shanus wrote:
That's it exactly, me and my friend drank a bottle between us, and noticed that our faces went numb. It's quite a strange liquor. Well I think that's what it's classed as. Messes with your head :D

Haven't seen the full potential of its mindfucking capabilities until you've mixed it with Redbull. Strange liquor indeed.

BBS Signature
Shanus
Shanus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-26 22:06:22 Reply

At 6/26/08 10:02 PM, Chromius wrote:
At 6/26/08 08:56 PM, Shanus wrote:
Haven't seen the full potential of its mindfucking capabilities until you've mixed it with Redbull. Strange liquor indeed.

Haha, my old friend the Jager Bomb. Kinda do the opposite things, but leads you into feeling drunk but energetic. Makes for a strange nite. Also not the safest thing to drink lots of. Alcohol decreasing your heart rate, redbull increasing. One nite out, my friends heard actually stopped drinking the stuff. So drink responsibly :P

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 08:13:53 Reply

Welcome to FC-Thun-Fan! Got to agree with you on the cheap champagne, it's awesome shit =D Also welcome to Shanus (good to see you here.) Talking of Jagermeister, a girl I know still has a coupon for two Jagermeisters and she promised she's share it with me, SO I know what I'll drink next time I enter the "Panic D'o" lol.

Also, yesterday night's story (I should do these every day): Nothing much in fact, it was a regular slightly drunk evening/night with the usual chick I go out with, but there was another fun part. One time when I went to the toilet, the guy next to me starts talking in English about shit like "Why do we have to pay for water if it makes up 70% of the earth".
So being the awesome guy I am I start talking with him and then I end up at a table with him and his friend, who were in fact from Russia (which got its ass beaten in the football competition while they were talking lol).
They were fucking weird/drunk and like 5 years older than me, and they kept eating pure salt while drinking beer; while trying to make it look like cocaine. There's too much to tell about what we talked of and you don't care about that, but at a point I thought of this club here and I asked them about the drinking age in Russia. He told me nobody really cares there either, and that they have good vodka. I'll happily believe that.

At 6/26/08 12:57 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Pah, fuck off. I don't drink stella, I mean pilsner urquell, staropramen, budvar, i wont say no to a leffe, etc, etc. The closest to mainstream I really like is probably carlsberg export or becks.

I get your point. But I'll have to say meh to Carlsberg. I am in fact more for the mainstream stuff myself.

At 6/26/08 04:51 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Just had a bottle of a lager called Tuborg. Not bad at all. Not to mention the fact that it was only 50p XD

Awesome, I just had a Tuborg for the first time a few days ago. Me and a friend were in the "connoisseur's" pub again, and while browsing through the beers, I saw Tuborg standing there and I remembered a Simpsons episode in which Moe calls Tuborg the "Beer of Danish kings". So I had to try it, and I must say I quite liked it indeed =D

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 10:40:11 Reply

Almost forgot about this :)
http://www.dannyisonfire.com/?p=12

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 11:55:33 Reply

At 6/27/08 10:40 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Almost forgot about this :)

Whoa, that was a very interesting read dude! I've always enjoyed drunk-time stories, but these were quite exceptional ones indeed.

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 13:38:31 Reply

I'm going to a friend's house this evening who loves his Jagermeister, so I'll probably be having a fair amount of that stuff. Haven't had a decent lads night in ages. Been a while since I tried the old Jager as well, so I'm looking forward to that shit.

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 13:53:01 Reply

At 6/27/08 01:38 PM, NEVR wrote: I'm going to a friend's house this evening who loves his Jagermeister, so I'll probably be having a fair amount of that stuff. Haven't had a decent lads night in ages. Been a while since I tried the old Jager as well, so I'm looking forward to that shit.

I've heard a lot about it, but never actually tried it. I'll make a point of getting a hold of some.
Anyway, what's everyone doing tonight and tomorrow in relation to drinking, now that the weekends finally upon us.

Tonight I'm just gonna kick back with some TV and have myself a few beers. I've already started on the Grolsch and I've got a couple of cans of Kronenbourg Dynamo to add to the mix later. Tomorrows where the fun really begins. Speed drink at mine with a mate, 5.30-7, go fetch another mate, head to the pub, some pintage from 8-10, throw a few strongers mixers in there as well, Vodka Red Bull and Soco, Lemon and Lime. Head to a party at 10.30- who knows when, then depending on the time back to the pub for a few more pints. Should be a good night, especially if this party has a few females who don't know me and therefore aren't put of by my antics already :D

BBS Signature
Mr-Fluffykins
Mr-Fluffykins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 13:57:58 Reply

This club isprolly offensive to true alcoholics, who have an actual dependency to it, it takes years of heavy drinking and an addiction to truly become an acoholic, just because you like it, and drink alot doesnt mean you are an alcoholic, or cose to it,

LSD!

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 14:11:16 Reply

At 6/27/08 02:05 PM, Casualty wrote:
At 6/27/08 01:53 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Tomorrows where the fun really begins.
A classic. I often leave out the speed drinking though, because I can't handle drinking fast lol. If I spread it, I can take like anything, but speeding kills me. Moreover, tomorrow I'll have the same schedule (except for the speeding uhu), so I'll be thinking of you =P

I don't know why, it's just become a habbit of comnig back to mine, drinking what there is, then heading out every weekend we go out. I guess the main reason is, I can pretty much just keep drinking until about 3am (no matter how much I drink) before at which point my body demands sleep. Drinking a little over a very short period of time gets me into that "happy but not drunk" phase. I'm sure you know the one. Just seems to make me enjoy the night all the more quicker.

Also, I've been listening to this for a while now. Watched the film the other day. The quote's really catchy and very, very true. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLX_cDna2 nM

BBS Signature
Mr-Fluffykins
Mr-Fluffykins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 14:31:24 Reply

At 6/27/08 02:11 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:
I don't know why, it's just become a habbit of comnig back to mine, drinking what there is, then heading out every weekend we go out. I guess the main reason is, I can pretty much just keep drinking until about 3am (no matter how much I drink) before at which point my body demands sleep. Drinking a little over a very short period of time gets me into that "happy but not drunk" phase. I'm sure you know the one. Just seems to make me enjoy the night all the more quicker.

try some cocaine, that always gets me right back up, just drink less and add cocaine, thats the shit... hang overs are worse though

LSD!

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 14:40:08 Reply

At 6/27/08 02:11 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: I don't know why, it's just become a habbit of comnig back to mine, drinking what there is, then heading out every weekend we go out. I guess the main reason is, I can pretty much just keep drinking until about 3am (no matter how much I drink) before at which point my body demands sleep.

I usually drink until around 3-4am as well, after which I'm either too drunk or too bored to go on. But it's obviously the former 95% of the time. Sleep has never really been a problem when drinking, but when I get in my bed I fall asleep in like 15 seconds. You know how it goes.

Drinking a little over a very short period of time gets me into that "happy but not drunk" phase. I'm sure you know the one. Just seems to make me enjoy the night all the more quicker.

I know what you're talking about, but to achieve that phase, I must drink quite a lot on a short span, after which I need to stop or otherwise it's the full power drunkenness a few hours later. Weird I say... =/

Also, I've been listening to this for a while now. Watched the film the other day. The quote's really catchy and very, very true. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLX_cDna2 nM

Lol, I can totally see what the guy's weekend will look like.

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 14:51:38 Reply

At 6/27/08 02:31 PM, Mr-Fluffykins wrote: try some cocaine, that always gets me right back up, just drink less and add cocaine, thats the shit... hang overs are worse though

Dunno, the only times I've ever considered cocaine, I've been smashed. To be honest, I've tried a few drugs, not loads mind, but a few, and have always said the same thing. Nothing beats a pint.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 14:57:42 Reply

Don't link to shock sites, casualty.

Ever.

Humourous or otherwise.

Warnings or otherwise.

BBS Signature
Mr-Fluffykins
Mr-Fluffykins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 15:36:39 Reply

At 6/27/08 02:51 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:
At 6/27/08 02:31 PM, Mr-Fluffykins wrote: try some cocaine, that always gets me right back up, just drink less and add cocaine, thats the shit... hang overs are worse though
Dunno, the only times I've ever considered cocaine, I've been smashed. To be honest, I've tried a few drugs, not loads mind, but a few, and have always said the same thing. Nothing beats a pint.

each to his own, but cocaine and alcohol are meant for each other, they combine in the blood to form a new stronger chemcial

LSD!

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 17:50:54 Reply

I am scandanavian so heineken!

World of Warcraft - Beer Song
Trigun beer song
Lego beer song
watch these when your wasted

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 20:19:22 Reply

At 6/27/08 05:50 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: I am scandanavian

That's no excuse to drink piss.

BBS Signature
Shanus
Shanus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 21:16:48 Reply

At 6/27/08 08:19 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 6/27/08 05:50 PM, Dante-Son-Of-Sparda wrote: I am scandanavian
That's no excuse to drink piss.

Lol I'd have to agree with you BBM, tis the piss of beers. Well the beers on tap but I won't go into the canned piss, there are just too many.

At 6/27/08 10:40 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Almost forgot about this :)

Excellent stuff, I would post some of my stories, but most are quite embarrassing and I wouldn;t want people to think less of me around here :P

At 6/27/08 01:57 PM, Mr-Fluffykins wrote: This club isprolly offensive to true alcoholics, who have an actual dependency to it, it takes years of heavy drinking and an addiction to truly become an acoholic, just because you like it, and drink alot doesnt mean you are an alcoholic, or cose to it,

I qualify in every aspect of alcoholism except the drinking on my own part, but I would say that about 70% of my friend sare pretty alcohol dependent too, so Ireland's stereotype holds true :D

And I hope NEVR's nite is good, I'm stuck at home/working all weekend so liver will be nice and rested up for another date :P

BBS Signature
Chromius
Chromius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Artist
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-27 23:21:20 Reply

At 6/26/08 10:06 PM, Shanus wrote:
Haha, my old friend the Jager Bomb. Kinda do the opposite things, but leads you into feeling drunk but energetic. Makes for a strange nite. Also not the safest thing to drink lots of. Alcohol decreasing your heart rate, redbull increasing. One nite out, my friends heard actually stopped drinking the stuff. So drink responsibly :P

Responsibly or never again. After experimenting with Jager Bombs the first time, I swore those things off. I've heard similar stories about how it has the potential to stop your heart, but I never had anyone in my circle experience it. That's pretty nuts. Now whenever I crave something bombtastic, I go with the Irish car bombs. The best part is the chugging.

Anyways, Heineken is hardly the piss of beers. I'd reserve that title for Corona anyday. Either way both of them are still better than Labatt Blue, Molson Canadian and Budweiser which are all watered-down pissbeers.

BBS Signature
FC-Thun-Fan
FC-Thun-Fan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-28 04:25:46 Reply

*Shocked* what happened to my cooler box last night? I drank too much beer in a way too short span of time. Can't remember most things, all I know is I threw up. I must have been well hammered. I hope one of my friends took the cooler box and hopefully my bag too.

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-28 09:19:39 Reply

At 6/27/08 02:57 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Don't link to shock sites, casualty.

Ever.

Humourous or otherwise.

Warnings or otherwise.

Oh, yeah, how stupid of me >_> Sorry, won't happen again, it's just that I've been frequenting the BBS a little less and my knowledge of the rules has started rusting because of that...

At 6/28/08 04:25 AM, FC-Thun-Fan wrote: *Shocked* what happened to my cooler box last night? I drank too much beer in a way too short span of time. Can't remember most things, all I know is I threw up. I must have been well hammered. I hope one of my friends took the cooler box and hopefully my bag too.

Was there beer left in the cooler box? Because that's like the only thing that matters.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-28 09:36:29 Reply

Drank a little too much last night :( Someone kept buying rounds, I don't know who.... but I wish they hadn't.

God my head hurts.

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2008-06-28 10:50:47 Reply

At 6/28/08 09:36 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Drank a little too much last night :( Someone kept buying rounds, I don't know who.... but I wish they hadn't.

God my head hurts.

Same, except the hangover isn't that bad. My mom was at the pub with me for a while so she payed me drinks, lol.